PDA

View Full Version : great charity night - great music

Fran
6th-July-2003, 12:34 PM
just to say that we all had a great time last night at the cancer research party at Marcos and I hope it raised a lot of money.well done Lana.

the atmosphere was great - as was the music - thanks DD:cheers: Some Fab tracks to really have fun with and enjoy we all had some lovely dances.

only down part is that I don't think we could really wear the T Shirts again!!:really: :really:

Franx

Ps the cakes were absloutly fantastic - the best carrot and chocolate cake I think I have ever had :drool: ( and I have sampled quite afew in my time!!:wink: :wink:)

Dance Demon
6th-July-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Fran
just to say that we all had a great time last night at the cancer research party at Marcos and I hope it raised a lot of money.well done Lana.

the atmosphere was great - as was the music - thanks DD:cheers: Some Fab tracks to really have fun with and enjoy we all had some lovely dances.

Franx

Ps the cakes were absloutly fantastic - the best carrot and chocolate cake I think I have ever had :drool: ( and I have sampled quite afew in my time!!:wink: :wink:)

Thanx Fran. Yep there really was a great atmosphere, and I think everyone had a good time. Feedback about the music has all been good so far, so I'm pleased, as I don't often get the chance to DJ a modern jive night, :wink: and looking forward to doing it again soon. Saw you and Bill up puting the musical interpretation workshop stuff to good use a few times:waycool:

Oh, and I have mentioned Fiona's cakes before....they are absolutely scrumptious, are they not?:drool: :drool: :yum:

Bill
6th-July-2003, 07:06 PM
Just to echo Fran's comments about the night. although we were all a bit worried no-one would 'pay' for us it all worked out well and big John ( can't really call you that now can I !!) the music was superb.

Don't think I've asked about so many tracks in one night before. An amazing collection and mix and I'm about to go on to Amazon to see if I can order a few of them !

All the best Lana and hope you made loads for the trip.

Chicklet
7th-July-2003, 08:47 AM
Completely agree with all of the above

Wasn't it fantastic???Have taken some great memories (in no particular order)

Brady had the biggest grin on his face every time I caught sight of him! (crashing and burning at Wimbledon obviously a distant memory already) Even managed to keep it up during DT for innocent beginners with Norma and I!!!!

So glad I finally got to say hello to Fran!! that was top of my list of things I MUST do!.

Experienced a few lovely :devil: new moves with MR BTC, even if he was VERY rude to me er "in Haarlem":wink:

Blue34 was doing what Blue34 does best and no I don't really think THAT would have raised very much money!!!

TT good to see YOU with a smile on your face after what must have been a few frantic weeks getting set up!!

First time I've seen a BluesSisters routine and loved that too, the mix of facial expressions on the girls was quite something!! When we getting a Glasgow branch???

Big "wee" John, what can I say you horror!!!I had 4 outfits and only managed to tear myself away to change once!!!!Really great set, and pretty please may I have a copy of notSam Cooke????

Another thought - who are you hiring to bounce the next Route 66 night to start turning them away when it gets full???Norma and I were playing at beach outfits yesterday in preparation!!!
Prepare to get leied boys!!!NB saw MrsDemon was out in her red Demon outfit again!!!Hot or what???

and finally, CJ, CJ, CJ - what can I say?? It was as quick as you always suggested it would be but I have to say I was most disappointed that I didn't feel a thing till I noticed the damp patch.
Coming at me from behind like that was MOST unsportsmanlike but it didn't hurt, didn't even touch the sides now that I think about it - but you could at least have offered to help clean up a bit!!!! :kiss::rofl:

big :hug: for TT too, just seen how much you made!!! Same again in Glasgow????!!!!

Cxx

Emma
7th-July-2003, 08:57 AM
as was the music - thanks DD DD, are you going to post the playlist? :)

Graham
7th-July-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet
Prepare to get leied boys!!! Getting leied needs preparation? :confused:

Emma
7th-July-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Graham
Getting leied needs preparation? :confused: 'course it does, Graham, threading all them flowers on strings takes time, you know. :grin:

Stuart M
7th-July-2003, 09:19 AM
Thanks Lena for a great night and DD for the great music.

I have a wee confession to make - Mairi gave me a freebie late on, but I'll get the pound to you at some point. Are you going to publish as to which private hire dancer earned you the most money Lena? :really:

And Brady definitely has a future as a teacher if he could turn that blush off somehow...:D

Bill
7th-July-2003, 09:35 AM
Completely agree with all of the above

Experienced a few lovely :devil: new moves with MR BTC, even if he was VERY rude to me er "in Haarlem":wink:

:sorry
I'd almost forgotten that she said that .............shoudl really learn not to sing along with songs ! MIght get me into trouble :innocent: :D

and finally, CJ, CJ, CJ - what can I say?? It was as quick as you always suggested it would be but I have to say I was most disappointed that I didn't feel a thing till I noticed the damp patch.
Coming at me from behind like that was MOST unsportsmanlike but it didn't hurt, didn't even touch the sides now that I think about it - but you could at least have offered to help clean up a bit!!!! :kiss::rofl:

Cxx

:eek: :confused:

Graham
7th-July-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Emma
'course it does, Graham, threading all them flowers on strings takes time, you know. :grin: I know leieing someone else needs preparation: I didn't know being on the receiving end did :wink:

PS Bill - don't encourage her!

Chicklet
7th-July-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Bill
:eek: :confused:

CJ will have to come on and explain himself I think, I couldn't possibly comment any further other than to warn other dancers to keep their backs to the wall when he's about!!!!

Hell of a mess.

RE singing, PLEASE keep doing it, at least if I'm about, :D, I like it as a way to tell if people are getting into the music and REALLY listening to it. The only reason I wasn't doing it much was because my head decided it was listening to the percussion tracks on everything on Saturday night (!??? usually it's piano that stands out in my head but not this time!!)

A fair number of tracks were sporting the groovy newyorklatiny baion (sp??) back beat, (think the Jarmels Little Bit of Soap) that I adore which just goes to prove, as if we didn't know already, that DD and I are pretty much on the same paragraph of the same page when it comes grooves!!!

I was laughing when you said "that bit" cos I wasn't entirely sure before that you remembered who I was but then I figured if you were doing that and laughing about it, you probably did remember!!!

If I am singing I tryand do it really really quietly cos I'm shocking awful, so if anyone ever gets a really bad earful, please feel free to tell me to stop!!!

C

Grant
7th-July-2003, 10:12 AM
CJ will have to come on and explain himself I think, I couldn't possibly comment any further other than to warn other dancers to keep their backs to the wall when he's about!!!!
C
and don't lay on the floor playing dead cos from what i saw cj is very confused about the correct position for giving mouth to mouth :devil:

Grant

Dreadful Scathe
7th-July-2003, 10:16 AM
so if anyone ever gets a really bad earful, please feel free to tell me to stop!!!

er..stop! ;)

:D

Chicklet
7th-July-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
er..stop! ;)

:D

:eek: this is a screenful, not an earful, it's COMPLETELY different:D

CJ
7th-July-2003, 11:52 AM
:innocent:

Fran
7th-July-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
:innocent:

Aha ..... - as if petal!!!!!!!!
and to think you look like butter would'nt melt in your mouth:nice:

you will have to be careful where you do your creaming next time CJ:wink:

xx

Brady
7th-July-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Stuart M
Thanks Lena for a great night and DD for the great music.

And Brady definitely has a future as a teacher if he could turn that blush off somehow...:D

Just wanted to echo everybodys comments about Lana's charity dance. What a fab night it was!!! That party is 110% why I dance; because I enjoy it, it is fun, and what better reason than for charity!!!!!!!!!!! To know that every last penny that we all paid for the evening is going to charity is a wonderful feeling. :grin:

As for the class/teaching, just a quick thanks to everyone for not heckling me too much! And hope you all had a laugh as well. Don't worry though, I won't give up my day job!!!! :really: Keep your ears tuned though, as I'm thinking of starting up some classes/workshops in various styles (WCS, Cha Cha, etc.) if I get enough interest in the new year.

Cheers,

Brady

CJ
7th-July-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Grant
and don't lay on the floor playing dead cos from what i saw cj is very confused about the correct position for giving mouth to mouth :devil:

Grant

Ah, now I see. I always thought it was head to head!! Doh.

Well, I did always promise to whip a certain ass into shape, but without Fran's all important accessories, I just had to whipped-cream her ass, instead.:D :D :D :D :D :D

And anyway, the damp patch is ALWAYS the ladies' responsibility. ALWAYS.

I'm just glad the infamous "Readitmobile" wasn't there.

Fran: FYI: butter wouldn't melt......:innocent:

Whipped cream tho.....:devil:

Grant
7th-July-2003, 02:24 PM
Ah, now I see. I always thought it was head to head!! Doh.

Well, I did always promise to whip a certain ass into shape, but without Fran's all important accessories, I just had to whipped-cream her ass, instead.:D :D :D :D :D :D

And anyway, the damp patch is ALWAYS the ladies' responsibility. ALWAYS.

I'm just glad the infamous "Readitmobile" wasn't there.

Fran: FYI: butter wouldn't melt......:innocent:

Whipped cream tho.....:devil:
i think that must have been another incident - the one i saw didn't involve chicklet

Grant

CJ
7th-July-2003, 02:31 PM
I was referring to 2 incidents... one invloving our favourite, albeit not as old as she looks due to a particularly hard life, bird and the other involving Chickie.:wink:

Grant
7th-July-2003, 02:47 PM
I was referring to 2 incidents... one invloving our favourite, albeit not as old as she looks due to a particularly hard life, bird and the other involving Chickie.:wink:
to insult all the women one by one...

why don't you just insult them all at once and get it over with :wink:

Grant

CJ
7th-July-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Grant
why don't you just insult them all at once and get it over with :wink:

Grant

Then John S would charge to their rescue and accuse me of sexism.

In saying that, it's probably just as well cos the weaker sense wouldn't be able to put forward a cogent, well-developed argument in a rational way where as John, being male, could.

Chicklet
7th-July-2003, 03:13 PM
Then John S would charge to their rescue .

and then John S would be showered in lovely girls offering dances all night every night till the end of time - so who would have performed the most cunning stunt here?

Grant
7th-July-2003, 03:14 PM
well, i think that should do it!

Grant

Bill
7th-July-2003, 03:15 PM
and then John S would be showered in lovely girls offering dances all night every night till the end of time - so who would have performed the most cunning stunt here?

well if John isn't here at the moment I'll happily defend all of you :D :wink: :innocent:

Cj.........just you keep offending all the girls............:wink:

CJ
7th-July-2003, 03:18 PM
and then John S would be showered in lovely girls offering dances all night every night till the end of time

Situation normal, one feels...

Grant
7th-July-2003, 03:18 PM
john s for paying cj to set him up?

Grant
PS. bill you already get this, you don't need to join in

Fran
7th-July-2003, 03:51 PM

In saying that, it's probably just as well cos the weaker sense wouldn't be able to put forward a cogent, well-developed argument in a rational way where as John, being male, could.

And I always thought that you were such a sensitive, equal kind of a guy CJ.:tears: :tears:

x

CJ
7th-July-2003, 03:55 PM
And I always thought that you were such a sensitive, equal kind of a guy CJ.:tears: :tears:

x

GOD, NO!!

Have been told many times I have no equal.:wink:

Not entirely convinced that's wholly complimentary, but I'll take it...

Dance Demon
7th-July-2003, 04:22 PM
DD, are you going to post the playlist? :)

Weeellll...................I had intended keeping a note of all that I played so that I could post it, but I got so engrossed in what I was doing I forgot:sorry ..I was also suffering more than just a bit with a flu virus, and didn't actually feel too clever..........however I will have a wee recap and will try to post most of what I played...give or take the odd track.....bear with me:D

Twinkle Toes
7th-July-2003, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chicklet

It's ok Chickie, I witnessed the whole thing. And you're right, he did make a hell of a mess.

Now CJ, I told you that cream was for the chocolate cake. You only squished it on Chickies bottom in the hope you would get to lick it off ..... you :devil:

.... just as a matter of interest, how much did you charge her for that ?

TT x :hug:

Dance Demon
7th-July-2003, 09:41 PM
Okie dokie,
I've had a rake through the CD boxes, and this is what I played, as far as I can remember....in no particular order:D

Get down Saturday night.........Oliver Cheatham
Sex Bomb.........Tom Jones
On est ensemble se parler L.O.V.E......United Future organisation
I don't want to (Frankie Knuckles Mix.........Tony Braxton
Ain't No Man..........Dina Carroll
Angel...........Lionel richie
Watermelon Man..........Mongo Santamaria
Lazing on a Sunday afternoon...........Kinks
S.O.S. ( stop her on sight) .............Edwin Starr
I Like It Like That........Tito Nieves
Secret Love .........George Michael
Sing Hallelujah............Dr Alban
Cuemtame..Unknown
Cry To Me.......Solomon Burke....(for Chickie)
Start Up.............Jools Holland
Groove is in the heart.......Deee Lite
Teardrops......Womack & Womack...(Brady's demo)
First, Last Everything.......Barry White(R.I.P. big guy)
Last Night..........Chris Anderson &DJ Robbie
How sweet it is(to be loved by you)........Jnr walker & the allstars
You're a superstar........love inc
Life......Desree
I'm outa love........anastacia
I'll walk away...James Hunter(not Sam Cooke)
Le Freak..Chic
Good Life (Buena Vida) .....Inner City
So Hot.........Touch & Go
Good rockin' Tonight......solomon Burke
Teardrops from my eyes...........Jools Holland & George Benson
Gyp The cat....Bobby Darin
Have you met miss Jones.............Robbie Williams
Puttin' on the step..........Kenny G
Walk Between the Raindrops........Donald Fagen
On Revival day.....Laverne Baker
Alittle Lovin will see you through......James Hunter
alittle Late Night Swing.........Casey McGill
all you ever do is bring me down.....Mavericks
Rock Me...blind Boys of Alabama
Don't go(80s Disco Mix)...........Yazoo
I wish I didn't love you.....Angie Stone
Famous Instigator......Garry Glitter
Hooked On Young stuff....Nino Tempo
In These Shoes.........Kirsty McColl
Let's Get Loud...J Lo
She Felt too good......big Joe Louis
Good Morning little Schoolgirl.......Paul Rogers(for CJ)
Long Train Running.....Doobie Bros
Ice Cream man.....Screamin' jay Hawkins
Shake a Tail Feather..........Blues Bros.
|This Will Be..........Natalie Cole
La Ruinas En Mi miente...............Soroya
Happy Birthday to you...Stevie Wonder(for Niels Birthday)
Three Little Chickens.........the Four Tunes........as above
Don't be angry....Nappy Brown
A Nightingale sang in berkeley Square.........Bobby Darin
Oh Baby.....Bill Wymans Rythm Kings
Wade in the water.........Ramsay Lewis
It's raining men.......Geri Halliwell
Musak.........Frisco
Oh Lori........Alessi
Tango in harlem.........Touch & Go
Two tracks for CJ.....one by Billy Fury, and the other I can't remember........
Packing up track........Silencio.....Ibrahim Ferrer

and that's as much as I remember. This wasn't the order that they were played in. I was going to play Kylie, (Honest) but the Staff at Marco's put the lights on coz I had overrun my time

:innocent: Loads of stuff that i had intended to play but just ran out of time:tears: ach well....more at the next one:D

Emma
8th-July-2003, 04:40 PM
Cor, that's quite a set....:waycool:

A different version of 'Wade in the Water' to Eva Cassidy's sounds interesting...wassitlike?? (Cos, obviously you're gonna tell me it's rubbish, eh?)

Dance Demon
8th-July-2003, 04:55 PM
Cor, that's quite a set....:waycool:

A different version of 'Wade in the Water' to Eva Cassidy's sounds interesting...wassitlike?? (Cos, obviously you're gonna tell me it's rubbish, eh?)

Ta Emma.......I'm sure I've missed a couple out....in fact I just remember that I also played Liberty X a little bit more........The Ramsay Lewis version of Wade In The water, is an instrumental and is faster and jazzier than the Eva C version. I often use this or Ramsey's version of the In crowd at the end of the night, coz you can talk over bits of it to say goodnight etc before playing the last track:D ..........There's loads of other stuff that Ididn't get around to playing, so will just have to keep it up my sleeve 'till the next one in glasgow:wink:

Dance Demon
8th-July-2003, 06:32 PM
See !!!!...........I was reading Frans post in the lets talk about dance section..and remembered that I also played "Shaggin' the night away" by the showmen.............having too many "senior moments" these days.................:D

Bill
9th-July-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
See !!!!...........I was reading Frans post in the lets talk about dance section..and remembered that I also played "Shaggin' the night away" by the showmenD

Yes, I remember............and there was I happily singing along to it when I relasied what I was saying to my dance partner ( different words to those I was singing to Chicklet !).

The I remembered that it wasn't a rude song but simply referring to the dance rather than any other form of physical activity :na: :rolleyes:

Fran
9th-July-2003, 02:45 PM
Yes, I remember............and there was I happily singing along to it when I relasied what I was saying to my dance partner ( different words to those I was singing to Chicklet !).

The I remembered that it wasn't a rude song but simply referring to the dance rather than any other form of physical activity :na: :rolleyes:

No wonder chicklet enjoyed it:wink: :nice:

ahh well, your more sofisticated than me, I just thought it was about shagging. :what:
I did promise not to tell his mum though.:wink:

franx

Chicklet
9th-July-2003, 02:55 PM
before this one gets me into trouble (nice touch with the mother threat Fran!!!!)

DD fancy digging out the Showmen's It Will Stand, also perfect for shaggin, per the movie eh???

BlueThreeFour
9th-July-2003, 03:57 PM
Loads of stuff that i had intended to play but just ran out of time:tears: ach well....more at the next one:D [/B][/QUOTE]

When will the next one be DD? I had a superb night. My feet and legs ached the next day. (Although, some of this was probably due to dancing with Chicklet)

Lana's idea of people paying to dance with the good dancers was a superb idea. I had some great dances with dancers that I don't normally approach.

I want to thank everyone who participated in making it a great evening and hope that the next night , whenever that is, is just as big a success.:cheers:

Bill
9th-July-2003, 04:05 PM
I just thought it was about shagging. :what:

franx

:eek: :what: :sorry

Lindsay
9th-July-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Okie dokie,
I've had a rake through the CD boxes, and this is what I played, as far as I can remember....in no particular order:D
and that's as much as I remember. This wasn't the order that they were played in. I was going to play Kylie

Haven't you got a job to go to Dance Demon??

Hey I hear Ceroc Jock is leaving Tuesdays :tears: :tears: ... u should apply....:really:

Fran
9th-July-2003, 05:44 PM

di'dnt mean to be course about the shagging bit, :sorry :nice: was just being honest. anyway its kind of a nice word, a bit like "bonking". I mean, you can say that to your granny. :wink: or there is simply "rock and roll" I suppose.

franx

Fran
9th-July-2003, 05:54 PM
before this one gets me into trouble (nice touch with the mother threat Fran!!!!)

there are some things I guess mums should never know.
:wink: :devil:
some one remind me of that when my 2 children are teenagers:sick:

nice to met you on saturday Chicklet.
fran:nice:

Gadget
9th-July-2003, 06:55 PM
I think you need this smilie...:wink:

Bill
10th-July-2003, 11:32 AM
di'dnt mean to be course about the shagging bit, :sorry :nice: was just being honest. anyway its kind of a nice word, a bit like "bonking". I mean, you can say that to your granny. :wink: or there is simply "rock and roll" I suppose.

franx

a nice word you can use in front of your granny!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

My granny never did that kind of thing...............and I'd have never suggested I did either :innocent: .........we were/are a very nice clean living family ;) ............honest

Fran
10th-July-2003, 01:53 PM
a nice word you can use in front of your granny!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

My granny never did that kind of thing...............and I'd have never suggested I did either :innocent: .........we were/are a very nice clean living family ;) ............honest

oh:tears: damm.

I will just have to corrupt you then :devil: :devil:

mind you, what one suggests and what one actually does can be two different things:wink: :yum:

franxx

Dreadful Scathe
10th-July-2003, 01:59 PM
I will just have to corrupt you then :devil: :devil:
mind you, what one suggests and what one actually does can be two different things:wink: :yum:

You're really quiet in real life Fran, what they type really says a lot about peoples REAL personalitys doesn't it :D :D

Someone please tell me Im more interesting due to what Ive typed in this forum - Id hate to think Id wasted my time :D

Chicklet
10th-July-2003, 02:11 PM
absolutely - and you'd be even more interesting if you'd damn well show up at something I'm at so we can increase our dance quote from TWO!!!!!! :rofl:

Fran
10th-July-2003, 02:12 PM
You're really quiet in real life Fran, what they type really says a lot about peoples REAL personalitys doesn't it :D :D

Someone please tell me Im more interesting due to what Ive typed in this forum - Id hate to think Id wasted my time :D

Your very very interseting DS!!!!:nice: :nice:

and you can also be very funny. :nice:

as as to me being quiet in real life I guess we are all a combination of different personalities.:devil: :innocent:

x

Bill
10th-July-2003, 02:16 PM
Your very very interseting DS!!!!:nice: :nice:

and you can also be very funny. :nice:

x

yeh........hysterical.............we've seen you dance !!!!!!!!!:D :rofl: :sick:

Dreadful Scathe
10th-July-2003, 04:30 PM
yeh........hysterical.............we've seen you dance !!!!!!!!!:D :rofl: :sick:

I do try, really i do. I always thought people were laughing WITH me :what:

Originally posted by Chickie

absolutely - and you'd be even more interesting if you'd damn well show up at something I'm at so we can increase our dance quote from TWO

Glasgow Party on Saturday. Ill be the one looking dejected from my dance ability review courtesy of BTC Bill :). Who else is going ?

TheTramp
10th-July-2003, 04:51 PM
Glasgow Party on Saturday. Ill be the one looking dejected from my dance ability review courtesy of BTC Bill :). Who else is going ? ME! :D

Steve

Bill
10th-July-2003, 04:54 PM

Glasgow Party on Saturday. Ill be the one looking dejected from my dance ability review courtesy of BTC Bill :). Who else is going ?

ach....................... you know from the number of women desperate to have a dance with you that I do but jest :na:

Maybe try and have a dance at the next Glasgow party :wink: and then I can be led by the lovely Fi and see who leads best :D

Gadget
10th-July-2003, 04:56 PM
That mean you're DJing this coming Tuesday in Aberdeen? - Last week was one of the poorest set's I've danced to. {sorry Kat, if you're listening, but it was :sorry}

Dreadful Scathe
10th-July-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
ME! :D

You'll probably have a tan or something - how will we recognise you ? :)

TheTramp
10th-July-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
That mean you're DJing this coming Tuesday in Aberdeen? - Last week was one of the poorest set's I've danced to. {sorry Kat, if you're listening, but it was :sorry} If you were talking to me, then yes, I'll be DJing this coming Tuesday in Aberdeen.

Don't be too harsh on anyone who is willing to get up and DJ though. It's a thankless task (no matter what you play, someone will hate it - and I've also had one of those experiences that someone detailed in a previous thread where someone in complaining that you're not playing enough modern stuff and too much swing, at the same time that someone is complaining that you're playing too much modern stuff, and not enough swing).

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Glasgow (Saturday), Dundee (Monday & Wednesday), Perth (Thursday) and Aberdeen (Tuesday). Someone is really going to have to come up with somewhere for me to dance on Fridays!! :rofl:

Steve

TheTramp
10th-July-2003, 05:05 PM
You'll probably have a tan or something - how will we recognise you ? :) I'm the fat, bald, ugly one who can't dance. Shouldn't be a problem!

Steve

Fran
10th-July-2003, 05:08 PM
I'm the fat, bald, ugly one who can't dance. Shouldn't be a problem!

Steve

but do you have a sun tan? :kiss:

have fun on saturday, we should be in sunny Rodes by then.:nice: :nice:

fran

TheTramp
10th-July-2003, 05:09 PM
but do you have a sun tan? :kiss:

have fun on saturday, we should be in sunny Rodes by then.:nice: :nice:

fran Not really. I just usually tend to go pink, then peel.

Have a great time in Rhodes.... Look forward to seeing you both when you get back. :hug:

Steve

Twinkle Toes
10th-July-2003, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheTramp
Looking forward to seeing everyone in Glasgow (Saturday), Dundee (Monday & Wednesday), Perth (Thursday) and Aberdeen (Tuesday). Someone is really going to have to come up with somewhere for me to dance on Fridays!! :rofl: Steve

Well Steve,
you're in luck for next Friday, as Route 66 is on at Westfield Halls, in Edinburgh. Hope to see you there.
:cheers:
TT x

Gadget
10th-July-2003, 08:36 PM
If you were talking to me, then yes, I'll be DJing this coming Tuesday in Aberdeen.
Don't be too harsh on anyone who is willing to get up and DJ though.
Yes, I was directing the question to your good self.
Kat has been filling in since Curtain defected {:grin:} and the music has been not too bad - just Tuesday it seemed too "broken" if you know what I mean - lots of mediokre tracks that just didn't gell very well.

(not like it stoped me dancing like :D :D)

Dreadful Scathe
10th-July-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Gadget

Kat has been filling in since Curtain

whose Kat and does she have a twin called Kit...assuming its a she ! :confused:

TheTramp
10th-July-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheTramp
Looking forward to seeing everyone in Glasgow (Saturday), Dundee (Monday & Wednesday), Perth (Thursday) and Aberdeen (Tuesday). Someone is really going to have to come up with somewhere for me to dance on Fridays!! :rofl: Steve

Well Steve,
you're in luck for next Friday, as Route 66 is on at Westfield Halls, in Edinburgh. Hope to see you there.
TT x Ah yes. I did momentarily let this slip my mind.

I will indeed be at the Route66 thing. But there is still the other 2 Fridays each month to fill (there is a Dundee party on one Friday I believe, and we're not even going to the months where there's 5 Fridays!!).

Steve

Chicklet
11th-July-2003, 07:35 AM
we need a Friday night ten pin league, obviously.

Think of it as cross training - but there are loads of similarities

what you have in your hand needs to be treated with care and attention, drop it on your foot and it'll hurt, the skill is in the subtlety of positioning, brute force will only get you so far, special slippy shoes....etc

Twinkle Toes
11th-July-2003, 06:22 PM

I like 10 pin - count me in.

TT x

TheTramp
12th-July-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes

I like 10 pin - count me in.

TT x Yeah. I'll come play too :D

Steve