PDA

View Full Version : Pulse Kidderminster

OXO'S
25th-February-2007, 11:35 AM
What a excellant day and evening this was classes by VAL DAVE, MARC AND RACHAEL superb.
A very well attended venue,with the two rooms for people to choose from.
Once again it was great to share the night with marc again.There was a great atmosphere throughout the night:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: for the people who made it :respect:

Marc Forster
25th-February-2007, 12:40 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed Rocky's Blues room set. It did feel that all three of us played to our strengths with the end result being much greater than the sum of its parts. Rather than competing amongst ourselves, it was more like being part of a relay squad. Smooth hand overs, lycra underwear and a feeling of doing it for the team.

OXO completed the final leg with style. You should be jumping up and down proudly waving your baton in the air. All of Debbie's crew made everyone feel right at home. It sets the tone for making new friends which I feel is the essence of Modern Jive.

Thanks to everyone for a day I will never forget.

Rocky
25th-February-2007, 01:34 PM
What more can I say?! We had a really great night, both of us were under the weather a bit but as soon as the pizza arrived and we had a couple glasses of lubrication we were off with Marc coming out all decks blazing.

It's always a pleasure to teach at one of Deb's venues because the customers all seem so friendly - which I think is a reflection of her and how warm and welcoming her team are.

There was some great music played in the main room but Marc's set was sublime - and thanks so much for offering me the impromptu 30 min slot! Unfortunately we had to leave at witching hour for our 2 and half hour drive back so we missed Oxo's set, but I have tremendous respect for him so I know it must have been a corker (not so sure I want to see him waving his batton around though...)

I think what is encouraging is that the expanding group of Utopia DJ's really are starting to come together as cohesive team. We are starting to understand each other's styles and so when we mix Dj slots we aim to play to our own stregths as well as to shape the set up for the next DJ.

I've always disliked 'gushingly' indulgent, back slapping posts but I just had to publicly announce my respect for both Marc and Oxo's and Debs and her team.

What a great night, and had some wicked dances:devil:

Roll on Storm!

Dai
25th-February-2007, 01:40 PM
Sounds like i missed out on an interesting evening -

Smooth hand overs, lycra underwear, glasses or lubrication, and batons being waved around in the air - and that's just the DJs :really:

MartinHarper
25th-February-2007, 02:05 PM
What is this, the mutual appreciation society?
It was a good event. I had fun. Got some following in. There was some good dancing on show. I was glad to miss the lessons this time round - meant I had more energy for freestyle.

I thought that at times the main room was too slow, given the existence of a slow room for those who wanted that kind of thing, but maybe the DJ was just giving people what they wanted. I was happy with the slow room when I was in there.

fletch
25th-February-2007, 02:11 PM
all seem so friendly - which I think is a reflection of her and how warm and welcoming her team are.

(not so sure I want to see him waving his batton around though...)

Roll on Storm!

:yeah:

Rocky, OXO'S is all talk :na:

did you get any refusals :eek: :wink: :D

Save me a dance at STORM :hug:

Rocky
25th-February-2007, 03:44 PM
:yeah:

Rocky, OXO'S is all talk :na:

And 'baton' so I hear...

did you get any refusals :eek: :wink: :D

Can't think of any - no-one important anyway....:wink:

fletch
25th-February-2007, 06:30 PM
And 'baton' so I hear...

Can't think of any - no-one important anyway....:wink:

:rofl: your sooo funny :rolleyes: not :wink: :na: :hug:

OXO'S
25th-February-2007, 06:47 PM
What more can I say?! We had a really great night, both of us were under the weather a bit but as soon as the pizza arrived and we had a couple glasses of lubrication we were off with Marc coming out all decks blazing.

It's always a pleasure to teach at one of Deb's venues because the customers all seem so friendly - which I think is a reflection of her and how warm and welcoming her team are.

There was some great music played in the main room but Marc's set was sublime - and thanks so much for offering me the impromptu 30 min slot! Unfortunately we had to leave at witching hour for our 2 and half hour drive back so we missed Oxo's set, but I have tremendous respect for him so I know it must have been a corker (not so sure I want to see him waving his batton around though...)

I think what is encouraging is that the expanding group of Utopia DJ's really are starting to come together as cohesive team. We are starting to understand each other's styles and so when we mix Dj slots we aim to play to our own stregths as well as to shape the set up for the next DJ.

I've always disliked 'gushingly' indulgent, back slapping posts but I just had to publicly announce my respect for both Marc and Oxo's and Debs and her team.

Roll on Storm!
Thank you for those very kind comments and i have to say its a absolute pleasure being able to work with you guys Rocky Val, marc and rachael,beleive you me as a fairly newcomer to the dancing scene and djing for just 3years now,i am extremely lucky to work with such genuine people like you four,who are so extremely enthusiastic and so very professional in the way you approach your work.
I really can see this utopia concept going onto greater levels because this is a team that bloody works and wants it to succeed.
To share the djing like we have just seems to flow with ease and the music just goes from strength to strength.
I mist your set rocky as i was djing for a hour in the main room,but marc said it was a superb set.
And to debs and her team for putting this day together simply great.
Those people who missed this dont miss the next one.:clap: :clap: