PDA

View Full Version : Dancing in Spain

rubyred
25th-February-2007, 03:23 AM
Just like to say that if anyone is in the Marbella area of Spain they should check out Ceroc Spain. The people were lovely and the welcoming to my friends and I when we visited last week. They have a class on Mondays and Wednesdays, details are on the website. Would like to thank Phil whom it was lovely to see again, plus thank you to Avril and Steve. The teacher, Santi, is brilliant,and you might pick up some Spanish from him also. :flower:

They are having a Dance Gala on 17th March in Marbella and if anyone is in the area it should be a good evening to attend.

JiveLad
25th-February-2007, 03:55 PM
That is good to hear.

How many people do they get - and what was the music like?

What time do they start/finish? (Not so obvious from the web site).

The reason I'm interested is that I often go to Spain (going in 2 weeks time) - but further round the coast at Murcia, La Manga - and the lack of dancing is about the only downside. Last year, I spotted an ad for MJ - and drove 60 miles to join the class of 12 ex-pats - 4 of whom would not move on and they were all real beginners. I ended up being the demonstrator :really: for the teacher - and there was 1 track of freestyle, all ending at 9pm as Pedro wanted to close the hall. A realo downer - so I'm sure Marbella is a LOT better than that!

Only drawback for me is that it would be a 5 hour drive from La Manga - although it only looks about 2 inches on the map - it's about 300 miles to Marbella.:eek: I'm thinking of ways of combining a trip to Marbella with an dancing and overnight stay.

drathzel
25th-February-2007, 04:33 PM
They are having a Dance Gala on 17th March in Marbella and if anyone is in the area it should be a good evening to attend.

you may just find 2 forumites performing there:blush:

Spain is great to dance in, i have danced in all the venues they have taught in as well as one very hot dance studio on a sunny afternoon. I have taught a few times over there and everyone is sooo lovely and pick up ceroc so well.

Steve just happens to be the father of the forumite Lone Wolf, shows you how small the dance world really is!

rubyred
25th-February-2007, 06:07 PM
That is good to hear.

How many people do they get - and what was the music like?

What time do they start/finish? (Not so obvious from the web site).

Things are very laid back and the teacher will tend to start teaching around 9pm ish, or there abouts. Reminded me very much of being back in Ireland - no one is in a hurry.:cool: It finished around 11.45pm. The venue is a Greek Resturant where the tables are pushed back to allow for the dancing. The clientelle are mainly British. The music was ok and the people were just lovely and welcoming.

you may just find 2 forumites performing there:blush:

Hope it all goes well :flower:

Lindsay
28th-February-2007, 02:56 AM
Excellent....I am going to be there next month, will check it out, thanks :nice:

drathzel
28th-February-2007, 03:01 AM
check out the ceroc spain website (http://www.cerocespana.com/home.htm)

Lindsay
28th-February-2007, 12:53 PM
Thanks Danielle, had a look, and plan to go along with my mum & sister... :cheers: