PDA

View Full Version : Why Geeks are worth it...

Beowulf
23rd-February-2007, 04:12 PM
How very true... (http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/66795671.html)

It's been going around for a while, but it landed in my inbox again, so I thought I'd share it here.

Sums me up to a T that does :)

2.) They’re useful. In this tech-savvy world, it’s great to have a b/f who can make your laptop, desktop, and just about anything else that plugs into a wall behave itself.

erm.. except for perhaps THAT bit.. Computers yes, I can do. Other electrical devices don't like me..

ducasi
23rd-February-2007, 04:17 PM
Does this mean we get to use L’Oréal? :)

Gav
23rd-February-2007, 04:19 PM

Nah, stick with Tesco value anti-dandruff. :D

Beowulf
23rd-February-2007, 04:20 PM

Personally I use L'inüx :wink:

Freudian Hips
23rd-February-2007, 04:21 PM
Excellent ...... how true! :wink:

Although he may not want to go to every outing with you, you can arrange swaps, as in, you’ll go to his Gamer Con dressed as an elf princess if he’ll take you to the ballet.

:yeah: Slightly concerned that my elf princess routine may not be up to scratch. Best go practice :what:

Twirly
23rd-February-2007, 04:46 PM
Excellent ...... how true! :wink:

:yeah: Slightly concerned that my elf princess routine may not be up to scratch. Best go practice :what:

:yeah: :D

I am a little concerned about the Trekky convention that Beo keeps threatening to take me to though :what: Just as well I like Star Trek!

So where's my web page then Beo? :wink:

(no, I'm only joking you don't really have to go and do one...)

baldrick
23rd-February-2007, 06:47 PM
Its worth a look

http://www.devilducky.com/media/57158/

made me smile:D

Gentabout
23rd-February-2007, 07:59 PM
You won’t have to worry much about your geek guy getting his “groove” on with club hotties because, frankly, he’ll be too busy rooting around under his computer wondering where that spare cable went.

Most of that sums me up well, except the above. Maybe not with the club hotties but will try and strut my stuff with anyone who will let me at a ceroc night.

Gent

Tiggerbabe
23rd-February-2007, 08:39 PM
Its worth a look

http://www.devilducky.com/media/57158/

Me too, v v good :rofl:

straycat
24th-February-2007, 12:05 AM

But you know he will :wink:

Jhutch
24th-February-2007, 11:45 AM
Great stuff:D :D :D

Mezzosoprano
24th-February-2007, 11:05 PM
:yeah: :D

I am a little concerned about the Trekky convention that Beo keeps threatening to take me to though :what: Just as well I like Star Trek!

Hey Twirly.. count yourself lucky... my man (who's an engineer so I reckon that counts in the geek category - good grief he even keeps tropical fish!) wouldn't take me to a Trekker convention- eve.. he made me get ride of my Babylon Five Uniform (I had visions of me as a kind of Susan Ivanova.... I was delusional!)

SteveK
26th-February-2007, 11:30 AM
Hey Twirly.. count yourself lucky... my man (who's an engineer so I reckon that counts in the geek category - good grief he even keeps tropical fish!) wouldn't take me to a Trekker convention- eve.. he made me get ride of my Babylon Five Uniform (I had visions of me as a kind of Susan Ivanova.... I was delusional!)

It could be argued that you did something even worse - you stopped him wearing his hi-vis yellow waterproof jacket around town!!! :angry: :tears: :tears:

What's wrong with wearing hi-vis coats - they're lovely and warm and waterproof - very practical for an Inverness winter!

erratic-eric
5th-March-2007, 12:04 PM
Its worth a look

DevilDucky - Dilbert: The Knack (http://www.devilducky.com/media/57158/)

Made you smile, you cruel evil person! It's my life story:eek:

andystyle
9th-March-2007, 03:22 PM
My other half read this, looked at me, went 'Yup!' and wandered into the other room.

Long live the Geek.

Mezzosoprano
9th-March-2007, 11:01 PM
It could be argued that you did something even worse - you stopped him wearing his hi-vis yellow waterproof jacket around town!!! :angry: :tears: :tears:

What's wrong with wearing hi-vis coats - they're lovely and warm and waterproof - very practical for an Inverness winter!

now now Steve! You know I'd never part the Craigster from his hi-vis! The hard hat can be a bit much though..... hope you're doing okay in Brizzy