PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc 'Hafan' Weekend, Pwllheli June 22-25 2007

DianaS
22nd-February-2007, 05:59 PM
I absolutely LOVE Snowdonia so this weekend's a MUST

Who else is up for a tramp in the hills:wink:

Opps moderater can you make this poll public please?

DianaS
22nd-February-2007, 06:12 PM
if you like tramping PM me cas it says

"The resort is situated right on the Welsh coastline, with stunning views of the Snowdonia National Park.

With Teachers Humhrey 'H' Euwin, Marc Forster, Debbie Attwood, Howard and Nicola, Maja Hoddell and more

So being a Welsh girlie myself I fancy going along doing a few classes and bit on dancing, but also spending a day walking in the hills cas I'ts June and BEAUTIFUL, picnic and stuff themn coming back and having a long soak before dancing the evening away....

Romantic or what, Do PM me if you are up for a walk (nothing that will knock up out for the night, just work up an appetite and hopefully give us a good tan (wear shorts, - its June Don't ya know!)

Jhutch
22nd-February-2007, 06:30 PM
Spent many a childhood holiday in the area :waycool: but unfortunately i am probably going to be on a work outing around that time:sad:

DianaS
22nd-February-2007, 06:51 PM
Spent many a childhood holiday in the area :waycool: but unfortunately i am probably going to be on a work outing around that time:sad:

ohh poor you Can't you give them the slip:whistle: I think Cruella's event is on the Saturday in any case I'll miss it:tears: :tears:
but I sure love them hills!:love:

fletch
23rd-February-2007, 07:15 PM
few classes

Romantic or what, Do PM me if you are up for a walk (nothing that will knock up out for the night, just work up an appetite and hopefully give us a good tan (wear shorts, - its June Don't ya know!)

Or what :sick:

lets just think about it, wind, rain, cold, mud........mmmmmm....or what :sick:

I would rather do classes :eek:

DianaS
24th-February-2007, 06:43 PM
Or what :sick:

lets just think about it, wind, rain, cold, mud........mmmmmm....or what :sick:

I would rather do classes :eek:

..or sun, shorts, bikini top hamper of scrummy stuff and gorgeous scenery.

I'd rather go up them hills, come down with the sun on my face and mountain breezer in my hair chill have a few drinks and a meal then go out dancing...

You may chnage your mind when you see the blokes who are coming:waycool:

We'll share (they are both single and fantastic dancers!)

Isadora
24th-February-2007, 07:12 PM
Yes I am looking forward to my:grin: first weekender

fletch
25th-February-2007, 10:45 AM
..or sun, shorts, bikini top hamper of scrummy stuff and gorgeous scenery.

I'd rather go up them hills, come down with the sun on my face and mountain breezer in my hair chill have a few drinks and a meal then go out dancing...

You may chnage your mind when you see the blokes who are coming:waycool:

We'll share (they are both single and fantastic dancers!)

well put like that :grin: I might change my mind :wink:

DianaS
25th-February-2007, 10:22 PM
well put like that :grin: I might change my mind :wink:

Hmmm OXO's coming for a tramp as well.. Not met him yet!!
You'll need sun lotion, and sunglasses!

fletch
7th-April-2007, 09:36 AM
I can confirm that there will be a forum party on the Friday with OXO'S on the decks.:clap:

Mike is laying on some bubbly, and possibly other 'nice to haves' :respect:

I will be co-ordinating it, so if you want to go on the guest list please PM me and I can add you. :cheers:

With the line up of DJ's this looks like it could be a fantastic weekend, and I understand the accommodation is far superior to other weekenders, not that I spend much time in it, but for those of you that do this will be a bonus.:worthy:

I know Crewella has her charity ball running at the same time, sorry Di :flower: but with Southport at the beginning of the month, this could be a good remedy for the 'Southport Blues' and what better way to spend a weekend watching the sun come up dancing out side. :yeah:

:hug:

OXO'S
7th-April-2007, 01:23 PM
Yes looking forward to this and having a get together with forumites at the welcome party mike is laying on. :nice: :nice:

Tiggerbabe
8th-April-2007, 08:37 AM
I'll bring my Tigger ears, so you'll recognise me :D

Minnie M
8th-April-2007, 09:25 AM
........I understand the accommodation is far superior to other weekenders, not that I spend much time in it ..........

FAIR (remember) The accomodation is the same at Bognor which IS much better than Camber & Southport. However,it can be quite a walk from the accomodation to the dance area, so take umbrella etc., (just in case)

Andy McGregor & Trampy can confirm, they has been there too

Tiggerbabe
8th-April-2007, 10:22 AM
so take umbrella etc., (just in case)

Mike's ordered glorious sunshine for the entire weekend :D

Mike Allsopp
9th-April-2007, 03:11 PM

Sure have, and I have connections!! ;)

The Main dance hall and adjoining Restaurant are very close to the Apartments and coastal path/beach. Shops etc are within spitting distance.

The Chill/Blues etc room is probably a 5 min walk away from the Main venue but is close to the Caravans a number of you have taken, so Fletch, far less distance for you to crawl back to your accommodation at 4am.:grin:

I think the weather will make any walking far less daunting, maybe even enjoyable. Just make sure you have a shoe bag or can walk on your hands if your footwear is precious.

Importantly, there is loads of parking on site for us. All caravans gone now, apartments selling well :)

Mike

P.s If anyone does not know 'VJ' the Saturday evening vocalist he was the asian guy on the jury in 'Tracey-loves' trial last week (Tracey Barlow in Corrie for the non-believers)

Twirlie Bird
10th-April-2007, 02:39 AM
I hope the weather isn't great. Mike hold the sunshine. :rolleyes:

Else how am I going to decide between working on the tan and having much needed sleep. :whistle: Although I guess I could just sleep on the beach. :waycool: Ok Mike -bring on the sunshine. :clap: :clap:

Andy McGregor
10th-April-2007, 03:02 AM
Andy McGregor & Trampy can confirm, they has been there tooIt's a fab venue with good accommodation. But, if you're driving from just about anywhere, be prepared for a surprisingly long journey.

Lou
10th-April-2007, 07:12 AM
And if he could generously extend it to the East side of Wales for that weekend too, I'd be grateful. :D

:whistle: I'm getting married on the Sunday. :innocent:

Tiggerbabe
10th-April-2007, 08:03 AM
:whistle: I'm getting married on the Sunday. :innocent: (Colour and size removed, by Tiggerbabe, to help the hard of hearing :wink: )
In that case, I'm sure we can be generous with the sunshine Lou :D
Congratulations, fab news :hug:

Andy McGregor
10th-April-2007, 08:36 AM
I'm getting married on the SundayWho is the lucky girl?:whistle:

:devil:

fletch
11th-April-2007, 12:10 PM
It's a fab venue with good accommodation. But, if you're driving from just about anywhere, be prepared for a surprisingly long journey.

stop been a wooosie :rolleyes:

long drive my **** :na:

Sun, Sea and good company what more could you wan't :waycool:

oh yes and a spot of dancing to :na:

DianaS
12th-April-2007, 08:45 PM
Andy what are you like!!!

fletch
13th-April-2007, 09:50 AM
Andy what are you like!!!

There arn't many weekenders that you don't have to travel far.:tears:

For me Southport is 1 hour but Camber is 5 hours.:rolleyes:

swings and rounderbouts :cheers:

strobie
13th-April-2007, 04:15 PM
... :whistle: I'm getting married on the Sunday. :innocent:
Who is the lucky girl? :whistle: :devil:

Oi! :angry: :wink:

Lou
13th-April-2007, 04:18 PM
Oi! :angry: :wink:
:rofl: Get back to the washing up, wench! :na:

strobie
13th-April-2007, 04:25 PM
:rofl: Get back to the washing up, wench! :na:

:rofl: Shouldn't you be busy winning some bread? :wink:

StokeBloke
13th-April-2007, 05:01 PM
Well long or short drive, I know that Twirlie Bird and I are both really looking forward to our first ever weekender. There's going to be a forum party (speak to Fletch I think she's organising it) and we are hoping to dance with as many of you guys as we can cram into a weekend :flower:

Seems like ages away...... but time's marching on... can't wait :wink:

fletch
13th-April-2007, 05:36 PM
Well long or short drive, I know that Twirlie Bird and I are both really looking forward to our first ever weekender. There's going to be a forum party (speak to Fletch I think she's organising it) and we are hoping to dance with as many of you guys as we can cram into a weekend :flower:

Seems like ages away...... but time's marching on... can't wait :wink:

It is:rolleyes: we have loads of weekenders before this one :clap:

it will be good :clap:

just look at the DJ line up, it was enough to get me to book

Rob Ambridge

Sheena (Tiggerbabe)

OXO'S

John Baker

any one else ??????

ho yes :whistle:

Marc Forster :clap:

:worthy:

DianaS
15th-April-2007, 07:41 PM
It is:rolleyes: we have loads of weekenders before this one :clap:

it will be good :clap:

just look at the DJ line up, it was enough to get me to book

Rob Ambridge

Sheena (Tiggerbabe)

OXO'S

John Baker

any one else ??????

Marc Forster :clap:

:worthy:

OMG that may mean the lovely Rachel will be there too! Rachel PM we if you fancy a walk in them there hills! Have to work on the tans you know:wink:

fletch
15th-April-2007, 11:17 PM
OMG that may mean the lovely Rachel will be there too! Rachel PM we if you fancy a walk in them there hills! Have to work on the tans you know:wink:

lying on a deck chair will be better for the tan, you'll get stripes from staps if your walking..........Rachel don't do it :D

stewart38
30th-April-2007, 11:26 AM
Not sure why this isnt on the 'weekender' map as it looks like a weekender ??

Anyone going ?

--------------------------------------

It'll be Sun, Sea and Ceroc at the fabulous Haven Site at Hafan y Mor nr Pwllheli.
The superior accommodation, the price-included facilities (see below), the beach
and the sunshine will just add to the excellent line up of Teachers, Workshops
and DJ's we're offering!
With prices from just £39 each for 4 singles sharing a superb 6-berth 3-Star Caravan with views of Snowdonia, to the luxury of our Gold sea-view apartments you'll find the accommodation really is a comfortable home-from-home.

We have 2 fab dance venues on site, each will be holding workshops during
the daytime and playing the best freestyle music in the evenings.
The Main hall will have the regular mix of Ceroc music of all genres from
10am til 4am whilst the 'Chill-out' room will be playing a fabulous mix
of Blues, Latin and gentle Swing from 8pm 'til 4am.
Both venues have fully licensed bars until 2am and there is of course, like all other Ceroc weekenders, Free water available to keep you cool and hydrated

---------------------------------------------

Tiggerbabe
30th-April-2007, 11:30 AM

Anyone going ?

me :D :clap:

fletch
30th-April-2007, 11:31 AM

Anyone going ?

--------------------------------------

It'll be Sun, Sea and Ceroc at the fabulous Haven Site at Hafan y Mor nr Pwllheli.
The superior accommodation, the price-included facilities (see below), the beach
and the sunshine will just add to the excellent line up of Teachers, Workshops
and DJ's we're offering!
With prices from just £39 each for 4 singles sharing a superb 6-berth 3-Star Caravan with views of Snowdonia, to the luxury of our Gold sea-view apartments you'll find the accommodation really is a comfortable home-from-home.

We have 2 fab dance venues on site, each will be holding workshops during
the daytime and playing the best freestyle music in the evenings.
The Main hall will have the regular mix of Ceroc music of all genres from
10am til 4am whilst the 'Chill-out' room will be playing a fabulous mix
of Blues, Latin and gentle Swing from 8pm 'til 4am.
Both venues have fully licensed bars until 2am and there is of course, like all other Ceroc weekenders, Free water available to keep you cool and hydrated

---------------------------------------------

that will be the one where i'm doing the forum party then :waycool:

the one with DJ line up

Sheena
OXO'S
Marc Forster
Rob Ambridge
John Backer

this is the one I asked if you were coming to....it has a poll running on it :flower:

so are you coming then :confused: shall I put you on the VIP list :waycool:

fletch
30th-April-2007, 11:35 AM
Its hear

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

S38 can you help with the links I don't know how to do it :blush:

Cruella
30th-April-2007, 11:36 AM
Unfortunately i'll be a bit busy running around like a blue arsed fly, decorating, organising and panicking that weekend! :sick:
There is already a thread about this weekender (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/social-events/11631-ceroc-hafan-weekend-pwllheli-june-22-25-2007-a.html#post366301). Moderator!!

stewart38
30th-April-2007, 11:51 AM
Unfortunately i'll be a bit busy running around like a blue arsed fly, decorating, organising and panicking that weekend! :sick:
There is already a thread about this weekender (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/social-events/11631-ceroc-hafan-weekend-pwllheli-june-22-25-2007-a.html#post366301). Moderator!!

sorry was late to the party :blush:

you cant book as a single man anyway :sad:

fletch
30th-April-2007, 11:54 AM
sorry was late to the party :blush:

you cant book as a single man anyway :sad:

i'll check, :rolleyes:

I bet you can its just not sorted properly :what:

Katie Kicks Ass
1st-May-2007, 11:42 AM
I dunno if I'm going yet. I need to flutter my eyelids at the fella to see if he will pay for me or loan me the money as he is taking all my wages off me for my driving lessons and test.

Tiggerbabe
20th-May-2007, 11:27 AM
So, Fletch, if you're not coming anymore :( who have you left in charge of the forum party?

fletch
21st-May-2007, 02:21 PM
So, Fletch, if you're not coming anymore :( who have you left in charge of the forum party?

i'm coming, I was just been stroppy again :rolleyes: :wink: :D

fletch
27th-May-2007, 07:12 AM
I understand 'H' is teaching :drool:

and Happy 'B' will be domoing :clap:

DianaS
8th-June-2007, 09:56 AM
I understand 'H' is teaching :drool:

and Happy 'B' will be domoing :clap:

Any idea what the weather will be like?? :waycool:

Mythical
17th-June-2007, 03:06 PM

Low pressure will bring an unsettled start with showers, heavy and thundery in places and also some longer spells of rain, consequently limited sunny intervals. The low is likely to move east of the UK by Saturday allowing some dry and sunny intervals to develop although there will still be some showers. On Sunday, or soon after the weekend, southern and eastern parts may become mainly dry with sunny spells, at least for a time. However northwesterly winds look set to bring further rain or showers to northern and western parts and this unsettled weather may spread to remaining areas later. Temperatures typically near normal but rather chilly in the more persistent rain but possibly a little above normal in parts of the south and east later.

Courtesy of the Met Office. :D (You didn't think I had any idea what any of that meant, did you??)

Mini Mac
17th-June-2007, 03:39 PM
Hafan should be really good! Another great holiday with the lovely mini fletcherettes Joe and Maddi:respect: ! Hopefully we shall have a great time. :worthy: Is it forum t shirt time again? Im getting one now yay!:clap: See you all there!

Love Mini Mac xx:flower:

fletch
18th-June-2007, 12:30 AM

potential hurricane brewing.:(

likely hood things reaming settled unlucky,:really: due to undercurrents.:mad:

out look stormy :devil:

Hafan should be really good! Another great holiday with the lovely mini fletcherettes Joe and Maddi:respect: ! Hopefully we shall have a great time. :worthy: Is it forum t shirt time again? Im getting one now yay!:clap: See you all there!

Love Mini Mac xx:flower:

looks like I will end up at the printers :rolleyes: but think it will just be the mini,mini's doing the 'Fletcherett's' :D

vest top size 8/10 red OK :confused:

Happy B
18th-June-2007, 12:51 AM
5 Sleeps to go!

B

:grin: :grin: :grin:

fletch
18th-June-2007, 12:53 AM
5 Sleeps to go!

B

:grin: :grin: :grin:

good point :rolleyes:

night night everyone :flower:

Fruity Oranges
18th-June-2007, 08:34 PM
We'll be there.
:grin:

Gutted about missing Cruella's bash though!
:tears:

Tiggerbabe
18th-June-2007, 08:46 PM
I'll be in Inverness on Thursday and then Pwlhelli on Friday, so a wee bit of a trek :D Looking forward to meeting you all at the forum reception, no tigger t-shirt, but I'll have my hat :D

StokeBloke
18th-June-2007, 11:37 PM
:tears:
It's not too late... and it is for MacMillan nurses!! Come dance with us Paula :flower:

I'm sure like most weekenders there's a huge stack of people queing up to buy last minute spare tickets! Hafan is only a tiny weekender so it must be sold out by now; right? You may even make a small profit :wink:

Northants Girly
20th-June-2007, 11:49 AM
We'll be there.
:grin:

:tears:Paula!

I''ve been trying to reply to your PM but I get a message saying that you have set up your account to not receive PMs! :rolleyes:

Lory
25th-June-2007, 04:02 PM
I hope you all had a good time and better weather than we did in London yesterday :sick:

Anyone care to post a review? :flower:

stewart38
25th-June-2007, 04:14 PM
I hope you all had a good time and better weather than we did in London yesterday :sick:

Give them another day , you know how far away that place was :wink:

DianaS
25th-June-2007, 07:04 PM

Hi Lory!
Shall I go first?

Setting
The scenery was magnificent we drove through mountain passes it was awsome. The holiday site was situated on a beautiful bay (cardigan bay I believe) and when the sun shone (And it did), you could see Cricketh Castle - it was quite stunning. Turner had painted it and I could so see the reason why. The country side was both evocative and powerful.

The site
Uhhm was full of non dancers, doggies and children! A culture shock for those of us who have only ever seen a site with dancers in it and a stark contrast to the scenery.
Ed and Andy had a chalet oppostite a family with two children and a dog. They braved it out and were pleasantly surprised. We were upgraded due to an administrative error that would other wise have had five people the opposite ends of the site passing the mustard - very annoying as I had booked personally for all of us.

The rooms were excellent, clean and hospitable. Very comfortable well kitted out with proper size mugs etc and by all other holiday standards plush. I was very impressed.

The decision was made to focus on one room not two and it worked reasonably well. The atmoshere of the blues room was missing but with the number of people there it wouldn't have been feasible to have two rooms. I enjoyed a range of music and had some excellent dances. The people were friendly and the standard from beginners (I've only danced three months will you dance with me?) to OMG I've asked you to dance and I'm going to have to focus totally on you now - you are excellent, fun challenging and where have you been dancing????

I found the floor sticky my shoes felt as though I had been in water but a good suppply of talc with the DJ's. The atmosphere was very relaxed and informal, I found my self in conversations with people that I had never even talked with before (danced but not talked) there was a gentle chilled tone to the weekend no stress, (once I had our rooms sorted!) and no mania...
I danced until 5 and never felt like going in. This contrasts to the last weekender where I went to bed at 2 cas I couldn't be arsed

I was challenged by the dancers using different forms and being very experimental, there was loads of floor room and we used it. I found the time to ask questions and indulged in conversations. I fell deeper into the aura of MJ than I have been for years..

I will say the organisation was pants - sorry Mike but it has to be said. No one in our party had an itinery for the classes and two of our party were demo-ing! I had the feeling that crew worked really hard to bring it all together, but with better preperation is would have been smoother.
Sometimes you just go with it though and crew really worked together and I felt for the first time that there was spirit of something that may bring the dancing in my area back to life.

Would I go again? I dont know. The scenery invites me but walking and dancing don't mix. I'd go a couple of days before do some walking then join the dancers cas with the best will in the world when you've been up all night you sleep in the day. I thought it was a good location for famillies who are dancers the children could integrate quite easily into the general muddle of holiday makers and the adults could dip in and out of classes during the day and enjoy the freestyle in the evening.

The context is quite powerful, the teachers were top notch but concept didn't quite come together at times. If i was to be bold I'd re-market it as a familly weekender with dance lessons and put some on for the children hip hop and fun stuff, that way it would have a unique selling point to the other Ceroc weekenders and make the most of the sites excellent familly facilities.

We missed the forumite party (that's now become a tradition) but met and spent time with a crowd of people that I genuinely enjoyed being with.

Would I go again? I think the format needs some work, the format that would suit that site (famillies) wouldn't suit me, so I'll reserve judgement and see how its marketed for next year and what the forma is likely to be.

Mythical
25th-June-2007, 11:44 PM
To be honest I don't know what to put about it. I heard lots of people saying there weren't enough men, it was disorganised, it was too quiet, and loads of other complaints about it. I think maybe I missed something.

As far as I'm concerned, it was a nice, chilled weekender. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. The format suited me fine - I went off and did a couple of workshops, went swimming to soak my feet, and let them recover in time for the evening's dancing, played arcade games, ate loads of sweets, and just generally chilled out and enjoyed myself.
I quite enjoyed the fact that there were muggle families about, too - I got to feel like a diva everytime the haven staff asked "are you with the dance group?" (yes I am.... now go make sure my water comes in glass, not plastic, and there are hyacinths and bannanas in my dressing room, wench. :D - yeah, ok.....small minds.) At the very worst, it wasn't a problem. Having kids in the venue in the evening added to the chilled out feel of the weekend, too.

High points?
El Tango de Roxanne - I've forgotten who I was watching dance to that already, but I'm sure someone can enlighten me! It looked lovely!
The Jive Aces.....obviously
realising

Next year? It's a probably for me.

Tiggerbabe
25th-June-2007, 11:46 PM
I'll agree with Diana, the scenery was amazing, I'd driven for hours through torrential rain, but crossed into beautiful sunshine at the Welsh border and really enjoyed my journey from there to the site. Tom Tom got me right to the door, with absolutely no problems (and also took me past a Tesco with champagne on special offer, so :respect: )

Smooth check in and excellent directions to my chalet from Chris :D
Our apartment was fab, much better than some others I've been in, and we were in a block with other dancers so no complaints there.

I had a great weekend :D I didn't have one bad dance :D and I finally got to dance with Mas :hug: twice!

I was never bounced, tugged or yanked, not once :worthy: There were some amazing leads there, and I got asked to dance more often than I asked............
Fabby doo music from Marc, Oxos, John Baker (Rachel too, although this is from an independant source, as I was fast asleep at the time :blush: ) and also Dave Lomas, whom I'd never met/heard before.

The one room worked really well, in fact I think it was a positive thing, as many of the newer dancers were able to enjoy the changing mood of the music without being intimidated by the "blues room". One of the highlights for me was seeing them grow in confidence over the weekend and seeing them still on the dancefloor at 4am on Monday morning :)

I only saw a couple of the workshops but great feedback from the attendees, they especially loved Debbie's Tango classes and I had a blast trying to learn to lead/move/be stylish like H (it's just not gonna happen :tears: )
Marc and Rachel were brilliant as ever, and I enjoyed dj-ing for Howard and Nicola on Sunday morning (sitting on a chair pressing buttons was as about as energetic as I was gonna be after a couple of hours sleep :wink: )
Richard taught a brill beginners class on Saturday too :hug:

Huge thanks to Barmpot for cooking breakfast for everyone at the APP on Saturday night/Sunday morning......... what a star!

The pub food on Sunday afternoon was brill and that pint of cider was just the thing to help me catch up on some sleep early Sunday evening :blush:

Awesome music last night :respect:

I'm sure I've missed loads, still jetlagged :whistle:

Oh, but I got new shoes :clap:

Mythical
26th-June-2007, 12:29 AM
*ahem* Stupid computer, I wasn't finished! (i hate PCs. )

The teachers were fab! Some of them I already knew were fab...some I didn't. All were really helpful. and I learned alot in the classes - even though some were a bit...err...giddy in teaching the moves - fun trying to learn them, though!:D . I'd have like to have seen more of them stick around for freestyle, though - having said that - I'd rather a good class than spend all night watching a teacher freestyle. I DID notice one teacher who was up all night, then on stage bright and early in the morning with a big smile and no hint of tiredness!:clap: It's a shame there weren't more people doing the classes, though - one had 4 couples in the rotation and 5 ladies on:sick:

The DJs....Actually, I only just realised that what kind of a difference a good DJ makes. I noticed I didn't spend any time over the weekend thinking "gods, the music tonight is rubbish!" Sunday was great - between everyone that DJ'd later on, it was so smooth that I barely realised the music had slowed down between the Jive aces 'mack the knife' and the last few tracks in the early hours of the morning! I suddenly realised at daft o'clock that it had gone all slow!:what:

Tiggerbabe
26th-June-2007, 07:29 AM
I'd have like to have seen more of them stick around for freestyle, though
There was only one teacher that I didn't see at the freestyle and they had been unwell over the weekend :hug:
A good few of them that just weren't going to bed, H & Becky, Marc & Rachel, Debbie, all were there right to the end :D
Some people have to leave on the Sunday, as they're working on Monday (dancers and teachers :tears: )

one had 4 couples in the rotation and 5 ladies on:sick: If this is the one I'm thinking of, it was a dips and drops workshop, you will always have a greater number of people not joining in the rotation.

Tiggerbabe
26th-June-2007, 07:34 AM
Next year? It's a "yes" from me :)

DianaS
26th-June-2007, 08:57 AM
Next year? It's a "yes" from me :)

In that case I'm definately coming! your sets were awsome and we didn't get to dance:love:

fletch
26th-June-2007, 04:20 PM
Ok my review, it might be a bit rushed cos

i'm back on line 1st time in 11 days

I tend not to focus on things like, views from the chalet or mugs, so my important bit's, are......

I was right next to the venue :clap:

I had lovely company to share with Mythical and Vicki (joining the forum soon) :cheers: and of cause my lovely children,:love: we had an extra bonus with some eye candy in the room adjacent (chunky Josh) :drool:

I have to say when I arrived I was a little apprehensive, I think you are when its new and different, it take a bit to get you bearings, but it didn't take long.:D

We had a wonderful time it was different, it seemed to have a Rockbotton's feel to it,:flower: I think that's why Diana might think it would be a good idea to market it with children in mind, I going to be bias cos of my children, but I do agree with her, this would be an excellent venue to market with children in mind, but limit the numbers like at Beach Boogie, I don't want loads of children running around either.:what: The children that came, Debbie Atwoods 2 girls, Ringo n Star's, two Girls (Grace and Kate) Mini Mac and my two, they all dance :worthy: at one point they were all at the side of the dance flooe in a line and Debbie and 'H' picked them off one by one :D :waycool: and they all soon budded up together, they had a wonderful time, go-Karting and Swinging in the day, plus dancing on the evening. :clap:

I have to agree with TiggerBabe the standard of dancing was fab, and everyone seemed to be up for fun, it was a non threatening chilled atmosphere,:hug: and it gave people who would love to come into the 'blues room' at Southport but haven found the courage yet, chance to dance with challenging dancers to challenging music.:worthy:

I think that one room work very well, especial for the above reason, there was no split with dance ability, and with a line up of the best entertainers in the business they really worked the room to its full potential,:respect: my advice keep one room for next year. :flower:

The Jive Aces on Sunday were Fab.:worthy:

I can't comment on the lesson, you know I don't do them,:sick: but I did dance with quite a few people that hadn't been dancing long, and they used me as test to see if the routine worked, :what: the feed back I got was that having small classes made it much more personal, more like a private lesson, and the people doing them benefited form it. :clap:

BARMPOTS sardines were fab on Saturday/Sunday,:drool: unlike his legs on Sunday/Monday :eek: :sick:

Tigger,:eek: oooooooo honey what can I say.:sick: :rofl:

Would I book again, just try keeping me away. :clap:

It wasn't perfect, but it was the first at this site, there have been improvement's along the way for all the weekenders as they evolve, Mike did a good job, it takes a lot of organising, and with a bit of delegation the next will run like clockwork, i'm sure :respect:

and I bought a pair of dance shoes, they were very reasonable. :waycool:

Mini Mac
26th-June-2007, 05:04 PM
The children that came, Debbie Atwoods 2 girls, Ringo n Star's, two Girls (Grace and Kate) Mini Mac and my two, they all dance :worthy: at one point they were all at the side of the dance flooe in a line and Debbie and 'H' picked them off one by one :D :waycool: and they all soon budded up together, they had a wonderful time, go-Karting and Swinging in the day, plus dancing on the evening. :clap:

I really enjoyed hanging out with Joe and Maddi We had a great time in the pool (those slides are amazing), and go karting was a laugh except i couldnt reach the peddles!!!!:blush: :blush: :blush:

I also liked meeting Paul and Sally's two girls Grace and Kate and i enjoyed dancing with them:waycool:

Also Deb's girls Victoria and Emily were very nice and we all had a lovely time.:innocent:

fletch
26th-June-2007, 05:15 PM
I also liked meeting Paul and Sally's two girls Grace and Kate and i enjoyed dancing with them:waycool:

:

Paul and Sally have joined the forum they are Ringo n Star :flower: we just need to get them posting now :clap:

Mini Mac
26th-June-2007, 05:17 PM
Hafan was really good and i thouroughly enjoyed myself! The haven site was huge and it had a lot to do incase anyone got bored. :nice:

It was unusual seeing non dancers there a lot, most of them younger children and dogs but i didnt let this put me off.:waycool:

I think the chalets were very clean and quite comfortable.:D

Big thanks to 2tone who fed the 5000 admirably.:awe: (that food was scrumptious):yum:

I done some great classes but also had some free time to do haven activites such as swimming and go karting with Joe and Maddi:clap:

I done two classes at the weekend.

The first was the amazing awesome foursome and Debs, 2tone, Andy and Ed you did great!:waycool: You made it look so easy! But it was really good fun and i enjoyed it!

The second class was Lorraine and Mike's forties party and it was very entertaining.

One problem though... :confused:

I wish it had gone on longer as i really loved it! Mike taught me a bit of lindy and some handy footwork and we later used this in freestyle!:clap:

VJ and Jive aces were brill i'd never heard you before so it was certainly a treat for me!:flower:

But i was so pleased when i went to the arcade and won 3 spongebob teddies in the crane machine!:clap: I'd never won at those things before!:rolleyes:

Hafan defintly had a bit of a rock bottoms vibe and i think thats why i would like to go again!:worthy:

fletch
26th-June-2007, 05:23 PM
But i was so pleased when i went to the arcade and won 3 spongebob teddies in the crane machine!:clap: I'd never won at those things before!:rolleyes:

don't tell Jamie :wink:

Cruella
26th-June-2007, 05:50 PM
don't tell Jamie :wink:Don't worry, Jamie was busy winning his own prizes at the weekend.:wink:

fletch
26th-June-2007, 05:52 PM
Don't worry, Jamie was busy winning his own prizes at the weekend.:wink:

oooo what have I missed :devil:

PM me :wink:

Jamie
26th-June-2007, 05:57 PM

I do hope one of them is for me :D

Blueshoes
26th-June-2007, 06:53 PM
I just found it very disappointing, that after so many people said they were up for a tramp, he never showed up.

Fruity Oranges
26th-June-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm soooo pleased to see that you all enjoyed yourselves this weekend. As one of the crew members you tend to worry about whether or not people had a good time :sick:, so it's a relief to see these posts.

For those of you who don't know who I am, I was on the door on Friday night asking you to 'flash me'. My hubby was there too - the demo in pink on Saturday :respect:.

I agree that it was a really laid back atmosphere and there was no pressure to do anything unless you really wanted to. I did just one class the entire weekend, I was humming and haaa - ing (!) about it when Howard and Nicola walked by our apartment and told me they were going home as soon as their class was finished - choice was made - I did the class. And I was soooo pleased that I did - I did my very first aerial!:clap:.

There was really only one hitch to the weekend - we had to change apartments as it smelt like a cat had decided to mark out its territory in our living room :eek:. It took Kay about 10 minutes to get us a new apartment - NEXT DOOR!!! :worthy:.

I'm editing this to add that I was thoroughly impressed with all of the kids this weekend. They were all so well behaved and charming (Joe - you know it's true).

There would be one thing that I'd encourage Mike to do: run the classes until 5.30pm and then instead of carrying the music on, have a bit of down time and finish the music. Then, at either 8pm or 9pm bring on the freestyle. I think that if people have a set time that they know the freestyle will start then more people will turn up en-masse rather than in dribs and drabs which is what seemed to be happening (I was on the door, I got worried). With the freestyles going on until 4am, there's not really any reason why this couldn't happen.

BTW - did anyone else get any of the Haven staff dancing. I had a lovely blues dance with Jan from behind the bar! :nice:

Are we going next year - as the Churchill dog would say ' oh yes!'

DianaS
26th-June-2007, 08:09 PM
I just found it very disappointing, that after so many people said they were up for a tramp, he never showed up.

Hey Blueshoes - the tramp did show but he was more of a trampette. We danced ourselves out Friday and slept in Saturday eat a late breakfast lunch and met up with those who were around. A small but able group looked at the sky and decided to jettison Snowdonia 'cas it was dark and stormy and head off to Cricketh castle. We did cricketh castle and saw the aftermath of maording Llewyns, were inspired enough to buy young Joe a quiver and bow and like true dancers hit the shops! Just on cue the rain came down and we headed back and went back to bed till the need for sustanance brought us out and hey it was time to dance again.

Sadly there wasn't enough time to round more people up, and with the weather and other uncertainties like what time we improvised on the moment.

I'm sorry that you are disappointed though :flower:

Mini Mac
27th-June-2007, 10:14 AM
I do hope one of them is for me :D

soz jamie 2tones little boy Ethan luvs spongebob i myt get lucky and win another 1 and if i do then you can have him!:love:

Mini Mac
27th-June-2007, 10:17 AM
don't tell Jamie :wink:

uh oh too late fletch hes already found out!:whistle: