PDA

View Full Version : Swish 2008 - question

JiveLad
21st-February-2007, 10:03 AM
Last night the teacher was extolling virtues of Swish - and said that "already for 2008, 50% of the tickets have been sold - so you'd better be quick".

I checked on the website and it says the tickets don't go on sale till March 1st.

How can it be 50% sold already? - Is this the teachers/organisers who have already booked - or what's the story?

ducasi
21st-February-2007, 10:20 AM
Surely it couldn't be Ceroc teachers hyping Ceroc events? :really:

drathzel
21st-February-2007, 10:27 AM
Last night the teacher was extolling virtues of Swish - and said that "already for 2008, 50% of the tickets have been sold - so you'd better be quick".

I checked on the website and it says the tickets don't go on sale till March 1st.

How can it be 50% sold already? - Is this the teachers/organisers who have already booked - or what's the story?

someone mentioned on the swish review page that 30% of the tickets sold at swish for next year!

David Bailey
21st-February-2007, 10:50 AM
Were "next year" tickets on sale at this year's event to attendees?

Personally, I'd go with the "teacher talking rubbish" theory...

Paul F
21st-February-2007, 12:29 PM
I dont know the full answer but what I do know is that a special "re-booking" table opened up during the weekend. This allowed all those that were there the opportunity to rebook for next year.

AFAIK the take up was pretty good but thats not really surprising. The people that were there went because its a rather unique weekender. It stands to reason they would want to re-book as no other weekender really compares to this on a relative scale i.e. there are no other 5* weekenders I dont think.

Tiggerbabe
21st-February-2007, 01:07 PM
I think it sounds fab, am sorely tempted :D

Cruella
21st-February-2007, 01:14 PM
:yeah: Why is any different to the people at Southport being given a discount if they book for the next one whilst they are there?

Achaeco
21st-February-2007, 04:58 PM
I dont know the full answer but what I do know is that a special "re-booking" table opened up during the weekend. This allowed all those that were there the opportunity to rebook for next year.

AFAIK the take up was pretty good but thats not really surprising. The people that were there went because its a rather unique weekender. It stands to reason they would want to re-book as no other weekender really compares to this on a relative scale i.e. there are no other 5* weekenders I dont think.

Errm i think you will find there is.
Dont want to advertise so look at my profile and click my website.

Paul F
21st-February-2007, 06:30 PM
Dont want to advertise so look at my profile and click my website.

Oops. My apologies if there is another one out there. I didnt realise :blush:

Unfortunately I cant view your profile though but I will take your word for it.

CentrAlex
21st-February-2007, 06:54 PM

There was a re-booking desk at Swish 2007 to book in advance for Swish 2008. The places don't go on sale until the 1st march online.

so yes...nearly half the places have been sold already!

SilverFox
21st-February-2007, 08:10 PM
.... as no other weekender really compares to this on a relative scale i.e. there are no other 5* weekenders I dont think.

Dont want to advertise so look at my profile and click my website.OK, I've looked at your profile, clicked on your website and clicked on 'Weekender'.

Did I find an all inclusive 5* holiday resort weekender, with 3 rooms of dancing on site, 3 meals a day and 3 nights accommodation, with adventure golf, badminton, billiards, bowls, board games, darts, football, a hot whirlpool, a sauna, a steamroom, snooker, swimming pools, table tennis, tennis, cabarets, live bands and a daily activity programme all thrown in free of charge?

Errm, no.

Perhaps I'm missing something?

(Oh yes, that'll be it! A blatant plug for a dance competition with no relevance to Swish.):really:

Rocky
21st-February-2007, 10:06 PM
OK, I've looked at your profile, clicked on your website and clicked on 'Weekender'.

Did I find an all inclusive 5* holiday resort weekender, with 3 rooms of dancing on site, 3 meals a day and 3 nights accommodation, with adventure golf, badminton, billiards, bowls, board games, darts, football, a hot whirlpool, a sauna, a steamroom, snooker, swimming pools, table tennis, tennis, cabarets, live bands and a daily activity programme all thrown in free of charge?

Errm, no.

Perhaps I'm missing something?

(Oh yes, that'll be it! A blatant plug for a dance competition with no relevance to Swish.):really:

:rofl: the fox is back...