PDA

View Full Version : Jive Aces this Friday (23rd)

Lee Bartholomew
20th-February-2007, 01:32 PM
Anyone fancy going to see the Jive Aces this Friday in Haywards Heath. I'll prob be going with a few non-forumites.

Double Trouble
20th-February-2007, 01:35 PM
Anyone fancy going to see the Jive Aces this Friday in Haywards Heath. I'll prob be going with a few non-forumites.

Was gonna go Ashtons but I do fancy that. Where is that?

Lee Bartholomew
20th-February-2007, 01:42 PM
Was gonna go Ashtons but I do fancy that. Where is that?

Might be bit of a trek. Is off the M25 at junction7 bottom of the M23. About as far time wise as Ashtead was on Sat. Poss abit more.

http://streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=535000&y=135000&z=5&sv=535000,135000&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&ax=532930&ay=123777

straycat
20th-February-2007, 01:50 PM
Saw them Saturday. Wonderful band - highly recommended.

Double Trouble
20th-February-2007, 02:15 PM
Saw them Saturday. Wonderful band - highly recommended.

:yeah: I saw them at the Pigalle Club recently and really enjoyed them.

JiveLad
20th-February-2007, 02:43 PM
Saw them 3 times last year. Good value - and they give it their all.

I was slightly taken aback when I found out their Scientology connection though.

I might go to Ashtons on Friday......................1st time (on a Friday).

Double Trouble
20th-February-2007, 02:45 PM
I was slightly taken aback when I found out their Scientology connection though.(on a Friday).

Why? :flower:

straycat
20th-February-2007, 02:55 PM
Why? :flower:

Yep. Why? I mean - if you check out the Scientology promotional video and core values (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF395guolfY), it all .... makes .... perfect .... sense .... :what:

join....
us....

WittyBird
20th-February-2007, 03:03 PM
I was slightly taken aback when I found out their Scientology connection though.

There was a thread dedicated to Scientology and the Jive Aces somewhere. I'm far to bust to find it. I don't see why you would have a problem with this. They are very open about it and understand other peoples points of views and ways of life - maybe you should

They are a great bunch of guys and a heap load of fun to be around. I would have them in my company anytime.

TurboTomato
20th-February-2007, 03:25 PM
:yeah: I saw them at the Pigalle Club recently and really enjoyed them.

I had the pleasure of watching the Jive Aces the very first time I went to a Ceroc night! :really: And look what it's done to me :na:

Seriously though, from what I remember they were really good, pity I wasn't at a point in my dancing lifeline where I could properly appreciate them.

straycat
20th-February-2007, 03:29 PM
They are a great bunch of guys and a heap load of fun to be around. I would have them in my company anytime.

This (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5150&highlight=scientology)is thread you mean, I'm thinking.

The Aces are, yes, a lovely bunch of people to chat to, extremely dedicated, a superb and highly professional outfit, and I very much enjoy spending time with them.

Scientology is however, (as far as I'm concerned) a very different matter.

JiveLad
20th-February-2007, 03:56 PM
There was a thread dedicated to Scientology and the Jive Aces somewhere. I'm far to bust to find it. I don't see why you would have a problem with this. They are very open about it and understand other peoples points of views and ways of life - maybe you should

I love the Jive Aces - which is why I saw them 3 times last year. It's no problem to me that they are Scientologists - I only said I was taken aback (ie surprised).

I'm interested to know what you mean by: ".....understand other peoples points of views and ways of life - maybe you should".

Could you explain a bit more please? (or PM me).

Minnie M
20th-February-2007, 03:59 PM

I am hoping to be there :clap:

Minnie M
20th-February-2007, 07:35 PM
Just had a phone call from the Jive Aces - they are encouraging dancers to come to their gig on Friday so are offering 2 for the price of 3 tickets - door price of tickets is £12.50 each

If you call Clair Hall on 01444 455 440 and quote reference CHJIVE2303 you can have three tickets for the price of two

See you there :clap:

Gav
20th-February-2007, 10:39 PM
Just had a phone call from the Jive Aces - they are encouraging dancers to come to their gig on Friday so are offering 2 for the price of 3 tickets - door price of tickets is £12.50 each

mmm, I've heard of better deals, how about 2 for the price of two? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Double Trouble
20th-February-2007, 10:42 PM
mmm, I've heard of better deals, how about 2 for the price of two? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Christ almighty.......you are all on form today. I cant rep you Gav. Had my nose up your bottom once too often this week....apparently.:whistle:

Minnie M
21st-February-2007, 08:18 AM

whooooooops :blush: (I'll rep hiim for you DT)

tsh
21st-February-2007, 11:40 AM
They're also at Plinston Hall Letchworth, on Saturday 24th http://www.plinstonlive.com/ - but I'm not sure how many tickets are left.

Sean

Sparkles
21st-February-2007, 01:58 PM
I'm glad so many people enjoy their music and performances. I think they're lovely guys, they've always been very nice to me when we've danced or spoken (all be it briefly). But I really wouldn't go and see them perform by choice. Not my cup of tea at all :sad:.
Hope everyone that goes has fun though :flower:

Minnie M
21st-February-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm glad so many people enjoy their music and performances. I think they're lovely guys, they've always been very nice to me when we've danced or spoken (all be it briefly). But I really wouldn't go and see them perform by choice. Not my cup of tea at all :sad:.
Hope everyone that goes has fun though :flower:

Friday's set will be their normal swing set :worthy: not the same as most of you have seen.

They are such fab musicians, I am quite happy just to listen & watch them - might have to on Friday as I don't think there will be many swing dancers there :sad:

And yes, they are all lovely guys - really approachable and friendly and Ian (singer/trumpet and forumite jiveknight) & Ken (double base) are great dancers and happy to dance with all of us.

David Bailey
21st-February-2007, 10:25 PM
I agree they're great guys, and I think they've vastly improved their "MJ-friendliness" over the past few years, which is also a good sign.

I'm not too keen on the paraphenalia ("massages" stands etc.), but it's not as bad as some things.

I just wish there were more regular MJ-venue-playing bands, is all.

Minnie M
24th-February-2007, 02:22 AM

Well.......... where were you Woodface :confused:

I've just got in - you missed a really fab night

The hall was full, about half were non dancers and the other half mainly MJ dancers - but the boys in yellow did us proud.

Nearly every track was MJ dance-able, and a couple thrown in for the swing lot.

Those there really enjoyed the evening and even the non-dancers got on the floor for the last dance.

Thank you Jive Aces :respect: you did it again - a brilliant evening :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

jiveknight
24th-February-2007, 05:45 PM
Well.......... where were you Woodface :confused:

I've just got in - you missed a really fab night

The hall was full, about half were non dancers and the other half mainly MJ dancers - but the boys in yellow did us proud.

Nearly every track was MJ dance-able, and a couple thrown in for the swing lot.

Those there really enjoyed the evening and even the non-dancers got on the floor for the last dance.

Thank you Jive Aces :respect: you did it again - a brilliant evening :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks for coming Minnie and you're very welcome! :nice:

And cheers to Witty :cheers: I owe you a dance :wink:

Ian