PDA

View Full Version : MJ in 100 years' time

David Bailey
19th-February-2007, 12:39 PM
Inspired by this thread (http://www.dance-forums.com/showthread.php?t=16273), and because we haven't had a "direction" discussion for, ooh, months now...

What do people think MJ will be like in the year 2106?

Lee Bartholomew
19th-February-2007, 12:41 PM
Inspired by this thread (http://www.dance-forums.com/showthread.php?t=16273), and because we haven't had a "direction" discussion for, ooh, months now...

Perfomed by robots and super intelligent monkeys (not far off what it's like now then I guess)

Stuart M
19th-February-2007, 04:19 PM
Most venues will be offering synchronised swimming classes instead. And it'll be too warm to dance anyway.

Gav
19th-February-2007, 04:39 PM
It'll all be done at home on PS123, XBox 7200s or Nintendo BodilyFluids using virtual dance partners. :D

Gentabout
19th-February-2007, 05:06 PM
I know one thing, i would hope that i will be able to dance by then.

There will be no fear about whether we are all to old by then either as medical science will have be funded by the government sufficiently well that they will be able to keep us all working until we are at least 200 years old. This will then save them paying out on pensions and enable them to to tax us for longer.

So we will all still be dancing and posting what are you up to threads for the forthcoming weekend.

It might read something like.

Friday Feb 20th 2099 Ashton's for Spin like Woodface classes
Saturday Feb 21st 2099 Mars for zero gravity mini aerials classes, (ideal for the more robustly built dancers)
Sunday Feb 22nd 2099 Tea Dance aboard HMS Ark Royal, mored just of the north pole. The only place on the planet where you could dance on deck and not get sun burnt in 37 seconds.

Anyhow back to work for me, might get my business retail terms and conditions re-written by then.

Gent.

Double Trouble
19th-February-2007, 05:09 PM
I dunno about MJ, but you can bet your ass David James will still be murdering AT on a regular basis. :love: :D :love:

Frankie_4711
19th-February-2007, 07:07 PM
... snip ...might get my business retail terms and conditions re-written by then.

Gent.

You reckon???

Gentabout
20th-February-2007, 08:48 PM
You reckon???

Well if i do not get them done i might have to give up dancing. That may well be a good thing for the MJ world though.

Gent.

LMC
21st-February-2007, 03:05 PM
Ceroc will still be Evil. Everyone will have to struggle through crowds of anti-capitalists to get into a venue, because Mike Ellard (who can afford regular rejuvenation therapy, making him practically immortal) has taken over Microsoft, Disney and Coca Cola corporations (and possibly Tesco as well).

We will still be arguing about first move footwork.

We will still be outraged at the cost of tap-water - £3,590 for 200 ml, that's APPALLING.

There will be even more smelly people to complain about satisfyingly, because global warming and water shortages prevent people washing so frequently.

Owing to said global warming, there will be no need for fake spray tan.

Lynn's descendants will be keeping Freed in business (assuming that the shoe gene is hereditary)

Some gittish DJ will rediscover "I wish I didn't miss you any more" and "Save the Last Dance for Me" :mad:

The One True Dance will still not be MJ, but a style invented in 2017 which I can't think of an amusing name for right now.

stewart38
22nd-February-2007, 03:22 PM
Next 100yrs as follows

By 2010

Virgin acquires ceroc

Virgin bought ceroc in 2010 following the successful launch of the teach yourself ceroc on the tube interactive services which was launched in 2008. In fact by 2020 Virgin brand can be found on the inside of your toast

By 2020

Count down to Southport weekenders on the forum becomes greater then 1000 days and (sorry owned by virginceroc now) and women had to book 3yrs in advance. Virginceroc let women book 3 days in advance if they had purchased 44 packs of virgin cola in the last 4 months. All independents have gone by now although A McGregor tries a fight back in Nigeria but sur comes to the offer of a free Virgin flight home followed by free Virgin train transport for a year. Women can have their teeth check for free at Virgin dentists if they have been to more then 4 weekenders in a year

By

Virginceroc make final purchase agreement to provide virginceroc facilities in all the Mosques in Iraq, guns will have to checked in at the door but the no smoking plan has been relaxed. The term MJ will now be know as Virgin and all forum names will be prefix by Virgin. Trouble and Double Trouble for some reason do not need to add Virgin to the front of their names following a routine enquiry ?

Growing discontent that Virginceroc as the product is too inflexible

VirginCercofunkylush was closed and remained as a form drink way back in 2011

Virgin offered free Virgin water at Ashtons and this help ease any backlash for 27 years

Stewart38 now going by the name of stewart40ish comes up with a new bouncy routine which will be the end of the evil virginempire
Calls it veroc but only last as long as he remains in the bath (Virgin Bath)

This far ahead only one thing is certain given global warming was a total myth and Virginceroc/ski in Dubai is big big business.

David Bailey
22nd-February-2007, 03:34 PM
Brilliant - well worth waiting for :clap: :rofl :worthy:

On minor point, though:

Count down to Southport weekenders on the forum becomes greater then 1000 days
Ahem... (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6418)

Beowulf
22nd-February-2007, 11:40 PM
Ceroc in 100 years? Oh come on can we all grow up and stop being so silly? There WON'T be any ceroc in 100 years as by then my clone army will have risen up and claimed this planet as their own. :D

in the year 2107 the only government sanctioned dance will be "Syncronised saying sorry" .. Only small fragments of the Great Ceroc Empire will remain.. namely.. "The Man spin" and "The Yo-Yo" (well they are my clones after all!)

I've made a start.. well, kind of.. does anyone know how to make toenail cuttings take root?? :wink:

Little Yellow Fish
23rd-February-2007, 12:30 PM
The One True Dance will still not be MJ, but a style invented in 2017 which I can't think of an amusing name for right now.

Ooh, can we call it the Humbug? :waycool: You know thats a good name :wink:

ducasi
23rd-February-2007, 10:32 PM
In a 100 years' time, Modern Jive will be known as "Old Time Jive". What we think of as "Jive" will be called "Real Old Time Jive". Purists and snobs will only learn the "Real" version.

Partner dancing in general will have been replaced by a dance simulator that you step into, and gives you the feeling of a perfect dance every time.

Gentabout
24th-February-2007, 01:28 AM
In a 100 years' time, Modern Jive will be known as "Old Time Jive". What we think of as "Jive" will be called "Real Old Time Jive". Purists and snobs will only learn the "Real" version.

Partner dancing in general will have been replaced by a dance simulator that you step into, and gives you the feeling of a perfect dance every time.

Wonder if the same simulator would be used for Sex too.!!!:wink:

Gent

Blueshoes
24th-February-2007, 02:06 AM
If it is I hope it'll be mopped out properly before I use it for dancing in again......

Blueshoes
24th-February-2007, 02:10 AM
What will modern jive be like in a hundred years time?

As in hundred years time I'll be a hundred and.. well, over a hundred and twenty anyway... and, let's face it, dead....

who cares?

Gav
24th-February-2007, 05:49 PM

Gent

Some of us manage just fine without a simulator thanks. :na: :wink: :whistle:

Baruch
24th-February-2007, 07:16 PM
In a hundred years' time it will be called "Earth Jive" and will be impossible to do due to the difficulties of low gravity in the Lunar colonies.

"Semi-circle and step back.... no, I said STEP, not float! Now step towards your partner .... STEP.... oh, forget it!"

Aerials should be quite easy to do though.