PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc Scotland Forum Rules!

Debster
3rd-July-2003, 02:32 AM
I beg your forgiveness, I strayed. I tried another drug but this forum is the one true place to spend my wee hours.

You guys are so friendly and welcoming, especially the moderator, the all-powerful Franck who could delete us away at his whimsy, but bears with our follies (even if they aren't directly related to Ceroc).

I feel I have been turned out of a hostile environment.
So now I'm back. May I not stray far again.

All hail the Ceroc Scotland Forum.

I'm sure some of you will understand...

TheTramp
3rd-July-2003, 08:26 AM
I understand!

And yes. All hail to Franck.

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-July-2003, 09:30 AM
This sounds like a story that should be told - so we can sympathise and celebrate having debster to ourselves :)

Rachel
3rd-July-2003, 09:37 AM
I just had to go and look to see what you were talking about. It's hard to believe!

I was once tempted to post something on the London forum about Hipsters being a better choice for me than Fulham on a Tuesday - due, really to many of the reasons Lily gave: the later finish particularly, and also the parking and great floor. (Well, they did ask, didn't they?) But it looks like that post would have been a waste of energy.

Honestly, I can't ever really understand such strict 'no competition' policies ... I'm sure I would have given up Ceroc and replaced it with Salsa years ago if I hadn't had the chance to see other venues/organisations/styles of dance/variations, etc. That's what keeps me inspired and motivated.

Rachel

PS Yes, I agree - big cheers for Franck!

Graham
3rd-July-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Debster
I feel I have been turned out of a hostile environment.
So now I'm back. May I not stray far again.
Okay, Debster - I can see the new rules posted, but was this as a result of something you did? Have you been booted off, or had your posts deleted? I haven't been looking there for a while.

Welcome back, by the way :hug: :hug: :hug:

Rachel
3rd-July-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Graham
Okay, Debster - I can see the new rules posted, but was this as a result of something you did? Have you been booted off, or had your posts deleted? I haven't been looking there for a while.

Welcome back, by the way :hug: :hug: :hug: She's been a naughty naughty girl - posting off-topic indeed!

If she's been booted off, does that put her in the same league as The Tramp? Or is she just brown belt naughty compared to Tramp's black?

Graham
3rd-July-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
She's been a naughty naughty girl - posting off-topic indeed!

If she's been booted off, does that put her in the same league as The Tramp? Or is she just brown belt naughty compared to Tramp's black? Rachel, sweetie, NOBODY is in the same league as Steve!

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-July-2003, 10:44 AM
.... should not be used as a platform to promote non Ceroc events and/or to encourage dancers to attend these non Ceroc events. Any posts of this nature will be deleted.

Methinks a marketing plan that owes a lot to Microsoft :). Kinda funny that people chatting about what they love is restricted, but hey - you've got to shackle the people you dont trust right ? :)

'not a general jive dance forum' is an interesting statement about a forum thats all about Jive dance, albeit a franchised company that does jive dance.

All Hail Monsieur Franck :)

Rachel
3rd-July-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Graham
Rachel, sweetie, NOBODY is in the same league as Steve!
Yes, perhaps you're right!

Rachel
3rd-July-2003, 11:10 AM
.... should not be used as a platform to promote non Ceroc events and/or to encourage dancers to attend these non Ceroc events. Any posts of this nature will be deleted.
In that case, how can they possibly ask people why they think Fulham is not doing so well on a Tuesday, when they're not prepared to hear people's answers about the competition???

Bill
3rd-July-2003, 11:35 AM
In that case, how can they possibly ask people why they think Fulham is not doing so well on a Tuesday, when they're not prepared to hear people's answers about the competition???

As a business I can understand why they might be afraid of competition - especially in London - and even more so if it's not positive !

However, I have always found Ceroc, as an organisation, a little too 'protective'. Having being to Fulham and to Hipsters I can agree that the venue is much better.................and on one of the nights I went both Viktor and Nigel were there and Nigel actually took the beginners away to work with them !!!! Imagine having Nigel as the taxi dancer :rolleyes: :D

Must try and get down again over summer.

At least we can discuss other styles and events quite openly here although in Dundee and Aberdeen there's actually very little serious competition to Ceroc so perhaps there's little to worry about.

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-July-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Bill
At least we can discuss other styles and events quite openly here although in Dundee and Aberdeen there's actually very little serious competition to Ceroc so perhaps there's little to worry about.

but there is "competition" in Scotland its just not usually taken as such. I have many dancing friends and i cant remember if I met most of them at Ceroc, Le Roc, any jive party night or a non-ceroc or ceroc workshop, because I dont see that theres a huge difference - its just lots of dancing in different places with nice people, and thats what this forum is all about at least :).

Lou
3rd-July-2003, 12:24 PM
Yup - hurrah for Franck & his all-inclusive policy! :grin: Don't let the buggers get you down, Debster!

CJ
3rd-July-2003, 01:54 PM
Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with the luuuuuuuuurve being sent to the absent Franck for his all-inclusive attitude, I was slightly disappointed when I read this Thread title...

Somewhat, dippily, I thought there were new rules of conduct to be adhered to (or NOT) on this forum.

Damn. need to go elsewhere to sate my rebellious streak.:rolleyes:

Divissima
3rd-July-2003, 02:19 PM
Woah! Debster, cool thread! :grin: I, too, have strayed (quite a lot, actually :sorry :sorry ) and initially thought a London-based forum would be a great place to get involved (particularly as the forum is but young and in need of bringing-on). I think I might have provoked the publication of the guidelines - I noticed loads of posts which mentioned non-ceroc venues and teachers were mysteriously disappearing so I requested clarification of the policy for all to see.
Now, the way I see it is that the forum moderators can make whatever rules they like on their forum - but it doesn't mean I'll want to post there very often.
Shame really....:rolleyes:

LilyB
3rd-July-2003, 04:55 PM

Spot on, Rach! They removed my post about Hipsters, as you noted earlier, but I was only trying to answer the question posted by Brittany herself!!!:confused: :reallymad

So here's my "ALL HAIL FRANCK!!!", for keeping politics (& petty jealousy?) out of this forum. :cheers:

LilyB

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-July-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by LilyB
So here's my "ALL HAIL FRANCK!!!", for keeping politics (& petty jealousy?) out of this forum. :cheers:

Instead we have trivia, abuse, threads that always turn out to be rude no matter what the topic is and even the occasional dance related post. :)

Dance Demon
3rd-July-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by LilyB

LilyB

I'll drink to that:cheers:

Andy McGregor
3rd-July-2003, 05:35 PM
So now I'm back.

" 'So now I'm back"...
..to let you know that I can really shake it down

Do you love me?
Really love me?
Now that I can dance..
....dance
....dance
....dance'

Sorry, I couldn't resist quoting from the rest of the song - it seemed to fit the story so well.

Maybe they can only 'Do the mashed potato' in Fulham - that would reduce the numbers :devil:

Neil
3rd-July-2003, 05:43 PM
As a relatively new recruit to the Ceroc Scotland Forum, I'd like to add my own little "All Hail Frank!".

The only downside to this forum is that it has inspired in me a new and rather unsettling desire to go dancing in Scotland :eek:

SlĂ*inte Mhath!

Neil

Alfie
3rd-July-2003, 06:13 PM
Now, the way I see it is that the forum moderators can make whatever rules they like on their forum - but it doesn't mean I'll want to post there very often.
Shame really....

I dont think I'll ever ever ever want to post there if they are censoring the thoughts and oppinions of the jiving community at large. Especially if they were being mean to Debster:sad:
This just confirms that certain individuals in the Ceroc environs are becomming scared of the compition but think they can control the dancing destinies of their members by the suppression of free thinking and speech amongst like minded individuals.
Enough said.

Hail to Franck:D and freedom to express our oppinions north of the Boarder

Debster
3rd-July-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
" 'So now I'm back"...
..to let you know that I can really shake it down

Hey - that's very funny! Good one Andy. How music soaks into your subconscious when you listen to it and sing it to yourself a million times on a Sunday... ;)

Debster
3rd-July-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Alfie
I dont think I'll ever ever ever want to post there if they are censoring the thoughts and oppinions of the jiving community at large. Especially if they were being mean to Debster:sad:
Ah gee, thanks Alfie. But really I have to admit they weren't mean to me. I just took offense to the policy. And I'd heard they'd been deleting Divissima's posts (haven't even bothered checking if mine have been too). It's silly. And I can't imagine why we would bother posting there anymore when we can freely discuss what we want here. Far more sensible and productive than pretending that any other part of our lives doesn't exist!

Andy McGregor
3rd-July-2003, 06:32 PM
I've just been onto the other forum and joined. There was a sort of an echo as if no-one else was there. And I think I saw a few cobwebs too:wink:

Of course, we all love Ceroc. And they did run a brilliant competition in Hammersmith - although some of the judging was biased towards tall, young, pretty, slim, etc. But maybe that's just sour grapes as I'll never be any of those things.:tears:

I'm sure this Forum welcomes us Southerners (even us Scottish ex-pats who are a bit short, old, plain, overweight, etc). Why do we need another one in London?:devil:

Sheepman
4th-July-2003, 11:22 AM
I'd heard they'd been deleting Divissima's posts (haven't even bothered checking if mine have been too).[/B]
I think they must have, as I couldn't find anything controversial there. So will my posting there mentioning this thread get deleted?
And would it be paranoia to wonder if PMs are scrutinized too?
Greg

Grant
4th-July-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
And would it be paranoia to wonder if PMs are scrutinized too?
Greg
only if they are not:D

Grant

Pammy
4th-July-2003, 12:19 PM
This just confirms that certain individuals in the Ceroc environs are becomming scared of the compition but think they can control the dancing destinies of their members by the suppression of free thinking and speech amongst like minded individuals.

"Think" is the right word, as I hear nothing but mentions of praise for Hipsters at any Ceroc venue I've been to. For Jive, along with Hammersmith, it is definitely the cream of the London area.

This, is not only due to the great dancers (of which there are many), but also to the fact that Nigel & co. are such nice people who make <i>EVERYONE</i> feel incredibly welcome in a very relaxed friendly atmosphere.

<i>Let people speak their minds, and learn from their comments. It seems obvious to the rest of us.</i>

P:kiss: