PDA

View Full Version : any opinions on massage mattresses?

Rachel
30th-June-2003, 04:40 PM
Speaking of birthday presents ... (well, I was, anyway) - has anyone ever tried one of those massage mattresses like the ones you can find on the Modern Originals catalogue/web page?
http://www.modern-originals.com/produit.asp?PID=1250&TID=

I'm seriously interested in buying one for Marc's birthday cos it looks great. (I might even let Marc have a go occasionally...) Just can't quite decide - given how much it costs - how well it would work or if it would tickle too much, etc etc.

Does anyone have experience with these things?
Rachel

Sheepman
1st-July-2003, 10:51 AM
The closest I can get to a recommendation is watching a friend use one of the massage chairs at a French motorway services. If that's anything to go by, then Marc's present will be watching you being massaged!:wink:
Greg

Sorry to lower the tone of this thread straight away, but it was bound to happen!

Chicklet
1st-July-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Sheepman
use one of the massage chairs at a French motorway services.
been on great massage chairs in the Sanctuary - girls only though I'm afraid:D

Rachel
1st-July-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Sheepman
... then Marc's present will be watching you being massaged!:wink:
Greg
Sounds alright to me!!!
R.

I don't know, I'm beginning to think it's not such a good idea after all - maybe I should spend my money on more practical, less frivolous presents like socks or something! Not as much fun, though ...

Dreadful Scathe
1st-July-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
maybe I should spend my money on more practical, less frivolous presents like socks or something! Not as much fun, though ...

as he probably has lots of socks, you cant get a MORE frivilous present. Unless they're smurf socks of course.

Rachel
1st-July-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
as he probably has lots of socks, you cant get a MORE frivilous present. Unless they're smurf socks of course. Hmm, so if I'm looking for fun, frolics and frivoloty it's a toss up between socks and a massage mattress then?

Dreadful Scathe
1st-July-2003, 12:30 PM
Hmm, so if I'm looking for fun, frolics and frivoloty it's a toss up between socks and a massage mattress then?

cant he get all the fun, frolics and frivoloty he could possibly want from you directly - no present required ? ;)

CJ
1st-July-2003, 01:12 PM
Hmm, so if I'm looking for fun, frolics and frivoloty it's a toss up between socks and a massage mattress then?

You could really save money and just give him a toss up.:sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry:

Aleks
1st-July-2003, 01:29 PM
Speaking of birthday presents ... (well, I was, anyway) - has anyone ever tried one of those massage mattresses like the ones you can find on the Modern Originals catalogue/web page?
http://www.modern-originals.com/produit.asp?PID=1250&TID=

I'm seriously interested in buying one for Marc's birthday cos it looks great. (I might even let Marc have a go occasionally...) Just can't quite decide - given how much it costs - how well it would work or if it would tickle too much, etc etc.

Does anyone have experience with these things?
Rachel

I'd suggest the pair of you go to a short massage course instead......there are a couple I know of in Edinburgh.

Graham
1st-July-2003, 01:45 PM
I see you're taking full advantage of Franck's absence, CJ. Still not enough :sorry s!!

So were you planning to spend the same amount on the socks as the mattress, Rachel???

I like Aleks' suggestion. A bottle of massage oil as a present to open, and a course of lessons. And if you both do the course then you get to benefit from the gift too!

CJ
1st-July-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Graham
I see you're taking full advantage of Franck's absence, CJ. Still not enough :sorry s!!

Re the :sorry 's... I tried to put more in, but it wouldn't let me.

Anyway, I let xSAx's comments about bouncy and rhythm go... can't be good ALL the time!!?!

Oh, and Rachel?

:sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry :

Sal
1st-July-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Anyway, I let xSAx's comments about bouncy and rhythm go... can't be good ALL the time!!?!

And I thought you were being nice, as she is new. Should have known that was too good to be true!

CJ
1st-July-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Sal
And I thought you were being nice,

always.:innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Rachel
1st-July-2003, 03:10 PM
You could really save money and just give him a toss up.:sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry:

Jesus - just come back to this thread and look where it's gone in my absence!

Well, yes, CJ, it's a nice thought, but I was thinking of something he wouldn't normally get any other day ...

Oops, joking! - is it about how time I learnt how to do those blushing things??

So anyway, general opinion is that I don't spend any money except perhaps on a bottle of baby oil? Now that's encouraging! Though Alex' suggestion of a massage course is nice - a holiday in Edinburgh is even better!

I did once buy some of those chocolate-flavoured massage bars - made such a mess of the hotel bed that we were too embarrassed to let the chambermaid see the state of the sheets, and we ended up stripping the bed and hiding the sheets somewhere down the corridor...

Still tempted by those CoolMax socks, though - he hasn't got any of those...
Rachel

xSalsa_Angelx
1st-July-2003, 03:19 PM
:rofl: Ceroc jock, naughty boy :rofl:

Do you want to try out the springy bed test with me then on her new matress?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :yum:

TheTramp
1st-July-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Sal
And I thought you were being nice, as she is new. Should have known that was too good to be true! From what I've seen, I really don't think that Miss Angelx needs any protecting.

In fact, shy, innocent people like me, probably need protecting from her.... :rolleyes:

Steve

xSalsa_Angelx
1st-July-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
From what I've seen, I really don't think that Miss Angelx needs any protecting.

In fact, shy, innocent people like me, probably need protecting from her.... :rolleyes:

Steve :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :innocent:

Sal
1st-July-2003, 04:13 PM
Well..... he is only a beginner! You had better be nice to him when he comes up to Aberdeen, SA, or he won't play you any bouncy tracks!

There you go, Trampie, I have protected you now!

xSalsa_Angelx
1st-July-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Sal
Well..... he is only a beginner! You had better be nice to him when he comes up to Aberdeen, SA, or he won't play you any bouncy tracks!

There you go, Trampie, I have protected you now!

Of course I wil be nice Sal :innocent:
Only teasing him..... :hug:

Sal
1st-July-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
Of course I wil be nice Sal :innocent:
Only teasing him..... :hug:

I am pretty sure he could look after himself, but as he is in a different time zone, I thought I would help out!

Well, either that excuse, or just the fact that I like joining in other people's conversations!

Dreadful Scathe
1st-July-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Sal
but as he is in a different time zone,

literally and figuratively :D

xSalsa_Angelx
1st-July-2003, 04:26 PM
yeah sure he could Sal,

OOOps poor Rachel asked this morning for an honest opinion of a massage mattress and we have totally obliterated her thread with naughty comments.... ooops..!!!!!:rofl:

TheTramp
1st-July-2003, 04:27 PM
What??? Scotland and Wales are in different time zones??

Unfortunately, I'm back from Oz now. Had a great time. And took 147 photos, which I can't wait to share with you all.

Just 11 days now until I make it up to Scotland. Have emailed about a couple of flats in Dundee that look possibilities. Tis all very exciting :D

Steve

xSalsa_Angelx
1st-July-2003, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheTramp
[B]What??? Scotland and Wales are in different time zones??

who's in wales?? Me and Sal are both Aberdeen, think that's what she was talking about Scotland and OZ..!!!!

TheTramp
1st-July-2003, 04:29 PM
And nope, Miss Angelx (and Sal).

When confronted by attractive ladies, I always just tend to stammer, and go red, and not be able to say anything. Especially attractive ladies who I need protecting from :rolleyes:

Out of interest DS. How is one in a figurative different time zone?

Steve

TheTramp
1st-July-2003, 04:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheTramp
[B]What??? Scotland and Wales are in different time zones??

who's in wales?? Me and Sal are both Aberdeen, think that's what she was talking about Scotland and OZ..!!!! Ummm. I would be the one in Wales then :)

Steve

Graham
1st-July-2003, 04:30 PM
OOOps poor Rachel asked this morning for an honest opinion of a massage mattress and we have totally obliterated her thread with naughty comments.... ooops..!!!!!:rofl: Don't worry - Rachel is a forum veteran and must have expected this to happen, especially with such a possibility-laden topic. She just pretends to be sweet and innocent (well, most of the time :wink: )

Rachel
1st-July-2003, 04:31 PM
yeah sure he could Sal,

OOOps poor Rachel asked this morning for an honest opinion of a massage mattress and we have totally obliterated her thread with naughty comments.... ooops..!!!!!:rofl: Should have seen it coming, really, shouldn't I!

Do you think Franck will be having to do some serious forum editing, once he gets back??
Rachel

Dreadful Scathe
1st-July-2003, 04:32 PM
How is one in a figurative different time zone?

because your mind is in a different time zone to the rest of you ? take it as a compliment :) on par with saying youre an 'out there' kinda guy, or at least thats what i meant :)

xSalsa_Angelx
1st-July-2003, 04:34 PM
Should have seen it coming, really, shouldn't I!

Do you think Franck will be having to do some serious forum editing, once he gets back??
Rachel

Possibly Rach, ave been kinda naughty :rofl:
at leat it edits naughty words..!!!!

Am sure he will have a good laugh at it all too..!!! if not he needs some seriuous editing too :rofl:

Aleks
1st-July-2003, 04:44 PM
So anyway, general opinion is that I don't spend any money except perhaps on a bottle of baby oil?

NOOOO!!!!!!!!
You need a good quality almond oil based massage oil, purchased at Neal's Yard (Edin) or Mystique Moments (Aberdour). Best aromatherapy oils to use: ylang ylang/patchouli/sandalwood or, even better Mystique Moments secrect recipe "Seduction Blend".

Mystique Moments web address where you can buy on line: www.greenwitch.co.uk

Sal
1st-July-2003, 04:53 PM
Steve

Whoops! Did not realise you were back! I had noticed a higher rate of posting, but I thought that was becasue you were missing us!

TheTramp
1st-July-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
because your mind is in a different time zone to the rest of you ?Are you saying I'm fat??? :rolleyes: :D

Steve

CJ
1st-July-2003, 05:15 PM

Well, yeah.....

At least we are in the 20th Century!!

(Awaits lecture from John for bashing the Welshes.....)

TheTramp
1st-July-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Sal
Whoops! Did not realise you were back! I had noticed a higher rate of posting, but I thought that was becasue you were missing us! Of course I was missing you. Some rather more than others of course :rolleyes: :D :rofl: :na:

But yes. I am back. Down in Cardiff at the moment, and off on a mini-dancing-tour of the west country starting tomorrow (Bath, Bristol, Exeter and Plymouth).

And then up to Scotland. Arriving at the Glasgow party on the 12th. Hope you're all going to be there!! :na:

Steve

Graham
1st-July-2003, 05:25 PM
Well, yeah.....

At least we are in the 20th Century!!

(Awaits lecture from John for bashing the Welshes.....) Some of us are in the 21st

CJ
1st-July-2003, 05:27 PM
Only the ones as advanced, in years, as yourself.....

Graham
1st-July-2003, 05:31 PM
Only the ones as advanced, in years, as yourself..... Cheap ageist gags are just so, like, last century

Rachel
2nd-July-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Graham
Don't worry - Rachel is a forum veteran and must have expected this to happen, especially with such a possibility-laden topic. She just pretends to be sweet and innocent (well, most of the time :wink: )

Um, excuse me, Graham ... "pretends"? Me???

Oh, and it really honestly was a genuine enquiry - which I still haven't decided on ... Though I guess I would end up using the mattress more than Marc, so perhaps not. At least I wouldn't steal his socks!

I may get him some dance videos or something marginally more exciting. But I can't buy him music since he's into techno/trance/hardcore (?) .... Does that mean anything to anyone here? 'Fraid I'm still stuck in a time warp with the Stones and Bob Dylan. The most adventurous I get is Radiohead and Coldplay.

Anyway, Alexs seems to be an expert in matters of massage, so I'll note her suggestions (thanks, Alexs!).

Oh, on a completely different subject (it's my thread, so I'm allowed - yes?), I've had sad news - I so nearly got to come up to Scotland for the week of 14th July. Working in Glasgow, Dundee and Perth. I'd got all excited and was checking out maps of all the Ceroc venues ...

But now everything's changed - I'm needed to go to Cornwall and Dorset next week instead. Which wouldn't be such a bad substitute, but the work's arranged for the evenings, so I won't even get out dancing at all!

Never mind - we'll make it up to Scotland somehow, sometime soon ....
Rachel

xSalsa_Angelx
2nd-July-2003, 10:21 AM
Rach,
Am also stuck with the problem of what to get my boyfriend for his birthday, he's fussy.
First he wants a DVD Player, Then a Didgital Camera, then a Didgy Box Cable thing..!!!
Worse than a kid at Xmas time..!!!

Got a great CD yesterday if you are stuck for Music to buy,

Its called Clubbers Guide Summer 2003 by Ministry of Sound, If he likes Techno/ Hardcore etc he will love this CD. :D

Rachel
2nd-July-2003, 10:28 AM
Rach,
Am also stuck with the problem of what to get my boyfriend for his birthday, he's fussy.
First he wants a DVD Player, Then a Didgital Camera, then a Didgy Box Cable thing..!!!
Worse than a kid at Xmas time..!!!

Got a great CD yesterday if you are stuck for Music to buy,

Its called Clubbers Guide Summer 2003 by Ministry of Sound, If he likes Techno/ Hardcore etc he will love this CD. :D

Yours sounds expensive!!!

That CD sounds very potential-ful (um?) - yes, I think I might get that. Great!

Rachel

PS. So sorry Aleks - just realised I've been spelling your name wrong.

(Must get off the forum today - I'm sure I was planning to have a productive day's work ...)

Graham
2nd-July-2003, 10:33 AM
Its called Clubbers Guide Summer 2003 by Ministry of Sound, If he likes Techno/ Hardcore etc he will love this CD. :D Rachel - saw it advertised on TV, and xSAx is right, but the down side is you will hate it, so only get it if he's going to play it somewhere you're not!

Digital cameras, massage mattresses, etc - you guys seem to be spending a lot on your men!

xSalsa_Angelx
2nd-July-2003, 10:38 AM
Yep Graham, my fave song on it is LOVE INC - Broken Bones
Do you think anyone will be able to Ceroc to that one?? Hehehe

Yep spending loadsa money on the men, have to keep them sweet, especially when he is buying a house for us soon.. :D

But mind you he's happy enough with his £5 night out on friday night for the salsa event... :rofl: :cheers: