PDA

View Full Version : Another Charity Dance: Tour de Dance, 23/June/07

Cruella
14th-February-2007, 10:53 AM
Could those of you that attended my charity dance last year The Polar Freezestyle (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7461&highlight=polar+freezestyle) please give me some help with a decision. :flower:
My husband is again involved in a fundraiser for Macmillans. This time he's riding a bicycle from London to Paris (less dangerous than the North Pole trip, thank god). He has asked if i'll put on another freestyle to raise money. :sick: I would like to get some feed back on whether it would be worth all the effort. If I got top DJs again, same venue at Daventry, possibly in May (avoiding clashing with Blaze naturally). How many of you would be willing to travel there again? Any ideas as to how to make it better? etc

David Bailey
14th-February-2007, 11:09 AM
Sounds good - I might even go along again, Oop North though it be. Just don't auction me off again :eek:

I would like to get some feed back on whether it would be worth all the effort.
It'd be worth it for me, but then I'm not doing any work for it :)

Any ideas as to how to make it better? etc
The dance auctions were a bit of a flop - nice idea I think, but they didn't work out for some reason. So either re-think how to do them (pre-booking?) or drop them and replace with something else.

Failing that, you could sell off private mini-classes / 1-2-1 feedback sessions, if you could get teachers to volunteer? For example, £10 for a 15-minute "blues style" class with Marc, or something like that. I'll volunteer my services for "Grumpy dancing" workshops :)

If you want a "theme", you could have "France" I guess, but everyone does themes nowdays.

2 rooms would be nice, if you think you can fill them of course...

Cruella
14th-February-2007, 11:32 AM
The dance auctions were a bit of a flop - nice idea I think, but they didn't work out for some reason.I think maybe they didn't work because people thought they would have to dance in front of an audience. Think i'll drop this idea though.

Failing that, you could sell off private mini-classes / 1-2-1 feedback sessions, if you could get teachers to volunteer? For example, £10 for a 15-minute "blues style" class with Marc, Nice idea, but I personally don't think it would work because of lack of space and also it would mean missing 15 minutes of the luscious music to freestyle to.

If you want a "theme", you could have "France" I guess, but everyone does themes nowdays. That was my plan for the naming and decor. I guess everyone could eat Garlic before they arrived! :rolleyes:

2 rooms would be nice, if you think you can fill them of course...
I'd like to keep it to the one room, as i think the Saxon Suite has a certain 'Je nes se quois' about it. I really don't think my nerves would take the pressure of trying to fill the big room either.:sick:

robd
14th-February-2007, 11:33 AM
I'll give you a charity dance any time you want one Di :flower:

TheTramp
14th-February-2007, 11:34 AM

I rather thought that it was the other way around! :flower:

Cruella
14th-February-2007, 11:55 AM

It'll have to be on a day i'm feeling generous then.:whistle:

Cruella
14th-February-2007, 02:33 PM
Venues not available in May. :( So penciled in a possible date of 28th April. Can't see any obvious clashes at present. :sick:

David Bailey
14th-February-2007, 03:01 PM
Venues not available in May. :( So penciled in a possible date of 28th April. Can't see any obvious clashes at present. :sick:

Camber's on that weekend, I believe - http://www.jivetime.co.uk/page6.html

Also, I think the Ceroc Chanps are on that Sunday (30th) - that may, or may not, be a good thing for your event.

Cruella
14th-February-2007, 03:09 PM
Camber's on that weekend, I believe - http://www.jivetime.co.uk/page6.html

Also, I think the Ceroc Chanps are on that Sunday (30th) - that may, or may not, be a good thing for your event.

I think the champs are the following weekend. The bank holiday one. Can anyone verify this?

Jamie
14th-February-2007, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I'll go! :D

Tiggerbabe
14th-February-2007, 03:45 PM
I think the champs are the following weekend. The bank holiday one. Can anyone verify this?
I thought they were on the 6th May, too.

TheTramp
14th-February-2007, 03:48 PM
According to the Ceroc website, they are on the 6th....

Achaeco
14th-February-2007, 04:29 PM
According to the Ceroc website, they are on the 6th....

Agreed. 6th may 2007 at the troxy night club. Goooooood venue.
DT would like it, it has a balcony:wink:

Cruella
14th-February-2007, 04:32 PM
OK, i think we've established it won't clash with the champs :D
Any thoughts on a name with a French theme? Where are you Caro?

David Bailey
14th-February-2007, 05:24 PM
Yes, you're right - I remember telling you that a few weeks ago, duh... :blush:

That'll teach me to trust modernjive.com :rolleyes:

Le Roc? :whistle:
Le Jive Night? :grin:

fletch
14th-February-2007, 05:34 PM
OK, i think we've established it won't clash with the champs :D

ooooo lala!

do we have to do french, :wink: i could try with a Brumie acent :na:

Cruella
14th-February-2007, 05:35 PM
It's totally irrelevant now! The venue rang to say that it is actually already booked for that date. :angry: This is why i questioned doing it again, it's never straight forward. So now it's looking like the 16th June (23rd as a back up) Go on someone tell me a reason not to do it on that date. :rolleyes:

fletch
14th-February-2007, 05:43 PM
So now it's looking like the 16th June (23rd as a back up) Go on someone tell me a reason not to do it on that date. :rolleyes:

I can do the 16th but its the Pwllheli weekender for me on the 22-24th June

:flower:

just noticed its the Monster Jive on the 16th in Derby

David Bailey
14th-February-2007, 05:46 PM
Go on someone tell me a reason not to do it on that date. :rolleyes:
Well, I can't spot any clashes... Mid-June may actually be a good time, there's not many weekenders on in summer.

Of course, we'll all whinge about how hot it is :)

TheTramp
14th-February-2007, 05:53 PM
Go on someone tell me a reason not to do it on that date. :rolleyes:

Cos I'll be in Christchurch!! :tears:

David Bailey
14th-February-2007, 05:54 PM
Cos I'll be in Christchurch!! :tears:
:whistle:

Cruella
14th-February-2007, 05:56 PM
I just noticed its the Monster Jive on the 16th in Derby

Pants!

jacksondonut
14th-February-2007, 06:24 PM
Count me in Cruella... I had a wonderful time last year..:respect: :flower:

:clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers:

Caro
14th-February-2007, 08:12 PM

here :D . Any clue for your theme? do you want something cycling-related?

Cruella
14th-February-2007, 08:29 PM
here :D . Any clue for your theme? do you want something cycling-related?

French, cycling, dance linked, a play on words as I did with the Polar Freezestyle, Get it?
I've booked the venue now for the 23rd June! No turning back :sick:

Sheepman
14th-February-2007, 08:38 PM
I've voted Maybe, but only because it depends on the dates, I'll be there if I can, the last couple of weekends in July look good right now... :whistle:

Greg

David Bailey
14th-February-2007, 08:39 PM
French, cycling, dance linked, a play on words as I did with the Polar Freezestyle, Get it?
Le Retour de France?

I've booked the venue now for the 23rd June! No turning back :sick:
:clap: Well done!

Tiggerbabe
14th-February-2007, 11:39 PM
Sorry Cruella, but on the 23rd June, I'll be dj-ing at the Hafan weekender in Pwllheli (sp?) as will Oxo, Marc, Rob A, John Baker and more.....

TheTramp
15th-February-2007, 12:03 AM
Pwllheli (sp?)

Pwllheli

I'll teach you how to pronounce it as well on Friday night :D

Tiggerbabe
15th-February-2007, 12:11 AM
Same way as I spelled it then :na:

Dance Demon
15th-February-2007, 12:20 AM
Sorry Cruella, but on the 23rd June, I'll be dj-ing at the Hafan weekender in Pwllheli (sp?) as will Oxo, Marc, Rob A, John Baker and more.....

Been to a few Party weekenders at that Camp.........Helluva place to get to....Daventry's a lot easier to get to......Some good DJs too so I've heard:whistle:

TheTramp
15th-February-2007, 12:23 AM
Same way as I spelled it then :na:

Apart from I put in the double L, while you only had 1 in there...

Apart from that, it was the same, yes

Caro
15th-February-2007, 12:26 AM

Le Retour de France?

That's actually excellent...:worthy: But I feel really useless now. :sad:
Thanks DJ :rolleyes:

Tiggerbabe
15th-February-2007, 12:29 AM
Apart from I put in the double L, while you only had 1 in there...

Apart from that, it was the same, yes
Nah! :whistle:, you must be dreaming :hug:

TheTramp
15th-February-2007, 12:33 AM
Nah! :whistle:, you must be dreaming :hug:

Maybe. Except that you forgot to change the one in John's quote too!

Franck. Moderator exceeding her powers...... Report post! :really:

Cruella
15th-February-2007, 10:27 AM
OK, I can announce that my 1st DJ confirmed is Dance Demon :clap: I am waiting confirmation from the others but will announce them as soon as possible.

For any scots that are thinking of coming down, we got flights for £50 return. :waycool: Pays to book early!

Cruella
15th-February-2007, 10:31 AM
Been to a few Party weekenders at that Camp.........Helluva place to get to....Daventry's a lot easier to get to......Some good DJs too so I've heard:whistle:

I have been for a weekender there too. I'm confused, as it wasn't a Ceroc run weekender then, how comes all the DJ's are Ceroc ones then?

Tiggerbabe
15th-February-2007, 10:38 AM
It is a Ceroc Weekender, see here (www.cerocmidlands.co.uk/hafan.htm) for details. I've got the address all typed in my satnav so I'm sure I'll find it ok.

Cruella
15th-February-2007, 10:56 AM
Ah, I was looking on the main Ceroc site. Oh well, shame to clash but it seems whatever weekend I pick I would clash with something! :sick:
Can I hijack my thread back now :D and say I have decided to gender balance the charity dance.
So Stewart 38, you best tell your ladies that they have 4 months to book. :wink:

Forumites can PM me any email addresses if you want info sent out nearer the time. :flower:

Sparkles
15th-February-2007, 11:12 AM
For anyone who didn't go to the Polar freezestyle organised by Cruella at Daventry last year I can tell you that it was a brilliant night with fab DJs a great atmosphere and it helped to raise lots of money for charity.
I can't think of a reason not to be there!
:worthy:
Good luck with it Di :flower:

Cruella
15th-February-2007, 11:28 AM
Thanks Sarah :flower:
Now i've been tossing and turning half the night trying to think of a name!
Dance to France
La danse en France
Freestyle Francais
French Freestyle
(DJs) Le Retour du France

Any others?

robd
15th-February-2007, 11:46 AM
Now i've been tossing and turning half the night trying to think of a name!

Any others?

C'est La Roc ? :devil:

Je veux votre argent pour une bonne cause s'il vous plait. :nice:

Dansons! :D

Économiser la danse de rire pour moi :flower:

Yes, google translate helped my poor memory :innocent:

Cruella
15th-February-2007, 11:54 AM
Je veux votre argent pour une bonne cause s'il vous plait. :nice: I want your silver for a good reason please. :confused:

Dansons Daventry. Could Work.

Economize the dance of laugh for me. You trying to say I laugh too much? :whistle:

How about, Tour de Dance!

robd
15th-February-2007, 11:56 AM
Je veux votre argent pour une bonne cause s'il vous plait. :nice:
I want your money for a good cause please.
Let's dance!
Save the laugh dance for me

Cruella
15th-February-2007, 12:17 PM
We're obviously using different translaters! :rofl:

Cruella
15th-February-2007, 01:27 PM
Seksi dancewear have agreed to setting up a stall now. :clap: Hopefully with a few shoes on. :rolleyes:
Thank you Lucy Locket. :flower:

Cruella
15th-February-2007, 05:42 PM
I can now confirm my second DJ for the night. Some of you may have heard of him. :wink: Foxy also known as Vince 'Silverfox' Silva! For those who have been holidaying on the moon for the last few months :wink: Foxy is one of the founder members of the Utopia Team and DJ's along with Rocky at their Twickenham venue.

fletch
15th-February-2007, 06:03 PM

I'm also booked in to Pwllheli :sick: I missed the last one due to a weekender in Glouchester :tears:

Caro
15th-February-2007, 07:00 PM
Dance to France
La danse en France
Freestyle Francais
French Freestyle
(DJs) Le Retour de France

Any others?

Mouille ton maillot jaune pour la bonne cause... (wet - as in produce sweat- your yellow shirt for a good cause - i.e. yellow theme party / yellow being the shirt of the tour de france winner too).

Dansons... Ã* bicyclette! (there's a famous old french song called 'a bicyclette')

How about, Tour de Dance!

I like it... although really if you want something that includes dancing, cycling and france, I don't think you can beat 'Le retour de France'...

Icey
15th-February-2007, 08:21 PM
Is there a cheapo travel lodge nearby?

fletch
15th-February-2007, 09:08 PM
Is there a cheapo travel lodge nearby?

isn't Di putting every one up :confused:

:rofl:

Sparkles
16th-February-2007, 12:40 AM
isn't Di putting every one up :confused:

Funnily enough that's exactly what I said to her :rolleyes: - looks like it's all round to Di's for the after party then :cool: :na:

Spin dryer
16th-February-2007, 02:10 AM
The Polar Freezestyle in 2006 was definitely one of the best nights of the year. Good luck with the next one.

Cruella
16th-February-2007, 10:20 AM
Funnily enough that's exactly what I said to her :rolleyes: - looks like it's all round to Di's for the after party then :cool: :na:

:sick:
I've no doubt there will be a few bodies scattered around my house that night! Unfortunately I can't fit in all 200 though! There is a Travelodge at Dunchurch which is about 15 minute drive from the venue. I'll look to see if there is anything nearer and let you know.
I've decided to go with the name, TOUR DE DANCE

robd
16th-February-2007, 10:34 AM
I can now confirm my second DJ for the night. Some of you may have heard of him. :wink: Foxy also known as Vince 'Silverfox' Silva!

With the pied piper on the decks you've got no problem attracting the female dancers then :whistle:

What can you offer the men who might be thinking of going??????

Sparkles
16th-February-2007, 10:38 AM

Is this where you tell them that Lisa :worthy: will be coming down for the event...?

Cruella
16th-February-2007, 11:35 AM
Is this where you tell them that Lisa :worthy: will be coming down for the event...?

Well she came to the last one! :wink:

Cruella
16th-February-2007, 11:35 AM
With the pied piper on the decks you've got no problem attracting the female dancers then :whistle:

The leftovers. :whistle:

Cruella
16th-February-2007, 11:45 AM
There is a Travelodge at Dunchurch which is about 15 minute drive from the venue. I'll look to see if there is anything nearer and let you know.

OK, there is the Travelodge in Northampton (https://www.travelodge.co.uk/make_a_booking/availability.php?hotel_id=159&doa_dd=23&doa_mm=06-2007&stay_len=1&check_from=saver_search&promo_price=39)which is just under 10 miles away for £39
Or the one in Kettering (https://www.travelodge.co.uk/make_a_booking/availability.php?hotel_id=138&doa_dd=23&doa_mm=06-2007&stay_len=1&check_from=saver_search&promo_price=15)which is 20 miles away for £15
These offers do go quickly though.
I'm sure there are some forumites that have stayed up near Daventry for the big ceroc dances, so maybe they will know of B&Bs nearer.

Northants Girly
16th-February-2007, 12:15 PM
Laterooms.com (http://www.laterooms.com/) is good

There is also a Premier Travelodge (http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/home.do?rw.cm=,PPC) and a pub (Heart of England) in Weedon which is inbetween Daventry and J16 of the M1

David Bailey
16th-February-2007, 09:24 PM
TOUR DE DANCE
Excellent name :clap:

Want me to change the thread title appropriately?

Dance Demon
17th-February-2007, 03:17 AM
:sick:
I
I've decided to go with the name, TOUR DE DANCE

Hmmm....maybe I'll get a " TOUR DE DANCE DEMON" T Shirt :clap: :clap: :D

DianaS
17th-February-2007, 05:37 PM
Cruella thats a really lovely idea - the last one was brill so I'm defineatly in for it!
I was wondering if its possible to have a photo shoot with the very talented Alec if he's available. Its great fun, people have something really cool to remember it by and a donation could go to charity. The photos could be print and go, or buy off the website. The second option I prefer cas then I get the digital image and can mess with it

Another option is cake and coffee at 12. Its something that rock bottoms does very well the "Snak Shack" but perhaps the venue could be persuaded to give it a whirl and make a dnonation out of the profits (We are all starving by then!)

In any case bright ideas aside Its FANTASTIC that you are up to do it again

Cruella
19th-February-2007, 03:15 PM
I was wondering if its possible to have a photo shoot with the very talented Alec
Funny you should say that. Alec has already offered to take photos of the evening. :clap:

Paul F
19th-February-2007, 03:26 PM
I would definitely be up for this. I really enjoyed the Polar event.

Anything I can do to help, just let me know. :cheers:

Cruella
28th-February-2007, 09:34 AM
My third DJ is now confirmed :clap:
So all together, on the decks we have:

Tessalicious, Silverfox and Dance Demon

A fab forumite line up! :D

David Bailey
28th-February-2007, 09:39 AM
Well, I'm convinced.

Cruella
28th-February-2007, 09:44 AM
Well, I'm convinced.

You'll have no choice as your husband will be there! :wink:

David Bailey
28th-February-2007, 09:50 AM
You'll have no choice as your husband will be there! :wink:
You're not making yourself any friends here, you know...

Cruella
28th-February-2007, 09:54 AM
You're not making yourself any friends here, you know...

I'm more concerned with trying to make money for Macmillans :na:

David Bailey
28th-February-2007, 09:54 AM
Well that's nice.

OXO'S
12th-March-2007, 07:56 PM
It's totally irrelevant now! The venue rang to say that it is actually already booked for that date. :angry: This is why i questioned doing it again, it's never straight forward. So now it's looking like the 16th June (23rd as a back up) Go on someone tell me a reason not to do it on that date. :rolleyes:

Di wont behable to make it to charity dance,sounds as if its gonna be a good night. I am more than willing to donate raffle prize say BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE, so come on guys & gals lets put up a bloody good raffle in our absence for CRUELLLA and her event.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Little Monkey
12th-March-2007, 08:06 PM
I've voted Maybe, but only because it depends on the dates, I'll be there if I can, the last couple of weekends in July look good right now... :whistle:

Greg

You can change your vote now, then. Wedding that weekend.:rolleyes:

Oh, and someone's birthday, too! :whistle:

Dance Demon
14th-March-2007, 11:44 AM
Di wont behable to make it to charity dance,sounds as if its gonna be a good night. I am more than willing to donate raffle prize say BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE, so come on guys & gals lets put up a bloody good raffle in our absence for CRUELLLA and her event.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sorry you won't be there mate, always look forward to seeing you on my visits south of Hadrian's wall. great sentiments though...c'mon guys get those donations in:clap: ........How's ticket sales goin' Cruella?..

Cruella
14th-March-2007, 01:22 PM
Tickets were printed yesterday.:clap: So i'll have them on me, whenever i'm at a dance. The people that have emailed, PM'd me requesting tickets, can either send me a cheque in the post or wait til I see them at a venue. I'll be forwarding my address to you today. :flower:

Thank you OXO for the raffle prize donation. Although I would rather of had you there. :hug:

robd
14th-March-2007, 01:25 PM
Do you recognise this fella Cruella? :waycool:

Cruella
14th-March-2007, 01:28 PM
Is he one of the Ten?

OXO'S
14th-March-2007, 06:33 PM
Tickets were printed yesterday.:clap: So i'll have them on me, whenever i'm at a dance. The people that have emailed, PM'd me requesting tickets, can either send me a cheque in the post or wait til I see them at a venue. I'll be forwarding my address to you today. :flower:

Thank you OXO for the raffle prize donation. Although I would rather of had you there. :hug:Come on guys girls those who cant make CRUELLAS event lets GET THIS raffle going i am donating CHAMPAGNE GOOD STUFF, post what you are able to donate or pm DI, :clap: :clap:
RAFFLE DONATIONS

fletch
14th-March-2007, 06:53 PM
, :clap: :clap:
RAFFLE DONATIONS

I have some stuff you can raffle, i'll sort it out and get it over to you Di :flower:

Cruella
14th-March-2007, 07:05 PM
I have some stuff you can raffle, i'll sort it out and get it over to you Di :flower:

Thanks guys. :kiss:

johnah
15th-March-2007, 02:29 PM

Isn't this what Moderator's have been calling advertising?

johnah
15th-March-2007, 02:44 PM
Come on guys girls those who cant make CRUELLAS event lets GET THIS raffle going i am donating CHAMPAGNE GOOD STUFF, post what you are able to donate or pm DI, :clap: :clap:
RAFFLE DONATIONS

Shame you can't be there OXO. Missed the last one, in Spain I think, but will be supporting Di this time around and am getting a group of us together. And, as you've touched my conscience further, Wes & I will donate an apartment for 4 at Southport in September to be auctioned/raffled off. It's such a worthy cause to support, as I know from personal experience.

PS: I hope this is not considered advertising?

Freya
15th-March-2007, 05:08 PM
I might be going!!!! :clap: It'll depend on the logistics of it all, places to stay, flights, travel etc etc!

Anyother Scots planning on going down...Apart from DD obviously!

Freya xXx

OXO'S
15th-March-2007, 06:08 PM
Shame you can't be there OXO. Missed the last one, in Spain I think, but will be supporting Di this time around and am getting a group of us together. And, as you've touched my conscience further, Wes & I will donate an apartment for 4 at Southport in September to be auctioned/raffled off. It's such a worthy cause to support, as I know from personal experience.

PS: I hope this is not considered advertising?Yes john i think we all have experienced this in our lifes, and its so important for us all to put something back no matter what it is.
Thats fantastic what you have donated there john & wes i am sure that will create alot of interest on the night.
See you at blackpool then:worthy: :worthy:

OXO'S
15th-March-2007, 06:23 PM

PS: I hope this is not considered advertising?Calling all DJS where ever you are can i ask you all to donate a raffle prize for DI and her charity dance,donate by thread or pm DI.
DJS PLEASE DONATE A RAFFLE PRIZE

Cruella
15th-March-2007, 08:15 PM
Yes john i think we all have experienced this in our lifes,
Unfortunately I don't think anyone can escape being touched by Cancer in some way or another.
My dad has terminal cancer therefore I know how it can effect anyone at any time. :flower:

, Wes & I will donate an apartment for 4 at Southport in September to be auctioned/raffled off. It's such a worthy cause to support, as I know from personal experience.

Wow, what a generous gesture.:worthy: :clap: I can't thank you both enough. :kiss:
We think maybe the best way to raise money on this, is not to add it to the raffle on the night. We are thinking of opening a Just Giving account. All the people that donate a minimum of £5 will be put through to the draw, with others that buy £5 raffle tickets with their ticket orders or on the night. I'll post details of the Just Giving site once we have it up and running.

fletch
15th-March-2007, 08:34 PM
Wes & I will donate an apartment for 4 at Southport in September to be auctioned/raffled off. It's such a worthy cause to support, as I know from personal experience.

PS: I hope this is not considered advertising?
WOW!

:worthy: :respect: :worthy: :respect: :respect: :worthy: :respect:

Advertising ? don't see how :confused: :rolleyes:

what a lovely gesture :hug:

We think maybe the best way to raise money on this, is not to add it to the raffle on the night. We are thinking of opening a Just Giving account. All the people that donate a minimum of £5 will be put through to the draw, with others that buy £5 raffle tickets with their ticket orders or on the night. I'll post details of the Just Giving site once we have it up and running.

I have been having a root, made my prizes look a bit :sick:

you will have to let us (the people that carn't go) know who we can get raffle tickets :cheers:

Rhythm King
15th-March-2007, 10:19 PM
I really enjoyed last year's event. I'll make every effort to be there, trips permitting :waycool:

Cruella
15th-March-2007, 10:48 PM
Justgiving - Tour de Dance (http://www.justgiving.com/tourdedance)
OK, i've set up the Just Giving page. :clap:
So for anyone who wants to be in with a chance of winning the apartment for 4 people at Southport in September, you need to go on and donate £5 for each entry to the draw. Alternatively you can enter the draw by sending monies with your ticket orders or by purchasing draw entry tickets on the night.
Good luck everyone! :hug:

Tiggerbabe
15th-March-2007, 11:43 PM
Site is down at the moment, so you can't donate :tears: Had the same problem trying to give money to Divisima :eek:

Caro
16th-March-2007, 12:32 AM
I might be going!!!! :clap: It'll depend on the logistics of it all, places to stay, flights, travel etc etc!

Anyother Scots *or French, ahem* planning on going down...

well a bit of chatting and a few clicks on BMIbaby.com later....

Freya and I are coming !!!! :clap:

I think we're crazy though :eek: :whistle: :rofl:

Just needs to sort out logistics from Birmingham to evesham on friday and then going to daventry and back to Birmingham... piece of cake, that... :rolleyes:

and hey... That'll be our first Utopia night!!!! oooh oooh we won't be utopia virgins anymore :innocent:

Freya
16th-March-2007, 12:49 AM
Freya and I are coming !!!! :clap:

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!

I think we're crazy though :eek: :whistle: :rofl: Definately...Definately Crazy!!! :whistle: :eek:

and hey... That'll be our first Utopia night!!!! oooh oooh we won't be utopia virgins anymore :innocent:

:whistle: :innocent:

Cruella
16th-March-2007, 01:42 PM
Site is down at the moment, so you can't donate :tears: Had the same problem trying to give money to Divisima :eek:

It's back up and working now. :D

Lynn
16th-March-2007, 04:34 PM
We think maybe the best way to raise money on this, is not to add it to the raffle on the night. We are thinking of opening a Just Giving account. All the people that donate a minimum of £5 will be put through to the draw, with others that buy £5 raffle tickets with their ticket orders or on the night. I'll post details of the Just Giving site once we have it up and running.What a great idea, so even if you can't make it along on the evening (some of live a little too far away!) you can still contribute.

Cruella
19th-March-2007, 10:18 PM
Ticket update, 15% Male and 22% Female tickets have been sold.:D

CJ
20th-March-2007, 11:02 AM
raffle prize sorted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wink: :whistle: :rofl:

Cruella
20th-March-2007, 01:15 PM
raffle prize sorted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wink: :whistle: :rofl:

I'll leave it to you to post the details CJ. :wink:

Cruella
21st-March-2007, 10:19 PM
I'll be at Ashtons this friday. I'll have tickets for the TDD with me. :D

WittyBird
24th-March-2007, 01:21 PM
I'll be at Ashtons this friday. I'll have tickets for the TDD with me. :D

How many did you sell last night then? Glad I got mine already no doubt it will be another sell out.

But I can confirm that your puppy will not be making an appearance this time :wink:

C'mon people put your hands in your pockets this is such a good cause :D

Cruella
26th-March-2007, 11:42 AM
It's back up and working now. :D

:whistle: cough cough. Shall i say it a bit louder?
IT'S BACK UP AND WORKING NOW!

Cruella
27th-March-2007, 12:19 PM
:D Shouting obviously works. Had the first donations in today. :clap:

Cruella
27th-March-2007, 07:57 PM
We've had a donation from a Ruth Lock on the Just Giving page. Unfortunately Ruth has forgotten to tick the box to allow us to see her email address. So if you are on here Ruth, or anyone knows her could they please pass on her email to me so we can enter her into the draw. Thank you. :flower:

Dance Demon
27th-March-2007, 09:21 PM
We've had a donation from a Ruth Lock on the Just Giving page. Unfortunately Ruth has forgotten to tick the box to allow us to see her email address. So if you are on here Ruth, or anyone knows her could they please pass on her email to me so we can enter her into the draw. Thank you. :flower:

PM on it's way to you Di..........she's one of my crew:)

Cruella
29th-March-2007, 12:21 PM
Thanks DD and also thank you Franck :flower: :kiss: :wink:
I'll have tickets with me at daventry tonight. I have now sold 1/4 of them. :D

Cruella
2nd-April-2007, 12:20 PM
The donations are nearly £100 on the Just Giving site. (just one more needed :whistle: )
We have now also been offered another 'package' for the raffle on the night. :clap: I'll post details when they have been finalised.

straycat
2nd-April-2007, 01:37 PM
Hope you don't mind my making a little suggestion. Whenever I've looked at your signature, I've read the PMS remark, chuckled, then completely failed to register the link underneath it - this actually had to be pointed out to me (now it has been, I'll go donate)

Maybe you could rework your sig a little so that the link stood out more than the PMS comment? Just until after the event, anyways...

Cruella
2nd-April-2007, 01:42 PM
Hope you don't mind my making a little suggestion. Whenever I've looked at your signature, I've read the PMS remark, chuckled, then completely failed to register the link underneath it - this actually had to be pointed out to me (now it has been, I'll go donate)

Maybe you could rework your sig a little so that the link stood out more than the PMS comment? Just until after the event, anyways...

Thanks Andy, thats really helpful. :flower: I'll change it and hopefully the draw entries/donations will flood in. :D

Sheepman
2nd-April-2007, 02:47 PM
I can't make the Tour de Dance (I'm already booked for a birthday party.) So I decided to contribute a prize to the raffle - (well I hope someone will want it!) -

One night's/afternoon's free DJing from yours truly (with equipment and lighting if required) for a dance event or private party.

(just a couple of items in the small print - If it's more than 100 miles from home I'll want a fuel contribution, and the prize must be used before 30th December 2009.)

Greg

Cruella
2nd-April-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks Greg,:flower: I'm sure the winner will find a use for you within the next 2 years! A birthday party, wedding, charity dance.........or even just a 'for the hell of it' party! :D

There are so many generous dancers out there.
Raffle prize donations are so far:
A 'package' for the Blackpool comp next March. (waiting for the final details)
A night of Greg (Sheepmans) DJing services, including equipment.
A pair of Utopia VIP tickets.
Seksi Dancewear Voucher.
A bottle of champagne.

As well as the donation of the Southport Chalet. (Being drawn seperately.)

Thank you everyone

Cruella
24th-April-2007, 08:10 AM
I was given a few small raffle prizes at Chill, but I forgot to pick them up :blush: :tears: If anyone that was at Chill (pub on sun afternoon) found two bags containing toiletries could they PM me. Thanks.

Cruella
1st-May-2007, 08:16 AM
An obscure request I know, does anyone have any large French Flags they can lend me?

Cruella
2nd-May-2007, 08:50 PM
The donations are nearly £100 on the Just Giving site. (just one more needed :whistle: )

Just hit £200 :clap:

WittyBird
4th-May-2007, 08:47 AM
Just hit £200 :clap:

Thats fabulous news matey :D

DavidY
5th-May-2007, 12:21 PM
Just hit £200Sooo... let me get this straight..

We have a really generous prize of a weekend for 4 in Southport, and September Southport places will probably be like hen's teeth by the 23rd of June (last year it was "men-only" bookings at that stage).

But the odds of winning that prize are currently looking really good - if I put a fiver in now, at this moment I have a 1 in 41 chance of winning something worth £400 (which are pretty good odds for a raffle).

It's a good prize and a good cause, so I think lots more people should put their hands in their pockets and hand over their fivers! :flower:
(Then you can reduce my chances of winning. :devil:)

SnowWhite
5th-May-2007, 03:12 PM
It's a good prize and a good cause, so I think lots more people should put their hands in their pockets and hand over their fivers! :flower:
(Then you can reduce my chances of winning. :devil:)

:yeah:

WittyBird
7th-May-2007, 03:14 PM
Sooo... let me get this straight..

We have a really generous prize{snip}

So what are the prizes so far then Cruella?

Cruella
7th-May-2007, 09:00 PM
So what are the prizes so far then Cruella?

See post 109 (I knew you never listened to a word I say :na: )
The details for the Blackpool Competition package will be posted by Achaeco soon I hope. Unfortunately the prizes Fletch donated, that I left at Chill were never found.:sad:

CJ
8th-May-2007, 08:39 PM
As agreed with Cruella.

"Slave For The Day."

Subject to travel, and agreed organisation, diaries, etc... the winning bid in a blind auction will win CJ's services for the day.

"The Day" will equate to anything between 4 & 8 hours, dependant on travel...

"Services" will equate to anything not illegal, or too dangerous!!!;) :whistle: Most things will be agreeable: ironing, cleaning, topless gardening, cooking/serving dinner, etc..
__________________________________________________ __

There will be a blind auction on the evening. Emails and PMs to Cruella will be accepted between midnight beginning Sat 16th June and midnight ending Fri 22nd June.

Cruella
9th-May-2007, 08:02 PM
There will be a blind auction on the evening. Emails and PMs to Cruella will be accepted between midnight beginning Sat 16th June and midnight ending Fri 22nd June.

Actually i'll accept emails from now! Give you people more time to think what you would like to do with CJ for a whole day. :wink:
For those that don't know (I was one of them), a blind auction is where people bid an amount they would like to pay. I will be the only one to know what everyone has bid and the highest one at the end of the allotted time period will win. Bids will be taken by email and PM up til Fri 22nd June. Then in person, on the night til around 10pm.

Yliander
9th-May-2007, 08:11 PM
"Services" will equate to anything not illegal, or too dangerous!!!;) :whistle: Most things will be agreeable: ironing, cleaning, topless gardening, cooking/serving dinner, etc..
what about paper work? :na: :wink:

Achaeco
14th-May-2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks Greg,:flower: I'm sure the winner will find a use for you within the next 2 years! A birthday party, wedding, charity dance.........or even just a 'for the hell of it' party! :D

There are so many generous dancers out there.
Raffle prize donations are so far:
A 'package' for the Blackpool comp next March. (waiting for the final details)
Seksi Dancewear Voucher.
A bottle of champagne.

As well as the donation of the Southport Chalet. (Being drawn seperately.)

Thank you everyone

Just finalsed.

Prize details are as follows

A free Weekender Place includes
Hotel Accommodation Friday & Saturday (Breakfast included)
Entrance to;
Buffet and Freestyle on Friday
Competition on Saturday
Tea Dance on Sunday

Value £129

Lucy Locket
15th-May-2007, 09:03 AM
Vouchers on the way:flower:

Cruella
15th-May-2007, 02:13 PM
Thankyou Lucy Locket and Achaeco.:flower:
Also would like to announce we have now hit the £500 target for the donations on the Just Giving site. Thank you to everyone that has donated so far and good luck! :kiss: Keep them coming guys!

Cruella
16th-May-2007, 06:36 PM
Yet another prize for the raffle!! This time from Jive Nation.

A pair of Jive Invasion Friday night party tickets for the July event. Prize Winners will have access to the VIP lounge and sundry benefits.

Cruella
16th-May-2007, 06:39 PM
So prizes for the raffle now are:

A 'package' for the Blackpool comp next March.
A pair of Jive Invasion, July, Friday night, party tickets.
Seksi Dancewear Voucher.
A bottle of champagne.
A bottle of whisky.

Blimey, at this rate everyone will win one!

WittyBird
22nd-May-2007, 09:25 PM
So prizes for the raffle now are:

A 'package' for the Blackpool comp next March.
A pair of Jive Invasion, July, Friday night, party tickets.
Seksi Dancewear Voucher.
A bottle of champagne.
A bottle of whisky.

Blimey, at this rate everyone will win one!

I don't know how you managed to get some of those prizes Di and to be honest I really don't wanna know, but congrats for doing it :waycool:

foxylady
23rd-May-2007, 02:42 PM
As agreed with Cruella.

"Slave For The Day."

Subject to travel, and agreed organisation, diaries, etc... the winning bid in a blind auction will win CJ's services for the day.

I could definitely do with a slave for the day !!
Who is thinking of bidding for CJ ? We need to whip this into a frenzy girls :wink:

Cruella
23rd-May-2007, 05:49 PM
I don't know how you managed to get some of those prizes Di and to be honest I really don't wanna know,
Friends in low places. Or is it high? :rolleyes: I get mixed up. :wink:

CJ
25th-May-2007, 02:58 PM
I could definitely do with a slave for the day !!
Who is thinking of bidding for CJ ? We need to whip this into a frenzy girls :wink:

I think U should let Foxylady win this....:whistle: :whistle:

Cruella
25th-May-2007, 06:53 PM
I think U should let Foxylady win this....:whistle: :whistle:

No problem!

As long as hers is the highest bid! :D

Cruella
30th-May-2007, 02:22 PM
The lovely Johnah has given me permission to sell my Tour De Dance tickets at Southport. So i'm hoping to get visits from lots of you forumites.:wink:

StokeBloke
6th-June-2007, 06:20 PM
The lovely Johnah has given me permission to sell my Tour De Dance tickets at Southport. So i'm hoping to get visits from lots of you forumites.:wink:
YEAH!! Twirlie Bird and I managed to bag ourselves a couple of tickets for Tour de Dance at Southport - we've not been dancing in Daventry before and we are both really looking forward to it now:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks Johnan

Cruella
8th-June-2007, 01:29 PM
Tonight i'll have tickets with me at Utopia (Ashtons). This is the last time i'll be in London before the event. I'll be at Derby next sat and possibly Oxford on the Friday. All other ticket requests need to be emailed or by phone.
Getting nervous and excited now!

Yliander
8th-June-2007, 01:41 PM
Anyone able to reccommend cheap/reasonable accomodation near by? :flower:

SilverFox
10th-June-2007, 02:41 PM
Anyone able to reccommend cheap/reasonable accomodation near by? :flower:Cruella's house?

Not sure that covers the 'reasonable' bit though...... :what:

Cruella
10th-June-2007, 02:46 PM
Cruella's house?

Not sure that covers the 'reasonable' bit though...... :what:

I can be very reasonable for the right person. But never cheap!

fletch
10th-June-2007, 03:12 PM
But never cheap!

:yeah: :respect:

Yliander
10th-June-2007, 09:30 PM
I can be very reasonable for the right person. But never cheap!any chance I'm a right person? :flower: :flower: :flower:

Cruella
11th-June-2007, 07:46 AM
any chance I'm a right person? :flower: :flower: :flower:

PM on it's way.

Cruella
11th-June-2007, 07:50 PM
Yet another prize for the raffle!
2 male and 2 female tickets for the Ceroc Splash (http://www.ceroc.com/splash/)event in Blackpool.:clap:

Sparkles
15th-June-2007, 11:22 AM
So many numbers I've lost track :what:...

How many sleeps till the TDD?
How much has been raised on the Just Giving site for the Southport weekender? - get your hands in your pockets people!
How many other raffel prizes are there?...
... and how many people have pondered over what they would do with a CJ slave :wink:

Should be a good one :clap: :cheers:

johnah
15th-June-2007, 02:28 PM
Should be a good one :clap: :cheers:

really looking forward to it and, it's for such a good cause too!

Hope you're getting good bids for Southport Di.

stewart38
15th-June-2007, 03:03 PM
Is it fully booked now ? :sad:

DD+
15th-June-2007, 04:07 PM
Di....can i buy a raffle ticket even if i cant come??:flower: I want to win a lovely prize too:wink:

Cruella
16th-June-2007, 01:01 PM
Is it fully booked now ? :sad:
Nope, you need to ring or PM me if you would like to reserve a ticket. :flower: There will be a limited amount of tickets on the door but once they have sold out then i'm afraid that's it, so i would suggest getting there early if you don't have one already.

Hope you're getting good bids for Southport Di. See for yourself Johnah. :D (Go to the justgiving page in my signature) So far we've had £560 donated. :clap:

Di....can i buy a raffle ticket even if i cant come??:flower: I want to win a lovely prize too:wink:

Oh DD+, You should have said last night I had them with me! Will you be at Derby tonight?
Alternatively can you get someone that is coming to buy them for you? Or send me a cheque?

johnah
16th-June-2007, 03:01 PM
See for yourself Johnah. :D (Go to the justgiving page in my signature) So far we've had £560 donated. :clap:

Wonderful, and if you'd like to sell raffle tickets tonight at Derby as well as admission tickets, you're more than welcome.:wink:

Cruella
16th-June-2007, 03:25 PM
Thank you. :flower:

Cruella
18th-June-2007, 08:53 AM
So many numbers I've lost track :what:...

How many sleeps till the TDD?
5 :sick:

How much has been raised on the Just Giving site for the Southport weekender? - get your hands in your pockets people!
£560

How many other raffel prizes are there?...

A 'package' for the C2D Blackpool competition.
(14th-15th March)

A night of Greg (Sheepman’s) DJing services,
including equipment.

Entry for 2 couples to Ceroc’s Splash event
in Blackpool.
2nd– 4th Nov 07

A pair of Jive Invasion, July, party tickets.

Seksi Dancewear Voucher. X 3
(£25. £10. £5.)

Dance DVDs x 5

A bottle of champagne.

A bottle of whisky. X 2

... and how many people have pondered over what they would do with a CJ slave :wink:
Don't know, but maybe they could use him for private dance lessons and DJing if nothing else comes to mind. :wink:

Cruella
19th-June-2007, 12:44 PM
As agreed with Cruella.

"Slave For The Day."

__________________________________________________ __

I want some more bids on CJ, surely i'm not the only one that can think of evil things to do to him for a day. :whistle: The bids so far, are from kind people I can't let them win! :rofl:

Cruella
19th-June-2007, 01:12 PM
Had PM's asking me to explain what a Blind Auction is.

You write a bid down (with contact details), it is put into a box with all the other bids. I will stop taking them at around 11.30pm on saturday night and look to see who has bid the most amount of money, they will win CJ for a day.
Any bids that are PM'd, texted, emailed to me prior to the night I will put in for you.
I hope this makes sense!

Cruella
20th-June-2007, 01:35 PM
£610 donated so far on the Just giving page to win the Southport Chalet.
Some of the donors don't want to be put into the draw so that's, 74 draw entries between just 20 people! That's still very good odds!

I'll be at WCS in Northampton tonight and Derby Utopia friday if anyone wants to get one of the remaining tickets. Alternatively you can reserve by phone, email, PM.

johnah
20th-June-2007, 01:41 PM
£610 donated so far on the Just giving page to win the Southport Chalet.
Some of the donors don't want to be put into the draw so that's, 74 draw entries between just 20 people! That's still very good odds!

:respect: :respect: :respect:

That's a wonderful sum for such a worthy cause.

Smiley Sue
21st-June-2007, 08:49 AM
Got my ticket from Cru last night:clap:

Looking forward to this one.
See you all there!
Sue:)

Caz
21st-June-2007, 05:02 PM
Got my ticket from Cru last night:clap:

Looking forward to this one.
See you all there!
Sue:)

:clap: c u there!!

:flower: :flower:

Freya
22nd-June-2007, 08:14 AM
Ooooh Getting excited!

Flight leaves at 6:30 to come down this evening! Can't wait to see everyone!

Still need to pack tho! What do I Bring??

Sounds like Cruella has put in loadsa Work :respect:

Wonder what the winner of CJ Will make him do??? :what:

Dance Demon
22nd-June-2007, 09:57 AM
Hey Freya...long time no see. Save me a dance:flower:

Rhythm King
22nd-June-2007, 09:57 AM
Wonder what the winner of CJ Will make him do??? :what:

Will has won CJ? - Already??? :confused:

stewart38
22nd-June-2007, 10:25 AM
Does anyone actually have the up to date post code for this leisure centre ?

when i use uk street map i get 'out of date' for

NN11 5AF

ive been before and use Sat Nav but it always seems to put me about a mile from the place :blush:

Cruella
22nd-June-2007, 10:43 AM
Does anyone actually have the up to date post code for this leisure centre ?

when i use uk street map i get 'out of date' for

NN11 5AF

ive been before and use Sat Nav but it always seems to put me about a mile from the place :blush:

Put the address into the sat nav instead
Lodge Road,
Daventry.

BeccaB
22nd-June-2007, 10:48 AM
It's sorted I'm coming down with some others from the North East, Looking forward to it :)
See everyone tomorrow night x

Freya
22nd-June-2007, 10:59 AM
Hey Freya...long time no see. Save me a dance:flower:Definately! :flower:

Will has won CJ? - Already??? :confused:
Ooops! Must be a gramatical error!

Cruella
23rd-June-2007, 08:55 AM
Oh my god! It's time! I do hope after 4 months of build up you all enjoy yourselves tonight.:sick: Any forumites that I haven't already met, please come and say 'Hi'. I'll be the gibbering wreck in the corner with my glass of wine.:rolleyes:
Make sure you all bring plenty of cash for the raffle, DWAS, Southport draw, CJ Auction and the shoe stall! We would like to make as much as possible on the night to add to the total so far.
Good luck to all the entrants to these.
Drive safely!
See you all tonight! :clap:

Cruella
23rd-June-2007, 09:20 AM
Directions from multimap. (I hope they are right):rolleyes:

Exit from M1 J16

At the roundabout, take the first exit onto A45
For 6.28 miles (10.11 km)

At the roundabout, take the third exit onto A425
For 0.36 miles (0.58 km)

At the roundabout, take the second exit onto A425
For 0.59 miles (0.95 km)

At the roundabout, take the first exit onto Abbey Street (B4036)
For 0.11 miles (0.18 km)

Arrive at your destination:

Saxon Suite
Daventry Leisure Centre
Lodge Road
Daventry
NN11 5AF

jacksondonut
23rd-June-2007, 01:29 PM
Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight..:hug:

WELL DONE CRUELLA... I am sure the evening will be a great success..:respect: :respect: :respect:

under par
23rd-June-2007, 06:38 PM
Hope you all have a great time tonight.:cheers:
So sad :sad: :sad: to be missing out this time..

Little Monkey
23rd-June-2007, 10:27 PM
Hope you all have a great time tonight.:cheers:
So sad :sad: :sad: to be missing out this time..

Me too....

It's my birthday, and I'd much rather be down there with all you lovely people dancing my little socks off, than at home by my pc...... Spent the day getting sopping wet walking around Edinburgh Castle with my niece and brother, who have both gone to bed already.... Wooo...:(

Hope you're all having a fab dance! :flower:

under par
24th-June-2007, 06:40 AM
Cruella .......... what did I win???? I do hope it was a weekend for 2 somewhere nice!!!

Please post soon and tell me what I've won.....:wink:

Rhythm King
24th-June-2007, 10:09 AM
I decided to wait for the post-shopping rush to die down and left later on. Didn't know the M1 was going to be closed, so had a nice 4 hour drive (well sit, mostly) to Junction 8 and home :angry: :tears:

I was told it was awful and full of horrible dancers and dreadful music and I didn't miss anything - or were people just trying to be kind to me and stop me feeling bad?... :sniff:

Hope you all had a fab time and raised lots of money. Oh well, there's always next year...

Missy D
24th-June-2007, 10:22 AM
I decided to wait for the post-shopping rush to die down and left later on. Didn't know the M1 was going to be closed, so had a nice 4 hour drive (well sit, mostly) to Junction 8 and home :angry: :tears:

Hey I was sat in that too! If I had of known we could have had a little dance on the hard shoulder in the rain.

Unfortunately for me I was dressed in the skimpiest Hawaiian outfit and had a coachful of teenages taking pics of me sat in my Fiesta. I felt a right fool, flowers in my hair, garlands and grass skirt:blush:

Double Trouble
24th-June-2007, 10:35 AM
Decided to go to Cruella's charity dance night, fairly last minute and I'm so glad i did.

All my favorite forumites were there and I had some fantastic dances...the best one being with Tessalicious, thanks hun:flower:

I put on my best winning smile for the dance with a stranger competition and got absolutely bleedin' nowhere:tears: Oh well, can't win every time.:D

A few forumites clubbed together to make sure we won the bid for CJ for the day. I look forward to seeing the you tube of CJ having his arse waxed:rofl: Don't worry CJ, I'm sure it wont take 8 hours.:what:

It pains me to say the next bit, but I'm gonna say it anyway.

Silver Fox...You started your DJ set with Frankie Beverley & Maze - Back in stride. That is one of my all time favorite tracks and an amazing track to dance to. You have an ear for music that I respect enormously, your set last night was spot on. Gav even asked me if I had secretly given you a play list and paid you to play it, as I couldn't have enjoyed it more if I had hand picked your set myself. More soul music please (SF..how about a soul night? and let me do an hour on the decks):flower:

Well done Cruella. I hope you managed to relax and enjoy your night. How much did we raise in the end?

Lory
24th-June-2007, 12:34 PM
Decided to go to Cruella's charity dance night, fairly last minute and I'm so glad i did. I wasn't going to go :sad: then I was :clap: then I wasn't :sad: then I had an SOS call from a fellow forumite needing for a lift, so I jumped into gear and got ready in half an hour and like you....... I'M SOOOO GLAD I DID! :yeah:

It was probably one of my best freestyle nights ever :clap: Thanks Cruella and well done! :cheers:

I put on my best winning smile for the dance with a stranger competition and got absolutely bleedin' nowhere:tears: Oh well, can't win every time.:D Yes but didn't Spikey blonde and Jamie do well! :worthy: :hug:

Silver Fox...You started your DJ set with Frankie Beverley & Maze - Back in stride. That is one of my all time favorite tracks and an amazing track to dance to. He played some of my all time favourites too..:respect:

In fact, ALL the music, ALL night long was superb! :drool:

I heard so many people saying they'd had some of their best dances ever with different people and I did too! :clap:

You all did brilliantly!:cheers:

Gav
24th-June-2007, 01:30 PM
Well I'm not the first to say it, but I don't care. Fantastic set SF, more soul and funk please! :clap::clap::clap:
I had a great night and not 1 dance that I wouldn't want to have again (although apologies to the poor lady that got stuck with me in DWAS :blush:). Congrats Jamie, you easily deserved that win. It didn't matter how many awesome drops and aerials the other couple did, it wasn't enough.
Well done Cruella, takes some balls to put on a night like that and from a punters point of view it all went well. Hope you raised loads of money.:cheers:

I had a few people offer to put more money in the pot if I kept my clothes on! :confused: Don't know what that was all about :whistle:

Cruella
24th-June-2007, 01:39 PM
Cruella .......... what did I win???? I do hope it was a weekend for 2 somewhere nice!!!

Please post soon and tell me what I've won.....:wink:
A weekend for 2 in Worthing. :whistle: Well at least it would be a new experience for you as you're rarely there!

Didn't know the M1 was going to be closed, so had a nice 4 hour drive (well sit, mostly) to Junction 8 and home :angry: :tears:

:sad: I'm sorry to hear this RK. I did notice you were missing, if that's any comfort.:flower:

IYes but didn't Spikey blonde and Jamie do well! :worthy: :hug:
Didn't they just! I'm thinking that maybe Jamie is used to having his women blindfolded! :wink:

In fact, ALL the music, ALL night long was superb! :drool:
I think the 3 DJ's complimented each other fantastically. I didn't hear one track I didn't love. I'm so grateful to Tessalicious, Silverfox and Dance Demon for making the night such a success. I can't thank you enough! :kiss:

I heard so many people saying they'd had some of their best dances ever with different people and I did too! :clap:
I too had far more than my usual amount of 'WOW' dances. I managed to get far more dances in than last year and I savoured every one of them. :drool:

Now to the important stuff.

Congratulations to:
Jamie and Spikey Blonde for winning the DWAS.
To Rebecca for winning the Southport Chalet prize, (this raised £775)
Snow White for winning the CJ Auction (You really are cruel!)
All the raffle prize winners.

A massive thank you to all the people that helped me out with stuff, donations, advertising, cabaret, lending of their time and equipment. You dancers really are a generous bunch.:hug:
Thanks to everyone that attended too, without the dancers, there is no dance!

We raised a total of £2,445
The company that my husband works for will match this £ for £.
Which means we will have £4890 to give to Macmillan Cancer Support
:clap:
THANK YOU

Jamie
24th-June-2007, 04:14 PM
Wow what a fantastic night Cruella, thanks so much for putting this on! I'm so glad I went!

Thank you too to Spikey Blonde :respect:

Spin dryer
24th-June-2007, 04:20 PM
Well done Di. A brilliant night. You should become a professional events organiser.

jivegirl100
24th-June-2007, 04:47 PM
Helloooo!

Just back from sunny Daventry (!!) to say a huge thank you to Di for such a fantastic night..

Was a bit of a hike from the North East but so pleased we made it..

Music was FANTASTIC, great venue, friendly people and some rather lovely dancers :yum:

Can't wait for the next one!

Claire xx

Northants Girly
24th-June-2007, 05:16 PM
Well done and thankyou Di! :flower:

I wasn't in much of a dancing mood to begin with last night (hectic week etc) but the music and dancers lifted my spirits and I ended up having one of the best dance freestyle nights I've had for ages :D

Loved the music especially Vince's set :waycool:

Had some amazing dances and lost count of how many times I found myself dancing with my eyes closed as I was in dance heaven :drool:

Congratulations to Jamie and spikey blond for a very well deserved DWAS win :worthy:

Had a bit of a shock at the end of the night when Dizzy almost flashed me her boobs by mistake :eek: . . . .
what are you like Diz! :rofl:

Caro
24th-June-2007, 06:21 PM
What a great night.... :worthy: and :respect: Cruella !

I'm so glad we (Freya and I) came down for that :clap:

It really felt like being in the blues room at southport again. Great to see so many folks from London and around... plenty of wcs dancers (sorry, hotshots :devil: ) too :D

The music was great, with DanceDemon playing some great, slow blues tracks at the end of the night (also enjoyed Tessalicious and SF sets :respect: ), and the standard of dancing was really high... brilliant dances and a brilliant night all together. Too many fab dances to list them all, so thanks all for the dances :hug:

So... when's the next one Cruella? :whistle:

Blind_Dynamo
24th-June-2007, 06:22 PM
Well done Cruella and thank you.:clap: :clap: :clap:

It was a really good night.

Met some forumites for the first time and had a go at dance wuth a stranger for the first time, didn't get anywhere but it was a laugh.

Well done to Spiky Blonde and Jamie.:clap:

Had some fantastic dances one in particular was WOW

My only dissappointment was having to leave early.

Dance Demon
24th-June-2007, 09:26 PM
Well, I think I can safely say that this was one of the best freestyle nights I have ever been to. The standard of dancing was very high, and as for the music........I would just like to say Tessalicious & Silver Fox, you were a hard act to follow on the decks:respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy:
Some absolutely fantastic choons guys.

Well done to the comp winners, Jamie & Spiky Blonde, and to the winner of the Chalet for 4 at Southport.

Big up for Pete and Ava for all their hard work with the sound system. I know what it's like lugging all that gear, 'specially at the end when you're knackered, and everyone else is off home:tears:

And a HUGE well done to everyone who helped to raise a fantastic amount of money for such a great cause.:respect: :respect: :respect:

Thank you Cruella, for inviting me to DJ at this event, and for your hospitality, especially your wonderful cuisine:wink: :D ......Was really great to meet your family, and please tell Ian that I wish him all the very best of luck in two weeks time, when he does the bike ride to Paris, and I hope his Ar*e doesn't get too sore:rofl: :rofl: ....

Double Trouble
24th-June-2007, 09:38 PM
I would just like to say Tessalicious & Silver Fox, you were a hard act to follow on the decks:respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy:Some absolutely fantastic choons guys.

:yeah: But your set was great too. Loved the Prince track you played. :respect:

Minnie M
24th-June-2007, 09:48 PM
We raised a total of £2,445
The company that my husband works for will match this £ for £.
Which means we will have £4890 to give to Macmillan Cancer Support
THANK YOU

:respect:

Well done Cruella - amazing :respect: :worthy: :clap:

I did buy a ticket, but unfortunately couldn't make it - looks like I missed a fantastic night

Yliander
25th-June-2007, 09:01 AM
What a lovely night!!!! so many lovely people, lovely atmosphere and not a bad dance in the whole evening!!!

well done Cruella for organising such a well run event!!!!

FoxyFunkster
25th-June-2007, 09:19 AM
What a lovely night!!!! so many lovely people, lovely atmosphere and not a bad dance in the whole evening!!!

well done Cruella for organising such a well run event!!!!

I`ll second that! Didn`t have a bad dance all evening, it was also great dancing with new fab dancers from all over the uk and as already stated there were some awesome DJ sets....:respect: to everyone who supported it and well done to Di for organising such a successful event....

stewart38
25th-June-2007, 10:08 AM
Wow what a fantastic night Cruella, thanks so much for putting this on! I'm so glad I went!

Up bits

All of it !!

great idea re DWAS and the blind folds for the ladies in 2nd heat, maybe a new idea for DWAS , next time blind fold them both :wink:

Down bits

Missed CJ services for my friend by £11 :whistle:

The M1 going back as mentioned, i guess if there going to close a section of the M1 do it on a saturday/sunday night, hell it was only an hour extra going back :sick:

Lory
25th-June-2007, 11:15 AM
great idea re DWAS and the blind folds for the ladies in 2nd heat, :yeah: for some weird reason, it completely cured my nerves :confused: I couldn't see anyone, therefore I felt like no one was watching! :na:

Missed CJ services for my friend by £11 :whistle: I'm trying desperately hard not to think about if CJ's had a lucky escape or not? :sick: :whistle:

mikeyr
25th-June-2007, 11:26 AM
WELL DONE Di...

Whata fantastic evening, So many great dancers,:respect: so many great dances!! :awe: that was the best night out I have had in such a lonnng while:respect: and it was all for charity. Thankyou!!

Dwas, what a finish.......Well done Shelia & Jamie :respect:

Mike

Rebecca
25th-June-2007, 11:36 AM
for some weird reason, it completely cured my nerves :confused: I couldn't see anyone, therefore I felt like no one was watching! :na:

That's exactly how I felt! Normally I'm far too concerned about those watching to just embrace the dance, but with the blindfold I could just follow my lovely lead Steve (and the light in the corner :whistle: ). Thank you foxy :flower: - Dan tells me at one point he thought about interrupting and reminding me of our wedding vows :blush:

Also won the Southport Chalet!!! :clap: :clap:

We have talked about the night so often since Saturday. Well done Di, you should be very proud of your success. There are so many people currently living with cancer who would be proud of you too :flower:

SnowWhite
25th-June-2007, 12:07 PM
Di...

A truly amazing achievement...

Well done.

Caz
25th-June-2007, 12:51 PM
Well done Cruella for organising such a fab night :respect:

Unfortunately I couldn't get into the night until late on but by 11 p.m. i was well away!

enjoyed my DWAS with Captain Fantastic - thanx Dan :flower: even tho we didn't get anywhere.... but we were up against the likes of Jamie :whistle:

Well done Jamie.. u deserved it and i know how happy u r that u won :grin: loved the lick - think that won it for u :rofl:

well done also to connie and her dance partner who were also in the final

special thanx to Dan for introducing me to Noel who i finally got to dance with. also got to dance with some new forumites :hug:to u all

when is the next one Di????

coldfeet
25th-June-2007, 02:53 PM
What a brillaint night, best bits was watching Jamie win the "dance with a a stranger", apart from the excellent leading and the just as brilliant following, it was the lick that sealed it for you - perfect timing.:clap:

plus the look on CJ's face as he learnt who had won him and the plans in store.

Many thanks for organising the event and i will be back for more if you do another.:grin:

jacksondonut
25th-June-2007, 03:26 PM
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME ...:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thoroughly wonderful evening.. :respect: :respect: :respect:

Congratulations Jamie & SB... you were blinding!!!

could not have asked for a better night anywhere..:flower: Thanks Di :hug:

***nice to win my lovely raffle prize too.. tickets to Utopia..:clap: couldnt have asked for a better prize...:drool: :drool: :drool:

NB.. looking forward to seeing the pics of CJ's newly smooth rear end .....:hug: :hug: :hug: :whistle: :eek:

Freya
25th-June-2007, 04:22 PM
Wow! I had such a fabulous night!!! :clap: It felt like our own little private party!

Cruella you did a superb job organising such an event and raising so much for a great cause. :respect:

I had some wonderful dances the likes of I've not had for a while. So glad Caro and I were crazy and booked the flights on a whim! Too many names to mention but a few people made my night so thank you!

Also just like to say thanx to Jamie and Caz for driving us about all weekend!

SnowWhite
25th-June-2007, 04:34 PM
NB.. looking forward to seeing the pics of CJ's newly smooth rear end .....:hug: :hug: :hug: :whistle: :eek:

Obviously we are doing this as a public service...

And so in that spirit - we will make the photos available as soon as possible. We are still trying to find a date that suits everyone...

We have had a lot of offers from people willing to help with the waxing itself... How kind of you guys! :D

And there was a rather disturbing discussion in the pub yesterday about what could be done with the hair once it has been removed... :eek: :eek: :confused:

I'll post the details of where and when the defuzz will be taking place as soon as I can...

Zebra Woman
25th-June-2007, 05:16 PM
What a brilliant night!!! I had a fab time, loved the music, the atmosphere, the dancing - everything :clap: :clap: :clap: .

Well done Di !:clap: . You totally surpassed yourself girl!:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Well, I think I can safely say that this was one of the best freestyle nights I have ever been to. The standard of dancing was very high, and as for the music........I would just like to say Tessalicious & Silver Fox, you were a hard act to follow on the decks:respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy:
Some absolutely fantastic choons guys.

:yeah: Great choice of DJs by Di. That really was an awsome set by SilverFox, my favourite so far. :clap: :respect:

SF's truly was a tough set to follow, but I was equally impressed by the way that DD managed to seamlessy pick up the baton and build on the funk and soul, adding his own flavour to the mix, then gradually moving onto to a more bluesy end to the night. Yum Yum! :drool: Absolutely fab Djing DD. :respect:

Well done to the comp winners, Jamie & Spiky Blonde, and to the winner of the Chalet for 4 at Southport.

I must admit, watching Spikey Blond dacing with Jamie in a blindfold was rivetting. :what:

Very sexy.

Can I say that?

:devil:

Big up for Pete and Ava for all their hard work with the sound system. I know what it's like lugging all that gear, 'specially at the end when you're knackered, and everyone else is off home:tears:

And a HUGE well done to everyone who helped to raise a fantastic amount of money for such a great cause.:respect: :respect: :respect:

Yes big thank you and well done to all the hard working helpers! :clap: :clap:

...please tell Ian that I wish him all the very best of luck in two weeks time, when he does the bike ride to Paris, and I hope his Ar*e doesn't get too sore:rofl: :rofl: ....

Yes perhaps Ian should follow our example and pack a tube of 'Ibuprofen gel' for that? :really:

ZW :flower:

Cruella
25th-June-2007, 05:36 PM
Yes perhaps Ian should follow our example and pack a tube of 'Ibuprofen gel' for that? :really:

:rofl: But I won't be there to rub it in for him! :wink:

Cruella
25th-June-2007, 06:00 PM
And there was a rather disturbing discussion in the pub yesterday about what could be done with the hair once it has been removed... :eek: :eek: :confused: :sick:

I'll post the details of where and when the defuzz will be taking place as soon as I can...
: Please don't be offended if I opt out on attending this event!:what:

great idea re DWAS and the blind folds for the ladies in 2nd heat, maybe a new idea for DWAS , next time blind fold them both :wink:
I wanted to blindfold the men ( my fantasies coming out there:wink: ) but we decided that there would be too many collisions and we didn't want to be sued for any broken bones!

Big up for Pete and Ava for all their hard work with the sound system.
Also to Snow White, as it was a combination of her and Petes equipment and help that got it all going.

Thank you Cruella, for inviting me to DJ at this event, and for your hospitality, especially your wonderful cuisine:wink: :D ...... Cheeky! It was my pleasure to have you stay and DJ. Gave you a break from the painting and decorating! :wink:

So... when's the next one Cruella? :whistle:
Last year after the dance, I said "I'm never doing one again" This year i'm thinking 'Ooh, I quite fancy doing one next year.'
My husband has just said "Does that mean I have to do another challenge?" :rofl: The answer to that is of course, Yes.:whistle: So if he does do another challenge then I will do another charity event. Any ideas for his challenge? :wink:

Lory
25th-June-2007, 06:16 PM
Any ideas for his challenge? :wink:

Here Di, I've found one for you, that'll get rid of him for a whole 10days! :wink:

Scope Peru Inca Trail Trek May 2008 (http://www.utccharitychallenges.co.uk/event_details.aspx?EID=17)

Zebra Woman
25th-June-2007, 07:43 PM
:rofl: But I won't be there to rub it in for him! :wink:

Yeah, but that would be pointless from your point of view wouldn't it?

If it works the same as it does on our feet - he would completely numb within 5 minutes. :really:

johnah
25th-June-2007, 08:02 PM
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME ...:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thoroughly wonderful evening.. :respect: :respect: :respect:

:

Well done Di, you did a great job and it was our pleasure to support you and your hubby and especially the Macmillan Trust:respect:

Cruella
26th-June-2007, 08:46 AM
Photos are up on ESG's website (http://www.danceportraits.co.uk/gallery2/v/tourdedance/)
You can buy them seperately or buy a CD of all the pics for £15. (Bargain!)
He's worked very hard to get them up so quickly so I hope it'll be worth his while and you lot put in an order or two.:wink:

Cruella
26th-June-2007, 12:58 PM
Now i've had chance to browse the pics, it seems like it was a competition for how many silly faces can I catch Di doing! :blush: :sick:

Yliander
26th-June-2007, 01:02 PM
Photos are up on ESG's website (http://www.danceportraits.co.uk/gallery2/v/tourdedance/)
He's worked very hard to get them up so quickly so I hope it'll be worth his while and you lot put in an order or two.:wink:some lovely photos!! and fantastic to see them up so quickly! well done ESG!

stewart38
27th-June-2007, 02:11 PM
He's worked very hard to get them up so quickly so I hope it'll be worth his while and you lot put in an order or two.:wink:

How about this ill pay ESG to take the only crap photo of me off the bloody site :wink:

Tessalicious
27th-June-2007, 02:19 PM
How about this ill pay ESG to take the only crap photo of me off the bloody site :wink:I'm sure he'd be happy to oblige, if you tell him which photo you want taken off. Don't bother hoping it will happen just by posting on here though, you'll have to email him on the site.

Cruella
27th-June-2007, 02:34 PM
How about this ill pay ESG to take the only crap photo of me off the bloody site :wink:

Photoshop has it's limitations you know!

stewart38
27th-June-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm sure he'd be happy to oblige, if you tell him which photo you want taken off. Don't bother hoping it will happen just by posting on here though, you'll have to email him on the site.

23/11/2006 he was last on the forum

How much would we have to pay for him to post again and delete the photo

all for charity of course :wink:

Cruella
12th-July-2007, 08:59 AM
For those that are interested, Ian completed the London to Paris bike ride yesterday afternoon.:clap:
He rode 285 miles, he only fell off once (10 miles from the end):rolleyes: I told him to keep the stabilisers on!
I believe the total raised with all the fundraising (including the dance) was around £18.000

Dance Demon
12th-July-2007, 09:23 AM
For those that are interested, Ian completed the London to Paris bike ride yesterday afternoon.:clap:
He rode 285 miles, he only fell off once (10 miles from the end):rolleyes: I told him to keep the stabilisers on!
I believe the total raised with all the fundraising (including the dance) was around £18.000

:clap: :clap: :clap: well done Ian. Hope he didn't get too hurt in the fall ( probably took his mind off the ache in his 4rse.....:rofl: )...Great effort for a great cause:respect: :respect: :respect: ......so what is he doing next year then...:D

Minnie M
12th-July-2007, 05:05 PM

Total respect to both of you :respect: :respect: :respect:

johnah
13th-July-2007, 09:43 PM

:respect: Well done to you both. Here's to your efforts in 2007.

Cruella
13th-July-2007, 09:53 PM
Here's a few of Ians pics. There were 79 riders, all raising money for Macmillans. Altogether they raised £110,000 (collected so far)

Cruella
13th-July-2007, 09:56 PM
: ......so what is he doing next year then...:D
He's already working on it! He's only been back a day!:eek:

dunk
13th-July-2007, 11:11 PM
Pass on our congratulations :cheers: to Ian...Must say I didn't think he had such a big helmet:whistle:

Dunk:D