PDA

View Full Version : Visit to Manchester 14/02/07

SimonW
13th-February-2007, 04:43 PM
Hi All

I'm going to find myself in Manchester tomorrow night, and being at a loose end, I'm hoping that you kind forumites would give me some information about Ceroc classes tomorrow night.

I'll be travelling to Manchester by train, staying in one of the airport hotels, and will not have the luxury of a car to get me about.

Can you help? Can you give me an idea of how long it will take to get from the airport to any venue? Any taxi/cab firms you can recommend?

Cheers :cheers:
Simon

fletch
13th-February-2007, 04:50 PM
I had to look twice I thought you were SnowWhite :rofl:

I think Revolution at Knutsford might be on check jive uk :flower:

straycat
13th-February-2007, 04:52 PM
Think Revolution is on at Knutsford tomorrow. I don't know the local travel info, but if you can get to it, I highly recommend it.

fletch
13th-February-2007, 05:11 PM
Think Revolution is on at Knutsford tomorrow. I don't know the local travel info, but if you can get to it, I highly recommend it.

Its not on Jive uk but I agree if you can get to it, go :flower: your garanteed a warm welcome no matter what the weather out side :hug:

straycat
13th-February-2007, 05:21 PM
Looks like it's on. Have a link (http://revolutiondance.co.uk/pages/classes.html) :)

SimonW
14th-February-2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the info guys, and for the PM RubyRed.

Its looks to me like Revolution run West Coast Swing lessons at present going by their website and newsletter. WCS doesn't float my boat I'm afraid. I've tried WCS on a number of occasions and didn't get on with it.

So, after some further feedback, I'm going to visit Stockport tonight I think. Ceroc at Hyde is just too far in a taxi from my hotel. (I ain't made o' money)

Anyone else from the forum going?

Cheers
Simon

straycat
14th-February-2007, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the info guys, and for the PM RubyRed.

Its looks to me like Revolution run West Coast Swing lessons at present going by their website and newsletter.

Not entirely sure where you get that from - to the best of my knowledge, it's an MJ venue. Wonder if Keith's around to comment?

rubyred
14th-February-2007, 01:28 PM
Not entirely sure where you get that from - to the best of my knowledge, it's an MJ venue. Wonder if Keith's around to comment?

Yes its true WCS classes in the other room whilst the beginner's lesson is on. So if anyone interested think it starts at around 7.30pm or 7.45pm :flower:

straycat
14th-February-2007, 02:50 PM
Yes its true WCS classes in the other room whilst the beginner's lesson is on. So if anyone interested think it starts at around 7.30pm or 7.45pm :flower:

Now that sounds good... wonder when we're next in the area...

Brady
14th-February-2007, 08:08 PM

This is true, Revolution Dance are now running a WCS class on Wed. nights.

Brady

SimonW
15th-February-2007, 12:32 AM
I'd just like to say a big 'thank you' to all at Blitz at Stockport tonight for making me so welcome, and for all the ladies I was lucky enough to dance with 'thank you for not letting me rest'!

Travel from the airport to Stockport - so easy on the bus - direct to Stockport station and cheaper than a taxi @ 2.50. Then a short uphill walk to the venue - which was a good warm-up.

I missed the first lesson but got there as the first freestyle was starting, and luckily I never stopped dancing - I think I only asked two people to dance - the rest of the time I was asked! Again, 'thank you'!

Until next time - Cheers & keep dancin'!
Simon

Keith
16th-February-2007, 10:56 PM

Sorry I missed the thread :blush:
Our format is the following;
7.45 Main room for MJ beginners
7.45 Small room WCS
9 pm Main room Int MJ
9 pm Small room Beg/Imp MJ

After the lessons we dance till 11.15 pm.
I hope this clears up any uncertainty.
Hopefully if you're back at the airport any time, you'll pay us a visit. :wink:

Cheers Keith