Spin dryer
11th-February-2007, 05:41 PM
Who's going?

Tiggerbabe
11th-February-2007, 06:04 PM
Me :D

dave the scaffolder
11th-February-2007, 07:30 PM
I am going with a mind to enjoy myself this time. I am sure trouble and Double trouble will join me xxx xxx

modchick
11th-February-2007, 07:42 PM
I am going in march, havent made it to Utopia yet, but have heard nothing but good reports. :nice:

Double Trouble
11th-February-2007, 09:21 PM
I am going with a mind to enjoy myself this time. I am sure trouble and Double trouble will join me xxx xxx

I'll go to the next one with you, but only if you drive.:whistle:

Icey
11th-February-2007, 09:25 PM
How/where do I book tickets?

Tiggerbabe
11th-February-2007, 10:28 PM
Answers here (http://www.utopiadance.co.uk/) :)

WittyBird
12th-February-2007, 01:06 AM

Why? You obviously didn't enjoy it, why not save your space for someone who might enjoy it and not sit there whining.

I fully appreciate that some people have off nights but don't put everyone else through your misery.

Please if you do decide to go, ask me to dance and enjoy it :D

TheTramp
12th-February-2007, 03:10 AM
Who's going?

Wish I could. But I'm down for Storm the weekend before, and at Blackpool the weekend after. As well as DJing in Glasgow on the Saturday night....

I did seriously consider it anyhow. But common sense kicked in.

Drat that common sense! :rolleyes:

David Bailey
12th-February-2007, 09:57 AM
Why? You obviously didn't enjoy it, why not save your space for someone who might enjoy it and not sit there whining.
Maybe he wants to give it another chance?

I remember stubbornly trying and re-trying Chiswick several times, despite not enjoying it at all - and finally, I had a good time there.

If a place has good reviews, it's worth persisting with.

WittyBird
12th-February-2007, 10:33 AM
Maybe he wants to give it another chance?

I remember stubbornly trying and re-trying Chiswick several times, despite not enjoying it at all - and finally, I had a good time there.

If a place has good reviews, it's worth persisting with.

Well IMHO it's like Marmite, you either love it or hate it. :D I just happen to like both :na:

David Bailey
12th-February-2007, 11:00 AM
Well IMHO it's like Marmite, you either love it or hate it. :D I just happen to like both :na:
Well obviously I bow to your HO. See, that's me, bowing away.

But some things are "instant lust", some things are "acquired tastes", and it's all subjective anyway; lots of times it depends on your mood, so it's worth giving some things a go twice or more.

WittyBird
12th-February-2007, 11:09 AM
Well obviously I bow to your HO. See, that's me, bowing away.

Glad you've finally found your place.:whistle:

dave the scaffolder
12th-February-2007, 03:24 PM

I fully appreciate that some people have off nights but don't put everyone else through your misery.

Please if you do decide to go, ask me to dance and enjoy it :D

If you read my thread i said "i was very dissapointed" if you can find any whinning in that statement, youre a better man than i am. The reason i was dissapointed was that i could not connect with the music. I am now going to attend classes to remedy this situation. On my thread there have been various opinions posted by people other than myself who have posted relavent opinions, my thread was a catalyst for discussion on utopia and i feel it was a worthwhile discussion that the organizers can pick over the bones of the thread and impliment any changes they see fit. As for dancing with you it is allways a pleasure i look forward too. On the next utopia i shall wear my dave the scaffolder t shirt so i am visible to anyone who wants to talk to me about this thread. xxx xx:love:

Gentabout
12th-February-2007, 05:43 PM
Who's going?

ME :clap: :clap:

fletch
12th-February-2007, 05:48 PM
If you read my thread i said "i was very dissapointed" if you can find any whinning in that statement, youre a better man than i am. The reason i was dissapointed was that i could not connect with the music. I am now going to attend classes to remedy this situation. On my thread there have been various opinions posted by people other than myself who have posted relavent opinions, my thread was a catalyst for discussion on utopia and i feel it was a worthwhile discussion that the organizers can pick over the bones of the thread and impliment any changes they see fit. As for dancing with you it is allways a pleasure i look forward too. On the next utopia i shall wear my dave the scaffolder t shirt so i am visible to anyone who wants to talk to me about this thread. xxx xx:love:

Dave you didn't say you wanted to remedy the situation, and it did come over to me that you were moaning, so I agree with Witty's post.:what:

I would also have liked to dance with you:flower: but having been refused twice, I will now hope you might ask me :sad:

Jamie
12th-February-2007, 05:54 PM
See you there DTS, I'll let you throw me around to a fast one :waycool:

Franck
12th-February-2007, 05:59 PM
I'll be there to start off a 'Scottish invasion' week-end :D :waycool:
I'll be teaching the Blues intro class early in the night, Tiggerbabe is guest dj-ing a slot.
On the Saturday, we'll be at Hammersmith for the Scottish Special (with a special Ceilidh inspired class) and Tiggerbabe in the Blues room!

Finally, on the Sunday, I'll be teaching 2 Focus workshops on Connection:

11th March
‘It’s All About Connection’
Teddington School, Broom Rd, Teddington, Middx, TW11 9PJ

11am – 1pm Lead & Follow Part 1 – Making the Connection & Keeping It
Often tiny details about your lead or follow can hinder your dancing but until you do this workshop you may never identify the problem. Once you have, the difference will be noticeable. For those who haven’t yet developed any bad habits this workshop will give your partner dancing the kick start it needs.

2pm – 4pm Lead & Follow Part 2 – Advanced Connection
Connection isn’t just about hand to hand contact and when dancing to slower music you will need to use top to toe connection using the body to guide your partner and be guided.

£20 for each workshop or £30 for the 2.
To book please call Val on 07958 587256 or email team@utopiadance.co.uk
Would be great to see many of you at some point over the 3 days! :cheers:

dave the scaffolder
12th-February-2007, 06:30 PM
See you there DTS, I'll let you throw me around to a fast one :waycool:
Allways a pleasure to throw you around my man, as i have said before you are the most natural dancer i have ever danced with. xxx

Fletch i have refused you once when i was in the early stages of recovery from my double hernia operation, when i feel comfortable i shall ask you to dance.

Witty i wholeheartedly agree YOU ARE A BETTER MAN THAN ME. xxx

fletch
12th-February-2007, 07:03 PM
Fletch i have refused you once when i was in the early stages of recovery from my double hernia operation, when i feel comfortable i shall ask you to dance.

Thanks honey :flower: I shall wait patently, I am gentle honest :hug:

dave the scaffolder
12th-February-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks honey :flower: I shall wait patently, I am gentle honest :hug:
Wait no more next time we are the same venue dance we shall.:love:

Icey
12th-February-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm working on getting tickets for Mr Darcy and myself. Stuff the textbooks I say :D

Trouble
13th-February-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm working on getting tickets for Mr Darcy and myself. Stuff the textbooks I say :D

oooh Mr Darcy being there would make it special he is such a great little mover.... !!!

Would be nice to see you there too Icey !!! :wink: :wink: :awe:

stewart38
13th-February-2007, 12:59 PM

Has it sold out ? cant find the web site ?? Does it have one ?

sorry if its in another thread somewhere :sad:

Trouble
13th-February-2007, 01:01 PM
Has it sold out ? cant find the web site ?? Does it have one ?

sorry if its in another thread somewhere :sad:

tsk tsk Stewart.. see item 7 on this thread. As of yesterday still had spaces. xx

David Bailey
14th-February-2007, 11:12 AM
tsk tsk Stewart.. see item 7 on this thread. As of yesterday still had spaces. xx
Got an email today, apparently the female places are sold out and only a few male places left.

Eleanor
14th-February-2007, 11:14 AM
Glad I'm booked already. Just got this email from Val:

"For your information - ladies spaces are now completely sold out and we have only 14 spaces remaining for guys, so if you are a guy and you want to book please let us know asap."

I guess they will operate a waiting list again, so if you are a girl without a place it's probably worth still emailing them in case someone cancels.

:love: Happy Valentines!!!

fletch
15th-February-2007, 05:20 PM
Wait no more next time we are the same venue dance we shall.:love:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Rhythm King
16th-February-2007, 11:44 PM
I'll be there to start off a 'Scottish invasion' week-end :D :waycool:

Would be great to see many of you at some point over the 3 days! :cheers:

Cool!:waycool:

And where do we bring the champagne to, for the party?

Minnie M
7th-March-2007, 07:01 PM
Can't wait to see Franck & Sheena again :yeah: :clap:

Jamie
7th-March-2007, 07:04 PM
Well I'll be there, and on my best behaviour might I add! :innocent:

OXO'S
7th-March-2007, 07:42 PM
Me :D
Wont be there djing friday.Its the first one i have missed since the launch,and will miss your guest slot tiggerbabe,sure you will deliver the goods like you always do.If its your first time there you certainly wont be dissapointed the music is fab,the venue lovely and the welcome by the UTOPIA team is extremely warming.
Have a fab night folks :clap: :clap:

Barry Shnikov
7th-March-2007, 08:57 PM
...just found out that I am booked for Utopia on Friday night, March 9th.

As Theophilus P W9ildebeest would say, "Ah think you know what Ah'm talkinabout..."