PDA

View Full Version : Hammersmith.....£13!

angelblue
11th-February-2007, 08:21 AM
Good morning,

Last night i went to Hammersmith and i woke up still reeling that i forgot my Ceroc card and had to pay £13 to get in!!

Does anybody else think that is a bit steep?

ok, i am a northerner and used to cheaper entry fees but so far i have been quite surprised by how cheap the south actually is compared to what i expected it to be. But this price has to be the most ive paid so far for a freestyle and cant help but think it was too much to ask.

Am i being unreasonable?:confused:

TA Guy
11th-February-2007, 11:05 AM
NO
NO
NO

I'd say what I really think, but it'd prolly get me banned.

David Bailey
11th-February-2007, 11:46 AM
Am i being unreasonable?:confused:
Well, of course you are. £13? Nothing.

A trifle. A pittance. Compared to the wonder that is Hammersmith, to see people coming from miles around, gazing at the wonders of Refusal Row, Wontbe Avenue, the mysteries of the BluesRoom Floor, the ironic, nay iconic Hammersmith FloorCraft Hustle....

Cheap at twice the price. :innocent:

fletch
11th-February-2007, 03:32 PM
Yes, it is expensive compared to other venues, but lets have a look at what you get for your money.:confused:

Two rooms, main room the set that was played last night was IMO one of the best I have heard in a long time,:clap: something for everyone, so IMO again 'top DJ' Anette :worthy: who can read her audience well, no slap the lap top on and walk away this is what you are getting.:respect:

oh, and she played the 'snake' :cheers: :clap:

Blues room, more challenging tracks 'top DJ' Tess, with dancers to aspire to.:respect:

Pizza been served after the dancing has stopped.:drool:

2am finish Nuff said :clap:

so most venues are about £8 is it worth £4 more for Hammersmith

Defiantly

fletch
11th-February-2007, 04:08 PM
I

Defiantly

ment

Definitely

:blush:

spell check didn't pick it up :tears:

but if you didn't forget you card it was £12 so £8 - £12 is £4 :clap:

Jamie
11th-February-2007, 04:17 PM
Considering I drove 200 miles to go Utopia and Hammersmith this weekend, I wasn't gonna grumble too much at the price. Although it's quite expensive, I don't mind cos it is Hammersmith afterall..

angelblue
11th-February-2007, 04:40 PM
:
Considering I drove 200 miles to go Utopia and Hammersmith this weekend, I wasn't gonna grumble too much at the price. Although it's quite expensive, I don't mind cos it is Hammersmith afterall..

suppose it was worth it do get a west coast with you jamie:wink: :clap:

Spin dryer
11th-February-2007, 05:12 PM
Yes, it is expensive compared to other venues, but lets have a look at what you get for your money.:confused:

Two rooms, main room the set that was played last night was IMO one of the best I have heard in a long time,:clap: something for everyone, so IMO again 'top DJ' Anette :worthy: who can read her audience well, no slap the lap top on and walk away this is what you are getting.:respect:

2am finish Nuff said

:yeah:

It was a great night. Where else could you get 5 hours of exhilarating entertainment for just £12?

Rhythm King
11th-February-2007, 08:12 PM
cue film quote:

"But we'll always have Paris..." :whistle:

fletch
11th-February-2007, 08:17 PM
:yeah:

It was a great night. Where else could you get 5 hours of exhilarating entertainment for just £12?

It was also fun to see the look on peoples faces as they read my 't' shirt :eek:

I don't think everyone at Hammersmith has quite got used to me dancing solo :D

and thanks for the FAB dances Spin dryer :clap:

Rhythm King
12th-February-2007, 01:36 AM
It was also fun to see the look on peoples faces as they read my 't' shirt :eek:

There was something written on your T-shirt?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Sheepman
12th-February-2007, 01:59 AM
Well, of course you are. £13? Nothing. Aha, so that's the reason for the note against DJs membership number, "Quintuple charge for Hammersmith."

Tell you what David, next time you go, borrow my card, I'll only charge you £50. :cheers:

Was your t-shirt one like this? :whistle:

Cruella
12th-February-2007, 02:04 AM
Was your t-shirt one like this? :whistle:

Spooky that's exactly what it said! Were you there disguised as Howards hat?
Or was someone else wearing Simon Borlands waistcoat? :whistle:

WittyBird
12th-February-2007, 02:07 AM
Or was someone else wearing Simon Borlands waistcoat? :whistle:

I've heard he's got a button missing :grin:

Sheepman
12th-February-2007, 02:09 AM
Were you there disguised as Howards hat?
Nope, it was just a wild guess!
Several forumites will testify that I was around 20 miles away behind the decks.

Synchronicity. :grin:

Greg

KatieR
12th-February-2007, 10:24 AM
cue film quote:

"But we'll always have Paris..." :whistle:

Yeah yeah... tell someone that cares.... ;)

robd
12th-February-2007, 01:42 PM
I had an OK night at Hammersmith though thought £12 a bit steep. Didn't seem to spend a huge amount of time dancing but still was there at the end. I enjoyed the music from Tessalicious but for some reason the numbers in the downstairs room didn't match those of previous events. This was strange as it was reasonably busy around 11 but once you've lost a critical mass of people then it gets hard to pull them back since people invariably wander downstairs, see a lack of dancers and wander off again and it becomes a vicious cycle. The fact that the main room wasn't as busy as I have known it on previous Hammersmith events may have contributed also. Annette's music upstairs in the early part of the night was dreadful but improved later on and a number of tracks that I would lazily group together as 'Marc's music' were played. Nice to hear and to dance to but again it didn't help the numbers downstairs.