PDA

View Full Version : Revolution Dance

Twirlie Bird
8th-February-2007, 04:55 PM
During many recent discussions it has become apparent that to gain the most experience and to advance my dancing it would pay to visit other venues. The best day for me to go somewhere different from my usual ones is a Wednesday. I have searched around and discovered that Revolution Dance at Knutsford is on a Wednesday. I have looked at the website. All looks good but I do have a few questions which I would love your opinion on.

Firstly I am new to Ceroc (just over 3 months). I am grasping it and really loving all that I am doing at the moment. I really want to try new places and dance with different dancers as I can see that advice makes perfect sense. However I do not want to confuse myself and actually end up taking a step backwards. Revolution Dance says it's a mixture of dances and I don't know if I would be attempting too much. What are your thoughts please? Has anyone been? Does anyone go? :confused:

On a side note. I am also thinking of going to Utopia soon for a real lesson in blues :nice:

WittyBird
8th-February-2007, 05:09 PM
Will it ruin my cooking if I shop at Asda instead of Sainsbury.

Go see for yourself. You've got 1 of 2 chances of enjoying it. If you don't go you won't know. Failure is not doing something, If you at least give it a shot you've succeeded in the fact you've gained more confidence or knowledge etc etc. (you get my drift)

Do it in stages, see what happens.

robd
8th-February-2007, 05:26 PM
Will it ruin my cooking if I shop at Asda instead of Sainsbury.

A Pot Noodle tastes the same wherever you buy it from I guess :rolleyes:

rubyred
8th-February-2007, 06:02 PM
Revolution Dance says it's a mixture of dances and I don't know if I would be attempting too much. What are your thoughts please? Has anyone been? Does anyone go? :confused:

On a side note. I am also thinking of going to Utopia soon for a real lesson in blues :nice:

Revolution Dance is probably one of the best venues you could go to. When you say that there are a variety of dances on offer, there are, because Keith and Janey do incorporate differing styles into their dancing. However you will not be confused because they are linked in a way that is easy to follow. The atmosphere is brilliant and there is a friendly crew :whistle: who will make you feel welcome. The music is also really good and offers you a bit of the blues room from SP.

Utopia is also good and you will find some similarities with Knutsford, especially when Becky is on the decks.

Hope you can make it and introduce yourself when you come along.

:flower:

Jamie
8th-February-2007, 06:25 PM
I'll be at Utopia babe, come grab me! :D

fletch
8th-February-2007, 08:51 PM

I will be at Utopia with a few Fletcherett's :D

OXO'S is DJ :respect: and you will get to meet Marc and Rachelle :love:

It was lovely last time and i'm sure it will be the same again, nice and slow :clap:

Can I just point out that there are two fast tracks each hour and if it s disco or Mowtown i will be around my handbag :waycool: :blush: if its not

POP'S is mine

:cheers: :worthy:

WittyBird
8th-February-2007, 11:48 PM
A Pot Noodle tastes the same wherever you buy it from I guess :rolleyes:

Am I sounding hotshotty or cliquey by saying I don't eat Pot Noodles :eek:

straycat
9th-February-2007, 01:11 AM
Definitely go to Knutsford. The teaching is top-notch, and you're certainly not going to get confused by it. The music is great, and the people are lovely. Highly recommended.

straycat
9th-February-2007, 01:11 AM
Am I sounding hotshotty or cliquey by saying I don't eat Pot Noodles :eek:

Maybe a touch Potshotty?

Blueshoes
10th-February-2007, 02:40 PM
Put quite simply Knutsford is the best venue for dancers in the Manchester area. Keith welcomes any standard of dancer but tends to attract the better dancers due to the overall package of music, teaching and atmosphere. From the perspective of a newish female who wants to improve you have the best of all worlds, good male leads and a friendly atmosphere.

As for different styles of dancing, they are taught to blend seamlessly into modern jive so you get the variety of having different moves, and the teaching is geared towards leading and following which can only benefit you.

If you do come down let Janey on the door know who you are and she will point out other forumites there.

Utopia is also good for experience of slower music and as a good introduction to blues dancing. Your advice is right, try different venues and ask the best dancers to dance, your dancing will come on in leaps and bounds!

Gus
13th-February-2007, 08:41 PM
Firstly I am new to Ceroc (just over 3 months). I am grasping it and really loving all that I am doing at the moment. I really want to try new places and dance with different dancers as I can see that advice makes perfect sense. However I do not want to confuse myself and actually end up taking a step backwards. Revolution Dance says it's a mixture of dances and I don't know if I would be attempting too much. What are your thoughts please? Has anyone been? Does anyone go? :confused: OK never one to shy away from a debate (:rolleyes: ) let me offer a slightly different view. I've only been to one class but got friends who have been to many and have taken comments from other teachers.

Given the format and the teaching approach I would probably say that if you are new to MJ you may benefit more from instructors who can teach you the basics first. Loz at Ceroc Stafford is very good. Similalrly the music at Knutsford does introduce non-standards tracks ... but no more so than Chester. I apprecaite that Chester be slightly forward but I would suggest tghe structure of the teaching and the music may help you more. The mainteacher on a Monday, Paula is a professionally trained and very experienced instructor (she's the instructor's instructor for the Blitz organsiation), giving the club a real edge over Knutsford. Alse she is more likely to be able to help you on ladies stytle points.

As I said, my view may differ from some of the previous statements, but I'm just giving you my opinion from having danced and taught in the region for a fair while. As WB said, the best idea is to go to these clubs and see what club best suits you.

rubyred
14th-February-2007, 01:44 AM
Paula is a professionally trained and very experienced instructor (she's the instructor's instructor for the Blitz organsiation), giving the club a real edge over Knutsford. Alse she is more likely to be able to help you on ladies stytle points.

As WB said, the best idea is to go to these clubs and see what club best suits you.

:yeah:

fletch
14th-February-2007, 09:03 AM
If you do come down let Janey on the door know who you are and she will point out other forumites there.

does she know who Blueshoes is :confused:

:wink:

Twirlie Bird
14th-February-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks to everyone for the great advice. Witty you make me laugh babe. :nice:

I have decided that I am going to Knutsford tonight. The fact that there is an added blues lesson is what swayed it for me. Before Keith told me that I was having an evening at home with Russell Brand. :blush:

I will be wearing a shortish black flowy skirt, a black & silver sleeveless top & my hair will be tied up. I will ask on the door to be pointed out to forumites but if you see me please come and say hi. :flower:

Twirlie Bird
-x-

fletch
15th-February-2007, 09:30 AM
Thanks to everyone for the great advice. Witty you make me laugh babe. :nice:

I have decided that I am going to Knutsford tonight. The fact that there is an added blues lesson is what swayed it for me. Before Keith told me that I was having an evening at home with Russell Brand. :blush:

I will be wearing a shortish black flowy skirt, a black & silver sleeveless top & my hair will be tied up. I will ask on the door to be pointed out to forumites but if you see me please come and say hi. :flower:

Twirlie Bird
-x-

so how did it go :confused:

Stokie found the WCS a bit hard :hug:

rubyred
15th-February-2007, 01:59 PM
Really sorry I missed you Twirly and Stoke Bloke, I wasn't able to go dancing last night , hope you come to Knustford again and I get to meet you.:flower:

StokeBloke
15th-February-2007, 02:17 PM

Stokie found the WCS a bit hard :hug:
You know me fletch, when it comes to dancing I'm still lovin' it, lovin' it, lovin' it.... up for a try at anything! WCS is just so polar opposite to MJ my brain couldn't cope!! That's all. I'm sure you're right about trying it again in the future. I really did like the slotted method of it though :)

I loved the MJ stuff we did, the teaching was great :worthy: But personally I found the place extremely unfriendly. I am certainly in no hurry to go back again :sad:

Twirlie Bird
15th-February-2007, 02:25 PM

It went brilliantly. I loved it. The dancing ability was outstanding. :love:

Met some great people and had some amazing dances. Special thanks to Blueshoes for making me feel so welcome and for the dances. Awesome. Thank you.:respect:

Met and chatted to Keith and then was absolutely terrified as he led me onto the dance floor. What a dancer. What a dance!!!! Wow!!!!!!! :respect:

Watched Keith dance with his gorgeous lady. That was amazing. You two are stunning. I think I may have even been open mouthed as I stood watching you!!!! :blush:

The blues class was such great fun. I am so looking forward to seeing the usual intermediate classes as I was told by a few people last nights routine wasn't that unusual to normal. Excellent. :nice:

Big thanks to Fletch and the Fletcherettes for encouraging me to drive just that little bit further to dance. I completely understand what you were all saying now. :hug: Real hugs will be given tomorrow.

Twirlie Bird
-x-

Keith
16th-February-2007, 11:55 PM
Hi Twirlie Bird, Stoke Bloke.
Firstly thanks for making the effort to get to our venue. Always much appreciated.
Secondly thank you for a great dance TB, I thoroughly enjoyed it & look forward to our next one. I'm so glad you had such a fab time :clap:
Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy yourself SB, all I can suggest is that you give us a second chance. I must admit after we had had our dance (TB, not SB) I did see you sat down looking fed up, I didn't come across, as it looked more like you had something on your mind & I thought you wanted time alone. It's unfortunate that sometimes signals can be miss read. Please accept my apologies, as normally I or one of my crew would be over to make sure everything is ok. :blush: Also well done for try the WCS class, these classes are totally different to MJ & that's why we offer both. You're a braver man than I, as I still haven't tried WCS yet :whistle:
All the best to you both & thank you to everyone else who had such nice things to say about us. :flower:
Keith

WittyBird
17th-February-2007, 12:20 AM
{snip)

What a lovely post, I wish more organisers etc would take the time out to acknowledge attempts by relatively new people. You are IMHO what MJ should be all about. My respect goes out to you :respect:

Twirlie Bird - Well done, hopefully you can now travel to get more from your dancing and your partners. I hope all goes well and I look forward to reading about it.

Stokie - Chill out pal, go with the flow, it's all a learning curve. For example I am really struggling at the moment and for a while I have been considering giving it all up. Please go and enjoy it, you are a great lead and will be a star shortly, you just need to get out of your comfort zone (for some it's easier than others) don't be disheartened. Give it 100% then at least you wont be disappointed with yourself.

disclaimerDo as I say not as I do

Also to both of you.....

Listen to all dancers advice, watch them dance, then choose what advice you take on board and what advice you bin. It's all a learning curve, just remember - ENJOY IT, that's why you started it in the first place. :D

fletch
17th-February-2007, 10:55 AM
Firstly thanks for making the effort to get to our venue. Always much appreciated.
Secondly thank you for a great dance TB, I thoroughly enjoyed it & look forward to our next one. I'm so glad you had such a fab time :clap:
Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy yourself SB, all I can suggest is that you give us a second chance. I must admit after we had had our dance (TB, not SB) I did see you sat down looking fed up, I didn't come across, as it looked more like you had something on your mind & I thought you wanted time alone. It's unfortunate that sometimes signals can be miss read. Please accept my apologies, as normally I or one of my crew would be over to make sure everything is ok. :blush: Also well done for try the WCS class, these classes are totally different to MJ & that's why we offer both. You're a braver man than I, as I still haven't tried WCS yet :whistle:
All the best to you both & thank you to everyone else who had such nice things to say about us. :flower:
Keith

:respect:

Its posts like this that put you head and sholders above the rest,:worthy: you are truly a nice guy:respect: . and I love ya loads :hug:

Stokie - Chill out pal, go with the flow, it's all a learning curve. For example I am really struggling at the moment and for a while I have been considering giving it all up. Please go and enjoy it, you are a great lead and will be a star shortly, you just need to get out of your comfort zone (for some it's easier than others) don't be disheartened. Give it 100% then at least you wont be disappointed with yourself.

Listen to all dancers advice, watch them dance, then choose what advice you take on board and what advice you bin. It's all a learning curve, just remember - ENJOY IT, that's why you started it in the first place. :D

Firstly WB you can cut it out:mad: give up my AR$E over my dead body :hug: but then again without you around it will make the rest of us look better :na:

:flower:

Stokie after our dances and you doing WCS last night at Utoipa, whats this all about :( I wonder who you are going to remind me of, :rolleyes: stop putting pressure on your self, to dance like you do after 3 months :worthy:

I'm going to have to give you a good spanking if we have any more of it :wink: :na:

Just remember girls just have to follow not remember whats coming next thats your job and its a lot more difficult :hug:

StokeBloke
17th-February-2007, 05:01 PM
{SNIP}
Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy yourself SB, all I can suggest is that you give us a second chance.

Hi Keith. As I said, I loved the lesson, the venue is really cool, music was superb and the chance to try something new (in this case WCS) is always a plus for someone like me who just loves trying out new stuff. I did feel very much like an outsider, but having read your response I feel a trip back up the M6 to reassess my view would be wise. After all we did use a couple of the moves you taught us this week, at Utopia last night ;)

Stokie - Chill out pal, go with the flow, it's all a learning curve. For example I am really struggling at the moment and for a while I have been considering giving it all up.
Chill out! With the threat of losing the Wittiest of Witty's looming over our heads!! This is not a time to chill, this is a time for action :eek:

OK - I hear you babe. Seriously, it's only wobbling round a church hall with some records playing. I think a little perspective is what I need more than anything :wink:

Stokie after our dances and you doing WCS last night at Utoipa, whats this all about :( I wonder who you are going to remind me of, :rolleyes: stop putting pressure on your self, to dance like you do after 3 months :worthy::blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
But dancing with you is just sooooooooooooooooo easy :awe:

I'm going to have to give you a good spanking if we have any more of it :wink: :na:
Fletch! Seriously! Threats like that are not going to help :whistle:

fletch
17th-February-2007, 05:28 PM
[QUOTE=StokeBloke;343034]

But dancing with you is just sooooooooooooooooo easy :awe:
[QUOTE]

Like every thing with me

I'm the easy option honest

:wink:

rubyred
25th-February-2007, 03:04 AM
Well another good night was had at Knutsford. Thank you Keith and Janey :respect: you really make a fabulous effort, along with the music, standard of dancers who attend, the little touch of hot drinks and cakes at the end ensures that everyone has a really super time.:flower: :flower:

OXO'S
25th-February-2007, 11:23 AM
Keith
Just a short reply to this post,stoke bloke go back to this venue keith and janey are lovely people and excellant teachers.
Stick at it your dancing will soon come on especially with the music.

rubyred
1st-March-2007, 01:53 AM
:clap: Congratulations:clap:
:waycool: Blue Shoes:waycool:
on your first night on the decks at Knutsford.
:respect:
You played a fabulous set, just as good as the Blues room in Southport or Utopia.
:clap: Well done.:clap:

Rubyred:flower:
xxxx
[however REALLY missed you on the dance floor:tears: ]

hope you don't think this too much over the top - xx:rolleyes:

fletch
1st-March-2007, 08:48 AM
Shame I missed it :(

Looks like you might be going to Camber 'Blueshoes' are you going to do a sac the DJ set :confused:

congrats :flower: