PDA

View Full Version : Free-style changes at Ceroc Central

Lost Leader
8th-February-2007, 12:47 PM
Marc mentioned this at MK last night and this morning I got an e-mail from Ceroc Central on the same subject.

The changes are:

1. There will be more free-styles than previously :clap: .
2. Some will be announced at short notice (when a venue becomes available as a result of a cancellation for example)
3. All free-styles will now only have one fun ice breaker class so it will be continuous free-style from 8:30'ish on Fridays and Saturdays and 6:30'ish on Sundays.
4. Most interestingly of all the music policy for free-styles is changing. According to Marc some free-styles will now have distinct musical identities. Utopia (slower paced, more soul / bluesy / expressive for those that don't know) was specifically mentioned as being the sort of thing that was likely to happen at some free styles so it sounds as if we can look forward to more variety and be able to choose freestyles playing the type of music we like to dance to best :clap: :clap: :clap:

When does all this start to happen? Well some extra freestyles are apparently being inserted into the current Janaury to April Ceroc Central calendar and the full effect of the changes will kick in from May onwards.

I don't know what anyone else thinks but I think this is rather exciting news.

robd
8th-February-2007, 12:57 PM
3. All free-styles will now only have one fun ice breaker class so it will be continuous free-style from 8:30'ish on Fridays and Saturdays and 6:30'ish on Sundays.

Good news and long overdue.

I emailed Phil Roberts a few weeks back with various comments and this was one of them. I am sure I am not the only person who's mentioned it either so good to see someone taking note of feedback.

I guess the only difficulty now is that with so many good nights going on all over the place (plus more weekenders) it will be harder deciding where to go cf Hammersmith & Twyford this weekend

Daisy Chain
8th-February-2007, 01:11 PM
3. All free-styles will now only have one fun ice breaker class

Excellent. One of my real bug bears is to arrive at a freestyle about 9pm to find a 45 min "fun" lesson is just starting. Let's hope this spreads across other franchisees / MJ companies

Even worse is a freestyle with 2 lessons. How is that different to a class night? ........except for the price?

Daisy

(A Freestyling Little Flower)

tsh
8th-February-2007, 02:54 PM
Even worse is a freestyle with 2 lessons. How is that different to a class night? ........except for the price?

Even more crowded!