PDA

View Full Version : Fancy move help

Caro
7th-February-2007, 10:45 PM
In that video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kT_qQEa-bo)there's a move that I really, really, like :drool:
i.e. around sec 45 Melina goes for a sort of small split and then back up again. (it looks so cool :respect: )

Now I've tried to do that (:blush: ) and it's bloody difficult to come back up :eek:
Easier if having most of the weight on one foot and bringing the other towards the supporting one, but that's not what she seems to be doing (looks like her weight is equally split between both feet).
And she doesn't seem to be using a lot of support from Jordan either.

Now I wonder: is there a technique to do that move properly or is it just a matter of having very muscly thighs? (in which case I might well be motivated again to go back to the gym :really: ).

Ghost
7th-February-2007, 10:51 PM
Now I wonder: is there a technique to do that move properly or is it just a matter of having very muscly thighs? (in which case I might well be motivated again to go back to the gym :really: ).
Look carefully at the angle of her feet and the way she's turned her thighs :wink: She also doesn't stop which is very important, but I'd advise getting someone to show you the "rebound" technique in the Real World as you could hurt yourself otherwise.

robd
7th-February-2007, 11:28 PM
I spent a lot of time at the weekend practising sliding my feet back together from a split position. Generally I would be facing forward but, as Ghost said earlier, if you look at the angle of her legs and feet they do face in the same direction but her upper torso is angled towards Jordan giving the illusion of it being more of a back to front splits than it actually is. There is a limit to how far apart I can put my feet before I can't get them back together unaided (certainly not as far as Melina) but the principle is the same. It does require decent thigh muscles (playing football helps here :D ) and a good floor really helps. It helps also to think of pulling your whole body upwards and not just think of your feet and legs.

Robert

Sparkles
7th-February-2007, 11:43 PM
She's also using Jordan's hip for support :D

Yliander
7th-February-2007, 11:47 PM
have you tried posting this question on the strictly westie forum (http://www.strictlywestie.com/forum/index.php)?

Caro
7th-February-2007, 11:57 PM
have you tried posting this question on the strictly westie forum (http://www.strictlywestie.com/forum/index.php)?

:really: no... I'm too shy :blush: I don't know people over there...:eek:

Yliander
8th-February-2007, 12:02 AM
:really: no... I'm too shy :blush: I don't know people over there...:eek: they are friendly - and very willing to help - and there is a special section if you want to ask a pro something

Ghost
8th-February-2007, 12:06 AM
She's also using Jordan's hip for support :D

And Jordan's sneakily adopted a really strong stance both in terms of physically supporting her and also staying still to help her balance, but by distracting you with his right hand you don't see it.