PDA

View Full Version : Photos & Video Clips needed

Lounge Lizard
7th-February-2007, 10:06 AM
I have recently moved into Video DJ'ing - for the many that do not know what this is, think of dancing to MTV.
I have professional DVD players, mixers, projector screen etc. instead of playing just the CD version of a dance track I play the music Video, so you get to dance to the music & watch the video that goes with it.
I know for dancers you do not want to effectively watch 'TV' while dancing, but for the many not dancing it is a great visual to watch.

Why the thread?

Well I have Video DJ'd MJ at Eastbourne & Southport to good effect but there is an obvious shortage of video clips to go with a lot of MJ music.

For MJ tracks without MV's I have a number of Shadow Dancer DVD's but need something better & more suitable

Request No.1
Do you know of any good music Video's (perhaps from films) that include either MJ suitable music + bonus DVD or footage from the main film that I can play on screen whilst U lot are dancing to the CD track.

Request No 2.
Can U recommend any MV's that are a must for MJ - Latin, Swing, Blues, Main Hall, and Suitable R&B - (I do subscribe to Pre-release Music DVD's now & have well over 1000 MV's already)

Request No.3
Do you have Photo or Video clips of YOU & YOUR FRIENDS that can be used as a backdrop on the screen at MJ venues - NOTE I cannot use photo's or Video with background dancers unless permission has been obtained from everyone on the film (I used a Photo slide of my regular dancers for my R&R picture show & got a big complaint from one of the regulars about using their picture)

If anyone has a commercially available DVD(s) with suitable dance content please contact me, I am happy to include a single line promotion at the bottom of the clip in return for their help

I would love to get lots of Southport photo's/video ready for my next visit

Thanks, sorry it goes on a bit

Peter

killingtime
7th-February-2007, 06:25 PM
Request No.1
Do you know of any good music Video's (perhaps from films) that include either MJ suitable music + bonus DVD or footage from the main film that I can play on screen whilst U lot are dancing to the CD track.

Moulin Rouge has the complete video to El Tango De Roxanne on it IIRC. OK that's more blues or tango than MJ but a good track and wonderful video all the same.

Request No.3
Do you have Photo or Video clips of YOU & YOUR FRIENDS that can be used as a backdrop on the screen at MJ venues - NOTE I cannot use photo's or Video with background dancers unless permission has been obtained from everyone on the film (I used a Photo slide of my regular dancers for my R&R picture show & got a big complaint from one of the regulars about using their picture)

I don't really have many (none of which I really took anyway). I'd actually have suggested going to Flickr and looking for commercial creative commons license stuff with the tag "dance" or something and using those. Though that isn't really the person who is in the photo's permission rather that of the photographer (we can't assert the captured person consented). However I guess if you had a complaint you could refer them to the original photograph to complain.

David Bailey
7th-February-2007, 09:23 PM
I reckon you'll find it easier to actually do some filming yourself - hire a studio for a day, and ask for volunteers, you'll be inundated I bet.

Lots quicker, you get the music you want, no copyright hassle.

Lounge Lizard
8th-February-2007, 01:01 AM
Moulin Rouge has the complete video to El Tango De Roxanne on it IIRC. OK that's more blues or tango than MJ but a good track and wonderful video all the same.
played it at 3:30ish Monday morning in the main hall, thanks for the suggestion tho
I ordered (about 3 weeks ago) the Gotan Project DVD - it arrived 8 hours after I left for Southport:tears:
peter