PDA

View Full Version : Who's Attending What Weekend 9 / 10 / 11 Feb 2007?

robd
6th-February-2007, 02:37 AM
A thread for us sheep :D

If it's not listed then add it below :nice:

Sheepman
6th-February-2007, 03:18 AM
A thread for us sheep :what:

As well as Utopia, I'm doing 2 events not on that list:-

Saturday night, Leroc Valentine's do at Ashtead, with Darren & Lana from SDF (and WCS room)

Sunday pm Jango t-jive at Ceroc Oxford.

Looks like another good w/e :clap:

Greg

under par
6th-February-2007, 09:26 AM
:what:

Saturday night, Leroc Valentine's do at Ashtead, with Darren & Lana from SDF (and WCS room)

Sunday pm Jango t-jive at Ceroc Oxford.

Looks like another good w/e :clap:

Greg

Its Utopia Fri, Hammersmith Sat, Jango workshop and Tjive in Oxford Sunday and if the legs can manage it we will finish the weekend at Berko on Sunday evening.
Almost a weekender !!

Cruella
6th-February-2007, 09:33 AM
Its Utopia Fri, ...........etc!!

Ditto :D Excepting i'll do Bisley instead of Oxford (presuming Rob's right, as i didn't know it was on)

Marc Forster
6th-February-2007, 09:52 AM
Looks like being one of those weekends where you want to be everywhere at the same time. Tough choice folks. I know that both myself and Ian Morgan (OXO) are like two greyhounds in the trap who can't wait to get our teeth into that pesky rabbit.

Best of luck at Twyford mate. We should do a Live Aid style link up with Berkhampstead and Twyford dancing to the same music at the same time. :waycool: :waycool: .

drathzel
6th-February-2007, 10:11 AM
workshops and freestyle in belfast!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Top Bird
6th-February-2007, 10:53 AM
Utopia and Hammersmith for me - Sunday will put my feet up and chill

MartinHarper
6th-February-2007, 10:55 AM
Fri - Goodnight Sweetheart (GNSH)
Sat - GNSH
Sun - GNSH
Mon - recover from GNSH

fletch
6th-February-2007, 12:18 PM
Looks like being one of those weekends where you want to be everywhere at the same time. Tough choice folks. I know that both myself and Ian Morgan (OXO) are like two greyhounds in the trap who can't wait to get our teeth into that pesky rabbit.

Best of luck at Twyford mate. We should do a Live Aid style link up with Berkhampstead and Twyford dancing to the same music at the same time. :waycool: :waycool: .

You and me alike :sick:

Going to Utoipa with OXO'S on Friday, still undecided about Saturday, I feel it will be easyer all round to go to Twyford, I havn't been before, and I can take and support OXO'S on his debut. Going to Oxford 't' jive Sunday making it easier to get home :clap:

If my feet can cope :tears:

Daisy Chain
6th-February-2007, 01:03 PM
Is there nothing in the NW? Otherwise, might have to wash my hair

Daisy

(A Hopeful Little Flower)

DavidY
6th-February-2007, 01:27 PM
Is there nothing in the NW?Looks like (amongst others) there's Ceroc at Nantwich and Blitz at Chester on Saturday night.

Sheepman
6th-February-2007, 05:37 PM
Tjive in Oxford Sunday and if the legs can manage it we will finish the weekend at Berko on Sunday evening. Hmm, good point, Berko's almost on the way home from Oxford...
But I don't want to leave a car load of equipment parked in public, any ideas?

Greg

Mary
6th-February-2007, 05:48 PM
Where and what time is the Jango T-dance in Oxford? Is it anything to do with Jive +?

M

Cruella
6th-February-2007, 05:53 PM
Where and what time is the Jango T-dance in Oxford? Is it anything to do with Jive +?

M

Look here (http://www.fusiondance.freeservers.com/Oxford.html) :flower:

Mary
6th-February-2007, 06:01 PM

Thank you. :hug:

M

marty_baby
6th-February-2007, 06:19 PM

Crumbs!

Good thing you mentioned it!

We could have turn't up at the Putney place on Sunday! :what:

fletch
6th-February-2007, 06:55 PM
Jango workshop and Tjive in Oxford Sunday

does anyone know if I need to book for the 't' dance? I don't want to do the workshop

:flower:

Sheepman
6th-February-2007, 07:21 PM
No need to book, you can just turn up for the t-jive.

Greg

Daisy Chain
6th-February-2007, 08:49 PM
Looks like (amongst others) there's Ceroc at Nantwich and

Any idea if the floor has improved? I've not been for about 2 months as for the latter part of 2006, someone had removed the polish from that lovely spinny floor and it wasn't possible to execute even a single spin without wrenching ones knees.

Daisy

(A Fragile Little Flower)

Lynn
7th-February-2007, 01:38 AM
workshops and freestyle in belfast!:clap: :clap: :clap:Me too. :D

jammy
7th-February-2007, 01:12 PM
Hammersmith for me and sunday the day of rest hopefully

under par
7th-February-2007, 01:16 PM
Hammersmith for me and sunday the day of rest hopefully

Jammy or anyone else know who is djing in the blues room at Hammersmith??

Cruella
7th-February-2007, 01:36 PM
Tessalicious is DJing :clap:

TheTramp
7th-February-2007, 02:16 PM
Tessalicious is DJing :clap:

:yeah:

She's really excited about it. I'm sure that she'll do a fantastic job! :hug:

foxylady
7th-February-2007, 02:26 PM
:yeah:

She's really excited about it. I'm sure that she'll do a fantastic job! :hug:

She always plays fab music when she is DJing at Muswell Hill. She can't play as much of the interesting stuff that she'd like as she needs to cater for the newer people, but I loved her set at the Cheeky Monkeys T-dance, and am looking forward to her hammersmith one (if I'm allowed out)....

DianaS
7th-February-2007, 02:33 PM
Argentine Tango Milonga in Birmingham (http://www.tangoinbrum.co.uk/)

OXO'S
7th-February-2007, 08:44 PM

Thanks Marc what a bloody good idea that is it could be great fun,really looking forward to this saturday. :cheers:

Brady
7th-February-2007, 10:14 PM
:what:

Greg

Can somebody fill me in on what, when, and where Utopia is?? :confused:

Susan & I are coming down this weekend to fill in for Darren & Lana at Ashtead (perhaps we won't see some of you there now :what: ) and are going to try to get out to Bisley on Sunday.

We're debating whether to come down for Friday night and if we do we need to find somewhere to crash. Any recommendations welcome! :)

Cheers,

Brady

David Bailey
7th-February-2007, 10:19 PM
Can somebody fill me in on what, when, and where Utopia is?? :confused:
http://www.utopiadance.co.uk/

It's sold out for Friday, however. :sad:

Yliander
7th-February-2007, 11:20 PM
http://www.utopiadance.co.uk/

It's sold out for Friday, however. :sad:
:tears: :tears: :tears: well there goes that plan

jive_me
7th-February-2007, 11:23 PM
Hmmmm, Chester or Nantwich for me. Chester is closer (will have to find out about tickets though) but on the other hand I haven't been to Nantwich for almost a year now and it used to be a good night...hmmmmm

xXx:flower:

Baruch
7th-February-2007, 11:30 PM
Cardiff Dance Club weekender at Paignton for me. It was good last year, so I'm looking forward to it. Unfortunately I've hurt my back, so I'm going to have to take it easy for most of the weekend and open myself to charges of hotshotism by only dancing with carefully-selected partners that won't wrench my back and put me out of action.

purplehyacinth
8th-February-2007, 12:10 AM
Newcastle Festival for me. See here (http://www.rscds-newcastle.org/page6.html) if you're interested, but I doubt that you will be, as it's Scottish Country Dancing. Nothing to do with ceroc or MJ, so don't expect to see any of you there.

Dai
8th-February-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm supposed to be going to leicester on friday - but i guess that is dependant on the levels of snow!! We will see...

wicked blue
8th-February-2007, 11:15 AM
OOO a lovely weekend full of wonderful places to go dancing! and i may not be able to do any of it...:tears: i'm currently fighting a nasty fluey bug which i came down with after southport, still not top banana :sad: ...in fact my bed is calling me..

Lory
8th-February-2007, 12:18 PM
i'm currently fighting a nasty fluey bug which i came down with after southport, still not top banana :sad: ...in fact my bed is calling me..:yeah: I'm in bed typing this :sick: :tears:

I really want to be OK for tomorrow :o

Paul F
8th-February-2007, 12:48 PM
OOO a lovely weekend full of wonderful places to go dancing! and i may not be able to do any of it...:tears: i'm currently fighting a nasty fluey bug which i came down with after southport, still not top banana :sad: ...in fact my bed is calling me..

Im suffering too. Im putting it down to the smell of damp in our chalet at Southport :sad:

Freya
8th-February-2007, 01:00 PM
Not dancing this weekend as I've had enough traveling and have the BB next weekend!

Planing on going sledging instead! :clap:

fletch
8th-February-2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks Marc what a bloody good idea that is it could be great fun,really looking forward to this saturday. :cheers:

Looks like you got me for company OXO'S :na:

Utopia Friday and Twyford Saturday, I havn't been to Twyford before so go easy on me :wink: coming home early on Sunday so I won't be doing Oxford :tears:

better start packing, what to wear :confused:

I think it will be a bad journey from the Midlands tomorrow :sick:
especialy as I carn't use the toll road and have to travel around Birmingham with the children first :(

:flower:

Lynn
8th-February-2007, 08:33 PM
Me too. :DRealised recently that with FL two weeks ago, Southport last weekend, and Belfast party this Sat - I will be going to freestyles 3 weeks in a row for the first time ever! :clap:

Frankie_4711
9th-February-2007, 09:21 AM
Utopia on Friday, and most probably the Valentine freestyle at Orpington on Saturday.

Yliander
9th-February-2007, 09:49 AM
being on my second day home sick there will be no dancing for me this weekend *sigh* - seems a much better plan to keep my germs to myself this weekend

Barry Shnikov
9th-February-2007, 06:24 PM
:yeah: I'm in bed typing this :sick: :tears:

Quick quick - think of something else...tower bridge - arr, no good...Tate Modern - worse...hamsters going round a wheel...phew! that's better.:nice:

Bluey
10th-February-2007, 12:22 AM
of course going to LeRoc Valantine dance Ashtead, I see now from email sent out Brady & Susan will be there from Edinburgh teaching WCS and a freestyle dance demo later that night.

WittyBird
10th-February-2007, 03:51 AM
Brady & Susan will be there from Edinburgh teaching WCS and a freestyle dance demo later that night.

Worth going just to see those two dance :D :D

Minnie M
10th-February-2007, 04:42 AM
of course going to LeRoc Valantine dance Ashtead, I see now from email sent out Brady & Susan will be there from Edinburgh teaching WCS and a freestyle dance demo later that night.

:clap: :yeah: :clap:
I'll be there - Susan is as near to the way the Americans dance than anyone we have in the UK and Brady is so smooooooooth and fab to dance with.

SeriouslyAddicted
10th-February-2007, 12:44 PM
Utopia on Friday, and most probably the Valentine freestyle at Orpington on Saturday.

See you tonight then coz that it where me and TT will be too :clap:

Lynn
10th-February-2007, 01:24 PM
workshops and freestyle in belfast!:clap: :clap: :clap:Going well so far. I've popped back home (I'm less than 10 mins from the venue) going back soon.

The hall is a bit chilly due to a cold miserable day - as people arrived for the first workshop and were taking their coats off, getting shoes changed etc - Drathzel went and made everyone tea and coffee. :respect:

Better get ready and head down again for the next workshop.

MartinHarper
12th-February-2007, 07:29 PM
GNSH was good, but I didn't enjoy it as much as last year. I had a cold, and it was too soon after Southport for me. It wasn't as smoothly organised this time either, and that intruded at times. I'll probably skip it next year.

Noelle Gray taught a nice blues class, teaching (at our request) mostly basics. She's in black in this (unrelated) clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6PQCVBsfP4

Peter Loggins was the best teacher there in my book. He taught some (pure) Balboa, some Lindy. In Balboa he talked a bit about the lead (or follow?) dropping his heel on some steps as opposed to others, for emphasis. Invisible, inaudible (done right), and leads nothing. It's simply felt from the vibrations running through the couple's bodies. Subtle. Pure-bal seems like "micro-blues" turned into a proper dance.

Cruella
12th-February-2007, 07:39 PM
What a great weekend! Utopia was the bees knees on friday night. Can't think of anything negative to say at all (apart from my feet killing me by the end!) I enjoyed this one even more than the first, don't know why, I was just in the 'zone' all night. :clap:
Went shopping in Camden Market with Fletch, Oxo, Witty and Jamie on saturday.
Hammersmith saturday night, I didn't enjoy this so much but I think it was because I was tired and it was an anticlimax in comparison to Utopia. Tessalicious did a grand job in the blues room, it was just a shame that more people weren't down there to enjoy her set.:sad:
Sunday I did the 5 hour WCS workshop and freestyle at Bisley. I was on my knees by the end of it! Very nearly decided to not go to Berkhampstead. Witty and I decided we'd have a look in and if it wasn't inspiring we'd have an early night. So glad we did! I was buzzing within minutes of arriving and being grabbed for a dance by Marc, then followed by many other great leads. I adore WCS but it is very tiring, I found the adrenalin shot I got from jiving set me up for the rest of the evening to finish off what was a fantastic weekend. Thanks to all my friends for their hospitality and looking after the country bumpkin in big scary London.
Now where can hubby take the kids next............:whistle:

Lory
12th-February-2007, 09:23 PM
She's in black in this (unrelated) clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6PQCVBsfP4

A bit of a 'funky chicken' thing going on there with the head, me thinks :whistle: