PDA

View Full Version : The Blue Room

Yogi_Bear
5th-February-2007, 12:09 AM
OK, I'm considering going to The Blue Room in Beeston, Nottingham on 18 February www.danslika.demon.co.uk - anyone go to the first session on 21 January. and if so can you give any feedback?
Thinking of going to Jive Addiction at Derby Rollerworld and could do with a chill out afternoon on the way home the following day :waycool:

DavidY
5th-February-2007, 04:32 PM
Anyone go to the first session on 21 January?Yes, I did.

It's pretty informal. Quite a small room, and a small group of people, with Mike playing rather more interesting music than the average Ceroc night.

Generally a relaxed atmosphere - I spent more time than average chatting with friends as opposed to dancing.

I'm intending to go back on 18th Feb.:nice:

jivecat
5th-February-2007, 11:50 PM
Thinking of going to Jive Addiction at Derby Rollerworld and could do with a chill out afternoon on the way home the following day :waycool:

I think it would be perfect for that, and more men would be greatly appreciated. The music is varied and chilled but not dead slow. Definitely not the standard Ceroc mix. I think I might make some cakes for this one.

Numbers trebled in the second one from the first one. If we can keep this up can any one calculate how long it would be before the weight of dancers starts causing sea level rises around the coasts of Britain? Because I can't.

Yogi_Bear
6th-February-2007, 09:46 AM
I think it would be perfect for that, and more men would be greatly appreciated. The music is varied and chilled but not dead slow. Definitely not the standard Ceroc mix. I think I might make some cakes for this one.

Numbers trebled in the second one from the first one. If we can keep this up can any one calculate how long it would be before the weight of dancers starts causing sea level rises around the coasts of Britain? Because I can't.
Thanks - sounds good, if you had only ten the first week you would have 810 by the fifth week according to my maths, well on the way to being a sizeable weekender...:whistle:

jivecat
18th-February-2007, 12:20 PM
Should be a good option to those not exhausted by their exertions at the Monster Rollerball. The venue's about 10 minutes drive from J25 of the M1 for people who are staying in the area for that event. The music is a great mix of smooth jive, latin, tango & swing.

You still going, David Y & Yogi?

DavidY
18th-February-2007, 12:50 PM
You still going, David Y?Yep, still planning to go. :)

Yogi_Bear
18th-February-2007, 11:32 PM
Should be a good option to those not exhausted by their exertions at the Monster Rollerball. The venue's about 10 minutes drive from J25 of the M1 for people who are staying in the area for that event. The music is a great mix of smooth jive, latin, tango & swing.

You still going, David Y & Yogi?
No, made it to WCS at Corby in the end, but the extra travelling to Nottingham didn't really appeal afterwards.....