PDA

View Full Version : Visit to Aberdeen [combined]

purplehyacinth
24th-January-2007, 01:54 AM
I am going to be in Aberdeen next week (week commencing 29 Jan), which means, of course, I will be paying the Aberdeen ceroc class a visit....:nice:

The class I am most likely to be at is the Wednesday Jumpin Jak's class.

It would be lovely to put names to faces of some of the Aberdeen-dwelling forumites. So, if any of you see me there, please do say "hello".

(I'll probably be wearing an oversize purple t-shirt with the logo of IVFDF 2007. If I'm not wearing that, then I'll be wearing a normal -sized one (not sure which colour yet) bearing the badge (and name) of the Dunedin Dancers. Just so you can recognise me).

Freya
24th-January-2007, 02:01 AM
Hi Look forward to meeting you!

Would recomend the Tues class out at culter as well!

What are you doing up here? Sightseeing, working?

Genie
24th-January-2007, 03:16 AM
Look forward to meeting you, especially if you manage the Tuesday class ;-)

TheTramp
24th-January-2007, 03:28 AM
Yeah right. Don't come out to the Tuesday class then! :yum:

Wuzzle
24th-January-2007, 09:12 AM
Cool will see you up here. Tuesdays a good night out :D no doubt i'll see you at some point. You can always ceroc more than once. i know i do. but then am still somewhat addicted... :nice: so see you on cerocday

Beowulf
24th-January-2007, 11:02 AM
I rarely go to the Wednesday / Thursday night classes (despite them literally being around the corner from me)

I normally go to the Tuesday night class, but it's a bit of a pain getting out to from town if you're lacking transportation.

It has a much better atmostphere IMHO than the cattle market feel of JJ's but then I am an old fogey :)

Hope to meet you at some venue at some point.

Pete

purplehyacinth
24th-January-2007, 10:28 PM
In answer to the various questions - it's work I'm coming to Aberdeen for, not pleasure (sad to say).

The difficulty I have with Tuesday is that it is in Peterculter and I am reliant on public transport - which makes JJ's a much more attractive prospect, since my accommodation is within 10 - 15 mins walk of Union St. Unless, of course, someone can tell me that there is a reliable bus to (and more important) back from Peterculter, when it runs and where to get it.:)

Hope to see some of you at some point anyway.

Beowulf
24th-January-2007, 11:33 PM
In answer to the various questions - it's work I'm coming to Aberdeen for, not pleasure (sad to say).

The difficulty I have with Tuesday is that it is in Peterculter and I am reliant on public transport - which makes JJ's a much more attractive prospect, since my accommodation is within 10 - 15 mins walk of Union St. Unless, of course, someone can tell me that there is a reliable bus to (and more important) back from Peterculter, when it runs and where to get it.:)

Hope to see some of you at some point anyway.

I stay within 5 mins of JJ's and I take the Gadget-express to the Peterculter venue ;) Also the number 17 bus runs "fairly" frequently and drops you off across the road from the venue (just cross the road, walk up the side street and into the social club near the bowling club.

Gadget normally picks me up en-route to class. I can't speak for him.. but if you were to ask him nicely ... :whistle: :wink:

Monika
25th-January-2007, 01:54 AM
I Also the number 17 bus runs "fairly" frequently and drops you off across the road from the venue (just cross the road, walk up the side street and into the social club near the bowling club.
:

...used to be bus number 19??? :confused: 17 used to go to Bucksburn... Might be worth checking... Bucksburn kind of totally opposite direction...
I used to get bus 19 from George Street or from Union Street and stops very close to venue. Every half hour or so and last return left Peterculter about 22.35 pm so had to make swift exit or get a lift with someone :nice: :flower:
Hope you have a great time in Aberdeen :hug:

Caro
25th-January-2007, 09:09 AM
hi PH,

i'll be back in aberdeen next week and can give you a lift to the peterculter class if you want - PM me and we'll arrange that
although for timing reasons i don't usually make it for the beginners class :wink:

TheTramp
25th-January-2007, 10:45 AM
although for timing reasons i don't usually make it for the beginners class :wink:

Hotshot!! :na:

Beowulf
25th-January-2007, 10:55 AM
Also the number 17 bus runs "fairly" frequently

...used to be bus number 19??? :confused:

OOPS! Sorry my bad! Yes, 19 not 17. I'm that used to seeing the 17 bus on way to my work I had that in my head.

Many apologies for the confusion. Thanks Monika for pointing that out. :respect:

Gadget
25th-January-2007, 02:23 PM
Gadget normally picks me up en-route to class. I can't speak for him.. but if you were to ask him nicely ... :whistle: :wink:Depending on the people, it might be a bit cozey :wink::drool: but I'm sure we could work something out :D

PM me if you're not already taking up Caro on her offer :flower:

Bill
25th-January-2007, 04:24 PM
It would be lovely to put names to faces of some of the Aberdeen-dwelling forumites. So, if any of you see me there, please do say "hello".

(I'll probably be wearing an oversize purple t-shirt with the logo of IVFDF 2007. If I'm not wearing that, then I'll be wearing a normal -sized one (not sure which colour yet) bearing the badge (and name) of the Dunedin Dancers. Just so you can recognise me).

I should be there on the Wednesday as well - one of my regular 1 day visits. iI hear the Wednesday nights have been very busy lately ( 170 last week !!?) but the THursdays are pretty quiet.

Hope to have a dance and I'll look out for a purple t-shirt :D

Caro
26th-January-2007, 01:22 AM
Hotshot!! :na:

moi? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

purplehyacinth
4th-February-2007, 11:03 AM
Was going to stick this as a final post on the "visit to Aberdeen" thread, but it seems to have dropped off the forum, so have had to put it on a new thread.

This is just an after-the-event post to say that I really enjoyed Tuesday in Peterculter, and meeting the various forumites there whom I hadn't met before: Freya, Genie, Beo, Gadget Wuzzle, and Caro. It was lovely to meet you all and put faces to the names.:flower:

Also a big "Thank you" to Caro for the lift to Peterculter.:flower: :flower:

See you all soon - or at least, next time I'm up in the Granite City on a ceroc night:nice: .

Genie
4th-February-2007, 05:00 PM
It was nice to meet you too Purple. I am glad you had a good evening. Hope to see you around more often in the future? :wink:

Wuzzle
4th-February-2007, 05:45 PM
Yeah was nice to put a face to the name :nice: come back soon.

Hopefully i wont have another tooth taken away by the evil dentist... so i'll be in better spirits. And not feeling so fragile.

Beowulf
4th-February-2007, 06:10 PM
was a pleasure to meet and dance with you. Hope to meet you again soon.

Best regards

Pete

Piglet
5th-February-2007, 10:01 AM
Sorry I missed your visit up here - hope to meet you next time round :hug:

purplehyacinth
8th-February-2007, 12:02 AM
hope to meet you next time round :hug:

..... come back soon.

...... Hope to meet you again soon.

......Hope to see you around more often in the future? :wink:

Careful what you wish for guys...I might take that as encouragement to come back.:wink: Next visit up north which will include cerocable nights will be in mid-March. See you all then, if not before.