PDA

View Full Version : Deathly Hallows - publication date announced

Divissima
1st-February-2007, 03:34 PM
For the other HP fans of the Forum.

I've just seen this (http://books.guardian.co.uk/harrypotter/story/0,,2003639,00.html) :clap: :clap:

So, who wants to get in early with predictions about the last instalment - who will get together, who will survive, and who will get their comeuppance (and from whom)??

Jamie
1st-February-2007, 03:37 PM
Whoop! Love Harry Potter! Well, not Harry really, Ron does it for me :wink:

Can't wait for DH to come out, i'm awaiting Pre-Order to become available...

Who's gonna check to see if the last word is "Scar"? I don't know if I dare! :really:

Beowulf
1st-February-2007, 03:45 PM
So, who wants to get in early with predictions about the last instalment - who will get together, who will survive, and who will get their comeuppance (and from whom)??

1. Dumbledore isn't dead.. or if he is his phoenix will some how bring him back. Too much use of the phoenix and him being cremated if you ask me. He'll make a Gandalf style entrance at some point, after being mistaken for some "weird stranger" or "voldermort" even?

2. Snape isn't a bad guy but a very sneaky undercover agent.

3. Snape will get killed while heroically saving Harry from Voldermort.

4. Harry will kill voldermort.

Ron and hermione will get together.

There'll be a big party at the end of the book with lots of fireworks and drum music while all the ewoks dance around the camp fire.. oops sorry wrong epic !!

Jamie
1st-February-2007, 03:50 PM
1. Dumbledore isn't dead.. or if he is his phoenix will some how bring him back. Too much use of the phoenix and him being cremated if you ask me. He'll make a Gandalf style entrance at some point, after being mistaken for some "weird stranger" or "voldermort" even?

Ron and hermione will get together.

There'll be a big party at the end of the book with lots of fireworks and drum music while all the ewoks dance around the camp fire.. oops sorry wrong epic !!

Although most of what you said is true, it's predicted one of the 3 will die in the final battle... my guess is Ron. :tears:

Divissima
1st-February-2007, 03:58 PM
For what it's worth:

I think Dumbledore is really dead and won't come back (although his portrait may provide a way for Harry to use him for support) - killing him off means Harry really has to stand on his own two feet and face Voldemort alone in the final showdown

If one of the three dies, my money would be on Harry - his fate is so intertwined with Voldemort that it would not surprise me if they both have to die (as hinted at, I think, in one of the previous books - I'll have to refresh my memory) - Harry may be a horcrux and may have to die in order for Voldemort to die

It would not surprise me if Snape really is evil and has been working as a double agent - I think Harry may have to do battle with Snape (and win) before the final showdown

The ewoks will prove decisive to the final battle and will help destroy the ring of power

LMC
1st-February-2007, 04:10 PM
I expect I shall buy my copy heavily discounted from my local Tescos at about teatime on the day it's released. Remarkably effective with no queues for the last two HPs.

Agree that Dumbledore is really dead, but that his portrait will come in handy.

Agree that Snape is a double agent, but am going to guess that *he* will be the one to actually kill Voldemort and be killed himself in the battle - I seem to recall HP being very depressed at the thought that he would either die or have to kill V in cold blood - perhaps JKR will save him from that moral dilemma. HP will be present though, having destroyed all the remaining Horcruxes, but will be held up by slow-on-the-uptake Malfoy while Snape races ahead, so say to 'warn' Voldemort but actually to dust him.

Ron & Hermione/Harry & Ginny - no brainer.

Perhaps I'm wrong and HP will die so JKR doesn't have to write about him any more - I'd be fairly bored with him if I were her (although all that cash must make up for it). But there would be such an outcry if she did kill him off (remember Conan Doyle having to bring back Sherlock Holmes?) - and think about the loss of future revenues (:rolleyes: ): HP going to Wizard University, HP training to be an Auror and mopping up all Voldemort's supporters, HP suddenly realising that Voldemort was just the sidekick and the Most Ultimately Evil Wizard in the universe is actually Arthur Weasley, HP's children (hooray, more Hogwarts), etc.

The ewoks will turn out to be in disguise from an alternate universe, possibly the Dungeon Dimensions... sorry, I'm getting my authors mixed now too.

TheTramp
1st-February-2007, 06:13 PM
1. Voldemort will come to realise that a life of evil is a bad thing, repent, and most of the book will be talking about flower-growing over tea and crumpets.

2. Snape will turn out to be Harry's father, due to a brief liaison he had with Lily just before they left Hogwarts. And the rest of the book will be about father-son bonding sessions.

Lounge Lizard
1st-February-2007, 06:23 PM
Snape could well be a goody, dumbledore had to have a good reason to trust him, also the 'I told you so' element is so strong, making Dumbledore wrong and everyone else right - this seems out of charecter with her writing & the wise old headmaster.

What if......?
(I seem to remember harry was not the first infant he attacked),
What if at this time, Voldemort killed one of Snapes young relatives, possibly a son no one knew about if this is the case that would give Dumbledore good reason to trust him. (who would the mother be)

If this the last Book, Harry has to die, then the story can end - or become a spin off mini series on Sky One:eek:

If he does not return to Hogwarts, where will the central location be and will we see a bunch of new wizards.
can't wait
p

Little Yellow Fish
12th-February-2007, 07:29 PM
:waycool: ANybody have any ideas about who RAB is? You know, from the necklace horcrux in the cave?

I'm thinking Regulus Black, as we all remember the fabulous Sirius telling Harry that his brother was killed by Voldemort himself, but doubts he was important enough...

I don't think JK would be cruel enough to kill off both of Harry's parents, Sirius, Dumbledore and Ron. That would just be too much for one wee guy to handle.

I dont think Harry will die. I think that he will survive and JK will write more books in the future about his fight to remove the Death Eaters as an auror. She hinted last year some time that she might write another book for charity

:waycool: xx

Mezzosoprano
16th-February-2007, 10:55 PM
The publication is iminent (well, July anyway) of the last Harry Potter book so I wondered if anyone else would be reserving a copy - also, rumour has it that a couple of major characters are going to get bumped off... so who might it be and why???

Couple of Bertie Botts Beans of Every Flavour for anyone?

Just realised that this should probably be in the book club bit.... dozey idiot that I am

Mezzosoprano
16th-February-2007, 11:25 PM
1. Voldemort will come to realise that a life of evil is a bad thing, repent, and most of the book will be talking about flower-growing over tea and crumpets.

2. Snape will turn out to be Harry's father, due to a brief liaison he had with Lily just before they left Hogwarts. And the rest of the book will be about father-son bonding sessions.

Ye Gads! That's just toooo awful! The boy would end up in some kind of therapy or Wizard Borstal

Dreadful Scathe
17th-February-2007, 05:43 AM
Harry dies at the end, but somehow lives on in some weird magical way. Snape is a plant to confuse the deatheaters, and a good guy. Dumbledore is not dead. People discover this is a childrens book.

Icey
18th-February-2007, 11:23 AM
Harry dies at the end ...

Can you imagine the uproar if JKR did this? :eek:

Dreadful Scathe
18th-February-2007, 01:48 PM
what do you mean "if" , she will, theres no doubt about it :)

Baruch
18th-February-2007, 10:11 PM
Dumbledore is not dead.
'Fraid Dumbledore is definitely dead. JKR herself has said so in an interview (too lazy to find the link right now though).

Dreadful Scathe
19th-February-2007, 10:23 AM
'Fraid Dumbledore is definitely dead. JKR herself has said so in an interview (too lazy to find the link right now though).

here (http://www.hpana.com/news.19531.html) :( ...sob... ;)

Barry Shnikov
19th-March-2007, 02:18 PM
I refer to my previous post on the subject of the pre-publication forum dizziness for the last book.:wink:

Barry Shnikov
19th-March-2007, 02:19 PM
People discover this is a childrens book.

:what:

purplehyacinth
19th-March-2007, 11:26 PM
Regulus Black does seem to be the obvious choice for RAB. But equally, it could be some character who hasn't been mentioned yet. Doubtless Harry will spend part of the book looking for RAB.

The other thing that probably has to be a big influence in the "final showdown" is the overwhelming power of love. JKR has always had that as a major influence in the books. E.g. vol 1, HP's protection against Voldemort is that his mother died to save him, which can only be neutralised (but only to a degree) in HP4 by Voldemort using some of HP's blood for his regeneration, but even that notwithstanding, in HP5 and HP6, the protection given to HP by the fact that his mother died out of love to save him is preserved at the place where his mother's blood dwells... etc etc. Also in HP5, what drives Voldemort out when he tries to possess HP is when HP feels joy (deriving from his love for Sirius) at the thought of death reuniting him with Sirius. And Dumbledore keeps yakking on about "love" being the power "which the Dark Lord knows not...."

And so on and so on....

So, my feeling is that the final battle will somehow involve Voldemort's power being defeated love.... maybe someone sacrificing themselves out of love (but that is a bit reminiscent of the first volume, Harry's mother etc...)

After the various horcruxes have been dealt with, of course.

Gadget
20th-March-2007, 02:07 PM
I think that Malfoy will 'bond' with Harry after LordV bumps off his parents.

I think that Nevil may be the one to defeat LordV in the end, but die nastily.

I think Harry will end up wandering the world incogneto and everyone else thinking he is dead.

Beowulf
22nd-March-2007, 09:25 AM
I think that Malfoy will 'bond' with Harry

I don't think it's that sort of book Gadge, but there are lots of homo-erotic fan fiction sites out there if that's what floats your boar :wink:

I can't see harry wandering the world as a "dead man" although there's a strong chance he will sacrifice himself to save the people he cares about.

I still think his Aunt Petunia has something to do with the story. I think she may love him after all.

of course, Voldermort may win, kill everyone and live happily ever after in his black palace built on the ruins of the former Houses of Parliament. ;)

the whale
22nd-March-2007, 10:11 AM
I think RAB... is actually Rab C Nesbit, by the way, I will tell you this boy!

Who, will of course, save the day by defeating the evil Lord Voldemort, otherwise known as Jamsie Cotter :wink:

D

Jamie
16th-July-2007, 05:53 PM
5 More Sleeps! :D

Cruella
16th-July-2007, 05:57 PM
Woohoo! It'll give me something to do next weekend instead of dancing!

Jamie
16th-July-2007, 06:14 PM
Woohoo! It'll give me something to do next weekend instead of dancing!

I'll probably be double troubling... Reading with one hand, dance with the other :D

Sit out every other song to read a chapter :what:

Icey
16th-July-2007, 08:31 PM
Regulus Black does seem to be the obvious choice for RAB. But equally, it could be some character who hasn't been mentioned yet. Doubtless Harry will spend part of the book looking for RAB.

I've just been re-reading HBP (HP6) ready for Saturday and I think perhaps RAB could be Regalus Black -

Remus Lupin " ... And they've found Igor Karkaroff's body in a shack up north. The Dark Mark had been set over it - well, frankly, I'm surpised he he stayed alive for even a year after deserting the Death Eaters; Sirius's brother Regalus only managed a few days as far as I can remember."

And the note in the false Horcrux said "... I know I will be long dead before you read this ..."

David Franklin
16th-July-2007, 09:07 PM
I've just been re-reading HBP (HP6) ready for Saturday and I think perhaps RAB could be Regalus BlackNote that the word "Black" will change when translated into foreign languages, so the accuracy of this guess can be tested by testing the initials in the various foreign translations.

Yes, it's pretty much confirmed that this is RAB (or at least that B stands for Black)

Caro
16th-July-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm really excited now, not long to wait :clap: :clap:

1. Dumbledore isn't dead.. or if he is his phoenix will some how bring him back.

No, I'm sure he's really dead. But I'm also sure that he knew Snape had to kill him (the imbreakable vow) because Snape told him. He was doomed anyway since his hand injury. So given he had time to think this through (and I'm sure that when he says 'please' to Snape just before dying he's pleading Snape to keep his promise and kill him, that's why Snape is so angry). Also I wouldn't be surprised if he's placed some sort of complicated protectivecharm on Harry that will only be realised once he is killed.

Agreed !

yes, but he will not use the Adava Kedavra curse. What will kill Voldemort is Harry managing to feel some pity for him.

ALso the fact that Voldemort drank unicorn blood to survive in HP1 will come into play.

Harry will survive, so will Ron, Hermione and Ginny. My guess is one of the twins will die, or their mother. Lupin will die too.

Beowulf
16th-July-2007, 10:01 PM
Well can I just ask one thing.. NO SPOILERS from ANYONE !! it'll be hard enough avoiding spoilers in the papers and on the news etc. I don't intend buying the book straight away (life's too short and I have other books I'm reading at the moment) but I do intend buying the book and consuming it over the course of an evening at some point soon after it's release.

NZ Monkey
16th-July-2007, 10:06 PM
As long as we're making predictions.....

My personal theory:
Snape was in love with Lily, and hates Harry in part because he looks so much like Snapes' bully James but reminds him of Lily because of his eyes.

I'm seconding Caro's suggestion that Snape's killing of Dumbledore is part of Dumbledores long term plan. Literarily speaking at least, Harry needs to face the final challenge without the protection of the all-powerful and all-knowing guardian that Dumbledore has been up until the end of HBP, or he isn't in any real danger. Dumbledore is well and truly dead and isn't coming back in any way.

Edit: Other predictions include Hagrid and Snape dying. I think they're well set up for dying in some way that's painful for the reader; Hagrid because he's so noble and likeable (and important in all the books) and Snape because he's so complex compared to the other characters and there's really still a lot of exposition that can turn him into a more sympathetic character in some brutal twist shortly before dying (I wouldn't put it beyond Rowling anyway...she's only given us tidbits for 6 books so far on Snape, so we're still in the dark in many important ways).

Baruch
16th-July-2007, 10:19 PM
Sit out every other song to read a chapter :what:
You can read a chapter in 3 minutes? :really:

I'll be out that night (a going away party for a friend who's moving to Chile) so I'll have to read the book in two sittings, pre- and post-party.

TheTramp
17th-July-2007, 01:57 AM
NO SPOILERS

What? Not even from the people who'll get the book 9 hours before you can, and will have read it by the time you get it?? :whistle:

under par
17th-July-2007, 02:47 AM
What? Not even from the people who'll get the book 9 hours before you can, and will have read it by the time you get it?? :whistle:

Come off it Steve!! you know you can't read that fast....... next you'll be telling me you can manage page 2 just as quick:D

NZ Monkey
17th-July-2007, 02:49 AM
What? Not even from the people who'll get the book 9 hours before you can, and will have read it by the time you get it?? :whistle:Not if the people who get the book 12 hours earlier get there first :wink:

TheTramp
17th-July-2007, 03:02 AM
Not if the people who get the book 12 hours earlier get there first :wink:

It's only 11 for you! :na:

You're only 2 hours ahead of me :rolleyes:

Jamie
17th-July-2007, 03:32 AM
Going to have to stay off the internet for a few days until I've read the whole thing...

When Book 6 was released, I was playing an online game and someone did a global shout 10 minutes after midnight saying "HAHA DUMBLEDORE DIES!" - completely spoiled the entire thing :angry:

I'm going to be sad and buy the book after the freestyle on friday night/sat morning... That's right isn't it? if it's available after 00:00 Saturday, that's friday night/Sat Morning? I'm confused! :confused:

Hayles
17th-July-2007, 06:43 AM
Ha ha Jamie you're not the only one! I shall be making a detour on the way home from wellingborough friday night so I can get a copy of HP. I shall prob spend the weekend reading it too!

straycat
17th-July-2007, 11:00 AM
Well can I just ask one thing.. NO SPOILERS from ANYONE !!

So I shouldn't post a link to the newly revealed ending (http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-%26-entertainment/harry-potter-saga-'all-a-dream'-says-rowling-20070716285/), for example? :whistle: (as revealed by the Ultimate in Internet Wisdom and Knowledge: the Daily Mash)

Jamie
17th-July-2007, 09:15 PM
So I shouldn't post a link to the newly revealed ending (http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-%26-entertainment/harry-potter-saga-%27all-a-dream%27-says-rowling-20070716285/), for example? :whistle: (as revealed by the Ultimate in Internet Wisdom and Knowledge: the Daily Mash)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now that would be funny.

Twirlie Bird
18th-July-2007, 04:52 PM
Just got back from watching the film at the cinema and now I am all excited about the new book. :clap: Think I will go and get book 6 from the shelf and get into the garden and read it again ready for Saturday. :clap:

My postman had better not be late.:angry: :rofl:

Don't expect I will see anyone over the weekend. :sick: Busy busy busy hiding from all spoilers and getting lost in the pages of the book I have waited the longest ever for. :clap:

Beowulf
18th-July-2007, 05:00 PM
Dammit !! I got sent a spoiler !! and since my my enjoyment has been destroyed I'll share the joy.

Last page.

Harry screamed "VOLDERMORT!!! YOU KILLED MY FATHER!!""
Voldermort turned to Harry and ran his hand over his scalp in a serpentine manner. "No Harry.... I AM your father"

at which point Harry drops from the top of Hogwarts ventilartion tower and disappears into the sytgian gloom below.

Only to be rescued by Hagrid flying on a giant Falcon he got last millenium.. :whistle:

purplehyacinth
18th-July-2007, 06:13 PM
Spoiler tcha.

That one of yours is a dud, Beo. If you go to JK Rowling's official website and check out the rumour-scotching section, she denies this - categorically.

Here are the quotes:

Rumour:"Voldemort is Harry's father/grandfather/close relative of some description".

JK Rowling's reply - dated as long ago as 18/02/04!

"No, no, no, no, no. You lot have definitely been watching too much Star Wars. James is DEFINITELY Harry's father. Doesn't everybody Harry meets say, "you look just like your father". And hasn't Dumbledore already told Harry that Voldemort is the last surviving descendent of Salazar Slytherin. Just to clarify - this means that Harry is NOT a descendent of Salazar Slytherin".

So, ignore the Spoiler, Beo and enjoy the book!

NZ Monkey
18th-July-2007, 09:14 PM
Hmmmm.... it looks like we're all getting the book at the same time at the moment. It's getting released at 11:01am here on the Saturday which would be 12:01am in the UK.

straycat
19th-July-2007, 11:01 AM
So, ignore the Spoiler, Beo and enjoy the book!

Um. I hope you're joking in your suggestion that you didn't realise Beo was joking. (for one thing - if Beo actually believed this, he's waaay too nice a guy to knowingly pass on a spoiler)

Of course - I might be joking in my suggestion that I didn't think you were joking when you suggested Beo wasn't joking.

Katie Kicks Ass
19th-July-2007, 11:06 AM
I pre-ordered mine about two months ago from a book company. Am in the process of reading all six so far in time to just continue with book seven. I'm on book three so far, started yesterday morning.

Jamie
19th-July-2007, 11:55 AM
I pre-ordered mine about two months ago from a book company. Am in the process of reading all six so far in time to just continue with book seven. I'm on book three so far, started yesterday morning.

I've been a lot slower but my timings good, I'm on chapter 28 "The lightning struck tower" of book 6 :D

whitetiger1518
19th-July-2007, 02:19 PM
Dammit !! I got sent a spoiler !! and since my my enjoyment has been destroyed I'll share the joy.

Last page.

Harry screamed "VOLDERMORT!!! YOU KILLED MY FATHER!!""
Voldermort turned to Harry and ran his hand over his scalp in a serpentine manner. "No Harry.... I AM your father"

at which point Harry drops from the top of Hogwarts ventilartion tower and disappears into the sytgian gloom below.

Only to be rescued by Hagrid flying on a giant Falcon he got last millenium.. :whistle:

Rep rep (grr button wont work - I wish I didn't have to rep people in certain orders grr) not only Star Wars but a :worthy: to the Master himself JRR Tolkien :worthy:

I'm not stressed about getting 7 (or even hearing the end). I need to reread Lord of the Rings, War and Peace and the Forsyte Saga anyway - so even if I do hear the ending, they should put any plotlines out of my head for a while - and yes I have read them all!

I'll potter (Groan - Sorry I'll get my coat) along and get it whenever I have finished the other 6 - I had read 5 and 6 from the library about a year before I bought them for myself.

Cheers
Whitetiger

Icey
19th-July-2007, 02:36 PM
As much as I will be looking forward to receiving my new HP book at 9am (approx) on Saturday morning curtusy of Amazon & Royal Mail I want a lie in more ... so I will be leaving a nice message taped to the front door to the postman saying:

"Dear Mr Postman,
I have had a late night and may not hear your knock, please don't take my new Harry Potter book to the sorting office. Please leave it by the doorstep ready for me to find when I eventually surface this afternoon.
Thankyou.
Tamzyn (aged 30)"

Tessalicious
19th-July-2007, 02:50 PM
Does anyone else feel really sorry for the postmen on Saturday? Just imagine how heavy that book's going to be, and how many per street - the post will take forever!

Icey
19th-July-2007, 02:51 PM
Does anyone else feel really sorry for the postmen on Saturday? Just imagine how heavy that book's going to be, and how many per street - the post will take forever!

On the last publication I think it was Parcel Force that delivered all the Amazon orders. I looked out the window and the poor man was going from door to door in my street :rofl:

whitetiger1518
19th-July-2007, 02:55 PM

Yep - they have my deepest sympathy - as do the bookshop staff...As many shops are opening at midnight or other awkward hours - not only do the staff have to contend with difficult schedules that night, they also have the impatient kids and probably grumpy adults in a large queue at a time when by all that is sane they should be at home asleep!

Total :respect:

Whitetiger

Barry Shnikov
19th-July-2007, 03:27 PM
I don't think it's that sort of book Gadge, but there are lots of homo-erotic fan fiction sites out there if that's what floats your boar :wink:

Floating boars - which book are they in?

Jamie
19th-July-2007, 05:16 PM
Floating boars - which book are they in?

Book 4 of course, during the 2nd task of the tri-wizard tournament! Keep up Barry!

Cruella
19th-July-2007, 05:25 PM
they also have the impatient kids and probably grumpy adults in a large queue at a time when by all that is sane they should be at home asleep!
There is a group of kids from my school going to London to meet JK Rowling at midnight tomorrow and get their books signed. How cool is that!

purplehyacinth
19th-July-2007, 07:25 PM
Of course - I might be joking in my suggestion that I didn't think you were joking when you suggested Beo wasn't joking.

Are you related to Sir Humphrey Appleby of "Yes Minister" fame, by any chance?

And as for whether I was joking or not.... I'll leave you guessing.

Beowulf
20th-July-2007, 11:58 AM

Are you related to Sir Humphrey Appleby of "Yes Minister" fame, by any chance?

And as for whether I was joking or not.... I'll leave you guessing.

of course, you may be joking about stray not joking about you joking about Me joking, the question beckons of course, Am I joking about you joking about stray not joking about you joking about me joking or am I merely joking about joking about you joking about stray not joking about you joking about me joking :confused:

David Franklin
21st-July-2007, 03:54 PM
I think Katie might have found some of the plot twists a bit shocking...

Lory
21st-July-2007, 04:03 PM
I think Katie might have found some of the plot twists a bit shocking...

Awww so sweet! She's lovely David :awe:

purplehyacinth
22nd-July-2007, 12:17 AM
of course, you may be joking about stray not joking about you joking about Me joking, the question beckons of course, Am I joking about you joking about stray not joking about you joking about me joking or am I merely joking about joking about you joking about stray not joking about you joking about me joking :confused:

So are you joking? And was I joking?

And which would you consider yourself to be? Sir Humphrey Appleby, Bernard Woolley or Jim Hacker?

To return to topic (!) have now finished the book. WOW. Very intense. So many plot twists and cliffhangers that it had me reeling (and not just because I was reading it in between scottish country dance practices;) ). Won't give the end away, but the twists and turns keep coming RIGHT up to the end.

Enjoy it, all you who have still to finish it.

I'm going to have to go back and read it again..... (addicted to books, moi?)

Husky_Cat
22nd-July-2007, 01:02 AM
I got the book, sat there for hours reading it until the end.

All i can say is a BIG BIG WOW!!!!

A Massive :respect: to the writer J K Rowling!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Baruch
22nd-July-2007, 01:49 AM
My copy, ordered from Amazon, didn't arrive. So now I'm going to have to wait until Monday to read it. Grr!

Beowulf
22nd-July-2007, 02:11 AM
have now finished the book. WOW. Very intense.

I got the book, sat there for hours reading it until the end

2am on A Saturday.. Guess what I've been up to :rolleyes: :wink:

I have to say i enjoyed the book immensely. Quite a few twists and turns and was enthralled right to the end.

I can safely go back online now ;) hehe I'd been "hiding" from anywhere where the ending could have been spoiled for me.

I have a few criticisms but I'll keep them to myself as they can't be posted with out giving away too much of the story.

Those who haven't finished it have a good read ahead of them :clap:

straycat
22nd-July-2007, 03:49 PM
I have to say i enjoyed the book immensely. Quite a few twists and turns and was enthralled right to the end.

I have a few criticisms but I'll keep them to myself as they can't be posted with out giving away too much of the story.

Those who haven't finished it have a good read ahead of them :clap:

:yeah:

Very satisfying conclusion to the series.

Jamie
22nd-July-2007, 08:43 PM
I too am back online now that I read the book!

I got it at 12:15.. got home at 01:00.. read from 01:01 until 10:01 non stop.. Then had to play "jamie's taxi" and run a few people around, Nan mainly.. Then back to the book for 2 hours straight, pick nan up again and then back to the book finished at 21:00... So too be about 20 hours to read the whole thing (I'm a slow reader) but it was worth not sleeping just to read it! Then in typical Jamie stylee, decided to head off to the local freestyle :waycool:

sway
22nd-July-2007, 09:51 PM
what did people think (that who have read it)

i really enjoyed it, took a while to read but glad when got to the end i wont spoile it for people that have not read it,

Mezzosoprano
23rd-July-2007, 11:26 AM
Got it at 1 am on Saturday morning and then HAD to sleep... Spent most of Saturday night reading though and have to say that I, like Beo, have a few tiny whinges. HOwever, on the whole a good conclusion.

Slightly sorry it's over.....

Caro
23rd-July-2007, 11:30 AM
Haven't had much sleep this weekend, but it was well worth it... have been waiting for so long for this!

Slightly sorry it's over.....

:yeah: , strange, hey? Feels like a big weekender blues, except that there isn't any more HP to look forward to... :( :tears: