PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Busk.

Little Em
1st-February-2007, 11:31 AM
Saturday 10th Feb.

12-3pm.

If anyone is around that day and not going to workshops then feel free to come along and support us!!

Em x:grin:

Lorna
4th-February-2007, 10:55 PM
Hi guys,

I shall be there too and I will be doing the music. (Better update my ipod).

Looking forward to catching up with lots of Aberdeen dancers. A little bird tells me that Lisa may be there too. So, promises to be a great afternoon. :clap:

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Mythical
4th-February-2007, 11:05 PM
If you don't mind me hijacking for a minute...what's a busk?
I kinda get the idea that you go outside and dance.....more detail, please??

Tiggerbabe
4th-February-2007, 11:16 PM
.what's a busk?
I kinda get the idea that you go outside and dance.....more detail, please??
Pretty much, a group of us, teachers and dancers meet up at a certain point, put on some music and dance, handing out leaflets to passers-by, telling them about our nights. Always great fun :D

Genie
5th-February-2007, 12:49 AM
When it's not really cold or raining :p

Tiggerbabe
5th-February-2007, 01:00 AM
It's always sunny when we're busking :na: :wink:

Gadget
6th-February-2007, 01:37 PM
I left 3" of snow this morning...

UK Outlook for Friday 9 Feb 2007 to Sunday 18 Feb 2007:
Starting cold and windy over NE parts of UK with sleet and hill snow. Elsewhere some brighter spells before cloud and rain spreads from the southwest during Friday. This cloud and rain will spread northeast to all parts of the UK over the weekend bringing milder weather to most parts by Sunday. The rain may be preceded by some further snow for northern mountains. After the week-end British Isles will remain unsettled with further periods of rain, though with shorter less wet showery intervals in between. Predominately southwest or west winds will bring milder temperatures, although the far north may see near normal temperatures and some further snow for high ground. Windy condition are likely with gale or severe gales for west and southwest parts at times through the week.
...so it looks like Franck/Sheena have arranged a break in the weather for us :D:worthy:

Beowulf
6th-February-2007, 02:05 PM
I left 3" of snow this morning...

...so it looks like Franck/Sheena have arranged a break in the weather for us :D:worthy:

hmm.. when I looked for ABERDEEN WEATHER (http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cities/can/Pages/CASK0002.htm#longTerm) it told me that it would have a low of -27 and a high of -22 but "Mainly sunny" on Saturday.. of course that is Aberdeen, Saskatchewan , Canada that is ;)

Gadget
9th-February-2007, 07:06 PM
Poss some sleet in the morning, cloudy but dry from lunch time into the afternoon, max of 4ยบ...

I may see you there :D

Lorna
10th-February-2007, 09:41 PM
Hi everyone,

First of all a big thank you to all who braved the cold weather and snow today. :respect: Was lovely to see you again.

I had the added excitement of meeting up with Rob May again. (The man who is on all of Ceroc's promotional logos - we did our CTA beginners course together). Thank you to Lisa for keeping it as a surprise. :flower:

Looking forward to seeing you all again next week at the BB on Sat night.

Lotsa love lorna x-x

Piglet
12th-February-2007, 09:18 AM
Glad it went well and hats off to all of you who braved the weather!

Roll on next weekend!