PDA

View Full Version : Windows Live OneCare

Jamie
31st-January-2007, 02:50 AM
Whoop, my first geek thread! :waycool:

Anyway, back on topic:

Has anyone tried Windows Live OneCare? I've just downloaded it today, for anyone who doesn't know what on earth I'm talking about, it's a new program developed by Microsoft that is an Antivirus, Firewall, works with Windows Defender to help eliminate spyware/adware, fequently tunes up your PC by defraging & scanning every few days...

I saw an advert for it today on Microsoft's site as I have just done my annual format, was updating windows as you do... and I saw a banner saying Windows Live OneCare... Saying all the Antivirus/Firewall stuff it has, I thought I'd give it a try...

Link: http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/update/onecare_live.mspx

Just asking has anyone else used this yet? It's free for 90 days so I'm planning on getting my use out of it first before I shell out... Just wondering what others think... Should I stick with OneCare, or go elsewhere and find a different AV/FW... I've used Norton for the past 2 years with little problems, just thought it time for a change!

:)

WittyBird
31st-January-2007, 02:53 AM
Sweetie, I will talk to you and guide you through it tomorrow :D There are better options and less expensive :rolleyes:

Kids eh :whistle:

ducasi
31st-January-2007, 09:23 AM
"Windows Live OneCare"? :confused:

You got to hand it to Microsoft, they really know how to name a product! :worthy:

Beowulf
31st-January-2007, 09:50 AM
I use "Beowulf Live Don't Care" :)

I have McAfee Internet security and basically I don't care about anything else.

(your mileage may vary)

pmjd
31st-January-2007, 10:42 AM
Ain't it wonderful that a company sells a product full of security holes in the first place, then charges you more to fix the security holes:confused:

There are other better, cheaper and quite a few free alternatives, I'll leave you in WB capable hands.

pmjd
6th-February-2007, 02:18 PM
Windows live onecare didn't do very well in a recent test!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6331959.stm