PDA

View Full Version : Cerocing to Waltz time

MouthoftheSouth
30th-January-2007, 02:46 AM
I juat looked up Ceroc on Wiki, and was surprised to find that apparently Ceroc can only be danced to 4/4 time.

Personally I love dancing it to 3/4 time - especially faster, or Vienesse waltz times, but the intermediate or country/New Vogue wlatz times are nice too. Slow waltzes are a little difficult being a bit tooooooo slow for my taste.

there is a lot of folk and country music in waltz time, and a bit of rock too - one of my favourites is Joan of Arc (Maid of New Orleans) by OMD, and there's the occasional modent one - I recall dancing to something last year that changed from 4/4 to 3/4 time in the middle of the song, then back again, much to the consternation and confusion of those not used to it! :)

Does anyone else share this perversion??!! ;)

TheTramp
30th-January-2007, 03:27 AM
Yes. I like dancing to Misery by Pink & Steve Tyler. In 3/4 time :D

Beowulf
30th-January-2007, 10:43 AM
so if you danced every dance in 3/4 time would you have 25% more dances each night? :wink:

Andreas
30th-January-2007, 01:32 PM
I wouldn't say that I'd go out of my way to dance MJ to Waltz timing but I have done it and it was fun. Produces an interesting 'swing' in all motions and moves. :D

FirstMove
30th-January-2007, 11:52 PM
so if you danced every dance in 3/4 time would you have 25% more dances each night? :wink:

You mean 33.3..% I think.:rolleyes:

MartinHarper
31st-January-2007, 01:02 AM
I juat looked up Ceroc on Wiki, and was surprised to find that apparently Ceroc can only be danced to 4/4 time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceroc says "Experienced Ceroc dancers occasionally dance to music outside those broad constraints". Also, Wiki is not Wikipedia.

Just because you can sing Auld Lang Syne to the tune of Unchained Melody doesn't make it music.

jiveoholic
31st-January-2007, 08:43 AM
I know it is not 3/4 time, but one Ceroc class I went to were "made" to dance to Beethoven's 5th Symphony!

Dorothy
1st-February-2007, 09:08 PM
Re. ceroc-ing to waltz time, why would you want to do that?
Surely it is easier to waltz.

David Bailey
2nd-February-2007, 11:22 AM
Re. ceroc-ing to waltz time, why would you want to do that?
Surely it is easier to waltz.
Space? Flexibility? Fun? Experimentation?

Tango has a waltz form ("vals"), why shouldn't MJ?

MartinHarper
2nd-February-2007, 12:25 PM
We've discussed this before (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3780).