PDA

View Full Version : What NOT to Wear Dancing

StokeBloke
29th-January-2007, 10:51 AM
This isn't a thread about Ceroc au natural (sorry to disappoint). This has probably been discussed before, but hey I'm tired of listening to people bitch about aerials and dips :rofl:

The other day I was dancing with this girl and she is nice to dance with, I've danced with her lots of times before but I kept missing her hand and it all seemed a bit awkward on this occasion. Then I noticed she had this lovely top on with big dangly sleeves. I read here about someone getting their fingers caught in a big circle skirt. Bracelets and watches can also make problems. I wear a long sleeve shirt to keep my sweat to myself.

So it struck me that some clothing is useful, and some isn't. So, what's your advice on what to wear and what not to wear? Or do you have lucky dancing pants? C'mon it's first thing Monday, please make me laugh someone it's still hours before I can go dancing again :sad:

Lee Bartholomew
29th-January-2007, 10:55 AM
A borat style banana thong has caused me to come to grief whilst dancing on more than one occasion.

cheeks
29th-January-2007, 11:01 AM
I have been fortunate enough to not have any embarassing stories of my own but would have to say have seen a few " I wish the ground would open up and swallow me moments":whistle: more to do with strapless tops or the ones with detachable straps lets just say a little bit more revealing than they had planned :really:(The trick to maintaining your dignity T*t tape :wink:)

I guess the other thing is no matter how great your spins are in that skirt seriously Bridget Jones Knickers are a must :whistle:

and for the guys the lunge and rip..........................priceless :rofl: :rofl:

Cruella
29th-January-2007, 11:02 AM
Men should realise that a white, long sleeved shirt is the only appropriate attire for dancing! :wink: (How many hints do us girls have to give!)

StokeBloke
29th-January-2007, 11:59 AM
Men should realise that a white, long sleeved shirt is the only appropriate attire for dancing! :wink: (How many hints do us girls have to give!)
Stop by Wolverhampton to see me in mine this Thursday :flower: I do wear trousers with mine though... sorry :rofl:

Trousers
29th-January-2007, 12:06 PM
Men should never never never wear shorts dancing - It may be hot in the hall but you won't be!

And I'll just add my grandad wore vests - Vests are Old bloke attire.

Wanna look like an old bloke (even if you have muscles) wear a vest!

I bet the girls love all that sweat dripping on them. Yummy

Twirly
29th-January-2007, 12:15 PM
Men should never never never wear shorts dancing - It may be hot in the hall but you won't be!

Yes, cut-away vests revealing sweaty underarm hair... like a little wet fur-ball, that can scatter the moisture at inapprpriate moments like a dog shaking itself :what: :sick:

killingtime
29th-January-2007, 12:20 PM

I've never worn shorts but I'd consider it. Worn a kilt a couple of times and it's so much cooler with it on. As such you are more comfortable and sweat less. I might look like the most uncool person in the world but the usual male to female balance pretty much guarantees that I'll get dances anyway.

Tried one on in H&M (it was probably in the cool category too) and laughed for a while at how stupid I looked. Saying that there are definitely a few guys that can pull it off.

Again it keeps you cool, not sweating like crazy is a good thing.

As for what not to wear, I don't like dancing with women with studded belts on or tops that are basically painful to sweep your arm across. That's more to do with the fact that dancing shouldn't actually cause me pain.

Mythical
29th-January-2007, 12:39 PM
Flouncy long sleeed tops are difficult to dance in - I discovered that on my first night.
I also discoered, when I worked at Jumpin Jaks that it's difficult to dance in Baggy Jeans, (cause I keep falling over them!) and can be downright painful to dance in Docs! (though I kept it up for 8 months!!)
And I'll probably add to the list of thos who are against the wearing of strapless tops for dancing - but only cause I've got nothing to hold one up!

Vests and tight tee-shirts on blokes aren't just a no-no on the dance floor - they're just downright despicable and should be banned everywhere but the Gay village!(cause only gay bokes can get that look right!) Even my Grandad doesn't wear vests!

StokeBloke
29th-January-2007, 12:46 PM
I danced with a girl a couple of weeks back and I was in a sway with her when it dawned on me that the cold sequins I could feel under her cut away sleeve were actually beads of sweat dripping off her unshaved armpit. Last sway of that dance... and in fact the last dance I had with her!

Eughhh, get a razor if you want to go sleeveless :eek:

Daisy Chain
29th-January-2007, 12:53 PM
I quite often end a spin with my hand at waist level neatly inserted in the man's trouser pocket. I don't do it on purpose. Honest. Therefore, in my experience, I would say that men's trousers are inappropriate Ceroc wear.

I look forward to finding something interesting in a pocket one day!

Daisy

(An Embarrassed Little Flower)

Beowulf
29th-January-2007, 12:56 PM

a lot more obviously.. I would not be seen dead in a white shirt. a Black one.. perhaps, a white one? non !

I'm sure some people would say not to wear shirts that are too "busy" and although I do normally wear my bright multicoloured affairs I have noticed some followers getting confused and grabbing for a non existent hand (seriously)

One follower kept trying to do pretzels with me as she continually mistook the whitish splash of colour on my shirt near my left hip for my hand. I now still wear my colourful shirts, but I actually chose the "calmer" ones..

I would say that inappropriate footwear would be bets avoided. Stilletos for the ladies and boots for the guys. Hurts too much when you get trodden on.

Katie Kicks Ass
29th-January-2007, 12:59 PM
No matter how many spins you did in the changing room, always wear boxers under your skirt, you never know how fast you are going to be spun.
I would never wear a strapless top to ceroc (I try to avoid them when clubbing) If there is even a minute chance I could fall out, I don't dance properly for fear of falling out. However straps are not always reliable as I found out at Nantwich before Xmas.

Gadget
29th-January-2007, 02:21 PM
Cloaks/capes/long jackets are really hard to dance in (get tangled) I also find a loose open shirt (eg over the top of a T-shirt) gets a bit tangled too.

Top or other tall hats/head gear take a bit of care to dance in.

Doing leans or moves where the follower wraps round your legs should be avoided in combats or 'dangly' trousers.

In followers I disslike some of the sequin tops- they may look sparkley, but they scrape on the fore-arms and fingers. And if you've got buttons (ie a shirt) then be wary of getting too close to followers with dangly fringes to their dresses.

BeeBee
29th-January-2007, 02:26 PM
and for the guys the lunge and rip..........................priceless :rofl: :rofl:

I know of one gent who, having had this happen to him a few times :what: , and having seen several pairs of trews bite the dust, comment that he didnt realise dancing was so expensive!
:D

cheeks
29th-January-2007, 02:32 PM
I know of one gent who, having had this happen to him a few times :what: , and having seen several pairs of trews bite the dust, comment that he didnt realise dancing was so expensive!
:D

:rofl: yes I recall the last pair going :whistle:

Beowulf
29th-January-2007, 02:38 PM
Cloaks
Top hats

Just because you're from Cruden bay and nearby Slains Castle is where Bram Stoker got his inspiration for Dracula .. it doesn't mean we're liable to be bumping into Vlad on the dance floor you know ;)

"Ah ze Children of the night. Vot music they dance to!"

TurboTomato
29th-January-2007, 03:12 PM
Yes, cut-away vests revealing sweaty underarm hair... like a little wet fur-ball, that can scatter the moisture at inapprpriate moments like a dog shaking itself :what: :sick:

I feel slightly sick now!

TurboTomato
29th-January-2007, 03:16 PM
One follower kept trying to do pretzels with me as she continually mistook the whitish splash of colour on my shirt near my left hip for my hand

Classic :rofl: :respect:

fletch
29th-January-2007, 03:24 PM

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Stop by Wolverhampton to see me in mine this Thursday :flower: I do wear trousers with mine though... sorry :rofl:

:respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:

I would normally agree with you but there is IMO one exception :worthy:

ChrisA

:drool:

killingtime
29th-January-2007, 03:29 PM
Vests and tight tee-shirts on blokes aren't just a no-no on the dance floor - they're just downright despicable and should be banned everywhere

What do you people have against them? I get the sweat thing (though I'd assume part of the appeal in wearing such a thing is to try and reduce your sweat). I know this is a What Not to Wear thread but honestly, I think if a guy is comfortable in a vest (and shorts!) then he should go right ahead and wear them. They aren't actually causing you any discomfort, are they?

fletch
29th-January-2007, 03:37 PM
What do you people have against them? They aren't actually causing you any discomfort, are they?

only on the eye :sick:

wear what you wan't I do :na: does it look good ? do the people wearing them care ? its about choise, I wear some strange things sometimes,:eek: but thats me, and it makes me happy, each to there own :wink:

MartinHarper
29th-January-2007, 04:28 PM
It's fun trying to lead a hip-spin on a follow wearing a wide loose belt, and just sending her belt whistling round her midriff.

fletch
29th-January-2007, 04:35 PM
It's fun trying to lead a hip-spin on a follow wearing a wide loose belt, and just sending her belt whistling round her midriff.

when I was at Ice 2006 I had a dress on that had long threads of beads on it, when I span out it whiped the people dancing around me :eek: some lady when't mad shreeking at me:confused: on the dance floor, I didn't realise what she was on about till the end of the dance :blush: I had to tie then in a big knot to stop 'em swishing about :flower:

cheeks
29th-January-2007, 04:38 PM

happened once belt spun ended up round my ankles.....oops ..... so just kicked it off the dance floor and continued dancing now I refrain from wearing loose belts ...............:wink:

drathzel
29th-January-2007, 05:46 PM
i try not to wear long skirts as when i dance as i tend to catch the hem on my heals in dips.

normally i wear a strappy top as i get less sweaty and i wear combats or demins

Twirlie Bird
29th-January-2007, 06:19 PM

Personally it's the guys in black that do it for me. A bit more of a rugged look. I also really like it when the guy changes his look throughout the evening. :wink:

I try not to wear skirts that are too long as they tend to catch in my heels. Also big earing are a no no. As are watches, bracelets and necklaces that are too big and jingly.

Anyone who looks like they have made an effort is a bonus too. A clean shirt probably means a good wash or shower was had before dancing too. Always a good thing.

SeriouslyAddicted
29th-January-2007, 06:40 PM
On several occasions I have had jewellery ripped off my person and spent the rest of the evening scrabbling on the dance floor looking for them - learnt my lesson now and wear no jewellery at all - it's like being back in a school PE lesson!

StokeBloke
29th-January-2007, 06:50 PM
I had a girl catch her fingers in the front of my shirt last week as I span her. I just laughed and said I knew my dancing was great but would she wait till the end of the track to rip my clothes off :D :D :D

Oh how we laughed when we were waiting for the ambulance to collect me.... some people have no sense of humour :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

fletch
29th-January-2007, 06:55 PM
I had a girl catch her fingers in the front of my shirt last week as I span her. I just laughed and said I knew my dancing was great but would she wait till the end of the track to rip my clothes off :D :D :D

Oh how we laughed when we were waiting for the ambulance to collect me.... some people have no sense of humour :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

no sence of humour :rolleyes: :D

I hope it was the Matalan £7.99 one and not the £100 Paris one :wink: I suppost it depends where you were dancing :whistle:

StokeBloke
29th-January-2007, 06:58 PM
no sence of humour :rolleyes: :D

I hope it was the Matalan £7.99 one and not the £100 Paris one :wink: I suppost it depends where you were dancing :whistle:
Fortunately my £1:49 Oxfam special :love:

Double Trouble
29th-January-2007, 07:00 PM
Fortunately my £1:49 Oxfam special :love:

Classy:what:

StokeBloke
29th-January-2007, 07:13 PM
Classy:what:
To a fault :wink:

There's nothing like a second hand brown polyester shirt with cream piping and an 8" round tip collar :what:

Double Trouble
29th-January-2007, 07:14 PM
To a fault :wink:

There's nothing like a second hand brown polyester shirt with cream piping and an 8" round tip collar :what:

OOoooohhhhhhh, you sexy beast you. Stop it, you're turning me on.:eek:

JiveLad
29th-January-2007, 07:17 PM
NOT:

Big rings (especially the kuckle duster flavour ones).
Clunky bracelets (increase CO2 emissions)
Chastity belts (I always forget my skeleton key)

Frankie_4711
29th-January-2007, 07:27 PM
I had trouble dancing in a cat costume as people kept grabbing my tail as I was coming out of a spin thinking it was my hand ...

Under more normal circumstances - I never wear skirts, dresses or loose fitting tops as I tend to get turned upside down a lot. Worked the last one out the hard way! No earrings that anyone could get a finger through. No rings at all. My bracelets are tiny smooth beads on elastic so would just break rather than do any damage to anyone. Jeans I find too hot. No hair ornaments/clips which sit away from the head.

I have been guilty of dangly sleeves on a few occasions, but not regularly.

I have seen many, many unsuitable things being worn, from huge, long necklaces, to chunky rings, stiletto heeled mule sandals, and have even been subjected to a flared skirt with stockings and suspenders underneath!

StokeBloke
29th-January-2007, 07:45 PM
I have even been subjected to a flared skirt with stockings and suspenders underneath!
Disgusting!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Where was this BTW :drool:

Jhutch
29th-January-2007, 11:37 PM

Quite right, i'll be able to keep cool wearing them:na:

Don't know why there is such opposition to shorts myself:confused: By this i mean shorts that are pretty much knee length - i dont mean the running shorts type:D :sick: Haven't worn them myself but if it is hot in the summer then i would certainly consider it:)

Im with you here though on your disapproval of vests :)

Cruella
30th-January-2007, 09:00 AM
I think it's not necessarily the thought of shorts per se. More the combination of the shorts and dance footwear (and socks!)! :really:
I distinctly remember a guy that used to always wear beige shorts (sweaty bum patch included) with black socks and B&W shoes! Not a great image!

Frankie_4711
30th-January-2007, 09:36 AM
Disgusting!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Where was this BTW :drool:

Folkestone at Ceroc Kent's summer ball - does that mean we'll be seeing you at the next one??!:wink:

Gentabout
30th-January-2007, 09:55 AM
Folkestone at Ceroc Kent's summer ball - does that mean we'll be seeing you at the next one??!:wink:

Don't know about StokeBloke, but i am certainly going to go now :devil:

Gent

MartinHarper
30th-January-2007, 10:07 AM
More the combination of the shorts and dance footwear (and socks!)! :really:

Then the question is: what dance footwear would go with shorts?

StokeBloke
30th-January-2007, 10:19 AM
Kent is a very long way to travel from Stoke-on-Trent on the off-chance of maybe seeing a stocking top! Of course I will be there :rofl:

Beowulf
30th-January-2007, 10:37 AM
Personally it's the guys in black that do it for me.

:yeah: :respect: .. Thank you.. someone who likes my black shirts :)

I also really like it when the guy changes his look throughout the evening. :wink:

Yeah I start off in a smart black number to look like Pierce Brosnan , change in the middle of the evening for a more casual Daniel Craig look then by the end of the evening , when I'm hot and tired I end up with the Johnny Vegas look :wink: :D

Twirly
30th-January-2007, 11:35 AM

Have they developed dance sandals yet? :confused: The only possible footwear to go with shorts for a man - without socks!!

Twirly
30th-January-2007, 11:41 AM
:yeah: :respect: .. Thank you.. someone who likes my black shirts :)

Yeah right - what about all those multi-coloured monstrosities you've got lurking in your wardrobe?!!:rofl:

Yeah I start off in a smart black number to look like Pierce Brosnan , change in the middle of the evening for a more casual Daniel Craig

:confused: Have we met? :confused:

What about the death mask? :wink: :na:

Whitebeard
30th-January-2007, 12:09 PM
Have they developed dance sandals yet? :confused: The only possible footwear to go with shorts for a man - without socks!!

Yeuch, the image gets worser and worserer !

The footwear must be the newish Bloch Klassik trainer, with white socks, proper short shorts, and legs brown and muscular. The "anyone for tennis look". Nothing less than this will do.

Beowulf
30th-January-2007, 12:16 PM
Yeuch, the image gets worser and worserer !

The footwear must be the newish Bloch Klassik trainer, with white socks, proper short shorts, and legs brown and muscular. The "anyone for tennis look". Nothing less than this will do.

Hmm I have the oldish market cheap trainers that have the soles worn down for ease of spinning, White sport socks (5 for a £1) , knee length combats (khaki) , legs white (well pale blue) and flabby. It's not so much the "anyone for tennis look" more the "Who let those legs out?" (who who who who) look :blush:

needless to say, I don't wear shorts often.

Twirly
30th-January-2007, 12:20 PM
Hmm I have the oldish market cheap trainers that have the soles worn down for ease of spinning, White sport socks (5 for a £1) , knee length combats (khaki) , legs white (well pale blue) and flabby. It's not so much the "anyone for tennis look" more the "Who let those legs out?" (who who who who) look :blush:

needless to say, I don't wear shorts often.

:sick:

*makes a note to not go dancing with Beo when it's hot!*

Beowulf
30th-January-2007, 12:25 PM
:sick:

*makes a note to not go dancing with Beo when it's hot!*

Somewhere (hunts in USB drive) I have a rare picture of me in my khaki combat shorts, and a khaki shirt (lots of pockets and for hill walking).. I sort of look like a geeky version of Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter. :blush:

not a pretty sight.

whitetiger1518
30th-January-2007, 12:27 PM
I quite often end a spin with my hand at waist level neatly inserted in the man's trouser pocket. I don't do it on purpose. Honest. Therefore, in my experience, I would say that men's trousers are inappropriate Ceroc wear.

I look forward to finding something interesting in a pocket one day!

Daisy

(An Embarrassed Little Flower)

I have a similar problem except that my right hand ends up in guys top pocket when exiting from a comb - it is not intentional but it can be quite funny depending on who it is.

I seem to do it with only a few dancers - I suppose it must be the angle that my arm comes out of the comb at. One guy I think enjoyed the novelty - because for a while every dance I had with him he put me into a couple of combs.
:blush:

Cheers

Whitetiger

Lee Bartholomew
30th-January-2007, 12:51 PM
happened once belt spun ended up round my ankles.....oops ..... so just kicked it off the dance floor and continued dancing now I refrain from wearing loose belts ...............:wink:

I had that happen with my trousers once.

On several occasions I have had jewellery ripped off my person and spent the rest of the evening scrabbling on the dance floor looking for them - learnt my lesson now and wear no jewellery at all - it's like being back in a school PE lesson!

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

I had trouble dancing in a cat costume as people kept grabbing my tail as I was coming out of a spin thinking it was my hand ...

This has happened to me a few times too. And I wasn't even wearing a cat suit :what::what:

Kent is a very long way to travel from Stoke-on-Trent on the off-chance of maybe seeing a stocking top! Of course I will be there :rofl:

They haven't told you it was me in drag yet have they?

(or maybe they have :wink: )

:rofl::rofl:

Princess Fi
30th-January-2007, 05:19 PM
I have a similar problem except that my right hand ends up in guys top pocket... it is not intentional ...

I seem to do it with only a few dancers...

Aye, complete accident there, eh Fiona? :whistle:

CJ
30th-January-2007, 05:48 PM

I can only say John THG is your man!!:eek:

Go ahead... ask him!!

Jhutch
30th-January-2007, 11:28 PM

Go ahead... ask him!!

You talking to me i assume?

Who is THG?

So the trainer liner type things won't do then?

EDIT: Sorry, that wasn't supposed to sound as aggressive as when i first wrote it!

Freya
31st-January-2007, 12:58 AM

You talking to me i assume?

Who is THG?

I presume not and that by John THG that CJ means JohnTheHappyGuy?

He's a dancer from just outside Edinburgh! Speaking of which not seen him in a while?

Jhutch
31st-January-2007, 01:03 AM
I presume not and that by John THG that CJ means JohnTheHappyGuy?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Its alright, i dont try to withhold my first name but i was just surprised when someone randomly called me by it (i was talking about wearing shorts earlier so it seemed to answer my post):rofl: Being a relative newby on the forum i don't know anything of John THG:rofl: Maybe i should have noticed the lack of a comma:)

Twirlie Bird
31st-January-2007, 06:16 PM
I saw a woman dancing last night wearing a short knitted dress. She spent the entire evening trying to pull it back down to a comfortable length!

fletch
31st-January-2007, 06:25 PM
I saw a woman dancing last night wearing a short knitted dress. She spent the entire evening trying to pull it back down to a comfortable length!

was that at Stafford? I sent one of my ladies down to Stafford last night, but she was in a jumper and trousers.:grin:

I do have a tendency to pull my top about :what: I don't know why :wink:

StokeBloke
31st-January-2007, 06:45 PM
was that at Stafford? I sent one of my ladies down to Stafford last night, but she was in a jumper and trousers.:grin:

I do have a tendency to pull my top about :what: I don't know why :wink:
Did I dance with her :eek: :eek: ... racks his brains to try and remember...... jumper... trousers..... errrm..... arghhh ummmm :what: :what: :what:

(that's twisted Fletch :love: :love: :love: :awe: I love it!!!!!)

littlewiggle
31st-January-2007, 08:01 PM

Not always! They CAN look sexy on the right physique - really!

Mythical
31st-January-2007, 08:24 PM

They look sexy on gay blokes. SUCH a shame. :(

Minnie M
31st-January-2007, 08:45 PM

Viktor in a white vest (his normal attire) :drool: :yum:

CJ
31st-January-2007, 09:36 PM
They look sexy on gay blokes. SUCH a shame. :(

not for the other gay blokes, it isn't.:confused:

Mythical
31st-January-2007, 10:23 PM
not for the other gay blokes, it isn't.:confused:

You DO have a point Sir.
But then I'm not a gay bloke, so I still say it's a shame! :p

Jhutch
1st-February-2007, 12:45 AM
Jeans without a belt has been my worst thing:blush: Had to pull them up at the end of each dance (they hadnt slipped that much before you ask, just enough to make me feel a bit awkward)

littlewiggle
1st-February-2007, 08:37 AM
Viktor in a white vest (his normal attire) :drool: :yum:

:yeah: A perfect example! Very easy on the eye indeed!

Princess Fi
1st-February-2007, 10:02 AM
Jeans without a belt has been my worst thing:blush: Had to pull them up at the end of each dance (they hadnt slipped that much before you ask, just enough to make me feel a bit awkward)

:yeah:

I remember wearing a pair of jeans that I hadn't raelised were slightly too big for dancing - one of partners actually pulled them up for me mid dance! :blush:

Lynn
1st-February-2007, 04:51 PM
I remember wearing a pair of jeans that I hadn't raelised were slightly too big for dancing - one of partners actually pulled them up for me mid dance! :blush:I wore a pair of black trousers once without a belt and they kept slipping down. Not enough to be embarrassing, but enough for me to keep standing on the bottom of them so I had to keep pulling them up. I always opt for a (small) belt now.

I have a few tops and dresses that I don't wear dancing as they look nice, but the sparkly bits are too rough for my own or partners arms to rub against mid dance.

killingtime
7th-February-2007, 03:38 PM
Ooh, anyone going to get a pong dress (http://www.shinyshiny.tv/2007/02/pong_dress_lets.html) to keep people entertained while dancing. It looks ideal for double trouble :wink:.

Petal
8th-February-2007, 07:22 PM
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

:respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:

I would normally agree with you but there is IMO one exception :worthy:

ChrisA

:drool:

that will be two exceptions, there's one north of the border:whistle:

cheeks
10th-February-2007, 12:58 AM
that will be two exceptions, there's one north of the border:whistle:

:confused: mm..............why can't I think then?

Dave - piano man
3rd-September-2007, 10:20 PM
Jeans without belt hooks - I am fond of spinning the ladies by hooking the said belt hook. :wink:

johnnyman
4th-September-2007, 07:29 AM
The most important thing to remember about all this is not how you dress on the dance floor, but how well you move.

I tend to dress casually for freestyles now, as it does get particularly hot in some places, especially during the Blues Room at SP. I make about three shirt and T-shirt changes during the course of an evening there. It also helps to protect your good clothes.

A pair of dance sneakers at hand is also good to protect your normal shoes.

best
johnnyman

Connie
12th-November-2007, 01:42 PM
I've discovered that wearing a strapless wrap-around dress is NOT advisable :blush:

One of the ties to the dress got caught in the guys cufflinks whilst I was spinning and ehm my dress was on the floor. :blush:

Thanks to the nice gent who gave my his jacket, and the other man who picked up my dress for me :worthy:

Yliander
12th-November-2007, 03:02 PM
g-strings under dresses :what: :sick:- saw far to many of these at the midlands comp!!

if you are going to wear a skirt girls - where BIG KNICKERS!!! it looks so much better than a g-string

David Bailey
12th-November-2007, 03:06 PM
One of the ties to the dress got caught in the guys cufflinks whilst I was spinning and ehm my dress was on the floor. :blush:
Blimey - stripping dancers, voyeurism at the office - it's all happening with you isn't it? :grin:

Connie
12th-November-2007, 03:18 PM
Blimey - stripping dancers, voyeurism at the office - it's all happening with you isn't it? :grin:

Story of my life, things happens to me that just don't seem to happen to other people.

Like getting stuck upside down in a window........:whistle:

Ehm but back on topic, it must have been the man's fault. After all if something goes wrong in a dance, it's the guys fault, right?

Poor bloke was more embarrased than me, he was still rooted to the spot 5 min later :rofl:

mabraham
12th-November-2007, 03:37 PM
g-strings under dresses :what: :sick:- saw far to many of these at the midlands comp!!

if you are going to wear a skirt girls - where BIG KNICKERS!!! it looks so much better than a g-string

... and if you're wearing non-black tights and doing aerials, horizontal with your legs spread towards the crowd, have a think about how the gusset looks. I remember a table full of us reeling at the last Canberra comp...

Twirly
12th-November-2007, 03:47 PM

Watch it – you’ll be getting him overexcited :wink:

Story of my life, things happens to me that just don't seem to happen to other people.

Like getting stuck upside down in a window........:whistle:

Ehm but back on topic, it must have been the man's fault. After all if something goes wrong in a dance, it's the guys fault, right?

Poor bloke was more embarrassed than me, he was still rooted to the spot 5 min later :rofl:

Yes, I remember this one… :what:

That made me think of the poor bloke I was dancing with on holiday in June, I slipped on the tiled floor and grabbed whatever I could on the way down..... Turned out to be his trousers which ended up around his ankles. He wasn't wearing any boxers............... :rofl:

Though he didnt seem to mind, he certainly wasnt short of female company for the rest of the trip

Seems as if getting naked on the dancefloor is a bit of a theme with you isn’t it?! :rofl:

Lory
12th-November-2007, 03:52 PM
I wore very flarey fisherman trousers on Saturday night, which produced a couple of very surprising incidence :blush:

For those who aren't familiar with them, they're kind of two half trousers, that wrap around at the waist, overlapping a lot but the split still goes right to the waist.

Anyway, two men got more than they bargained for, when they wrapped me in and their hands accidentally slipped in the flap! :really::eek::what::blush:

Connie
12th-November-2007, 03:54 PM

Yes, I remember this one… :what:

Seems as if getting naked on the dancefloor is a bit of a theme with you isn’t it?! :rofl:

I wasn't naked. I was wearing underwear I tell ya. Nice set too :grin:

Twirly
12th-November-2007, 03:58 PM
I wasn't naked. I was wearing underwear I tell ya. Nice set too :grin:

Just as well by the sounds of it! :really:

So you just encourage other people to get naked do you then? :rofl:

Connie
12th-November-2007, 04:10 PM
Just as well by the sounds of it! :really:

So you just encourage other people to get naked do you then? :rofl:

Ehm............ I...................it wasn't.................but.......................

David Bailey
12th-November-2007, 04:10 PM
Huh, hardly. If it's not done to music to slit your wrists by, it's not worth getting excited about.

David Franklin
12th-November-2007, 04:11 PM
Anyway, two men got more than they bargained for, when they wrapped me in and their hands accidentally slipped in the flap! :really::eek::what::blush:Y'know, up 'til now I never thought of you as gullible, Lory...

Connie
12th-November-2007, 04:13 PM
Huh, hardly. If it's not done to music to slit your wrists by, it's not worth getting excited about.

Ah hmmmmmm. And what's so abhorent about the thought of me in my underwear :angry:

Lou
12th-November-2007, 04:13 PM
Motto of my life, mate. :flower:

David Bailey
12th-November-2007, 04:37 PM
Ah hmmmmmm. And what's so abhorent about the thought of me in my underwear :angry:
Ah, you're probably a 50-year-old 6'3" overweight guy, you are. I don't believe you exist really - I'm tempted to post a "Has anyone actually seen Connie" poll :na:

Motto of my life, mate. :flower:
Huh, don't try and drag me into your weirdo goth tango scene, mister. I can see that sig...

Connie
12th-November-2007, 04:47 PM
Ah, you're probably a 50-year-old 6'3" overweight guy, you are. I don't believe you exist really - I'm tempted to post a "Has anyone actually seen Connie" poll :na:

If I dont excist does that mean I dont have to pay my credit card bill.

And why do I have to be 50 years old and overweight. Why cant I be slim, stunning and 20 ????

Astro
12th-November-2007, 04:50 PM

Is Connie short for Conrad?

I found out that men's hands get caught up in those smocks for women that are in fashion at the momoment.

Had to tuck mine into my trousers.

David Franklin
12th-November-2007, 04:56 PM
And why do I have to be 50 years old and overweight. Why cant I be slim, stunning and 20 ????'Cos if you were, surely you'd have better ways of spending your time than posting on here?

Connie
12th-November-2007, 05:01 PM
Sorry to dissapoint you distrusting lot but I do excist. Not as Conrad but as Connie, or Connie Diana to be more prescise.

I can be found dancing in East Croydon tomorrow so if anyone is in the area, come and say hello and help me prove my excistence.

David Bailey
12th-November-2007, 05:05 PM
I can be found dancing in East Croydon tomorrow.
Huh, like that's a real place.

Connie
12th-November-2007, 05:08 PM
like AT is an actual dance

David Bailey
12th-November-2007, 05:10 PM
like AT is an actual dance
You're right, it's much more important than that. :na:

Connie
12th-November-2007, 05:17 PM
self-cencored

Sugarfoot
12th-November-2007, 06:29 PM
I wore very flarey fisherman trousers on Saturday night, which produced a couple of very surprising incidence :blush:

For those who aren't familiar with them, they're kind of two half trousers, that wrap around at the waist, overlapping a lot but the split still goes right to the waist.

Anyway, two men got more than they bargained for, when they wrapped me in and their hands accidentally slipped in the flap! :really::eek::what::blush:

:tears: Dam...I knew I should of grabbed you for a Tango. But also explains why you were never free. I am always prepared for a bargain. :devil:

David Bailey
12th-November-2007, 10:32 PM
You know, there's probably a T-shirt slogan there "My hand slipped in Lo-" - err, maybe not. :whistle:

Auntie Temptme
13th-November-2007, 04:48 PM
Sorry to dissapoint you distrusting lot but I do excist. Not as Conrad but as Connie, or Connie Diana to be more prescise.

I can be found dancing in East Croydon tomorrow so if anyone is in the area, come and say hello and help me prove my excistence.

Does that mean that I have to prove my exsistance too? Or do I get to hide in the corner like the shy retirering person I am!
:wink:

Connie
13th-November-2007, 05:04 PM
Does that mean that I have to prove my exsistance too? Or do I get to hide in the corner like the shy retirering person I am!
:wink:

Shy? You? :rofl:

Lloyds after work for steak and a glass of wine before class?

David Bailey
13th-November-2007, 05:09 PM
Shy? You? :rofl:

Lloyds after work for steak and a glass of wine before class?
So what, we've got two imaginary people meeting now?

Connie
13th-November-2007, 05:15 PM

Oh no, Auntie Temptme is very real :cheers:

Connie
13th-November-2007, 05:18 PM

You are just envious cause your imaginary friend, don't come out to play with you anymore :rofl:

Auntie Temptme
14th-November-2007, 01:09 AM
Oh I'm very real!

And I was a big brave girl and didn't sit in the corner!

Parts of me were beaten up by leads arms though so maybe the corner would of been safer!

Auntie Temptme
14th-November-2007, 01:12 AM
And back on topic - what not to wear!

A top with dangely bits and/or trousers with a loose hem

FreyaW
16th-November-2007, 02:07 PM
I have to admit that when I wear a comparatively long skirt, or a skirt with long bits (which may not be considered long if they were on someone taller than 5'2"), I make sure it has an elastic waistband so that WHEN it gets stepped on in a dip (as, sooner or later, it is), it will only cause a wardrobe malfunction, and not a rip. I can pull my skirt back up a little and keep dancing, I can't dance with a busted skirt. I also try to wear undies I don't mind people seeing :wink: I have a couple of pairs of undies with amusing slogans on for this reason.

nebula
16th-November-2007, 09:20 PM
Pray tell - what sort of slogans?...:grin:

Astro
25th-November-2007, 04:40 PM
It always amazes me how they manage to dance on "Strictly Come Dancing."

The ladies are done up to the nines, laden with earings, braclets, necklaces and (i think rings?)

Her dress is a deathtrap - lots of dangly bits - sleeves and fish tails etc.,

These dresses are specially designed - custom made.

Perhaps there is a special dancer designer secret that makes them easier to dance in than they look?

Miss Flicts
25th-November-2007, 05:11 PM
I wear a long sleeve shirt to keep my sweat to myself.

Aw - very considerate, but with long sleeves my (follower's) hand sometimes gets tangled up in that bit of fabric/hole which puffs out above the cuff - I'm not really sure how/why but it's happened more than once. Probably just me!!

I agree about big watches on people - you can get a really nasty scratch. My dance-pal wears a sweat band over his watch to prevent this, which is very considerate.

nebula
26th-November-2007, 02:26 PM
That is so considerate - maybe they should sell them at dance venues with a sort of "Please don't scratch your dance partner" moto with it...

Miss Flicts
26th-November-2007, 04:09 PM
That is so considerate - maybe they should sell them at dance venues with a sort of "Please don't scratch your dance partner" moto with it...

Great idea!