PDA

View Full Version : Bromley this Sat Chicago Night

Lee Bartholomew
25th-January-2007, 07:05 PM
Anyone going to Bromley on Sat for their Chicago Theme night?

Frankie_4711
25th-January-2007, 07:10 PM
Where's the Maybe option?

Andy McGregor
25th-January-2007, 07:15 PM
Anyone going to Bromley on Sat for their Chicago Theme night?Like most dancers in Sussex, I shall be attending the Brighton Ball :waycool:

Lee Bartholomew
25th-January-2007, 07:17 PM
Like most dancers in Sussex, I shall be attending the Brighton Ball :waycool:

Who's running that?

Edit:- found it on google

This mean Sarah's no longer doing the wintergardens?

Andy McGregor
26th-January-2007, 09:07 AM
Who's running that?

Edit:- found it on google

This mean Sarah's no longer doing the wintergardens?Sarah Johnson jointly runs the Winter Gardens Eastbourne event with Peter Phillips and she jointly runs the Brighton Ball @ Hove Town Hall with me. Both are still going on. There are 2 more Brighton Balls planned for this year.

The reason we've teamed up is that the venue is fabulous and huge. Both in terms of size and cost!!! Neither of us could hope to fill it on our own and, even if we could, there's a huge amount of work in setting up this kind of event and it's good to have help. And it's slightly less scary to have someone to share the financial risk!

The other thing is that the floor is quite fast. Ideal environment for a spinning woodface. We think the floor is a bit too fast and Sarah has found a treatment that you put on the floor to slow it down a bit. But if woodface lets me know he's coming I'll leave an area untreated. I've seen the video of woodface spinning - will that area need to be 5 feet across or 50 feet?

Come on woodface, come across to Brighton. There's dancing 'til 1am and we've even got people coming from the Bognor Weekender down the road :clap:

Lee Bartholomew
26th-January-2007, 09:57 AM
She's going to slow the floor down :really:.

You can't do that :devil:.

Would love to come to the Brighton ball but want to be where the best dancers are . (just kidding before the neg reps come flooding in!:na:)

David Bailey
26th-January-2007, 12:15 PM
Given that there's about 4 other events on Sat in the area (Funky Lush, Chiswick, Chesham, etc.), I doubt it'll be very well-attended by forumites.

Plus, it's Bromley - full of snooty snoots :na:

Lee Bartholomew
26th-January-2007, 12:19 PM
Given that there's about 4 other events on Sat in the area (Funky Lush, Chiswick, Chesham, etc.), I doubt it'll be very well-attended by forumites.

Plus, it's Bromley - full of snooty snoots :na:

Ah Bromley's old reputation. I hear that about Bromley all the time but hand on heart, find it one of the friendliest venues I have been too.

I've heard the lesson and entertainment there is going to be good too:whistle:

Andy McGregor
26th-January-2007, 01:58 PM
Ah Bromley's old reputation. I hear that about Bromley all the time but hand on heart, find it one of the friendliest venues I have been too.

I've heard the lesson and entertainment there is going to be good too:whistle:Do they still allow smoking in the same hall as dancing at Bromley?

Lee Bartholomew
26th-January-2007, 01:59 PM
Do they still allow smoking in the same hall as dancing at Bromley?

Don't know not being a smoker. I think they all go outside in to the court yard.

Frankie_4711
26th-January-2007, 07:58 PM
Don't know not being a smoker. I think they all go outside in to the court yard.

Yep - they go outside.

Frankie_4711
27th-January-2007, 11:23 AM
Where's the Maybe option?

Don't worry - don't need it anymore - see you later!

Lee Bartholomew
28th-January-2007, 11:01 AM
So what did you make of it last night?

I only got to learn part of the routine on the night and one person didn't turn up for it, which threw it a little, so don't think it went too bad considering.

I think it was filmed so vid maybe appearing soon.

Lee Bartholomew
29th-January-2007, 12:24 PM
Yay Pictures are up. :clap:

Thanks Alan. :worthy:

http://cerockent.com/gallery/theme_night_chicago/index.htm