Chicklet
27th-June-2003, 01:47 PM
Anyone's Blackpool Vid appeared yet???:cheers:

PeterL
27th-June-2003, 02:06 PM
If mine doesn't arrive soon I will have movedhouse before it arrives:(

Sal
27th-June-2003, 02:16 PM
Glad to see you on top form, Peter. We get worried when you are not worrying!

(I think the post office can sort you out with a redirection form)

Divissima
1st-July-2003, 09:16 PM
My video arrived today :grin:
About to go watch it now - quite excited, also a bit apprehensive - after all, the camera never lies...

However, the DVD I ordered for the effervescent Toby wan Kenobe has not arrived - perhaps different timeframes for video/dvds?

Chicklet
2nd-July-2003, 09:04 AM
A non-forum amigo of mine got her DVD yesterday but no video yet - looks like it's fairly random - but is it any GOOD??????

Emma
2nd-July-2003, 09:38 AM
Duur, I got mine yesterday and as usual started an unnecessary thread about it...*g*..why do I always do that?? :) One of these days I may get into the habiut of actually *looking* to see if someone else (erm..and by this obviously I mean Chicklet) has already started a thread....tsk

Anyway, I watched a bit of it, and it looks groovy, but sadly all the Scottish and honorary Scottish cheering has been edited out in favour of music, which is a shame.

Not that there's anything *wrong* with music...just that I liked the cheering :grin:

Dreadful Scathe
2nd-July-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Emma

Anyway, I watched a bit of it, and it looks groovy, but sadly all the Scottish and honorary Scottish cheering has been edited out in favour of music, which is a shame.
:

they edited out the cheering ? strange, but i supposed extra bits had to go considering the length of time involved - how long does it run for ?

Chicklet
2nd-July-2003, 09:45 AM
morning ems,

copying is the most sincere form of flattery isn't it???

I LOVE that you did what I did!!!!!!

:kiss:

Emma
2nd-July-2003, 09:47 AM
Dunno :nice:, didn't look :nice:...

Yeah, the music has been dubbed back over the top of the original sound. I can't see how they could have done it any other way really but it does sort of rob it of the amazing atmosphere there was at the time :)

Emma
2nd-July-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet
morning ems,
copying is the most sincere form of flattery isn't it???
Morning darling...yeah, backflips next :what:

Hey..see..now I'm off topic too! :grin:

Mary
2nd-July-2003, 03:55 PM
Watched some of the vid late last night. Div, you and the effervescent TwK look gorgeous.

DavidB
2nd-July-2003, 05:11 PM
I can't see how they could have done it any other way They might have taken a direct feed from the PA system to the camera on the stage. This would be easier as you wouldn't have to get hold of all the songs again. It wouldn't explain why too many people seem to be dancing off time.

It definitely kills the atmosphere on the video. There are some parts in the showcase where you can hear the audience, but usually it is as if they weren't there.

The sound is not the only problem with the video...
- It keeps going out of focus.
- Only one song from each heat is shown, even though most people had a 'warm-up' track that was judged as well.
- Some people only make fleeting appearances (Sorry Gus/Helen & Bill/Fran - I hope you weren't hoping for a chance to review your freestyle performances in detail!)
- Too much of the showcase was filmed from the back.
- The DVD is particularly badly put together. There is no menu, and even the chapter points seem to be random. It makes it difficult finding what you want to see.

Having said that, I'm still glad I got a copy. At least I can finally get to see some of the competitors now. I'll have to go back and read some of the post-competition comments again.

David

Divissima
2nd-July-2003, 06:08 PM
The magnificent Mary wrote:Watched some of the vid late last night. Div, you and the effervescent TwK look gorgeous. Thank you, Mary :sorry :grin: I actually though you and Greg got loads of good coverage and looked great, and so precise (how do you do it??)
I was a bit disappointed that they only showed one song per heat - and especially that they only showed one song per final. Definitely no chance to review our performance, or that of anyone else!! I was really looking forward to watching the other dancers, especially in the final.
Shame there isn't much crowd noise - it would add to the atmosphere. I haven't watched as far as the showcases yet - but odd if they shot some of them from behind! I can understand why they have kept the video short this year - last years ran to two tapes! - but it would be nice to have a record of the event. As it is, I think too much has been lost in the editing to make it a great video.

Will
3rd-July-2003, 12:34 AM
I still haven't got mine! :sad:

Andy McGregor
3rd-July-2003, 12:00 PM
I've got my video and I've watched the whole thing. The good news is that most of the Showcases are in time with the music. As far as I can see, none of the rest is in time.

The ediding in the Double Trouble final is definitely a bit out. At one point my lovely prop-forwards invited me to dive into their arms which I did - and they took their arms away and let me land gracefully (ish) on the floor - the video has me getting up twice! If you don't know who I am, I'm the one in the pink wig.

The other thing I don't like is that the video makes me look fat...

Having said all that I am still pleased I got a copy. It was a fantastic day and the video is a great reminder of it - and it's got a clear message that I should go on a diet.

Graham
3rd-July-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
The other thing I don't like is that the video makes me look fat... It's the dress - you should have listened to Trinny and Susannah!

Sheepman
3rd-July-2003, 12:16 PM
The other thing I don't like is that the video makes me look fat...
[/B]
Andy I think you're being hypercritical here, surely it's the effect of the pink tutu ;) There again a rugby shirt wouldn't have been very slimming either!

I haven't seen it all yet, but I'm also disappointed that you can't really review anyone's performance. Especially Lily and James, as I couldn't see them on the day.

But what happened to Intermediate 2nd round, heat 2. It vanished altogether. It would be the time that I felt Mary & I did our best performance! :(

Looking forward to seeing the showcases, most of which I missed on the day.

And so far I've heard nothing about any video for Hammersmith, or am I way out of date here, I can guarantee that Olive Oyl's drawers were a big draw!

Greg

Sheepman
3rd-July-2003, 12:18 PM
Doh! Graham you beat me to it again!

Andy McGregor
3rd-July-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Graham
It's the dress - you should have listened to Trinny and Susannah!

Who told you the pet names for my prop forwards? The Tramp prefers his pet name to be spelt Suzanna!

Divissima
3rd-July-2003, 02:27 PM
The gracious Greg wrote:But what happened to Intermediate 2nd round, heat 2. It vanished altogether. It would be the time that I felt Mary & I did our best performance! I'm glad I wasn't losing my mind - I thought that Intermediate 2/2 was missing (because TwK and I were nowhere to be seen - and you know how shy and retiring we are!:wink: ). Yes - it's a shame, especially as I wanted to see Greg and Mary strut their stuff (were in the same heats on the day so couldn't really watch).
Debster - your showcase looks AMAZING!! no matter how many times I see it!:what: :grin:

Graham W
3rd-July-2003, 04:11 PM
I thought last years vid was fine - why change?

Mind u getting up twice within a nano-second adds to the entertainment value, I spose - or was it a magic time travelling tutu?

Mr G

Andy McGregor
3rd-July-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Graham W
I thought last years vid was fine - why change?

Mind u getting up twice within a nano-second adds to the entertainment value, I spose - or was it a magic time travelling tutu?

Mr G

I thought last years vid was OK but it still had the music and dancing not quite in sync. I expect there's a story to be told about this years video which may never be told - it can't have been a month late for nothing :(

I will test out the time travelling capacity of my tutu. I'll try going back to a time when I wasn't going bald :)

Gus
4th-July-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
- Some people only make fleeting appearances (Sorry Gus/Helen & Bill/Fran - I hope you weren't hoping for a chance to review your freestyle performances in detail!)

David

Urrr ... havent received my vids yet and ... yup, was actualy hoping to see how bad we were .... maybe it WAS so bad it was edited out:tears:

Thats the one downside of Dance Competition organisers preventing public videoing. I can fully understand why they impose that rule but when you want to look back and analyse what you did on the day ... you're totaly reliant on the cameramans attention span.

Mary
4th-July-2003, 06:15 PM
you're totaly reliant on the cameramans attention span.

This particularly irks me. As a professional I find it annoying to be restricted to waiting an age for poor technical quality, and shocking operating skills. I don't expect broadcast quality standards, but I do expect a reasonable job for which I am paying. I wish now I had broken the rules and shot my own footage as I know I can produce far better results, but then I was too busy worrying about other things - like have we got through to the next round!!

I was looking forward to seeing the video, but am very disappointed with the workmanship, and would suggest C2D might like to find another company for next years' video, otherwise I will have to sneak in my own camera, but I would rather let someone else do it and buy the video (even if I do have to wait months to get it!!).

I think I am not alone with these opinions. Sorry, C2D - still a great event though.

Mary

RobC
4th-July-2003, 08:00 PM
Well having been using Care 1st to produce the MJC videos for the last few years, this year JiveBug decided that they had had enough of the 'sloppy' editting quality of previous videos, and have ditched them. Yours truly now has the rather daunting task of producing the MJC7 video - and within 12 weeks as well !!

Lets hope C2D review their use of Care 1st as well.

Andy McGregor
4th-July-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by rcoward
Well having been using Care 1st to produce the MJC videos for the last few years, this year JiveBug decided that they had had enough of the 'sloppy' editting quality of previous videos, and have ditched them. Yours truly now has the rather daunting task of producing the MJC7 video - and within 12 weeks as well !!

Lets hope C2D review their use of Care 1st as well.

Hi Rob

It's great to see that my other 'prop forward' has found his way onto the Forum.

I think we all agree that the editing quality of the video leaves much to be desired. And the sound quality does too, oh yes and the picture quality. And it was late. And did anyone else's label peel off the tape onto the little door on their video? :really: Last year I had breakfast with the guys who shot the video and they were really up for it guys. Let's hope someone gives them some constructive feedback if they're invited to film again.

But let's talk about the dancing, it was fantastic and just seeing the titles on the video brought it all flooding back. The exquisite joy of getting through to the next round (you'll be there one day, Gus) the tears when you realise you're not through to the next round - no matter how many times you looked at the list, your number still wasn't on it but the two numbers either side of you were :tears: And the pain of your prop-forwards dropping you on the floor in the final:reallymad :wink:

The funny thing is that I think I spotted one couple on the beat in the video - they must have been hard to watch in real life:devil:

Emma
4th-July-2003, 09:04 PM

But let's talk about the dancing, it was fantastic and just seeing the titles on the video brought it all flooding back.
Yeah, this thread has turned into something of a moan-fest..:tears: [pollyanna]I agree that the video leaves much to be desired, but I was glad to get it just to remind me of what a fantastic time I had at Blackpool :grin:...can't wait to go back next year!! [/pollyanna :wink:]

DavidY
5th-July-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Graham in another thread
You meanie! Emma's an artistic free spirit, not meant to be bound by the arbitrary and bureaucratic limitations of vB code!
[pollyanna].....[/pollyanna :wink:] I like this idea of inventing new "tags":D
Clearly vbCode still has a long way to go to catch up with the expressiveness of the artistic spirit.

Dreadful Scathe
5th-July-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Mary
I don't expect broadcast quality standards, but I do expect a reasonable job for which I am paying. !!).

The problem is that you we should expect broadcast quality standards. There really isnt any valid excuse for getting less than this in the days of cheap digital video cameras starting at £300. I have a background in video and computer design and had to struggle with analog equipment that still produced superior results to many dance videos ive seen. Not seen this years C2D video yet but the comments about it don't sound too promising. If C2D are serious abvout making money from a video of the event it should be of a quality that would sell to the general public. Just my opinion of course, i think C2D should see the footgae as a marketing and promotional tool as well as a way to recoup cash and hire a video company worthy of such an excellent competition.

Andy McGregor
6th-July-2003, 12:41 PM
I've been told about a great way to watch the Blackpool video. Brighton dancer Jack told me he's been watching it with the sound down. I tried it and it's much easier to watch. And I've found and improvement too. While you're watching the silent Blackpool video put the radio on. It's surprising how many of the moves seem to fit with the random music from our local station!

Sheepman
7th-July-2003, 03:58 PM
The funny thing is that I think I spotted one couple on the beat in the video
I couldn't believe it when I saw that, and thought for a mo that it was me and everyone else who was out of time. Perhaps they were forewarned about the video, now how clever would that be!
Have now watched the whole lot, and I'm not telling which performances I was glad I missed while drinking and dining! But some of the showcases seem to have been enhanced by the video, or maybe just my nerves on the day spoiled my enjoyment of them.

greg

Dreadful Scathe
20th-August-2003, 10:02 AM
Having now watched the C2D dvd, its not quite as bad as i thought it was going to be, it's merely terrible.

The footage isn't particularly good, the audio is bad and it seems like 70% of the effort went into the titles :).
Some bizarre fades in the team cabarets too and they didn't bother to have a dvd menu page....

Makes me wonder - did c2d get a really cheap company to do this and maximise profits? if so, i think its a false economy - better to pay the cost of a professional outfit and recoup through general release as well as through the dance scene. Get some voice overs, interviews with the judges etc.. seems like a gamble but i think it would sell. I ordered a dance video from amazon once and it was so bad i sent it back, so even the current dvd could compete against some general release material. We all want c2d to make money and keep going and if this is their main revenue they really need to have a rethink about quality. Anyone agree, or am i talking nonsense (again :) ) ?

TheTramp
20th-August-2003, 10:47 AM
I agree with most you said DS. Except that it was worse than terrible IMHO.

Have just got the video of the Australian champs through, and watching that is a much more pleasant experience.

You get to see the whole of the stage, for all of the dance, for all of the rounds. So, you can watch yourself, and all of your friends dance, which, lets be honest, is the main reason anyone buys the video.

Am I speaking for myself, when I say that I really don't want the 'flashy' (or not so) special effects, or the 10 second close-up of everyone on the dance floor (but nothing else)?

Steve

Sheepman
20th-August-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Am I speaking for myself
No!
Dance video producers should take a leaf out of Fred Astaire's book, (OK I know that this was mostly a single couple dancing). Where it was a case of showing the dancing, not trying to cover it up with camera techniques. Maybe this is no longer fashionable, but how many current productions will still be aired in 60 or 70 years time?

Greg

bigdjiver
20th-August-2003, 07:55 PM
There are schools for film and TV cameramen and editors. I would explore the idea of using an event as a class project. There are many competitors who deserve a camera to themselves.

TheTramp
20th-August-2003, 08:30 PM
There may well be competitors who deserve a camera to themselves. But I don't think that is what most people want from the video. Most people seem to want to be able to see themselves (if they compete), and their friends. So while the video is concentrating on one couple, you don't get to see anyone else.

If you get a panned view of everyone who is dancing, you get to see the people who deserve the camera, but you also get to see everyone else too.

I don't really see the need to spend money on people producing a 'professional' video with effects, and close-ups etc. Just someone who can produce a good quality video record of the entire day would maybe induce me to part with my money to buy it.

Steve

Chicklet
21st-August-2003, 08:32 AM
completely agree that the effects and the intro bits between the rounds were more annoying than enjoyable.

would be quite happy without them.

I'm sure we have plenty gorgeous girlies who could walk quickly round the floor with a board announcing the next round a la boxing instead ???

TheTramp
21st-August-2003, 08:35 AM
See. I knew that if we waited long enough, Chicklet would come up with a good idea :D

Steve

Chicklet
21st-August-2003, 08:39 AM
:D :D i'm off for a wee lie down now:D :D

TheTramp
21st-August-2003, 08:40 AM
Good plan. You wouldn't want to overdo it now, would you... :hug:

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
21st-August-2003, 09:27 AM
Having watched a bit more of the DVD, i loved the extremely extended fade in/out they did during the cabaret, looked like there were giant ghosts dancing next to normal sized ghosts... lovely :rolleyes: . Thought our cabaret looked better than it seemed when we were performing. Saw the two hip hop style showcases which i missed live - fantastic, does anyone know who they were ? Also points of merit to the producers for having showcase couples wander completely off camera on several occasions...hilarious...see, free comedy, makes it all worth while :).

n.b Our previous cabaret geniuses behind 'Fatal Attraction' have split into TWO teams to give you TWO fantastic performances to look forward too...ooooh. Get excited now ;) See them first at Scottish Champs Oct 18th (no refunds).

TheTramp
21st-August-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Saw the two hip hop style showcases which i missed live - fantastic, does anyone know who they were ?Of course. Need you ask? Well, I know bits about them both anyhow :D

The couple that were 2 girls are based in Birmingham, and I danced with one of the girls at the Solihull venue a couple of months ago.

The other couple, the guy is Dan Slape, who teachs the beginner class at Fleet for Jivebug (least, he did 3 months ago before I moved away). He's also done well in previous ceroc comps - placing in the intermediate a couple of years ago, and getting to the final of the Open this year. For those who were at Blackpool the year before, he was also the guy in the chicken outfit.

n.b. Our previous cabaret geniuses behind 'Fatal Attraction' have split into TWO teams to give you TWO fantastic performances to look forward too...ooooh. Get excited now ;) See them first at Scottish Champs Oct 18th (no refunds). :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Steve

Chicklet
21st-August-2003, 09:58 AM
For those who were at Blackpool the year before, he was also the guy in chickies outfit.

Which was why I was sitting in a silk dressing gown.:D

Sugar, need sugar.....

TheTramp
21st-August-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet
Which was why I was sitting in a silk dressing gown.:D

Sugar, need sugar..... Ex-squeeze me.

I didn't think that you were allowed to paraphrase quotes.

Certainly not my quotes at least!! :rolleyes:

Steve

Rachel
21st-August-2003, 10:10 AM
The couple that were 2 girls are based in Birmingham, and I danced with one of the girls at the Solihull venue a couple of months ago. Yes - Debbie, who teaches Ceroc at Solihull - a lovely girl and great dancer- and Lou Bragg-Reader who, I believe, dj's in the area. I don't know about Lou, but Debbie said she'd never ever competed before. She also got to the finals of the lucky dip.

The other couple, the guy is Dan Slape, who teachs the beginner class at Fleet for Jivebug (least, he did 3 months ago before I moved away). He's also done well in previous ceroc comps - placing in the intermediate a couple of years ago, and getting to the final of the Open this year. For those who were at Blackpool the year before, he was also the guy in the chicken outfit. I was sooo impressed with Dan's showcase routine at Blackpool - absolutely spot on dancing - excellent - and, in my opinion, well deserved a placing. Didn't he and Ros (?)also get placed in the Advanced catergory at the Hammersmith 2002 Champs?
Rachel

DavidB
21st-August-2003, 10:20 AM
If you get a panned view of everyone who is dancing, you get to see the people who deserve the camera, but you also get to see everyone else too.Every dance video I've seen, whether it be videoing a team practice to ballroom competitions on the BBC, has had to zoom in on one or several couples at a time.

Don't forget that the floor at Blackpool is huge. Unless you had access to interchangable lenses (ie £2,000+ for the camera, ??? for the lens), the only way you could get the whole floor in one shot is from the side balcony. If you were at the far side of the floor you would be in the shot, but tiny!

If you had a tighter shot, and panned across the floor, you wouldn't get much more time per couple than you get now. The dancers will spread out to use all the floor, so most of the floor (and hence the video) would be empty. And the cameras can't focus on more than one thing at a time, so a couple might be in the shot, but badly out of focus.

At least when you zoom in on a couple, you know they are going to be large enough on screen, and in focus. (or at least they should be!! I've already made my feelings known about the Blackpool video)

I don't really see the need to spend money on people producing a 'professional' video with effects The effects do not take much time at all to produce. They are usually pre-packaged, and applying them is just a drag-and-drop with the mouse.

Titles (eg Intermediate Round 1 Heat 1) are very useful when you are fast forwarding through a tape. It lets you find out what you are looking at, and approx how much further to the bits you are interested in. They are easy to do as well - it would probably take longer checking the names of the showcase dancers than actually putting the titles onto the video. I would not be at all impressed in a video that had no titles.

To make the video better, the video people need to have a bit more 'control' over the event. This would include
- marking an area of the floor outside which you don't get on film.
- proper lighting
- prime camera positions that spectators can't block
- fewer couples in each heat
- instead of a warm-up track in the final, have a 30 second spotlight for each couple.

Even then, the video will still be unsuitable as a record for the competitors. Perhaps you should be allowed to buy a 'permit' to use your own camera to film a particular couple (eg £10 on top of the cost of the video). Then the organisers still have a shot at breaking even, and the dancers can blame their friend behind the camera.

David

TheTramp
21st-August-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
I was sooo impressed with Dan's showcase routine at Blackpool - absolutely spot on dancing - excellent - and, in my opinion, well deserved a placing. Didn't he and Ros (?)also get placed in the Advanced catergory at the Hammersmith 2002 Champs?
Rachel Dunno. I wasn't there. I was banned at the time :D

Steve

Will
21st-August-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by DavidB
Perhaps you should be allowed to buy a 'permit' to use your own camera to film a particular couple (eg £10 on top of the cost of the video). Then the organisers still have a shot at breaking even, and the dancers can blame their friend behind the camera.

David

I think this is a great idea. :nice:

Rachel
21st-August-2003, 10:45 AM
Dunno. I wasn't there. I was banned at the time :D

Steve Oh yes! now that you're such a respectable member of our community, I tend to forget about you having been banned ...

TheTramp
21st-August-2003, 10:46 AM
Ummm. David. I have a copy of this years Australian champs from June. And it's of the whole stage, and you can see everyone dancing the whole time. It might mean that you need less couples on the floor, dancing in a marked out area, but would that be a bad thing from the video taking at least??

Also, I wasn't talking about having titles, which I agree is a good thing. But the fade outs and slowed down dancing (etc.) just detracted from the video for me.

But I do agree with you that people should be allowed to buy a 'licence' to use their own cameras. That's a great idea.

Steve

TheTramp
21st-August-2003, 10:47 AM
Oh yes! now that you're such a respectable member of our community, I tend to forget about you having been banned ... Respectable?? Me??

I ain't never gonna be respectable. :na:

Steve

Rachel
21st-August-2003, 10:48 AM
Respectable?? Me??

I ain't never gonna be respectable. :na:

Steve that's true enough!

Gus
21st-August-2003, 05:20 PM
Yes - Debbie, who teaches Ceroc at Solihull - a lovely girl and great dancer- and Lou Bragg-Reader who, I believe, dj's in the area. I don't know about Lou, but Debbie said she'd never ever competed before. She also got to the finals of the lucky dip.

Lou is Andy Braggs Sister .... Andy being Teacher and joint Franchisee at Whythall (S Brum) and also Deb's partner .... very incestuous:nice: Debs is a great dancer but doesn't rate her own dancing as much as everyone else does ... real shame ... she could do really well on the competition circuit.

I was sooo impressed with Dan's showcase routine at Blackpool - absolutely spot on dancing - excellent - and, in my opinion, well deserved a placing. Didn't he and Ros (?)also get placed in the Advanced catergory at the Hammersmith 2002 Champs?
Rachel

.....actualy Dan is the ORIGINAL Blackpool champion!! He won the Advanced category in its first year beating Clayton and Jeanine! Superb dancer and nice guy to boot.

Graham
23rd-August-2003, 05:40 PM
I ain't never gonna be respectable. :na:Thanks for that: another crappy pop tune going round in my head. :rolleyes: :sick: I'll have to go and put some proper music on I think. :waycool:

TheTramp
24th-August-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Graham
Thanks for that: another crappy pop tune going round in my head. :rolleyes: :sick: I'll have to go and put some proper music on I think. :waycool: Sorry! :rofl: :rofl:

Steve

Lounge Lizard
25th-August-2003, 11:17 PM
Yes -
Rachel
Yes but with Zara - Dancer from Dorking who now teaches with Dan at fleet.

Rachel
27th-August-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
Yes but with Zara - Dancer from Dorking who now teaches with Dan at fleet. Zara - yes, that's it, of course! Well, I was close...

Marc says Zara's brilliant to dance with. She certainly looks great to watch. Dancing, I mean.
R.

Andy McGregor
27th-August-2003, 12:34 PM
Zara - yes, that's it, of course! Well, I was close...

Marc says Zara's brilliant to dance with. She certainly looks great to watch. Dancing, I mean.
R.

Zara is absolutely lovely as a dancer and as a nice person and so is her mum:wink:

I think Zara is enjoying a long break in USA/Canada at the moment so you currently might not see her at Fleet.

Her an Dan were really great in the Ceroc Open until they seemed to run out of moves. The look on their faces said 'Help' I must know more moves but they seemed to get trapped in some kind of loop. Afterwards Zara was her usual smiley, cheery self but knew they'd not done their best.

I'm sure that we'll see Zara in the medals sometime soon.

And to get back to the Blackpool video for a moment. Zara was meant to be doing the Advanced with Ben Borrego but he let her down. She asked me to do it with her but there were no places by then. Come on girls, why am I always 2nd choice to Ben:tears:

Dreadful Scathe
1st-September-2003, 09:37 AM
hmm what happened to jellybeanfilms ? They / he / she become a member and then dissapeared again, to now not even show up in the member list?

And they didnt even comment on this thread - or did I miss it ? After proclaiming themselves as 'dance video specialists' in their member profile you'd think they'd have something to say....or was it a case of someone trying to be controversial and not the real people behind the Blackpool video at all ?

So who was on the grassy knoll that day ? :)

Franck
1st-September-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
hmm what happened to jellybeanfilms ? They / he / she become a member and then dissapeared again, to now not even show up in the member list? Hey DS! :nice:

No conspiracy!, jellybeanfilms registered, so appeared as the latest member for a while. However, it seems that they failed to confirm their email address, so they are members awaiting confirmation, and until they do, they will not appear on the members list!

Cheers,

Franck.

TheTramp
1st-September-2003, 09:53 AM
And were they able to read this thread before confirming their email?? (I can't remember which ones you have to be registered to be able to read!).

Steve

Franck
1st-September-2003, 10:00 AM
And were they able to read this thread before confirming their email?? (I can't remember which ones you have to be registered to be able to read!). Anyone can read this area (Social Events) guests etc... being a member awaiting confirmation does not open up any closed areas (like the Intermediate / DJ booth), until confirmed!

Franck.