PDA

View Full Version : Music Too Slow

xSalsa_Angelx
27th-June-2003, 12:37 PM
Does Any one who goes to Thursday class in 'O' Donoghues think for the past 3 weeks the music has been a bit sluggish and slow?

Had to ask the DJ last night to put on some dancier music, I think I got 2 dance songs,

I would like to hear a bit more up to date music, like stuff that's in the charts you can dance to.

Slow music you can't even dance normal to never mind ceroc to, or is that just me?

Think we need to get rid of the DJ and get Franck in with his Playlists :wink:
either that or volunteer to be a ceroc DJ myself ... hehehe

Dreadful Scathe
27th-June-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
Slow music you can't even dance normal to never mind ceroc to, or is that just me?

Thats just you :) you need to get a dance with B.T.C. Bill and learn how to dance slow and enjoy it :)

xSalsa_Angelx
27th-June-2003, 12:52 PM
Cheers for that Scathe.

I can't help wanting to be bouncy all the time, I just want to get up and dance, just get up and dance..!!!

I like it dancy...

BTW ... ave seen Bill dancing he;s a bit of a flirt is he not? hehe

have you danced with Bill slowly?? LOL :rofl:

Chicklet
27th-June-2003, 01:02 PM
BTW ... ave seen Bill dancing he;s a bit of a flirt is he not? hehe

have you danced with Bill slowly?? LOL :rofl:

lots of fun things on this forum for you to read on the flirt issue SA!!!

We have a handful of professionals!!!

and lots of the boys have danced slow with Bill, it's a delight to watch (but better to experience!!):D

xSalsa_Angelx
27th-June-2003, 01:05 PM
Hmmm what a thought?!! LOL
My Boyfriend would refuse to dance with a male.

I made him be the lady last night so i could try and lead him to show him what he was meant to be doing, he said it was too weird, he could not be a lady,

Chicklet
27th-June-2003, 01:05 PM
Think we need to get rid of the DJ and get Franck in with his Playlists :wink:

:rofl: :rofl:

isn't this a quote from the "things you never hear at a Ceroc night" thread????

:kiss: for Franck

spindr
27th-June-2003, 01:34 PM
Talking of "things you never hear at a Ceroc^H^H^H^H^H Modern Jive night":
when was the last time you heard some decent rock'n'roll --- some Bill Haley, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, etc? There's a reason it's called jive!

Got a request played last week for "Chantily Lace" (Big Bopper) and half the floor walked off.

Is it that no one teaches dancing to fast music, is it the pernicious rise of swing and blues, or is it that the average age attending now means that the musical tempo has to be ground right down.

Unabashed speed freak!
Neil.

44 bars per minute, or it doesn't hit that jive, Jack!

Dreadful Scathe
27th-June-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by spindr

when was the last time you heard some decent rock'n'roll --

at any Route66 night

Originally posted by spindr

Got a request played last week for "Chantily Lace" (Big Bopper) and half the floor walked off.

probably due more to lack of fitness than anything else, some of these jivers are getting on a bit y'know ;)

Chicklet
27th-June-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
at any Route66 night

at EVERY Route66 night!!!!!

Twinkle Toes
27th-June-2003, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chicklet
at EVERY Route66 night!!!!!

... and it just gets better and better.

TT x

xSalsa_Angelx
27th-June-2003, 01:50 PM
who says anything about lack of fitness??

That's why I want more fast / dancy music, I'm fit and like bouncing about... :na:

Grant
27th-June-2003, 02:50 PM
who says anything about lack of fitness??

That's why I want more fast / dancy music, I'm fit and like bouncing about... :na:
you also need good technique to dance fast. although i hear more complaints about slow music than fast music. a lot of beginners just don't like it or don't know how to dance to it.

Grant

Dance Demon
27th-June-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes

Originally posted by Chicklet
at EVERY Route66 night!!!!! ... and it just gets better and better. Well thank you TT:hug: We do play a fair bit of this type of stuff, but recently we have tried to keep the music at a reasonable pace for most of the time, and I've started doing a wee smoooooth set at the end of the night as a wee wind down session. must admit i used to struggle a bit with the slower stuff, but have got more in to it recently, even more so since adam & Mandy's workshop:waycool:

TheTramp
28th-June-2003, 03:10 AM
Do you go to Peterculter on Tuesday nights too?

Cos in 3 more weeks time, I'll be taking over the DJing there.

And I'm more than happy with playing requests, as well as trying to get a good variety of music all night.

PM me with some of your favourites (this applies to anyone who goes there), and I'll try to make sure that I have them, and that I play them :D

Steve

Adrian (DJ)
28th-June-2003, 11:12 PM
Bit shy Ms. Salsa Angel are you not? I might be wrong, but by what you've said I gather the music has not been up to your personal taste. I forgot that Thursday nites at O'Donoghues are "The Salsa Angel Nite of Happy Hardcore". I'll remember to bring my glow sticks and whistles next Thursday, along with a few non-prescription go-go pills to keep me awake for the marathon three hours.

Had to ask the DJ last night to put on some dancier music, I think I got 2 dance songs
Not bad for one person out of 80! If everyone got two songs, I'd be playing approx. 160 songs a nite.

Think we need to get rid of the DJ
Maybe a name change to Salsa (It's My Party And I'll Cry If I Want To) Angel. Bit long but I think it may catch on.
You're right though, there hasn't been a lot of dance music recently. Ask any of the regulars and they'll tell you that in the past there has been nites where there has been more dance music than anything else, just as at the moment there has been other types of music instead. Two reasons:
1) The current dance songs in my collection are overplayed.
2) There is a lack of good dance tunes in the charts at the moment. The kind of dance tunes I mean are ones that I think have a funky and feelgood element to them and not the ones designed to keep clubbers in a trance-like state for a couple of hours. I'm sure most Cerocers would agree.
I have nothing against playing requests, but just because a song is requested does not mean it must get played. There is everyone else to consider and therefore unpopular decisions are made sometimes. All DJ's are aware that they won't make friends with everyone on the dancefloor. At least I know where you stand!
This kind of thread pops up every now and then, and for a short while we have a DJ's versus Cerocers argument. It's pointless. In fact this whole spiel is pointless and I've wasted quite a while on it, so to all regulars and occasional visitors to O'Donoghues please keep the feedback coming, it honestly is invaluable, but there are better ways to get the message through to me (and other DJ's). Thanks for reading.

Adrian.

Dreadful Scathe
29th-June-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Adrian (DJ)
I gather the music has not been up to your personal taste. I forgot that Thursday nites at O'Donoghues are "The Salsa Angel Nite of Happy Hardcore". I'll remember to bring my glow sticks and whistles next Thursday, along with a [snip]

SalsaAngel's post suggests to me she likes variety, that she has patience and that despite her opinion that "the past 3 weeks the music has been a bit sluggish and slow" she still likes to go there. She asks for 2 songs with the same expectation as everyone else that you'l play them or not and you respond with a post that'll make you a candidate for Ceroc Forums most sarcastic git of 2003. And its only June :).

You seem to be treating a simple comment as a personal insult :D. Wooaaah!

On another note - can you play only SClub and Sophie Ellis Bextor tracks next week? thanks ;)

Gus
29th-June-2003, 11:08 AM

On another note - can you play only SClub and Sophie Ellis Bextor tracks next week? thanks ;)

DS .... Thou has sinned more than I can bare ... please issue a recantation immediately!

Nahh .... I think the recurrent theme on this type of thread is that you need a variety and you will never be able to please everyone....

though I do feel another thread coming on discussing what istoo slow ... maybe sometime late in the week

xSalsa_Angelx
30th-June-2003, 08:10 AM
:rofl: LOL thanks Scathe,
Me shy Na I don't think so.....

Thanks for your comments Adrian, will be looking forward to seeing you with your glow sticks on thursday then...!!!:rofl:

xSalsa_Angelx
30th-June-2003, 08:27 AM
HI Tramp, No i don't go to Peterculter yet, but probably will in about 3 weeks time, as my boyfriend is off to work away abroad for about 3 weeks.

So will look forward to seeing you there, :cheers:

Gadget
30th-June-2003, 12:16 PM
HI Tramp, No i don't go to Peterculter yet, but probably will in about 3 weeks time, as my boyfriend is off to work away abroad for about 3 weeks.
I will have to wait in eager anticipation for my dance then...

{personal opinion, but I feel that the venue is a bit cramped with a very poor floor: 'Culter has about four times the space and a really good floor.}

xSalsa_Angelx
30th-June-2003, 12:36 PM
I've heard its meant to be better, will give it a try in a couple of weeks, I do find the cobbled bits in 'o' donoghues a bit crap to dance on..!!

Gadget
30th-June-2003, 01:18 PM
I've heard its meant to be better, will give it a try in a couple of weeks, I do find the cobbled bits in 'o' donoghues a bit crap to dance on..!!
I was a regular, but I got a bit tired of "combat dancing" and when my spex went flying to shatter on the cobbles I decided enough was enough.
{OK, my fault for doing something particulary flamboyant :wink:, but I didn't have room to catch them!:tears:}

xSalsa_Angelx
30th-June-2003, 01:21 PM
:rofl: gadget very funny, I refuse to wear mine too while dancing, boyfriend has a nasty habit of whacking me in the face while doing push spins, so decided it would be a good idea not to wear them.
I'll get my own back on him one day..... hehehe:D

Chicklet
30th-June-2003, 01:34 PM
:rofl: gadget very funny, I refuse to wear mine too while dancing, boyfriend has a nasty habit of whacking me in the face while doing push spins, so decided it would be a good idea not to wear them.
I'll get my own back on him one day..... hehehe:D

This reminded me - I usually wear my lenses at party nights and glasses for classes (too stingy to wear them 24 / 7)and have had men at classes ask me why I never go to party nights cos they've never seen me there!! I always put it down to the glasses thing but I wouldn't have ever said mine are particularly noticable!

Anyone else ever experienced this ??

PS I had danced with at least two of the men several times at various parties!!!:D

Bill
1st-July-2003, 03:25 PM
Is someone suggesting there are too many slowish songs being played :confused: :rolleyes: .................surely not !!!

I was actually thinking that there have been some really good tracks recently and what bores me are too many 'standards' from the 60's and 70's ! But these are the very tracks I would have loved to when I started because the beat is obvious and often 'bouncy'.

I could dance all night to the tracks Adam played at his workshop and from the comments from the weekend there are many more converts to the 'bluesy' tracks. But as many have said in a number of threads - the DJ has to cater for all tastes and while some dancers want Chuck Berry or Elvis others ( who might be happy with some of these) would like Eva Cassidy or Lisa Ekhdal.

Variety is the spice of life

:D :na:

xSalsa_Angelx
1st-July-2003, 03:32 PM
Yep Bill am the guilty one,

But that's where age differs i guess, but nothing wrong with a bit of Elvis..!!!! :yum:

Aleks
1st-July-2003, 03:32 PM
This reminded me - I usually wear my lenses at party nights and glasses for classes (too stingy to wear them 24 / 7)and have had men at classes ask me why I never go to party nights cos they've never seen me there!! I always put it down to the glasses thing but I wouldn't have ever said mine are particularly noticable!

Anyone else ever experienced this ??

PS I had danced with at least two of the men several times at various parties!!!:D

Same here - probably due to the war paint needed to cover/mask the eye bags only noticeable when not wearing specs!

Graham
2nd-July-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
Same here - probably due to the war paint needed to cover/mask the eye bags only noticeable when not wearing specs! This is also what I thought of - Chickie, I suspect you do spend more time on makeup & preening at weekends than during the week, and I must confess I actually didn't recognise you the first time I saw you without your glasses (after having spoken to you when you were wearing them).

Other than the makeup, another thing which can be a factor in this is if you have attractive eyes, as this is less noticeable when wearing glasses.

Chicklet
2nd-July-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Graham
week, and I must confess I actually didn't recognise you the first time I saw you without your glasses (after having spoken to you when you were wearing them).

aye but the "first time" was VERY early on that Sunday morning in that 70s theme hotel wasn't it G-Man:wink:

Make up???Never touched the stuff:rofl:

Chicklet
2nd-July-2003, 09:51 AM
& preening

This could be good for a laugh - define exactly what activities you count under the heading of "preening" please:D

Graham
2nd-July-2003, 09:59 AM
This could be good for a laugh - define exactly what activities you count under the heading of "preening" please:D

Eyebrow plucking
Blow-drying hair
Application of hair gel/spray/stuff
Application of glitter
Re-highlighting hair
Whitening teeth
Application of Eyedrops
Application of fake tan / use of sunbed / holiday in Italy
Choice of sexier clothes
Use of non-surgical face-lift
Shaving/waxing legs/armpits/bikini-line
I'm sure there's more....:wink:

Graham
2nd-July-2003, 10:04 AM
You seem to be treating a simple comment as a personal insult :D. Wooaaah! The simple comment being "we need to get rid of the DJ"? Nah, nothing personal there! :grin:

Incidentally - just found the bouncy references CJ had mentioned passing up - I'm extremely impressed by your forbearance, CJ!

xSalsa_Angelx
2nd-July-2003, 10:08 AM
Incidentally - just found the bouncy references CJ had mentioned passing up - I'm extremely impressed by your forbearance, CJ! [/B][/QUOTE]

Haha Graham very funnny, it was all Innocent, Honest :innocent: :rofl:

Chicklet
2nd-July-2003, 10:28 AM

Eyebrow plucking
Blow-drying hair
Application of hair gel/spray/stuff
Application of glitter
Re-highlighting hair
Whitening teeth
Application of Eyedrops
Application of fake tan / use of sunbed / holiday in Italy
Choice of sexier clothes
Use of non-surgical face-lift
Shaving/waxing legs/armpits/bikini-line
I'm sure there's more....:wink:

I'm very impressed. Every so slightly ashamed to admit this is really not far off at all!!!

The only one that er, stands out, that you missed was selection of most appropriate bra(S)
:rofl:

Graham
2nd-July-2003, 10:42 AM
I'm very impressed. Every so slightly ashamed to admit this is really not far off at all!!!

The only one that er, stands out, that you missed was selection of most appropriate bra(S)
:rofl: So they don't count as clothes? :confused: Anyway - that's an optional one depending how frisky you're feeling :wink: :devil:

Dreadful Scathe
2nd-July-2003, 11:34 AM
The simple comment being "we need to get rid of the DJ"? Nah, nothing personal there! :grin:

thats a throwaway comment if ever there was one though, its the music thats important not how its played and who doesnt complain about music . Every DJ gets negative comments, even more so if they are dance DJ's, i stand by my calming response to the DJs over-enthusiatic retort :)

Graham
2nd-July-2003, 11:55 AM
thats a throwaway comment if ever there was one though, its the music thats important not how its played and who doesnt complain about music . Every DJ gets negative comments, even more so if they are dance DJ's, i stand by my calming response to the DJs over-enthusiatic retort :) Adrian always talks like that on here - I've never met him so don't know what he's like in person. But I disagree that your post was calming, since you asserted that there was nothing to take offence at in the original post, and Adrian may have felt differently. Although I have to admit that suggesting Franck as an alternative was a bit of a giveaway that xSAx was not being entirely serious :wink:

Gadget
2nd-July-2003, 12:04 PM
Same here - probably due to the war paint needed to cover/mask the eye bags only noticeable when not wearing specs!
Damn, my secret's out - men don't get to wear makeup (unless they want to be branded as a girlie/weirdo/actor) therefore I need my spex to hide the bags under the bags under my eyes!!
:tears:

Grant
2nd-July-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
[B]I need my spex to hide the bags under the bags under my eyes!!/B]
spex - is that some brand of polyfiller?:wink:
Grant

Bill
2nd-July-2003, 03:24 PM
:rofl:

and surely a selction of matching knickers/thongs........and possibly spare tights ( in a selction of colours possibly). :sorry :wink:

Grant
2nd-July-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Bill
and surely a selction of matching knickers/thongs........and possibly spare tights ( in a selction of colours possibly). :sorry :wink:
so good of you to share your x-dressing experience with us:wink:

Grant

Chicklet
2nd-July-2003, 03:31 PM

tights???:eek: :eek:

all the best girls wear stockings, surely a man of your er experience knows that!!!:innocent:

Bill
3rd-July-2003, 11:05 AM
tights???:eek: :eek:

all the best girls wear stockings, surely a man of your er experience knows that!!!:innocent:

but not when you're wearing a short skirt :eek: :yum:

I know they are soooooooooo much sexier than tights but there are times when practicality has to replace sensuality :wink: :rolleyes:

But if you want to wear stockings at the next dance Chickie I'll not complain............nor will any man :innocent: :na:

Bill
3rd-July-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Grant
so good of you to share your x-dressing experience with us:wink:

Grant

Have you ever seen a woman's bag at a dance night ???? almost everything bar the kitchen sink :D :na: Amzing just how mnay spare 'items' a woman can take ............... 'just in case' :wink: :what:

Graham
3rd-July-2003, 11:13 AM
1. There are times when practicality has to replace sensuality: discuss. (25 marks)

2. What proportion of men would like Chicklet to wear stockings? Give reasons for your answer. (10 marks)

3. Is it necessary to wear tights with a short skirt? What are the social, emotional and psychological repercussions of exposing stocking tops on the dance floor? (15 marks)

Bill
3rd-July-2003, 11:16 AM
What are the social, emotional and psychological repercussions of exposing stocking tops on the dance floor? (15 marks)

for the men or the women ????? Think I know what the emotional and physical repercussions for the men might be :D :innocent:

Graham
3rd-July-2003, 11:19 AM
for the men or the women ????? Think I know what the emotional and physical repercussions for the men might be :D :innocent: Both, obviously - you're not getting 15 marks just for the men part!

Rachel
3rd-July-2003, 11:30 AM
Have you ever seen a woman's bag at a dance night ???? almost everything bar the kitchen sink :D :na: Amzing just how mnay spare 'items' a woman can take ............... 'just in case' :wink: :what: Yes, very true, but I've lost count how many times, at a dance, Marc say to me: have you got a pen, emergency sewing kit, safety pin, mobile phone, towel, plasters, etc etc. What would men do without us?

BTW - stockings, if you dare, would actually be far more practical - or at least healthy - for dancing than tights. Especially if you're going to be sweating at all.

Rachel

Graham
3rd-July-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
BTW - stockings, if you dare, would actually be far more practical - or at least healthy - for dancing than tights. Especially if you're going to be sweating at all. I'm all for encouraging a healthy lifestyle. :wink: :devil: Any other tips Rach?

Chicklet
3rd-July-2003, 11:41 AM
just cos a girl is wearing them doesn't mean she has to flash 'em, well at least not at everybody:wink: At the Chalet School we were taught lots of wee tricks for keeping things to ourselves.

But that said I have a confession to make.

I am a fab 10 pin bowler (own ball, shoes, chalk etc) and used to be in a league with a bunch of blokes and they used to make me go anchor because then it would be someone from the other team that would be coming on after me and the hope was he got a bit flustered, no idea if it worked really...but I had some great "bowling" skirts.....

Chicklet
3rd-July-2003, 11:47 AM

3. Is it necessary to wear tights with a short skirt? What are the social, emotional and psychological repercussions of exposing stocking tops on the dance floor? (15 marks)

above confession notwithstanding, I think a suitable balance needs to be achieved, particularly at a dance night. Doing it to be in your face with low stockings and a very short skirt would be tacky but weach them up quite high with a longer but perhaps slightly flary skirt that gave the odd glimpse really wouldn't hurt anyone I don't think.

Can't believe I'M putting forward a sensible view here???!!!!!

We need TT in here, she's an expert on this subject.

Bill
3rd-July-2003, 11:50 AM
BTW - stockings, if you dare, would actually be far more practical - or at least healthy - for dancing than tights. Especially if you're going to be sweating at all.

Rachel

Very true Rachel and having worn both tights and stockings ( not at the same time obviously, nothing weird about me !) it was much cooler wearing the stockings. :rolleyes:

I may well be down in Northampton again in August rach so I'll keep my eyes open for the girl with the stockings and I'll know who you are................and of course I'll be looking for a man who is writing somehting with a borrowed pen and has several plasters about him :na:

Rachel
3rd-July-2003, 12:16 PM
Very true Rachel and having worn both tights and stockings ( not at the same time obviously, nothing weird about me !) it was much cooler wearing the stockings. :rolleyes:

I may well be down in Northampton again in August rach so I'll keep my eyes open for the girl with the stockings and I'll know who you are................and of course I'll be looking for a man who is writing somehting with a borrowed pen and has several plasters about him :na: Excellent, I'd love to see you there, so let us know when you're coming down. Or you'd be welcome to share a lift with us to Hipsters, if you fancied.

Oh yes, stockings are great, but I don't think I'd dare wear them dancing. (I obviously haven't got your nerve!). Though if other people want to wear them, as Chicklet says, I don't see why the odd glimpse should be anything to worry about. Me - I just stick to the fake tan!

R.

Rachel
3rd-July-2003, 12:22 PM
Now what I'd really like to do is start a campaign to liberate us ladies from having to wear bras to dancing. I always feel as if I should wear one for decency's sake, but I'm so flat-chested I don't actually need to. Which is really frustrating! Trying to get a bra to fit under a little dance top is a nightmare, as I think Chicklet said earlier!
R.

Graham
3rd-July-2003, 12:29 PM
Now what I'd really like to do is start a campaign to liberate us ladies from having to wear bras to dancing. I always feel as if I should wear one for decency's sake, but I'm so flat-chested I don't actually need to. Which is really frustrating! Trying to get a bra to fit under a little dance top is a nightmare, as I think Chicklet said earlier!
R. I completely agree with you Rachel. It's time to end this tyranny. :wink:

Chicklet
3rd-July-2003, 12:29 PM
R.

I have a slightly different problem!!!!

And would no doubt be chucked out on heath and safety gounds if the decency police didn't get me first!!!

Have you tried the ones with the removable straps, If I'm wearing something with very little sleeve I criss cross them at the back and usually they can't be seen - If there's no option but to be flashing something I have found silver spangly removable straps so they look a bit more deliberate! All of which adds to the list of delights to be found in my bag!!!

:D

Twinkle Toes
3rd-July-2003, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chicklet
I think a suitable balance needs to be achieved, particularly at a dance night. Doing it to be in your face with low stockings and a very short skirt would be tacky but weach them up quite high with a longer but perhaps slightly flary skirt that gave the odd glimpse really wouldn't hurt anyone I don't think.
Can't believe I'M putting forward a sensible view here???!!!!!

We need TT in here, she's an expert on this subject.

Expert ! :eek: I'm flattered Chickie - and there was me thinking I was discrete - obviously been flashing to the wrong sex.

I agree with you Chickie, in general I would say it was necessary (unless it’s bare legs of course) to lengthen the skirt, otherwise it looks very tarty. The only exception to this would be fancy dress, whereby it’s a bit of fun.
But it's definitely healthier and more comfortable to wear stockings. :innocent:

TT x :hug:

Aleks
3rd-July-2003, 02:15 PM
I have a slightly different problem!!!!
:D

Me too. I once wore a halter neck-low back strappy excuse for a bra (for decency's sake). Everything was going swimmingly until my partner dropped me (I mean DROPPED me on the floor!). A vain attempt to catch me by pulling on my clothes just meant that he unleashed my wobbly bits. Fortunately everyone was concentrating on their own dance and noone saw except him. He was extremely embarrased and I vowed never to wear that bra again......I may still change my mind, but only when the memory of that event doesn't cause my cheeks to flush any more.

CJ
3rd-July-2003, 02:16 PM
Does this mean that suspender belts come with long and short dangly bits to allow variability in stocking height, or are they adjustable?

Bill?

Graham
3rd-July-2003, 02:26 PM
Me too. I once wore a halter neck-low back strappy excuse for a bra (for decency's sake). Everything was going swimmingly until my partner dropped me (I mean DROPPED me on the floor!). A vain attempt to catch me by pulling on my clothes just meant that he unleashed my wobbly bits. Fortunately everyone was concentrating on their own dance and noone saw except him. He was extremely embarrased and I vowed never to wear that bra again......I may still change my mind, but only when the memory of that event doesn't cause my cheeks to flush any more. Wouldn't ANY top have come off if someone tried to stop you hitting the floor by pulling on it? I can only assume you now wear something which makes Heather and Linda's chastity belts look flimsy!

Grant
3rd-July-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Does this mean that suspender belts come with long and short dangly bits to allow variability in stocking height, or are they adjustable?

Bill?
And the reason you need to know is.....?

Grant

Chicklet
3rd-July-2003, 02:41 PM

Bill?

they are adjustable and if you didn't know that by now heaven help you (actually I think you're lying to prolong the discussion on this topic!!)!!!!.....Big patronising aaahhhh for CJ.

Graham
3rd-July-2003, 02:48 PM
they are adjustable and if you didn't know that by now heaven help you (actually I think you're lying to prolong the discussion on this topic!!)!!!!.....Big patronising aaahhhh for CJ. Of course he's lying - if Brady's at one end (well, he used to be anyway :wink: ) of the naive and innocent scale, Robert's definitely at the Chicklet end. :devil:

Grant
3rd-July-2003, 02:51 PM
actually I think you're lying to prolong the discussion on this topic.
and look how well it's working! well done CJ :wink: :waycool:

Grant

CJ
3rd-July-2003, 02:52 PM
Of course he's lying - if Brady's at one end (well, he used to be anyway :wink: ) of the naive and innocent scale, Robert's definitely at the Chicklet end. :devil:

EXCUSE MEEEEEEEEE!!

I think you'll find Chicklet's @ my end!!:D

Chicklet
3rd-July-2003, 02:56 PM
EXCUSE MEEEEEEEEE!!

I think you'll find Chicklet's @ my end!!:D

er she is not and never has been anywhere NEAR your end you bugger!!!!!

Dance Demon
3rd-July-2003, 03:08 PM
above confession notwithstanding, I think a suitable balance needs to be achieved, particularly at a dance night. Doing it to be in your face with low stockings and a very short skirt would be tacky but weach them up quite high with a longer but perhaps slightly flary skirt that gave the odd glimpse really wouldn't hurt anyone I don't think.

Ahhh Chickie.......the short skirt & stockings "tarty" look does nothing for me ..........but the occasional flash of stocking top......weeeeellll:wink: :yum:

Chicklet
3rd-July-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Ahhh Chickie.......the short skirt & stockings "tarty" look does nothing for me ..........but the occasional flash of stocking top......weeeeellll:wink: :yum:

exactly, I have always believed it's what you don't see that adds the allure rather than what you do ??

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-July-2003, 03:17 PM
I completely agree with you Rachel. It's time to end this tyranny. :wink:

most interesting thread for a good while - and i enthusiastically agree :). Although as some have pointed out theres some danger for both sides in this - i wonder if Aleks could spin so well if her centre of gravity was dramatically changed by not wearing a bra !! :) things that stick out from a spinning object tend to pull the object of to one side dont they, especially if theyre not strapped down ? :) Also means CJ must struggle to dance in his kilt (as hes surely a true scotsman):what:

Grant
3rd-July-2003, 03:21 PM
i wonder if Aleks could spin so well if her centre of gravity was dramatically changed by not wearing a bra !!
strewth mate, hope you've got your flak jacket on. or have i misunderstood you?

Grant

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-July-2003, 03:23 PM
strewth mate, hope you've got your flak jacket on. or have i misunderstood you?

indeed i read that back and realising it could be misunderstood (im scared of Aleks as it is) i added an extra line.....:eek:

Dance Demon
3rd-July-2003, 03:32 PM
most interesting thread for a good while - and i enthusiastically agree :). Although as some have pointed out theres some danger for both sides in this - i wonder if Aleks could spin so well if her centre of gravity was dramatically changed by not wearing a bra !! :) things that stick out from a spinning object tend to pull the object of to one side dont they, especially if theyre not strapped down ? :) Also means CJ must struggle to dance in his kilt (as hes surely a true scotsman):what:

I think it's called "centrifugal force" DS....and without a bra Aleks' centre of gravity would be around her waist somewhere:sorry .....can't speak for CJ though:D

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-July-2003, 03:40 PM
I think it's called "centrifugal force" DS

Thats the one . Me and centrifugals are not friends :)

CJ
3rd-July-2003, 03:41 PM
Even CJ can't speak for CJ on this one...:what:

Aleks
3rd-July-2003, 03:41 PM
I think it's called "centrifugal force" DS....and without a bra Aleks' centre of gravity would be around her waist somewhere:sorry .....can't speak for CJ though:D

You cheeky buggers - I'm only 30!!!!!!!!!!!! Gravity takes hold eventually, but can't throw them over my shoulders yet!!!

DD - you just wait until we dance again - you may find your own cerntre of gravity subtly shifted.......................by my knee!!!!!!!!

Grant
3rd-July-2003, 03:42 PM
well i guess ds is out of danger for now...would you like to borrow his flak jacket?

Grant

CJ
3rd-July-2003, 03:44 PM
You cheeky buggers - I'm only 30!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah... 30 WHAT?!?!?!?:innocent:

Grant
3rd-July-2003, 03:45 PM
DD - you just wait until we dance again - you may find your own cerntre of gravity subtly shifted.......................by my knee!!!!!!!!
oh sorry dd i guess a flak jacket won't give any protection from this :wink:

Grant

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-July-2003, 03:46 PM
You cheeky buggers - I'm only 30!!!!!!!!!!!! Gravity takes hold eventually, but can't throw them over my shoulders yet!!!

:eek: eek slightly misunderstood - DD understood me, your centre of gravity has nothing to do with the droopiness of anything, its how much it projects from the centre of the object trying to spin. In fact it would put your centre of gravity off MORE the higher up the ...er...protrusions happend to be..so if you have a particularly firm pair of erm...extendables...it would indeed badly affect your centre of gravity if they werent held in place to the main body and instead moved of their own accord to shift the centre point..er...ill get my coat.

Grant
3rd-July-2003, 03:47 PM
Yeah... 30 WHAT?!?!?!?:innocent:
never seen so many guys queueing up to be punished. do you know something about aleks that i don't?:wink:

Grant

CJ
3rd-July-2003, 03:48 PM
oh sorry dd i guess a flak jacket won't give any protection from this :wink:

Grant

Might stop them popping out his chest on the way up!!

CJ
3rd-July-2003, 03:57 PM
never seen so many guys queueing up to be punished. do you know something about aleks that i don't?:wink:

Grant

That she has a tremendous sense of humour and is a warm and , em, generous person.:waycool:

Aleks
3rd-July-2003, 04:12 PM
That she has a tremendous sense of humour and is a warm and , em, generous person.:waycool:

Generous with........what exactly?

Aleks
3rd-July-2003, 04:15 PM
:eek: eek slightly misunderstood - DD understood me, your centre of gravity has nothing to do with the droopiness of anything, its how much it projects from the centre of the object trying to spin. In fact it would put your centre of gravity off MORE the higher up the ...er...protrusions happend to be..so if you have a particularly firm pair of erm...extendables...it would indeed badly affect your centre of gravity if they werent held in place to the main body and instead moved of their own accord to shift the centre point..er...ill get my coat.

And I always worried about the size of my derriere affecting my centre of gravity - that's why I always wear heels to push my balance forward.

Dance Demon
3rd-July-2003, 05:13 PM

And a very sweet and loveley 30 at that Aleks:D
Phew!!!....good job I'm behind the decks on saturday, and not dancing.......or else I'd have to dig out the old boxing protector belt:what:

PS ...nothing wrong with your derriere either Aleks:hug:
(think I should stop now:innocent: )

CJ
3rd-July-2003, 11:40 PM
Generous with........what exactly?

Your warmth!! Obviously.:wink:

Aleks
4th-July-2003, 10:09 AM
Your warmth!! Obviously.:wink:

There were a few people being very generous with their body fluids too on Tuesday.....

I was talking about sweat!:wink: