PDA

View Full Version : Tea Dance aboard HMS President 28th Jan

stewart38
23rd-January-2007, 04:59 PM
Every time we get the , the last ever etc however its still going, like MFI ?

In the past ive seen no correlation re how cold it is or warm it is and the numbers

who is going then :grin:

-----------------

Tea Dance aboard HMS President
Board at 2.00pm. Class 2.30–3.00pm, FREESTYLE till 6.00pm incl. dancing on the deck. FREE tea & cakes £10.00 entry Static moored on Victoria Embankment
Start: 2:00pm
End: 6:pm
------------

fletch
23rd-January-2007, 05:11 PM
I love this venue :clap:

but I carn't make it this time :tears:

Did i ever tell you about the time I was dancing on the deck........

a guy I try and do 'lindy' with was at this venue and we were dancing on the deck....he said just follow me with your foot work you will be ok.:flower:

He started to do this strange sliding, rubbing thing with his foot on the ground, so I just started to copy him, he said 'what you doing', and I said copying you, it transpired that he had got a leaf stuck to the bottom of his shoe and was trying to rub it off.:sick:

I laughed so much the tears were rolling down my face........not sure what the slone rangers thought of my common laughter. :rofl:

ElaineB
23rd-January-2007, 09:16 PM

a guy I try and do 'lindy' with was at this venue and we were dancing on the deck....he said just follow me with your foot work you will be ok.:flower:

He started to do this strange sliding, rubbing thing with his foot on the ground, so I just started to copy him, he said 'what you doing', and I said copying you, it transpired that he had got a leaf stuck to the bottom of his shoe and was trying to rub it off.:sick:

I laughed so much the tears were rolling down my face........not sure what the slone rangers thought of my common laughter. :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Brilliant! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Elaine

Twirly
26th-January-2007, 03:12 PM
Every time we get the , the last ever etc however its still going, like MFI ?

In the past ive seen no correlation re how cold it is or warm it is and the numbers

who is going then :grin:

-----------------

Tea Dance aboard HMS President
Board at 2.00pm. Class 2.30–3.00pm, FREESTYLE till 6.00pm incl. dancing on the deck. FREE tea & cakes £10.00 entry Static moored on Victoria Embankment
Start: 2:00pm
End: 6:pm
------------

So are you going then? Am probably going to - the weather forecast is good at the moment. It's been suggested to me that going in rough weather isn't a great plan :what: :sick:

Anyone else?

WittyBird
26th-January-2007, 03:15 PM
Anyone else?

Thinking about it, if I feel better than I do now. I've got a stinking cold and I've been in bed all day, well still am.

Twirly
26th-January-2007, 03:58 PM
Thinking about it, if I feel better than I do now. I've got a stinking cold and I've been in bed all day, well still am.

Aww, poor Witty... hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Girl who sits next to me went home with a cold earlier. All this cold weather we've been having, and then it's supposed to go mild which will allow the bugs to breed... must take some extra vitamin C...

fletch
26th-January-2007, 04:52 PM
So are you going then? Am probably going to - the weather forecast is good at the moment. It's been suggested to me that going in rough weather isn't a great plan :what: :sick:

Anyone else?

Even in the summer I have to take travel sick tablets before I go on board :sick:

ho no! I have had mine for two weeks I hope you are going to be ok for SP :flower:

Dai
26th-January-2007, 05:24 PM

Only you sweetheart!!:rofl: :worthy: :rofl:

Twirly
28th-January-2007, 10:52 PM
Had a lovely time on the boat this afternoon, although it didn't look promising to start with. Arrived late and there were quite a few women over. But had some lovely dances (despite that wretched floor! :sick: ). Saw JHutch there, also Miguel and had good dances with both of them, met LMC again and Lynn and had a good chat with both of them. Shame the Witty one wasn't up to coming along :(

It wasn't too busy either, which meant that most of the time there was plenty of room on the floor which made a change. Got asked quite a few times as well, despite the gender imbalance, and managed to feel confident enough to ask quite a few strangers too :clap: :nice: And my first dance with Jammy too - lovely :D

Jhutch
28th-January-2007, 11:41 PM
Well its certainly different getting up and going dancing pretty much straight away:what: :grin: Dangerous to let me loose somewhere where you can drink as much tea as you like:drool: Felt a bit detached from events as my head and body is messed up owing to being on nights at the mo:sad: but had a generally good time and had good dances with Twirly, LMC and Lynn:)

Lynn
29th-January-2007, 01:49 AM
A nice round off to my weekend. Have to admit the slope and movement felt strange at the first dance, but easy to get used to. Had some good dances and really enjoyed the tea and chat looking out over the river. The setting really made the afternoon for me and I wandered out onto the deck a fair few times, despite the January weather!

Nice to meet Twirly and Jhutch. :hug: Had a lovely dance with Jhutch to a tangoey track I'd missed out on getting to dance to the evening before.

Jhutch
29th-January-2007, 01:51 AM
The setting really made the afternoon for me and I wandered out onto the deck a fair few times, despite the January weather!

I would have thought you would have thought it was quite nice and mild out there actually?:wink:

Lynn
29th-January-2007, 02:00 AM
I would have thought you would have thought it was quite nice and mild out there actually?:wink: :rofl:

Would have been warmer with some spicy salsa and tortilla chips though.... :wink:

Jhutch
29th-January-2007, 02:09 AM
:rofl:

Would have been warmer with some spicy salsa and tortilla chips though.... :wink:

:rofl:

fletch
29th-January-2007, 09:33 AM
Miguel and had good dances with both of them,

Did he offer to buy you coffe and cake :wink:

:D

Shame I missed him :hug:

Miguel
29th-January-2007, 10:22 AM
Did he offer to buy you coffe and cake :wink:

Didn't have to as it's all FREE :clap: :clap: :clap:

LMC
29th-January-2007, 08:48 PM
(I posted some nice stuff on the aftermath thread)

And it's no good... I just can't resist.

AERIALS :mad:

I don't care how little floor space they are using. It's like driving: it doesn't matter how perfect you are, some other idiot may well crash into you.

fletch
30th-January-2007, 05:12 PM
Didn't have to as it's all FREE :clap: :clap: :clap:

now I know why you allways offer to get mine when i'm there :wink:

I hope you are still carrying that £2 in your pocket just incase :D

wayaay bird
30th-January-2007, 07:48 PM
I had a really good time. Nice to finally meet Lynn. Shame i didnt meet any other new forumites.

The afternoon went so quick even though i was there so early. Really enjoyed demoing after worrying about it all week :nice:

Cant wait for the next one.

Rosie Posie
1st-February-2007, 04:10 PM
The afternoon went so quick even though i was there so early. Really enjoyed demoing after worrying about it all week :nice:

And very well you did it too! :hug:
I had a fun time , loadz of great Dances