PDA

View Full Version : An American does Scotland Proud!!

Dave Hancock
22nd-January-2007, 07:29 PM
Just a quick note to let everyone back home know about Brady's success at the San Diego jack and jill yesterday where he danced his socks off and won the novice jack and jill.

This follows on last week when he and Susan drew each other in the final of the Monterrey jack and jill and got third.

Major congratulations to both :cheers:

Also won done to Kriss and Susan for getting to the semi's in San Diego where the standard was phenominally high.

Other highlights at San Diego was the new routine by Kyle and Brandi, they were 2nd to J & T's Pump it routine but it must have been a close run thing as it was an excellent classic routine.

Once again well done to those that competed over here and have helped to get Scotland (and the UK) further recognised in the WCS scene.

ducasi
22nd-January-2007, 07:35 PM
Congratulations Brady, Susan & Kriss. :worthy:

Msfab
22nd-January-2007, 08:40 PM
:respect:
Thats fab news! Big CONGRATULATIONS to all and Well done!:clap:

I thought Brady had been adopted by the Scots (UK) by now:whistle:

Sheepman
22nd-January-2007, 08:55 PM
:respect:
Thats fab news! Big CONGRATULATIONS to all and Well done!:clap: :yeah: Having seen the standard of the comps out there I know that's an impressive achievement!

Greg

Yliander
22nd-January-2007, 09:02 PM
Congratulations!!! thats a fantastic effort!!!!

Tiggerbabe
22nd-January-2007, 10:14 PM
Huge contrats to you all :hug: well done :clap:

Dance Demon
22nd-January-2007, 10:39 PM
Yay...well done you guys:respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-January-2007, 10:41 PM
Well done indeed - different class :)

jammy
23rd-January-2007, 12:36 AM
yes well done guys!:respect:

Caro
23rd-January-2007, 07:49 AM
brilliant! Well done Brady and Susan! :respect: :clap:

And thanks for the update Dave (especially as the full results aren't posted yet) :flower:

Lory
23rd-January-2007, 10:00 AM
Fabulous news! Congratulations to them all! :clap: :cheers: :worthy:

Dizzy
23rd-January-2007, 10:13 AM
Congratulations to Brady and Susan :clap: :clap: :worthy: :respect:

Well Done. :flower:

Gadget
23rd-January-2007, 01:40 PM
Well done :worthy:

Limpy Tink
23rd-January-2007, 08:35 PM
:clap: :worthy: :clap: well done - that's fab news :clap: :worthy: :clap:

WittyBird
23rd-January-2007, 08:52 PM
Results post now Here (http://www.swingdiego.com/results2007.html) Well done Guys :respect: :worthy:

Novice Jack & Jill
Brady Rogers Edinburgh, Scotland
Christin Noel Fremont, CA
Todd Paulus Minneapolis, MN
Briana Cimino Santa Rosa, CA
David Kaplan Chevy Chase, MD
Melissa Landrum Gaithersburg, MD
Shawn Jessup Phoenix,AZ
Christine Jessp Tempe, AZ
Tom Selzler Kelowna, BC
Alina Entin Chevy Chase, MD

Pro Female / Novice Male Am
Dave Berryhill Houston,TX
Lisa D'Amico
Mark Pablo Spring Valley, CA
Dawne Kiehm
Brady Rogers Edinburgh, Scotland
Melina Ramirez

Minnie M
23rd-January-2007, 09:49 PM
:respect: Fantastic News ! :respect:

Well done - it takes dedication and hard work to compete with the Americans

spikey blond
23rd-January-2007, 10:25 PM
Brilliant news, :clap: :clap: congratulations Brady and Susan, an amazing achievement!! Sounds as if you are all having a great time and certainly putting UK WCS on the map! Safe journey home.:flower:

melb
23rd-January-2007, 11:28 PM
Well Done Susan and Brady........ My congratulations to you both you deserve it.

Brady
24th-January-2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks everybody for the congrats. We had a great time across the pond and are glad we could all represent the UK. I must say that the UK has certainly left their mark across the pond over the past 6 months with the visits by the London groups, including Paul Warden and Catriona Wiles successes at Boogie by the Bay, as well.

If anybody is planning a trip across the pond for a WCS event or wants more info about events across there, please let me know as I've got a pile of flyers about events and have several contacts throughout the US who could advise on different locations/events.

Cheers,

Brady

Brady
5th-February-2007, 09:59 PM
The evidence is now online at http://www.swingdiego.com/results2007.html! How I hate seeing myself on video, let alone knowing the rest of the world gets to see it. :what: And if anybody knows what the name/artist of the track is that I'm dancing to, I'd be interested in knowing. Didn't know it on the day and thought it may have just been the nerves, but still don't recognise it.

Be sure to check out the Champions Jack & Jill video clip (third one down). An awesome dance by Kyle Redd & Mary Ann Nunez. Note that this is not choreographed!!!!

Brady

Jennifer
5th-February-2007, 11:41 PM
if anybody knows what the name/artist of the track is that I'm dancing to, I'd be interested in knowing. Didn't know it on the day and thought it may have just been the nerves, but still don't recognise it.

Brady I think it is Fallin' For You by Heather Headley.

robd
6th-February-2007, 12:52 AM
Congratulations. Having seen Brady in action at Southport this weekend I have to say that this result doesn't surprise me at all. Wonderful musicality and he gives the appearance of someone who is dancing to show off his partners rather than himself.

Minnie M
6th-February-2007, 08:37 AM
Congratulations. Having seen Brady in action at Southport this weekend I have to say that this result doesn't surprise me at all. Wonderful musicality and he gives the appearance of someone who is dancing to show off his partners rather than himself.

:yeah: :respect: :worthy: :respect:
and what about Susan partnering Parker Dearbourne when Jessica went home :worthy: she not only looked fab and was a perfect demo - a lot of people actually thought she WAS Jessica :worthy: