PDA

View Full Version : Im So Excited.. only 8 Days to go

Trouble
22nd-January-2007, 04:42 PM
Well, i am 11 days away from breaking my virginity and trying my first weekender in a new place other than my regular Camba Sands.

I know we already have a Southport thread going about who is going and blah blah blah but what i want to know from those in the experience is the following;;;

1. Is there a shop on site
2. Is there a pool on site
3. Is there 24 hour dancing

i also wondered, seeing as somebody started the T shirt thread, who would be up for finding the funniest T shirt to wear on the first night that relates in some way to you. Is this a waste of time or can we get enough of us interested to have a laugh and compare chests.!!!!

What do you think guys/gals!!! :love: :awe: :flower:

Lynn
22nd-January-2007, 04:57 PM

1. Yes. Fairly basic, but OK for bread, milk etc.
2. Apparently - never been in it.
3. Technically possibly not - in practice yes. There may be a few hours where there isn't much happening - people need breakfast after a good night of dancing - but effectively there is music playing virtually all the time in the blues room.

Dizzy
22nd-January-2007, 05:06 PM

Basically what Lynn said.

1. The shop is for basic items only - I would do a shop before you come if you have a car to buy food but you can also eat at the restaurant on site which is not that bad. You can get things like tins, packets, milk and bread. There do not sell fresh fruit & veg so make sure you bring some.

2. There is a swimming pool but I have never personally gone into it. It is an indoor swinmming pool (thank god!!). I know that one or two forumites have gone swimming and said it was fine.

3. There is basically 24 hours dancing - especially if Trampy is on the decks!! The official finish time is 6am I believe but most of the DJ's playing the Blues room will continue past that if there are people on the dance floor. I think last Southport Trampy played until 11am before stopping for food.

David Bailey
22nd-January-2007, 05:24 PM
I know we already have a Southport thread going about who is going and blah blah blah
Which may get mysteriously merged at some point... :whistle:

Yep - think small-scale downmarket supermarket. There's a massive Asda in town tho.

Yep, nice big one too, and usually mostly empty.

TheTramp
22nd-January-2007, 05:39 PM
3. There is basically 24 hours dancing - especially if Trampy is on the decks!! The official finish time is 6am I believe but most of the DJ's playing the Blues room will continue past that if there are people on the dance floor. I think last Southport Trampy played until 11am before stopping for food.

Nope. Sheena played until about 11am (after John had gone until about 9:30). I then went and got my music, and carried on until about 12:30, when I had to go and do my scheduled slot in the main hall.

When I came out of the main hall, someone else had taken over though. Basically, I'd say yes. 24 hours. And if there isn't any music playing, feel free to throw in a few CDs yourself.... Everyone else does!

Beowulf
22nd-January-2007, 05:49 PM

Planning "Aqua-Jive" are we? :wink:

Sorry.. I know you what you meant.

Trouble
22nd-January-2007, 05:59 PM
Planning "Aqua-Jive" are we? :wink:

Sorry.. I know you what you meant.

Im planning on all sorts of things.!!!

Thanks guys, really helpful xxx

TheTramp
22nd-January-2007, 06:03 PM
Im planning on all sorts of things.!!!

Should we all be scared!?!

Double Trouble
22nd-January-2007, 06:06 PM

:rofl: I dont think you have anything to worry about tramp.

TheTramp
22nd-January-2007, 06:07 PM
:rofl: I dont think you have anything to worry about tramp.

I'm just looking forward to our second dance! :flower:

Trouble
22nd-January-2007, 06:08 PM

im planning some very special things with you trampy... :whistle: :really: :yum:

Double Trouble
22nd-January-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm just looking forward to our second dance! :flower:

Cant wait :tears:

TheTramp
22nd-January-2007, 06:16 PM
im planning some very special things with you trampy... :whistle: :really: :yum:

Yes. I was right. Time to be scared! :rolleyes:

BeccaB
22nd-January-2007, 06:50 PM
Careful tramp you'll be booking yourself up, don't start promising things you can't carry out :whistle: you'll never fit us all in!

I've been in the pool there was 6 lifguards and 3 swimmers, it's mighty cold tho till you get going, but seemed a bit dirty esp the changing rooms.

SuzyQ
22nd-January-2007, 08:54 PM
I've been in the pool ... it's mighty cold tho till you get going...

All I need to know - the swimming cossie will stay at home :)!

SuzyQ
22nd-January-2007, 08:54 PM
All I need to know - the swimming cossie will stay at home :)!

Skinny dipping anyone?!

Sheepman
22nd-January-2007, 09:00 PM
The lifeguards might disapprove...
but there's always the sea! :eek:

SuzyQ
22nd-January-2007, 09:02 PM
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!:cool:

CJ
22nd-January-2007, 09:23 PM
The lifeguards might disapprove...
but there's always the sea! :eek:

how many life guards?

If, say 30+ people decided to skinny dip at the same time what, with any real effect, could be done??

SuzyQ
22nd-January-2007, 09:26 PM
Uh oh ... think CJ was taking me seriously!!

CJ
22nd-January-2007, 09:32 PM
Uh oh ... think CJ was taking me seriously!!

How would you rather I take you??:flower:

SuzyQ
22nd-January-2007, 10:03 PM

Chokes on cup of tea!

Trouble
22nd-January-2007, 10:51 PM

he just loves getting his ring out :whistle:

stewart38
23rd-January-2007, 11:28 AM

Before or after me ? :sad:

Trouble
23rd-January-2007, 11:34 AM

after you of course Stewart.

Im even more excited as we could have snow. !! :sick:

Imagine Southport in snow. Hope your all getting your electric blankets ready.

Just out of interest and in case it does come, has anybody got a 4.x..4 i can borrow.!!! :D

David Bailey
23rd-January-2007, 11:39 AM
Why, what are you planning for Trampy?

Trouble
23rd-January-2007, 11:42 AM

good point.!!! do tell Stewart,, do tell. :wink:

TheTramp
23rd-January-2007, 11:54 AM

good point.!!! do tell Stewart,, do tell. :wink:

I'm sorry. I've just found out that I'll be washing my hair next weekend, and won't be able to make it! :what:

Lynn
23rd-January-2007, 11:58 AM
Im even more excited as we could have snow. !! :sick:

Imagine Southport in snow. Hope your all getting your electric blankets ready.
Hmm, think I might need to bring a bigger suitcase and see if I can bring my sleeping bag!

Don't fancy dragging it through snow from the train though!

But even if it snows, I don't think there would be much snow that close to the coast would there?

CJ
23rd-January-2007, 12:09 PM
he just loves getting his ring out :whistle:

I can't believe my secret is out!!!!!:angry:

I got so much more respect when people thought I used armbands..:tears:

Oh, life will never be the same again...:rolleyes:

Trouble
23rd-January-2007, 12:12 PM
Hmm, think I might need to bring a bigger suitcase and see if I can bring my sleeping bag!

Don't fancy dragging it through snow from the train though!

But even if it snows, I don't think there would be much snow that close to the coast would there?

Im sure there would be. It could be snowballs at dawn for some of us. Perhaps we could go skiing. :D looks like only England is due for some snow out of the whole planet anyway. :rolleyes:

What you need Lynn is a nice man to drag it for you or better still and more reliable, get some wheels with changeable sliders for that just snowed moment. xxxx :D

ducasi
23rd-January-2007, 02:04 PM
Yeah, looks like snow is a possibility (http://ukie.accuweather.com/ukie/forecast3.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&postalcode=PR9%200&metric=1) on Sunday night...

Assuming you're willing to believe a forecast that is looking almost two weeks in advance, that is. :)

Katie Kicks Ass
23rd-January-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm sorry. I've just found out that I'll be washing my hair next weekend, and won't be able to make it! :what:
Hair? What hair? You told me you were shaven :wink:

Double Trouble
23rd-January-2007, 02:19 PM

He's talking about the hair in his ears. Has to wash...blow dry and plait it before even thinking about leaving the house.:D

Trouble
23rd-January-2007, 03:22 PM
He's talking about the hair in his ears. Has to wash...blow dry and plait it before even thinking about leaving the house.:D

which he then double plaits with his chest hair and pubic hair. Looks like a competition donkey from the front. :D :D :love:

David Bailey
23rd-January-2007, 03:40 PM

:what: :sick: I think I'll reconsider merging this into the Southport thread, there are some things to cruel to inflict even on Under Par.

CJ
23rd-January-2007, 04:01 PM
which he then double plaits with his chest hair and pubic hair. Looks like a competition donkey from the front. :D :D :love:

Is this a "salt and pepper" coloured donkey, as his pubes are grey?!?:rofl: :rofl:

:sick: picture it, now, campers, picture it!!!!:flower:

Gav
23rd-January-2007, 04:04 PM

Is this a "salt and pepper" coloured donkey, as his pubes are grey?!?:rofl: :rofl:

:sick: picture it, now, campers, picture it!!!!:flower:

You 3 are spending altogether too much time thinking about this :sick:

TheTramp
23rd-January-2007, 05:37 PM
You 3 are spending altogether too much time thinking about this :sick:

I agree! :sick:

Jamie
23rd-January-2007, 05:54 PM
*Jamie throws up due to the overload of mental pictures ... Tramps plaits... CJ's ring... Tramp.. in general...* :sick:

Cruella
23rd-January-2007, 06:00 PM
Tramp.. in general...

:sick: (I'm sure he'd be happy with any rank)

Magic Hans
24th-January-2007, 08:13 PM
*Jamie throws up due to the overload of mental pictures ... Tramps plaits... CJ's ring... Tramp.. in general...* :sick:

... in General who ???:eek: