PDA

View Full Version : Up and coming for 07'

Amy1
18th-January-2007, 05:18 AM
For all you that don't know me I am an Aussie chick that loves to plan things ahead.... :flower: so I was wondering what is the best way to find out about what is coming up in regards to Championships events, weekenders and anything cool?

I have checked a few of the sites but I can't seem to find any calendars or any Championship dates etc... :what:

I will be in the UK from June onwards.

Would appreciate any info.

Ames :cheers:

Double Trouble
18th-January-2007, 09:29 AM
anything cool?

February....thats quite cool in this country, you might want to think about getting here before June though, or you might miss it.:flower:

David Bailey
18th-January-2007, 09:52 AM
Hi Amy

For all you that don't know me I am an Aussie chick that loves to plan things ahead.... :flower: so I was wondering what is the best way to find out about what is coming up in regards to Championships events, weekenders and anything cool?
The Ceroc Champs competition is in April, so you'll miss that:
http://www.cerocchamps.com/

Other Ceroc weekenders are listed at:
http://www.ceroc.com/escape/

Competition-wise, there's a list at:
http://www.modernjive.com/CompetitionListing.htm

Otherwise, there's a good set of weekender listings at:
http://www.salsajive.co.uk/
http://www.uk-jive.co.uk/

fletch
18th-January-2007, 09:54 AM
I have checked a few of the sites but I can't seem to find any calendars or any Championship dates etc... :what:

welcome to the forum :flower:

There is a thread running with a planner on it MickS started it, i'm no good with links sorry:sad: but most are on there :clap:

so where will you be stopping in the UK ?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I knew someone would help but DJ you havn't put the link for mickS planner

David Bailey
18th-January-2007, 10:39 AM
I knew someone would help but DJ you havn't put the link for mickS planner
OK:
"Dance Events not to miss in 2007- Year Planner" (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9999)

On the competitions front, I think the only big one afte June is the Britrock one? There's probably less competitions in the UK than in Australia.

TheTramp
18th-January-2007, 10:52 AM
OK:
"Dance Events not to miss in 2007- Year Planner" (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9999)

On the competitions front, I think the only big one afte June is the Britrock one? There's probably less competitions in the UK than in Australia.

And the LeRoc2000 event in Weston Super Mare in July. Not to mention the Scottish comp in Edinburgh in September.

Okie. Neither are as big as either Blackpool or London, but certainly on a comparable size to Britrock.

Which makes 5 comps of a size comparable with the numbers attending any of the comps in Oz (of which I think there are also 5 - 2 in Sydney, Victoria, Perth, and possibly Canberra - although I think that one is smaller. There is also Brisbane, but that's held every 2 years).

Mike Allsopp
18th-January-2007, 06:18 PM

The Midlands Ceroc 'Champs' at the Kings Hall, Stoke-on-Trent Saturday 11th November 2007

fletch
18th-January-2007, 07:14 PM
The Midlands Ceroc 'Champs' at the Kings Hall, Stoke-on-Trent Saturday 11th November 2007

I might do dance with a stranger on this one :what: can I arrange to get MikeR he wone the last one :drool: :worthy:

WittyBird
18th-January-2007, 07:32 PM

Can I use the same calender you? Then I can have my birthday on the Saturday again :rolleyes:

Achaeco
18th-January-2007, 11:04 PM

www.achance2dance.co.uk

Not to be missed. Its the best UK comp in the country

Mike Allsopp
19th-January-2007, 02:37 AM

Oh, and the 'Hafan' Weekender in Pwllheli June 22-25 (bookings online now -www.cerocmidlands.co.uk/hafan.htm)

Mike Allsopp
19th-January-2007, 02:43 AM
Can I use the same calender you? Then I can have my birthday on the Saturday again :rolleyes:

Yep, you're right.....10th November 2007 - that could've cost a lot in re-prints!! (Tired boy!)

Thanks W.B

TheTramp
19th-January-2007, 03:04 AM
www.achance2dance.co.uk

Maybe.

However, it is also after June. Or are they thinking of moving it?

Or are you thinking ahead to 2008 already? :what:

Sheepman
19th-January-2007, 04:07 AM
However, it is also after June.
Hmm, unusual calender you use Steve, March comes after June? :whistle:

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Greg

TheTramp
19th-January-2007, 04:55 AM
Hmm, unusual calender you use Steve, March comes after June? :whistle:

You knew what I meant. I must stop posting so late at night! :tears:

fletch
19th-January-2007, 09:15 AM
the 't' might be on i'll ask Steve, Sunday will be fine if your in the Midlands for the weekend, I hope there will be a venue on the Friday we can all go to, Mike what do you think ? :flower: any plans for the 10th ?

www.achance2dance.co.uk

I need to sort this out :blush: carn't remember the B & B I stoped at last time, it was it had the 3 'c's' Clean, Cheep, Close I will ask OXO'S, I loved it

Oh, and the 'Hafan' Weekender in Pwllheli June 22-25 (bookings online now -www.cerocmidlands.co.uk/hafan.htm)

booked it yesterday

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

£39

Achaeco
19th-January-2007, 04:35 PM
Maybe.

However, it is also after June. Or are they thinking of moving it?

Or are you thinking ahead to 2008 already? :what:

Trampy Trampy Trampy

Have you looked at our site?
It clearly states the date for the 2007 comp will be 16 / 17 Match.

If your planning on going i would get in sharpish.

www.achance2dance.co.uk

David Bailey
19th-January-2007, 04:52 PM
Trampy Trampy Trampy

Have you looked at our site?
It clearly states the date for the 2007 comp will be 16 / 17 Match.

Achaeco Achaeco Achaeco - hmmmm that doesn't really roll off the tongue does it?

Anyway, what Trampy meant was that as the thread starter wouldn't be here till June, March would be too early, so it's not given as an option.

You need to learn to read Trampese :)

Achaeco
19th-January-2007, 05:00 PM
Achaeco Achaeco Achaeco - hmmmm that doesn't really roll off the tongue does it?

Anyway, what Trampy meant was that as the thread starter wouldn't be here till June, March would be too early, so it's not given as an option.

You need to learn to read Trampese :)

Your right, it doesnt.
And sorry tramp, i thought you had a really old calendar:blush:

TheTramp
19th-January-2007, 05:24 PM
Your right, it doesnt.
And sorry tramp, i thought you had a really old calendar:blush:

Heh. Nope. Sorry. It was very late when I was writing it! :yum:

Amy1
22nd-January-2007, 02:29 AM
Thanks everyone, the info is very helpful. :hug:

It seems as though there a enough competitions to keep Pete and I busy, we try to compete at every comp on the Eastern side of Australia, as Trampy would already know....:respect:

I don't think I can make the one in Blackpool... :sad: which is a big shame as I am sure my Grandma used to dance there... I am so sentimental sometimes :blush: but there is always 2008.

And in regards to your question Fletch we will be staying in Central London for the first 2-3 weeks (West End), and during that time we will be looking to for an apartment, or shared living close to the area. So if anyone knows of anyone that has a spare room to rent, or any somewhere we could pay and stay for a couple of weeks that would be fantastic!

So far we are looking at having to pay $85 pounds a night for accommodation.... That quite a few Aussie Dollars... :eek:

Thanks again!

Ames :hug: