PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday night review - Ceroc Putney

Paul F
17th-January-2007, 02:05 PM
I did look for the thread "Feedback on club nights" to add this to but I couldnt find it and the search was taking ages...so....

I wanted to mention my appreciation for the Ceroc night I went to last night in Putney.
It's been a while since I have been to a class night so last night served as a real refresher as to how enjoyable a Ceroc class is.

I thought the teacher, Tim, was an absolute legend. Really enthusiastic and made everything so lighthearted. The epitomy of what I believe a Ceroc teacher should be. Kudos to that man.
As always, everyone was really friendly with a good range of ability and ages in attendance.

It was very busy too :nice:

All in all a classic example of why everyone should attend a Ceroc night.

robd
17th-January-2007, 02:16 PM
I went to Peterborugh Ceroc last night. First time I have been back in a while since moving house early last year (though I was more of a regular on Thursdays then anyway). Nice to see lots of familiar faces still there and some fun dances in the freestyle with a range of abilities. Teacher was Kirsty who I believe taught there for quite some time then took a break to go travelling before returning again last year hence it was the first time I had been at one of her classes. Intermediate class was interesting though the archiespin was a travelling one which I think is harder to lead than one which sees both partners staying on the same side which they started. I had a number of fab dances with the teacher including a nice basic WCS/Jive mix up. I was close to death by musicality but managed to pull through :blush: It was a good night and I am pleased I made the effort to drive a bit further than usual on a weeknight. Only downside was a car being broken in to in the retail park where many people park. Apparently the same happened last week. Difficult to know what to say other than reminding people not to have anything on show in your vehicle when you leave it.

Robert

Twirly
17th-January-2007, 02:25 PM
I thought the teacher, Tim, was an absolute legend. Really enthusiastic and made everything so lighthearted. The epitomy of what I believe a Ceroc teacher should be. Kudos to that man.

:yeah:

I first came across Tim at a workshop (intermediate 2 I think) which was absolutely wonderful (and even better as the lovely Tessalicious was demoing and giving the follow's lots of tips). :nice:

Second time was at Bliss in a musicality workshop which was also great fun (and was most surprised that he remembered me). Went up to say hi and thank you to him afterwards, and told him how much I'd enjoyed the workshop... turned around to to find Mike Ellard standing behind me! :blush: :D

I went to East Putney just before Christmas, but unfortunately he was off sick (funnily enough, my usual teacher from Clapham was covering), but having found out that is where he teaches regularly, I'll be going back sometime although it's a bit of a trek - his passion and enthusiasm are highly infectious.