PDA

View Full Version : B.f.g. 2007 - Blaze II: 26th - 29th October -Ceroc Scotland's 15th Anniversary!

robd
16th-January-2007, 04:40 PM
Is there a date in mind yet for B.F.G. 2007 (assuming there is going to be one) ? And where is it likely to be held? Wouldn't wish to get double booked :grin:

Robert

Yliander
16th-January-2007, 08:03 PM
Is there a date in mind yet for B.F.G. 2007 (assuming there is going to be one) ? And where is it likely to be held? Wouldn't wish to get double booked :grin:

RobertOh pretty please let there be one!!!!:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

ducasi
16th-January-2007, 08:55 PM
I understood it was to be part of Blaze, but I might be mistaken...

Lynn
16th-January-2007, 10:05 PM
I understood it was to be part of Blaze, but I might be mistaken...Sounds like a good idea. :D

Icey
16th-January-2007, 10:09 PM
I understood it was to be part of Blaze, but I might be mistaken...

Ohhhh, Not Fair. Harumpf. :tears: :tears:

Yliander
16th-January-2007, 11:23 PM
I understood it was to be part of Blaze, but I might be mistaken...damn!! :tears: can't go to blaze as already having a week and a half off in May for my sisters wedding

Franck
17th-January-2007, 02:06 AM
Is there a date in mind yet for B.F.G. 2007 (assuming there is going to be one) ? And where is it likely to be held? Wouldn't wish to get double booked :grin: The current plan is to have the BFG in October 2007, hopefully to coincide with Blaze II.
The date has now been changed to the 26th to the 29th October to avoid a clash with The Ceroc Blues Week-ender (Breeze 07) and I have a top West Coast Swing teacher booked (someone who's never taught in the UK). :waycool:

cms
17th-January-2007, 05:10 AM
The current plan is to have the BFG in October 2007, hopefully to coincide with Blaze II.
The date has now been changed to the 26th to the 29th October to avoid a clash with The Ceroc Blues Week-ender (Breeze 07) and I have a top West Coast Swing teacher booked (someone who's never taught in the UK). :waycool:

yay!il be home for that!!!!!! make sure people remember to book my place!!!

C x

Minnie M
17th-January-2007, 08:28 AM
The current plan is to have the BFG in October 2007, hopefully to coincide with Blaze II.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

drathzel
17th-January-2007, 12:08 PM
when is the booking opening? is that the same weekend as breeze? damn i have stuff on that weekend i think:sad:

Lynn
17th-January-2007, 12:23 PM
when is the booking opening? is that the same weekend as breeze? damn i have stuff on that weekend i think:sad:Don't know, as no details for Breeze 07 on the website (I was sure there was with info the other day, including changes for this year eg using an extra room, but just followed link above and get 2006 details?). But it will probably be the week before.

Sheepman
17th-January-2007, 12:32 PM
damn i have stuff on that weekend i think:sad: It seems it's impossible to avoid the clashes nowadays :tears: I think Britroc is on that weekend, and I've heard of plans for a bluesy weekender.

Greg

drathzel
17th-January-2007, 01:03 PM
i thought i had gotten the dates somewhere for breeze being that weekend...ah well:tears:

Lynn
17th-January-2007, 01:43 PM
i thought i had gotten the dates somewhere for breeze being that weekend...ah well:tears:Hang on, just remembered where I'd read about Breeze - there was an email earlier this week. Can't check it just now though.

Twirly
17th-January-2007, 01:55 PM
Hang on, just remembered where I'd read about Breeze - there was an email earlier this week. Can't check it just now though.

You mean this:

BREEZE 12th Oct 07 3 nights

Pontins, Brean Sands, Somerset

*snip*

LilyB
17th-January-2007, 02:12 PM
The date is 12th to the 15th October and I have a top West Coast Swing teacher booked (someone who's never taught in the UK). :waycool:

Ooooh, David & I just might have to be there. Can't miss out on this very special guest. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

What a great idea to have the BFG 2007 at the same time too! Franck, you're a star:respect: :cheers: .

Lynn
17th-January-2007, 02:15 PM
Thanks Twirly, that's the one. And Drathzel is correct, they are the same weekend.

robd
17th-January-2007, 02:26 PM
Aaarggh! Two Ceroc weekenders on the same weekend :sad: I thought last year's Bliss/Breeze proximity was bad but this is worse. I know they are at pretty much opposite ends of the country but I'd guess there's still a fair number of people, like myself, who'd like to attend both (esp. as Breeze looks like it might have a strong Blues focus to it judging by the email last week).

drathzel
17th-January-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks Twirly, that's the one. And Drathzel is correct, they are the same weekend.

i was also thinking of runningn something that weekend myself but i havent booked the venue yet so it could be changed. i dont want to clash with 2 weekenders

CJ
17th-January-2007, 02:54 PM

Well...

If Ceroc is the competition to, erm, Ceroc... then can Ceroc DJ's and teachers work them? And if so, which one should, or will they be allowed to, they work at??:confused:

Caro
17th-January-2007, 04:49 PM
The date is 12th to the 15th October and I have a top West Coast Swing teacher booked (someone who's never taught in the UK). :waycool:

Can't miss out on this very special guest. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Pleeeease enlighten us!!! That suspense is unbearable!!!! :tears:

Yliander
17th-January-2007, 05:19 PM
yay!il be home for that!!!!!! make sure people remember to book my place!!!

C x:tears: :tears: I'm supposed to be homeward bound by then

drathzel
18th-January-2007, 03:22 AM
:tears: :tears: I'm supposed to be homeward bound by then

supposed???? you mean you might stay?:clap:

Icey
20th-January-2007, 07:48 PM

Woo Hoo!!! :clap:

when is the booking opening?

:yeah: When can we book? Are we nearly there yet? Huh? please? Soon?

Franck
6th-February-2007, 03:01 PM
Aaarggh! Two Ceroc weekenders on the same weekendWell, fear not, I was thankfully able to re-organise my dates, so the date for Blaze II (incorporating the BFG 2007) has now been changed to the 26th to the 29th October to avoid a clash with The Ceroc Blues Week-ender (Breeze 07).

Once I have confirmed details, teachers and DJs for Blaze May 2007 (Still time to book!) (http://ceroc.com/blaze/), I'll get onto setting up the booking system for Blaze II October - BFG 2007.

robd
6th-February-2007, 03:32 PM
Well, fear not, I was thankfully able to re-organise my dates, so the date for Blaze II (incorporating the BFG 2007) has now been changed to the 26th to the 29th October to avoid a clash with The Ceroc Blues Week-ender (Breeze 07).

Franck, you're a star :clap:

Beowulf
6th-February-2007, 03:45 PM
Franck, you're a star :clap:

:yeah:

HOPEFULLY (I've had enough advance warning) I .. I mean.. We could make this one :)

Sheepman
6th-February-2007, 04:21 PM
We could make this one :) I can't, :sad: already booked up for that weekend.

Greg

Twirly
6th-February-2007, 05:10 PM

HOPEFULLY (I've had enough advance warning) I .. I mean.. We could make this one :)

Yup :D :clap:

Gadget
7th-February-2007, 01:20 PM
Well, fear not, I was thankfully able to re-organise my dates, so the date for Blaze II (incorporating the BFG 2007) has now been changed to the 26th to the 29th October to avoid a clash with The Ceroc Blues Week-ender (Breeze 07).

Once I have confirmed details, teachers and DJs for Blaze May 2007 (Still time to book!) (http://ceroc.com/blaze/), I'll get onto setting up the booking system for Blaze II October - BFG 2007.
Is this going to be a full weekender thing where you have to stay on-site? or more of a 'weekend of events & partys' where accomodation is up to the individual {with special 'Sheena' rates somewhere :wink:} ?

And will it be at Ayr again?

Franck
7th-February-2007, 01:27 PM
Is this going to be a full weekender thing where you have to stay on-site? or more of a 'weekend of events & partys' where accomodation is up to the individual {with special 'Sheena' rates somewhere :wink:} ?

And will it be at Ayr again?It will be in Ayr's beautiful Haven resort of Craig Tara, same as the May week-ender.

The focus will be different though as I am planning to make it a BFG as well as celebrating Ceroc Scotland's 15th Birthday! :clap: :waycool:

drathzel
7th-February-2007, 06:36 PM

phew thank goodness.

*ponders whether she can get as many ni people across as may...oh am i setting myself a challenge*

Icey
11th-February-2007, 10:03 PM
It will be in Ayr's beautiful Haven resort of Craig Tara

Which airport is closest?

Tiggerbabe
11th-February-2007, 10:26 PM
Glasgow Prestwick :)

Caro
8th-April-2007, 11:46 PM
So... with less than a month to go now (:clap: ), any chance to get the full teachers line-up for this yet? :D

And while you're at it, Mr and Mrs King and Queen of the forum, why not announcing who's that WCS teacher you're bringing in for Blaze II :whistle: ?

come on, you know you want to...

Mezzosoprano
9th-April-2007, 08:04 PM
Hiya

Are you going to let women minus partners book (as in dance partners) Can't go to Blaze in May and anyway... I couldn't find a man! But I really, really, pretty pretty please want to go in October so do I have to find a man?!?! 'cos I've already got one and he doesn't dance.....

Tiggerbabe
9th-April-2007, 08:46 PM
Are you going to let women minus partners book.
There are always places for "single" women, only thing is you have to get in there smartish, as these are the places which sell out first. :)

TheTramp
9th-April-2007, 08:58 PM
Are you going to let women minus partners book (as in dance partners) Can't go to Blaze in May and anyway... I couldn't find a man! But I really, really, pretty pretty please want to go in October so do I have to find a man?!?! 'cos I've already got one and he doesn't dance.....

You could always get him to come for a weekend away. He can just have a drink and watch the dancing and chill out (I believe that there other activities going on as well).

You never know, you might get him interested! :rolleyes:

DavidY
6th-May-2007, 12:25 PM
When can we book? Are we nearly there yet? Huh? please? Soon?:yeah:
I know Blaze I hasn't quite happened yet - and I'm sure you'll all have a fab time without me :tears: - but when can we book for Blaze II?

Tiggerbabe
6th-May-2007, 12:51 PM
but when can we book for Blaze II?
We'll be taking bookings for Blaze II at Blaze I, sorry David :hug: The booking website should be up and running shortly after :)

Beowulf
10th-May-2007, 09:43 AM
We'll be taking bookings for Blaze II at Blaze I

:mad:

Sorry , that's a little off IMHO. I didn't book early enough for Blaze I to get cheap tickets, Twirly and I decided to go instead (hopefully) to Blaze II and the BFG. However, if everyone (or a large number thereof) who is at Blaze I is going to be jumping the queue for Blaze II tickets doesn't it just mean that all the cheaper tickets are going to be gone before the website opens??

doesn't it just boil down to one price for the "regulars" and another for the other ordinary mugs? :rolleyes:

Yliander
10th-May-2007, 10:23 AM
:mad:

Sorry , that's a little off IMHO. I didn't book early enough for Blaze I to get cheap tickets, Twirly and I decided to go instead (hopefully) to Blaze II and the BFG. However, if everyone (or a large number thereof) who is at Blaze I is going to be jumping the queue for Blaze II tickets doesn't it just mean that all the cheaper tickets are going to be gone before the website opens??

doesn't it just boil down to one price for the "regulars" and another for the other ordinary mugs? :rolleyes:
just get organised and get someone who is at blaze 1 to include you in their booking for blaze 2 :wink:

TheTramp
10th-May-2007, 10:24 AM
Sorry Beo....

But I disagree. It's not unheard of for companies to reward existing customers by offering them first bite of the cherry at promotions etc.

There's nothing stopping you speaking nicely to someone who is going of course, and arranging for them to try to get you a cheaper place for Blaze II.

Franck
10th-May-2007, 10:31 AM
However, if everyone (or a large number thereof) who is at Blaze I is going to be jumping the queue for Blaze II tickets doesn't it just mean that all the cheaper tickets are going to be gone before the website opens??That is not the case. When the online booking opens, Early Bird Prices will be available (until August) at very good value.

I decided however to reward everyone who supported the first Blaze week-ender by offering them the chance to pay a deposit (to guarantee their place) as well as a further 'onsite' discount. This to me is very important, as without everyone who booked for our first ever week-ender, there wouldn't have been one and I am grateful that so many people are coming to Ayr this week-end.

It's not too late for you to come to Blaze (as I noticed Johnthehappyguy was selling male ticket for £29.00) and a few people are coming down from Aberdeen!

DavidY
10th-May-2007, 10:48 AM
That is not the case. When the online booking opens, Early Bird Prices will be available (until August) at very good value.
I agree with Trampy - having a discount for existing customers isn't unusual - for instance if you go to Southport you can get a discount on the next one.

But as one who can't go to Blaze (due to other commitments) I think I share Beo's worry that the cheap tickets will sell out - for instance I noticed the £29 female SWAS tickets at Bliss seemed to have sold out before the Bliss website was even publicly linked from anywhere else.

Lynn
10th-May-2007, 12:21 PM
I agree with Trampy - having a discount for existing customers isn't unusual - for instance if you go to Southport you can get a discount on the next one. :yeah: Rewarding existing customers is good. As long as it isn't announced at a class the next week 'hurry up, almost half the tickets are sold, book now' when regular booking isn't actually open yet. But of course that could never happen... :whistle: :devil:

But as one who can't go to Blaze (due to other commitments) I think I share Beo's worry that the cheap tickets will sell out - for instance I noticed the £29 female SWAS tickets at Bliss seemed to have sold out before the Bliss website was even publicly linked from anywhere else.It is starting feel a bit like you have to be 'in the know' to hear about the cheap tickets before they are all gone. I've been quick enough to get them in the past because I knew exactly what day bookings were opening as it was clearly stated on the website and checked the site regularly on that day. Does that still happen?

purplehyacinth
10th-May-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm afraid I agree with the tone of Beo's post. When I first heard about Blaze I was a newbie and didn't feel confident enough to go to a weekender. By the time I had danced enough to feel confident enough, and feel that I knew enough people that I wouldn't have to spend the weekend sitting in the corner as a norma-no-mates and was at the point of considering it seriously, work commitments either side of the weekend (and now during the weekend also) meant that it was no longer practical in terms of geography and logistics. However, I do want to go to Blaze II.

While I appreciate Franck's point about rewarding the loyalty of those who went to Blaze 1 and helped get the "Scottish Weekender" concept off the ground, it would be nice to be reassured that there will be a sufficient number of cheap and reasonably-priced tickets for those who for whatever reason were unable to go to Blaze 1 but nevertheless are sufficiently committed to want to support Blaze II, and that they won't all be sold out by the end of this weekend to people who were fortunate enough to be able to go to Blaze 1 - especially for the ladies, who always seem to have to be the people going around begging to find men to book with when the "gender balancing" means that they can't book independently.

Mezzosoprano
10th-May-2007, 10:00 PM
:yeah: :yeah: What she said!! Bang on the Nail Purpleheather... exactly what I felt myself..

drathzel
11th-May-2007, 04:56 AM
While I appreciate Franck's point about rewarding the loyalty of those who went to Blaze 1 and helped get the "Scottish Weekender" concept off the ground, it would be nice to be reassured that there will be a sufficient number of cheap and reasonably-priced tickets for those who for whatever reason were unable to go to Blaze 1 but nevertheless are sufficiently committed to want to support Blaze II, and that they won't all be sold out by the end of this weekend to people who were fortunate enough to be able to go to Blaze 1 - especially for the ladies, who always seem to have to be the people going around begging to find men to book with when the "gender balancing" means that they can't book independently.

The number of early bird tickets is not set but the date you can purchase them in is. So as long as you book before august you should be fine.

Not to start a rucuss but when other weekend events do this for the people at their weekenders, no one kicks up a fuss!

about gender balancing well..... see Here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/chit-chat/12366-why-do-women-still-choose-non-gender-balanced-weekenders.html)
here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/chit-chat/11638-gender-equilibirum-theory.html)
here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/lets-talk-about-dance/10481-gender-balance-word-ceroc-hq.html)
here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/lets-talk-about-dance/7391-automatic-gender-balancing.html)
and here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/lets-talk-about-dance/7377-gender-control-ticketed-events-legal.html)

personally i would rather attend a gender balanced event so i have a chance to get a dance rather that fighting over the few men that are there.

Lynn
11th-May-2007, 07:41 AM
The number of early bird tickets is not set but the date you can purchase them in is. So as long as you book before august you should be fine. Is that different from the other Ceroc weekenders then? The £29 SWAS tickets usually sell in a few minutes! (The female ones at least!)

Not to start a rucuss but when other weekend events do this for the people at their weekenders, no one kicks up a fuss! There is a difference between discount being offered to customers who are on the weekend and not allowing those who aren't on the weekender to book until after the event has already been partly sold.

If you're talking about the likes of Southport, then yes, if you booked for June at the Feb weekender you could get a discount, but you could also book for the June weekender well before that - ie the discount applies to those who are existing customers who are already on weekenders but the booking is open to everyone at the same time. So people who couldn't book for June for whatever reason eg all the ladies places were sold, could go ahead and book for September months ago - I think that's what people who weren't able to go to Blaze I want to do for Blaze II.

personally i would rather attend a gender balanced event so i have a chance to get a dance rather that fighting over the few men that are there.Definitely - but I don't think gender balancing is the issue here as such - more I think a few ladies are a bit concerned that they won't be able to book on their own, or in a group of females when the booking opens after Blaze I. I'm sure that won't be the case though, as plenty of men will also be booking again at Blaze I.

purplehyacinth
12th-May-2007, 12:14 PM
There is a difference between discount being offered to customers who are on the weekend and not allowing those who aren't on the weekender to book until after the event has already been partly sold.

Yup!

If you're talking about the likes of Southport, then yes, if you booked for June at the Feb weekender you could get a discount, but you could also book for the June weekender well before that - ie the discount applies to those who are existing customers who are already on weekenders but the booking is open to everyone at the same time. So people who couldn't book for June for whatever reason eg all the ladies places were sold, could go ahead and book for September months ago - I think that's what people who weren't able to go to Blaze I want to do for Blaze II.

:yeah: Too right! That is exactly what we're wanting to do. I've been sitting watching the internet for weeks waiting for BlazeII booking to open.

{snip}..... more I think a few ladies are a bit concerned that they won't be able to book on their own, or in a group of females when the booking opens after Blaze I.

Again, you have hit the nail exactly on the head. That is the precise concern.

drathzel
15th-May-2007, 03:18 PM
Bring it on!!!

So who is going?:clap:

Keefy
15th-May-2007, 03:27 PM
I intend going but I've come across a minor technical hitch - I can get there but I can't (yet) get back :cool: The weekend sits right on the break between the Eire O'Flot (aka Ryanair) summer and winter schedule, there's flights on the web up until the Saturday to PIK but I can't get home again! The winter schedule is normally published late June IIRC, failing that it's going to be a long walk with already sore feet :grin:

Beowulf
15th-May-2007, 03:28 PM

I am not going :blush:

I though I was.. then looked at it objectively. With my significant-other going to another weekender close to that one, and me being financially crippled at the moment (as well as being ,currently, physically crippled.. I really ought to make an appointment with the physio ) I've decided against this one .. this time.

besides.. its October... in Scotland.. near the shore !! do the words 'brass' and 'monkey' conjure up any images? :wink:

I may get to my first weekender in the new year..

drathzel
15th-May-2007, 03:30 PM
I am going to breeze and am getting sorted to book for blaze II and they are only 2 weeks apart! Woohoo!

Yliander
15th-May-2007, 03:39 PM
Bring it on!!!

Me!!!:clap: Me!!!:clap: Me!!!:clap: Me!!!:clap:

Wuzzle
15th-May-2007, 03:41 PM
Bring it on!!!

I and my room signed up on Sunday, blaze was fantastic amounts of fun. Shame i missed your class. The routine looks fun on the dvd. :nice:

Promise to smile next dance. :flower: Once i find the courage to ask.. :blush:

I've got a few months to learn how to dance blues properly. Wheres a workshop when you need one. :whistle:

Roll on Blaze 2............... :clap:

drathzel
15th-May-2007, 03:44 PM
Shame i missed your class. The routine looks fun on the dvd. :nice:

Promise to smile next dance. :flower: Once i find the courage to ask.. :blush:

Roll on Blaze 2............... :clap:

It was fun to teach

You asked me twice already no courage needed now!

Tiggerbabe
15th-May-2007, 03:55 PM
Bring it on!!!

Me :wink: and Breeze, it's going to be a fab October! :clap:

Wuzzle
15th-May-2007, 04:04 PM
It was fun to teach

You asked me twice already no courage needed now!

Courage is always needed when the dancer is infinately better than you. :respect: though beer can help to.

Just have to balance between the the two. :whistle:

So when do we know whos going to be teaching?

drathzel
15th-May-2007, 05:34 PM
Courage is always needed when the dancer is infinately better than you. :respect: though beer can help to.

Just have to balance between the the two. :whistle:

So when do we know whos going to be teaching?

:rofl: You are a lovely dancer or was it th beer making you dance

Wuzzle
15th-May-2007, 11:50 PM
:rofl: You are a lovely dancer or was it th beer making you dance

Actual the secret ingredient was Guinness :whistle: maybe Sprite 3G or perhaps the proplus helped.

Not sure but i was having so much fun by then. Decent tunes and a fantastic follower :worthy: make for great fun on the dance floor.

When does the stuff on Blaze 2 come out?

drathzel
16th-May-2007, 12:02 AM
Actual the secret ingredient was Guinness :whistle: maybe Sprite 3G or perhaps the proplus helped.

Not sure but i was having so much fun by then. Decent tunes and a fantastic follower :worthy: make for great fun on the dance floor.

When does the stuff on Blaze 2 come out?

your just after rep now arent you!

Wuzzle
16th-May-2007, 12:47 AM
your just after rep now arent you!

Nah its always nice to dance with someone whos of a higher calibre. Think that would of been many dances that weekend.

Though i should admit here that I've done my fair share of running away. :eek: Its not always easy to ask someone who makes you think gee i've just learnt to walk. Or crawl in my case. :innocent:

Perhap i'll be walking by Blaze 2 who knows. :cheers:

Spartak Lad
17th-May-2007, 03:23 AM
Wuzzle the day I see you running away from a dance I will eat my jazz trainers.

Wuzzle
17th-May-2007, 08:36 AM
Wuzzle the day I see you running away from a dance I will eat my jazz trainers.

Shouldn't that be the day I run away from a dance is the day you buy Jazz Trainners? :yum:

Anyway Blaze 2 shall be different. I'll be a little more confident in asking. It took me ages to ask some wonderful dancers :flower: to dance with me.

Even went back for seconds but that took a while. :( Still well worth the effort. :respect:

Blaze 2 I'll try and dance more if its possible. :clap: Who knows might go back for thirds. That would be :waycool:

Was thinking of buying a Go-Ped for it. What you reckon?

Franck
17th-May-2007, 11:23 AM
Pleeeease enlighten us!!! That suspense is unbearable!!!! :tears:I can now confirm that for our 15th Anniversary, BFG 2007, BLAZE II we will have a spectacular line-up of teachers!

Our International WCS Teaching Couple are: Michael Kielbasa and Jennifer DeLuca - You can watch their incredible routine to 'Din Da Da' on this YouTube link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fXulOk14D4). I am really looking forward to learning some funky patterns, syncopations, slides etc... BLAZE II will make sure that West Coast Swing fans will have plenty to sink their teeth into! :D

I'm also re-booking some teachers from BLAZE I, as well as new teachers with new, innovative ideas...

Keep this fire burning!

drathzel
17th-May-2007, 11:30 AM
I can now confirm that for our 15th Anniversary, BFG 2007, BLAZE II we will have a spectacular line-up of teachers!

Our International WCS Teaching Couple are: Michael Kielbasa and Jennifer DeLuca - You can watch their incredible routine to 'Din Da Da' on this YouTube link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fXulOk14D4). I am really looking forward to learning some funky patterns, syncopations, slides etc... BLAZE II will make sure that West Coast Swing fans will have plenty to sink their teeth into! :D

Wow, i'll def be there now! (not that there was any question)

Paul F
17th-May-2007, 11:37 AM
Oh my word. Im tempted. VERY tempted.

:sick:

Yliander
17th-May-2007, 11:43 AM

:sick:go on give in to the temptation - you know you want to :wink: :devil:

Wuzzle
17th-May-2007, 11:48 AM
Sadly to say work banned the use of U Tube :tears: but hey am sure they are great i'll take a peek when i get home.
Will of hopefully done another 4 sweet WCS workshops :clap: before Blaze 2 so these teachers will be like the icing on the cake.

:cheers: for the info :nice:

Paul F
17th-May-2007, 11:54 AM
go on give in to the temptation - you know you want to :wink: :devil:

Hmmm. It falls a good 3 weeks after that months trip to the US so its definately do-able.

Need to make a firm and definate decision when exactly to start sitting on the fence

:nice:

Caro
17th-May-2007, 11:57 AM
Our International WCS Teaching Couple are: Michael Kielbasa and Jennifer DeLuca

you know how to talk to me :respect:

I love that routine - I'm in :D

Now I just need to find out who will keep me warm in the caravan... :whistle:

Simon r
17th-May-2007, 12:06 PM
I can now confirm that for our 15th Anniversary, BFG 2007, BLAZE II we will have a spectacular line-up of teachers!

I'm also re-booking some teachers from BLAZE I, as well as new teachers with new, innovative ideas...

Keep this fire burning!

These guys have been on our favorites for ages this is a fantastic routine, very musical and fantastic shapes.

The thing is Nicole is already swooning over Ben, Jordan and Amir do i really want to expose her to Michael Kielbasa.

:tears:

Caro
17th-May-2007, 12:10 PM
The thing is Nicole is already swooning over Ben, Jordan and Amir do i really want to expose her to Michael Kielbasa.

:tears:

Like you were not swooning over Carla at all this week-end...:rofl: and I'd bet Tatiana wouldn't go unnoticed either... :wink:

Russell Saxby
17th-May-2007, 12:13 PM
Our International WCS Teaching Couple are: Michael Kielbasa and Jennifer DeLuca

Awesome..... best start learning some beginner WCS.

Simon r
17th-May-2007, 12:22 PM
Like you were not swooning over Carla at all this week-end...:rofl: and I'd bet Tatiana wouldn't go unnoticed either... :wink:

well ok that's true, I must admit all credit to Jamie he just get's up and grabs a dance as soon as he meets them it took me the whole weekend to work up the courage,

Carla was lovely, so responsive to the smallest lead and showed no fear, in fact almost leading massive dips and turns.... caught me by surprise a couple of times. What a pocket rocket though you just wind her up and let her go with grace and lovely musicality.

Very different from Tatiana style wise but both very enjoyable.

I think the big difference is that after these dances I did not go up to Nicole saying I danced with …….. nah,nah,nah,nah nahhhhh

drathzel
17th-May-2007, 12:31 PM
I think the big difference is that after these dances I did not go up to Nicole saying I danced with …….. nah,nah,nah,nah nahhhhh

:rofl: i think its a woman thing! Though not that i would ever do such a thing!:innocent:

*bribes will be given for people to keep quiet!*

Lory
17th-May-2007, 03:40 PM

No, you just sat there with a silly grin on your face! :wink:

FoxyFunkster
17th-May-2007, 04:03 PM
Our International WCS Teaching Couple are: Michael Kielbasa and Jennifer DeLuca - You can watch their incredible routine to 'Din Da Da' on this YouTube link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fXulOk14D4).

That was friggin awesome......i`m coming for sure if only to learn how to spin a follower by her elbow! you know what i love about all this dancin malarkey that we all moan about.....i love the fact that the boundaries are constantly being pushed and pushed and the standards are rising all the time....watching an awesome couple like this truly inspires people IMHO....more more more please :respect:

TheTramp
17th-May-2007, 04:13 PM
Our International WCS Teaching Couple are: Michael Kielbasa and Jennifer DeLuca - You can watch their incredible routine to 'Din Da Da' on this YouTube link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fXulOk14D4).

That was friggin awesome......

Oh. They're okie. I much prefer to watch <this space for rent> though.... :wink:

Dizzy
17th-May-2007, 04:31 PM
How come everything good seems to be happening in september/october?? :what: :tears:

*Goes away to start saving pennies*

Rhythm King
17th-May-2007, 05:46 PM
I was away for Blaze 1 and am currently scheduled to miss Blaze II by 2 days :rolleyes: . I shall try and negotiate an early return, so I can come.:yum:

whitetiger1518
18th-May-2007, 12:43 PM
Hurry up Monday! the waiting is driving me insane... I need to check my holiday entitlement - but if I have enough days spare, then the Ice Caps Melting Totally :really: wont stop me getting there - Whatever the weather!!

An impatient Whitetiger

Tiggerbabe
18th-May-2007, 09:30 PM
I've now e-mailed everyone who booked for Blaze II last weekend. If you haven't received this e-mail, please check your junk folder :D

ShinyWeeStar
18th-May-2007, 10:10 PM
:respect: WOW! I've had their routine on my bebo page for ages - I LOVE IT! :D

:worthy: Franck. I've been swithering about Blaze II but now...

:sick:

Now I just need to find out who will keep me warm in the caravan... :whistle:
:yeah: ... or failing that, at least book one of the ones with heating throughout this time! :wink:

Beowulf
21st-May-2007, 09:21 AM
I mean.. We could make this one :)

Yup :D :clap:

Erm.. Nope !! Mind you , not so disappointed after reading this.

BLAZE II will make sure that West Coast Swing fans will have plenty to sink their teeth into! :D

I don't know WCS nor do I want to confuse myself with something else , I might make the next BFG in 2008.. or 2009.. or 2010.. or.. .. .. ..

Franck
21st-May-2007, 10:47 AM
I don't know WCS nor do I want to confuse myself with something elseAs the US champions visiting for Blaze II are WCS experts, most of their classes will be based around WCS though they will teach musicality, styling for men / women, footwork, syncopations and slides which can be applied to any dance style.
We will also have a wide range of teachers from Beginner level to experienced to improve all aspects or your Modern Jive. Amir will be back, Russell Saxby, Marc Forster, as well as Lorna, Mairi, Emma, Lisa, Steve and myself from Scotland and many more to be announced shortly...

The idea for Blaze II is to have a balanced week-end with a variety of styles and opportunities to improve and be inspired for everyone.

I'll make sure that class levels are even clearer than last time too, so that everyone can benefit from the classes they attend. I'm sorry you and Twirly won't be making it this time, especially as either of you might have received a BFG award! :wink:

Which reminds me, as this is our 15th anniversary in Scotland and the Big Forum Gathering, I'd like to have many special awards, so we should get voting soon! :clap:

Beowulf
21st-May-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm sorry you and Twirly won't be making it this time, especially as either of you might have received a BFG award! :wink:

hehe.. what "Most sickeningly luvvie duvvies?" :awe: :rofl:

drathzel
21st-May-2007, 12:57 PM
so when does the booking open??? I want to get booked on before my money runs out!

Anyone want to share with a little d? Not a budget caravan?

P.S can we also have lots of time for the voting this year. I remember not having long last time!

Franck
21st-May-2007, 01:22 PM
so when does the booking open??? I want to get booked on before my money runs out!The booking system should be live on Wednesday 23rd May... I'm setting up the details as we speak!
We have already had a lot of repeat bookings, so BLAZE II looks great already... It would be fantastic if as many dancers from all over the UK (and the world *nods at the antipodes*) could join us to celebrate our 15th anniversary, and I'd love to make this the biggest Forum Gathering ever!

P.S can we also have lots of time for the voting this year. I remember not having long last time!Yes, the sooner categories and voting are in place the better. Anyone wants to start a thread discussing the BFG 2007 awards would be great.

Mezzosoprano
21st-May-2007, 02:20 PM
Not wishing to appear ignorant... but helpless to be anything but... what is BFG and what's all this about voting???

I'm getting to go to BlazeII - my longsuffering non-dancing husband has agreed to look after the small people for the weekend - Dancing and no kids!! - Wah Hoo!!! I'm so excited... more excited than I am about going to Eurodisney..(and that's saying something!):clap: :clap: :clap:

Tiggerbabe
21st-May-2007, 02:33 PM
Not wishing to appear ignorant... but helpless to be anything but... what is BFG and what's all this about voting???
Big Forum Gathering
We have various awards, King and Queen of the Forum, Funniest Post, Best Title for a thread etc etc which everyone votes for and the winners get a wee prize at the Awards Ceremony, which will be at Blaze II :D

Mezzosoprano
21st-May-2007, 02:37 PM
Big Forum Gathering
We have various awards, King and Queen of the Forum, Funniest Post, Best Title for a thread etc etc which everyone votes for and the winners get a wee prize at the Awards Ceremony, which will be at Blaze II :D

Cool!! Thanks Sheena!:nice:

Wuzzle
21st-May-2007, 02:45 PM
Cool well me and Spartak Lad will book as soon as its availible :clap:

Having been budget last blaze we're going silver to see what the difference is :grin: who knows might get free soap.

Though possibly not a mint choclate on the pillow :rolleyes:

Have to turn up sooner as we missed the start of blaze first time around. :blush:

whitetiger1518
21st-May-2007, 04:01 PM
OK - I am seriously in the huff with my holiday entitlement :angry:

Cause I can't go!! :tears: :tears: :tears:

I can spare a day or two here or there, but going on Blaze1 form:

I need at least 4 days - Friday to Travel and at least 3 afterwards to recover...
Which by October I won't be able to afford :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Ah well - I'm now more motivated to travel within Scotland on the few days that I will be able to scrounge - Beware Aberdeen, Dundee, Inverness, Perth, Stirling ...... even Edinburgh! :devil: :

None of you are safe :rofl:

Whitetiger

Beowulf
22nd-May-2007, 10:11 AM
Ah well - I'm now more motivated to travel within Scotland on the few days that I will be able to scrounge - Beware Aberdeen, Dundee, Inverness, Perth, Stirling ...... even Edinburgh! :devil: :

None of you are safe :rofl:

Whitetiger

:clap: :clap:

Is that a promise or a threat? Please say it's a promise :)

:worthy: :worthy:

My Wolf will take your Tiger for a spin round the dance floor :)

whitetiger1518
24th-May-2007, 01:15 PM
Well I booked up for beach ballroom this morning - so if you will be there, then take this as a promise :D

Hopefully if this Tiger gets her act together, then she will have a few tops printed so that you can find her easily enough

Drat - need to go and find a good fabric printer... bother - means surfing the web and not the forum :(

back soon....

Keefy
25th-May-2007, 09:58 PM
The booking system should be live on Wednesday 23rd May... Oh well, they're obviously keeping it to themselves to try and keep us southerners away :wink:

purplehyacinth
27th-May-2007, 07:41 PM
Oh well, they're obviously keeping it to themselves to try and keep us southerners away :wink:

I'm a northerner and I haven't been able to find a live booking site yet (but that could just be my ineptitude when it comes to computers).

Franck
27th-May-2007, 07:46 PM
Oh well, they're obviously keeping it to themselves to try and keep us southerners away :wink:Apologies, I was that close to activating it, but hit a technical snag, so had to postpone to this week... I'll let you all know when the booking system is active here.

Having had a chance to sort all the re-booking at the first Blaze, I can tell you that the 2 bedroom Gold caravans are already sold-out... So make sure that you get your booking in early when available.

I have also added a premium 'Single & Sharing' option for anyone booking by themselves, you share with only one other dancer (same sex) in a Silver Appartment; the budget single-sharing option is for 3 people in a 3-bedroom budget caravan...

Franck
28th-May-2007, 04:52 PM
Online booking (http://ceroc.com/OnlineBookings/Escape/Blaze/) is now active and working, so get booking! :D

Apologies, I was that close to activating it, but hit a technical snag, so had to postpone to this week... I'll let you all know when the booking system is active here.

Having had a chance to sort all the re-booking at the first Blaze, I can tell you that the 2 bedroom Gold caravans are already sold-out... So make sure that you get your booking in early when available.

I have also added a premium 'Single & Sharing' option for anyone booking by themselves, you share with only one other dancer (same sex) in a Silver Appartment; the budget single-sharing option is for 3 people in a 3-bedroom budget caravan...

Caro
28th-May-2007, 05:22 PM
Online booking (http://ceroc.com/OnlineBookings/Escape/Blaze/) is now active and working, so get booking! :D

Franck mon chéri, unless my computer suffers from some particular bug, this links to Blaze I booking system...
not that I am in a hurry to book or anything... :innocent:

Franck
28th-May-2007, 05:33 PM
Franck mon chéri, unless my computer suffers from some particular bug, this links to Blaze I booking system...
not that I am in a hurry to book or anything... :innocent:Not a bug ma chérie, but you might have to clear your cache or force refresh the page, as I've just checked the link and it's working! :kiss:

Caro
28th-May-2007, 05:37 PM
Not a bug ma chérie, but you might have to clear your cache or force refresh the page, as I've just checked the link and it's working! :kiss:

ooops... yes I've just done that and it's working now :blush:

DavidY
28th-May-2007, 06:11 PM
Online booking is now active and working, so get booking! :DThe booking might be working, but the main Blaze site doesn't seem to be. And (having not been to Blaze I) I've no idea what the different levels of accomodation are, or when and whether I'd need to book the half-board option.

I went to Ceroc.com/escape, and there seems to be a link to Blaze II there, but I get an error when I click on it. I get the same error in Firefox or Internet Explorer.

A page then displays, but it has no menu or links at the top of the page so I don't know how or where to find out about the accomodation options.:confused:

Franck
28th-May-2007, 07:27 PM
The booking might be working, but the main Blaze site doesn't seem to be. My apologies, it seems I had added an error when uploading the new index file.

The BLAZE II pages (http://www.ceroc.com/blaze) should now be accessible with full navigation.

purplehyacinth
29th-May-2007, 01:21 AM
The BLAZE II pages (http://www.ceroc.com/blaze) should now be accessible with full navigation.

:clap:

Although there are still some details on them relating to Blaze1 (prices page in particular still has the deadlines for Blaze1 - even after I clicked refresh).

ducasi
29th-May-2007, 08:03 AM
Although there are still some details on them relating to Blaze1 ...

For instance, clicking the "Home" link on any page will take you to the Blaze I home page...

But I'm sure all this stuff will be sorted out in the goodness of time. :)

DavidY
29th-May-2007, 01:11 PM
:clap:

Although there are still some details on them relating to Blaze1:yeah: For instance:
Scotland in May is at its most beautiful.. so by October it will presumably be somewhat less beautiful. :rofl:

Keefy
29th-May-2007, 04:21 PM
What's going on now??? :confused: The link at the top of the forum says 'available', it was earlier - now every category of accommodation is showing as 'Deleted'.

What's the chance of being able to book this evening?

Franck
29th-May-2007, 04:43 PM
What's going on now??? :confused: The link at the top of the forum says 'available', it was earlier - now every category of accommodation is showing as 'Deleted'.

What's the chance of being able to book this evening?The booking system is now back online, ready for your booking :D

As for the BLAZE II website, I have a few pages and details to fix, so happy to get feedback as you all notice them (a quick PM or email) and will sort it out over the next few days. I wanted to have the booking system open as soon as possible as I know many of you are anxious to get your place.

Thank you all for your patience!

Keefy
29th-May-2007, 10:40 PM
The booking system is now back online, ready for your booking :DOK, OK - money where mouth is time and I've actually gone and booked it :really: Not quite sure what I've let myself in for here but looking forward to it already... I think...

Caro
29th-May-2007, 11:38 PM
we're booked :D :clap:

purplehyacinth
30th-May-2007, 05:46 PM
Ditto

ShinyWeeStar
30th-May-2007, 09:31 PM
And me! :D :clap:

(Don't think I've ever booked a dance event this far in advance before! :really: I wanna go NOW! :rofl:)

drathzel
31st-May-2007, 12:06 AM
I wanna go NOW! :rofl:

:yeah:!!!!!

DavidY
9th-June-2007, 05:59 PM
Although there are still some details on them relating to Blaze1 (prices page in particular still has the deadlines for Blaze1 - even after I clicked refresh).The Blaze website still has the "Early Bird" etc deadlines shown as they were for Blaze I
'Early Bird'
(2nd June – 6th September 2006)
Prices from £59

'Slo Bird'
(7th September 06 - 7th March 2007)
Prices from £79

'Dodo Bird'
(8th March – 10th May 2007)
Prices from £99But the "Share with a stranger" options on the booking site itself say things like :"Budget Special -Sharing with 2 other dancers (Occupancy 3 @ 79 each) Y3 ONE Male Available" but the total cost is shown as 89.00. So what happened - has one of the "Early Bird" deadlines passed already? (And if so, where was it shown?)

It does seem a lot pricier "entry level" than most of the other Ceroc weekenders (ie except Swish). Is this because it's smaller, or did all the "cheap" places go to people who went to Blaze I?

Marc Forster
10th-June-2007, 06:55 AM
It's a few months down the line, but much like Southport, I see Blaze as part of the spiritual evolution of the Modern Jive scene.

Scotland rocks. Had it not been for our last Beach Ballroom, my life would have taken a different path. I loved Sheena's Saturday night set. To top it all, Dance Demon's Sunday set was sublime. You proved that Dj'ing for a Modern Jive crowd can be an artistic expression of the soul.

It felt that we were able to pay back on those positive vibes by putting our all into Blaze 1. The only regret is the flooring in the Blues room. We had bought the talc on Friday but sheer exhaustion meant you guys had to suffer with a sticky floor. It won't happen again. Sorry.

It's a real pleasure to have some input into this weekender. The only reason I'm online at this unearthly hour is that I'm waiting to bid for lights on Ebay specifically for this event. Must confess that it's so tempting to buy some lasers and a smoke machine. Wandering if anyone remembers that time at Jango where we relocated to that nightclub with the fancy lights. I couldn't help but keep pushing the smoke release button and almost suffocating everyone in sight :devil: .

Perhaps we could adopt a little more from club culture. Instead of horns and whistles, we could have Kenny G style saxophones around our necks.

So Franck, all we need to do is move the box stage to the Blues room, import a stage for the main room, bring in some extra flooring, hire a van, borrow some powered speakers and a couple of lights, clear out the back room for the daytime freestyle and persuade Rachel to cook me dinner once in a while and we have ourselves a date.

I don't expect all of my prayers to be answered. It does feel that we are heading in the right direction though . All it needs is for her to boil the kettle first, then that Pot Noodle will be just dandy :nice: .

under par
11th-June-2007, 02:56 AM
great enthusiastic stuff from Marc: .

So glad I've booked our return mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!:drool: :cheers: :yeah:

drathzel
29th-June-2007, 10:50 AM
So glad I've booked our return mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!:drool: :cheers: :yeah:

so what time's the candle lit party?

Fruity Oranges
29th-June-2007, 06:23 PM
Well Tiggerbabe - we've booked. :clap:
Myself and the demo in pink will be joining you in Scotland this year instead of next year!!! :grin:
Can't wait - erm, exactly how many people will you be expecting though?? I'm quite nervous as I've never done a weekender with more that 300 people :blush:

Tiggerbabe
29th-June-2007, 06:37 PM
Brilliant news! :clap:

Fruity Oranges
29th-June-2007, 11:21 PM
Have just realised that the weekend after Blaze II is the Rock Bottoms weekender in Torquay.

Won't be at work much.... let's see, OFF Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, IN Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, OFF Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, IN Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, OFF Saturday and Sunday.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Caro
3rd-July-2007, 02:44 PM
To be honest, Marc, I don't mind the lights, but I don't really care that much about them, one way or the other - although I love the fact that you put the effort into lugging them around :clap:

does it mean you'll grant Scotland of your presence ? :really:

ducasi
3rd-July-2007, 02:48 PM
DJ doesn't do armbands.

David Bailey
3rd-July-2007, 02:57 PM
:what:

I get to experience the Marc Forster - errr, experience :) - most Sunday evenings at Berko. In fact, I may go for the all-day thing this weekend, so that's 6 hours' solide. Why schlepp up to Scotland to hear him? :confused:

Caro
3rd-July-2007, 03:06 PM
DJ doesn't do armbands.

that's what I thought too...

I get to experience the Marc Forster - errr, experience :) - most Sunday evenings at Berko. In fact, I may go for the all-day thing this weekend, so that's 6 hours' solide. Why schlepp up to Scotland to hear him? :confused:

well, if you don't want people to ask silly questions, don't post silly replies on the BLAZE thread :na:

David Bailey
3rd-July-2007, 03:08 PM
that's what I thought too...

well, if you don't want people to ask silly questions, don't post silly replies on the BLAZE thread :na:

Actually, I'll move the "smoke" stuff out as it's a separate topic :)

Keefy
13th-July-2007, 11:26 PM
The weekend sits right on the break between the Eire O'Flot (aka Ryanair) summer and winter schedule, there's flights on the web up until the Saturday to PIK but I can't get home again! The winter schedule is now on the web, you can book your flights home on the Monday now :nice: I haven't booked the flights yet, but I'll probably do the midday STN<=>PIK flights on the Friday and the Monday if anybody wants to meet up at the airport (or avoid me...).

robd
20th-July-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm now booked for this :clap:

Let's hope the weather's good!

Caro
20th-July-2007, 06:05 PM

a warm fleece will be a lot more useful than hopes in Scotland... :rolleyes:

but cool to see you'll be there :clap:

Jamie
20th-July-2007, 07:28 PM

Woo, save me a dance :D

Mini Mac
7th-August-2007, 02:19 PM
i dont know because my birthdays in october so i want to do something with my friends plus i have two other weekends to go on and work experience so i might give this one a miss, its very far away too, but that doesnt mean iv ruled it out entirely! Im still considering..........:whistle:

Wobbly Dave
7th-August-2007, 02:34 PM
If anyone wants to lift share - I will be driving up from Birmingham in my trusty silver swedish steed

http://www.bigredvolvos.co.uk/images/C70_Silver_19s/front_ns_Close.JPG

I can't wait. I loved the last one! And I am doing brean the fortnight before!

Caro
13th-August-2007, 09:50 AM
Well since Paul is not coming anymore (I know ladies, this is a sad sad day :sad: :tears: ),
we have one space available in our gold (the one with heating everywhere :D ) caravan.

PM me if interested!

robd
13th-August-2007, 10:27 AM
Am starting to look at booking flights for this now - I take it I need to fly to Glasgow and then make the way to Ayr from there? Do I recall a shuttle service from the airport for the last one??? Is there just one airport in Glasgow? Why am I too lazy to look up the answers for these rather than just post them here???

Tiggerbabe
13th-August-2007, 10:36 AM
You need to book flights to Prestwick Airport. Do not book flights to Glasgow. Prestwick is close to the holiday park so a taxi is not too expensive although there is also a bus service to Ayr and from Ayr to Craig Tara.

Rhythm King
13th-August-2007, 11:20 AM
I've managed to change the dates of my next trip, and I've spoken with Caro and Tiggerbabe, so it looks like I'm coming now :clap:

Rob if you want to share taxis etc, PM with the details of your flight to Prestwick (from Stansted presumably?)

R-K

Mezzosoprano
13th-August-2007, 11:45 AM
This will be my first Weekender!!! Soooo excited about it - but, any advice or essential tips for a first time weekender???

Come on I know there's heaps of you out there just bursting with helpful (and possibly less helpful) advice!!!

Jamie
13th-August-2007, 12:40 PM
Don't forget your dance shoes Mezzo! Other than that, you're good to go! :D

Freya
13th-August-2007, 02:39 PM
This will be my first Weekender!!! Soooo excited about it - but, any advice or essential tips for a first time weekender???

Come on I know there's heaps of you out there just bursting with helpful (and possibly less helpful) advice!!!

Invite me Up for the weekend, ply me with food and drink and I'll become your very own Stylist and personal shopper just Like Janey did! :wink:

I'll even help you pack if you like! Take it your going with The two alisons...So luggage wise you can take heaps there's always loadsa space in Alison's boot! :grin:

Little Monkey
13th-August-2007, 03:42 PM
Ooooh, I'm still not sure about this one.... I'm really tempted, because of the WCS teachers (oh Franck, how can you do this to me!!!), but I'm already doing Southport, then flying off to USA the following week for a holiday and Boogie by the Bay, and am also planning to do the Dance Fever weekend in Perth in November.

The result of this is that I will a) be bankrupt, and b) my dog will hate me. :tears:

But saying that.... I'm saving a lot of money these days by not travelling up and down to London..... And I should really make the most of any opportunity of world class teachers and dancers coming to Scotland....

However - I will quite probably freeze to death this time. We were in a gold caravan last time, but the heaters were so feeble (apart from the one in the lounge area) that I nearly died from hypothermia. And that was with a sheep and a hot water bottle in my bed!! :what:

Ooooh, decisions, decisions....

LYF - you still definitely going? Booked yet??

drathzel
13th-August-2007, 03:57 PM
Ooooh, I'm still not sure about this one.... I'm really tempted, because of the WCS teachers (oh Franck, how can you do this to me!!!), but I'm already doing Southport, then flying off to USA the following week for a holiday and Boogie by the Bay, and am also planning to do the Dance Fever weekend in Perth in November.

The result of this is that I will a) be bankrupt, and b) my dog will hate me. :tears:

I personally will be distraught if you dont go!:love:

a) join the large club!
b)buy lots of treats and your dog will always love you!

Mezzosoprano
13th-August-2007, 06:13 PM
Invite me Up for the weekend, ply me with food and drink and I'll become your very own Stylist and personal shopper just Like Janey did! :wink:

I'll even help you pack if you like! Take it your going with The two alisons...So luggage wise you can take heaps there's always loadsa space in Alison's boot! :grin:

How did you know??? Yep, the two Alisons, Gail and me in one car......

Come for the weekend anytime sweetie!! just not next weekend (Craig's Auntie and Uncle arriving from Australia for 4 nights!!! - they'll be gone by Thursday night so no dramas!!)
pm me with a list!!

Please come to Blaze II LM!!! Who else would understand my chocolate cravings but you??

:hug: :hug:

drathzel
27th-August-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm sooooo excited already and i still have the scottish comp and breeze to go!:clap:

Jamie
27th-August-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm sooooo excited already and i still have the scottish comp and breeze to go!:clap:

Me too! Whoop!

Can't wait to come back to Scotland, I loved it at Blaze in May, it was so much fun, can't wait for October!

J xxx

drathzel
27th-August-2007, 10:54 PM
Me too! Whoop!

Can't wait to come back to Scotland, I loved it at Blaze in May, it was so much fun, can't wait for October!

J xxx

Does this make us sad or just incredibly over excitable!

ducasi
27th-August-2007, 11:15 PM
Does this make us sad or just incredibly over excitable!
Maybe a bit of both. :hug:

Paul F
27th-August-2007, 11:54 PM
It's probably on youTube but I have to say if you get chance to go and see Michael and Jennifer's current Classic routine in person......do it.

Im expecting them to do the one they did this weekend. If so it is one of the best routines i have seen for sheer excitement and crisp execution.

Awesome!

drathzel
27th-August-2007, 11:56 PM
It's probably on youTube but I have to say if you get chance to go and see Michael and Jennifer's current Classic routine in person......do it.

Im expecting them to do the one they did this weekend. If so it is one of the best routines i have seen for sheer excitement and crisp execution.

Awesome!

is it the one franck has posted up in the corner or a different one?

I take it you are coming back to blaze then! :clap:

Tiggerbabe
28th-August-2007, 12:02 AM
Oooh! I think it must be a new one :clap:

Blimey, that's me excited now too :rolleyes: :wink: (budge over Jamie and Drathzel :hug: )

drathzel
28th-August-2007, 12:04 AM

Blimey, that's me excited now too :rolleyes: :wink: (budge over Jamie and Drathzel :hug: )

Hey the bouncy castle we all seem to be on is big enough for more! any more for any more?

Mezzosoprano
28th-August-2007, 10:53 AM
Hey the bouncy castle we all seem to be on is big enough for more! any more for any more?

Me! Me! My husband is SICKOFHEARINGABOUTIT (his phrase not mine!!!)

Paul F
28th-August-2007, 07:24 PM
is it the one franck has posted up in the corner or a different one?

Just had a look at the one on youtube. It is the same track but I have a sneaky feeling they have tweaked the routine. I will confirm that when i get the DVD of the event over the weekend.

Caro
28th-August-2007, 09:11 PM

I asked Michael last weekend and he said they will be performing the one on youtube (but I guess they could change their mind). Although like Paul I've just watched it again and I think they have modified it since.

I can't wait to see it again, with youtube you never really appreciate how fast and difficult a routine is... it rocks, believe me :worthy:

Husky_Cat
2nd-September-2007, 08:35 PM
:sad: I cant go to this one, even if i want to. I unfortunely have other arrangements on those dates.

I just have one thing to say :

Have FUN!!!!!:D:D:D:D:clap::clap:

Hee hee :D

drathzel
10th-September-2007, 04:17 PM
Well the scottish comp got me really excited for blaze only 46 more sleeps!

Caro
10th-September-2007, 04:34 PM
Are we going to have forum awards at Blaze? If so, when do we start voting ? :yum:

oh and what are the categories ?

drathzel
21st-September-2007, 01:27 PM
34sleeps

Yliander
21st-September-2007, 09:01 PM
34sleepsOHHHH MYYY!!! it can't be that close!!!

Keefy
21st-September-2007, 09:08 PM
OHHHH MYYY!!! it can't be that close!!!It is :really:

I'm on....

GOING OUT
From London Stansted(STN) to Prestwick Glasgow(PIK)
Fri, 26Oct07 Flight FR411 Depart STN at 11:55 and arrive PIK at 13:05
...if anybody fancies meeting up at Stansted

IainL
26th-September-2007, 01:11 PM
Fly to BLAZE from London for ONLY £0.01p each way!!! (plus taxes and baggage charges).

For those wishing to fly to Blaze from London and are looking for a cheap flight, check out the following:

Website: Ryanair.com - The lowest fares guaranteed - cheap flights, fly cheaper (http://www.ryanair.com)
Select the following:

Departing from: London (Stanstead)
Goint to: Glasgow (Prestwick)

Depart date: 26th October
Return Date: 29th October

Note: Yesterday's price was £65 but today I have just paid £45!!

IainL
26th-September-2007, 01:42 PM
I can meet up at stanstead!!!

I am booked on the Fri, 26 Oct 07 Flight 411 11:55 Depart London Stansted (STN) and return Mon, 29 Oct 07 Flight 422 17:35 Depart Glasgow Prestwick (PIK)

Keefy
26th-September-2007, 02:11 PM
Note: Yesterday's price was £65 but today I have just paid £45!!I think I ended up with the £65 option a few weeks back, luck of the draw :sick:

That's assuming that we get there - the latest I've had from that bunch of clowns at Eire O'Flot (Ryanair) is a 'change of flight information' that I had to confirm, the flight times where exactly the same as they have always been with no change at all!

That's two of us at least on FR411 on Friday then Ian :nice:

IainL
26th-September-2007, 02:26 PM
I have checked your profile so I will look out for you in the waiting lounge then!

Dazzler
30th-September-2007, 10:00 AM
is it just me or is anyone else getting very excited about how close we are to blaze II?...:clap::clap::clap::clap:

cant wait! :clap::clap::clap: :rofl:

Rhythm King
30th-September-2007, 12:53 PM
Oh, is Blaze II soon then?... :whistle:

Tiggerbabe
30th-September-2007, 09:22 PM
is it just me or is anyone else getting very excited about how close we are to blaze II?...:clap::clap::clap::clap:

No, it's not just you :hug:I'm well excited, but :eek: it's close (what else was I supposed to do before check in?) :D

Mezzosoprano
30th-September-2007, 10:55 PM

cant wait! :clap::clap::clap: :rofl:

I'm not excited at all... nope I'm Not! I am not.... Not!

Sorry, can't tell a lie - HIgh as a KITE - I'm soooooo excited..... and I just can't hide it....

I do believe there might be a song in there!!!

jacksondonut
1st-October-2007, 02:12 PM
First weekender since Southport June for me.. so I am really looking forward to catching up with everyone....:yeah::hug:

Flying from Luton to Glasgow and have hired a car to drive the rest of the journey.. hopefully doing a bit of sightseeing along the way... :clap::clap:

Counting the days til I see you all..

lots of love
Jan
:hug::hug:

Wuzzle
1st-October-2007, 02:57 PM
Ahh blaze part 2.... :D Blaze is special for me it was my first weekender. Not that I've been to many.. only two others inbetween. :whistle:

Was shy then and fail to see if that has changed. I still am confidently quiet. This will be my first of i hope many BFG's.. and who knows i may pop into the blues room a little more than last time :blush:

I have given up making a list of people i should ask to dance. The list gets longer.... each weekender. :confused: I just don't have enough courage to ask some of them :blush:

Still ..... is it what 25 sleeps to go???? :clap: :clap: :clap: i think...... :waycool:

Well back to work.... :( still blaze is my happy thought for this month.... :grin: apart from getting SkyHD :D

ShinyWeeStar
1st-October-2007, 07:37 PM
This will be my first of i hope many BFG's..
Speaking of which...

Are we going to have forum awards at Blaze? If so, when do we start voting ? :yum:

oh and what are the categories ?
:yeah: Any news on this? :confused: 'Cos if they are happening then we'd better get a wriggle on, what with only having 25 sleeps left and all. :D

Tiggerbabe
2nd-October-2007, 01:17 AM
:yeah: Any news on this? :confused: My votes are in :clap: (mind you I've just spent about 2 hours reading old posts, brilliant! :rofl: )

drathzel
2nd-October-2007, 09:48 AM
My votes are in :clap: (mind you I've just spent about 2 hours reading old posts, brilliant! :rofl: )

please direct us 'not so alert people' to the voting please

Tiggerbabe
2nd-October-2007, 11:29 AM
Everyone should now have received an e-mail asking you to vote on various categories. Vote for as many of the categories as you can eg. if you can only think of one thread or funny post, you don't need to spend days searching. :D

- Forum King (name any forum member you believe deserves the title. Franck as current title holder is disqualified from nomination)
- Forum Queen (name any forum member you believe deserves the title. Tiggerbabe as current title holder is disqualified from nomination)
- Court Jester (name the funniest / most entertaining forum member you believe deserves the title)
- Most helpful poster (name up to 3 forum members you have found to be helpful on the forum)
- Best Thread (name up to 3 threads that you believe have been the best for you this year)
- Best Post (name up to 3 posts that you think are worthy of the award - I suggest you look in the Reputation awarded area in your User Control Panel as a reminder of posts you've appreciated)

Please email bfg@cerocscotland.com or PM Franck (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=1) your nominations, before Tuesday 23rd October, so we have time to collate the results...

Keefy
2nd-October-2007, 12:17 PM
Everyone should now have received an e-mail asking you to vote on various categories...When was it sent? I've heard nothing from Ceroc about Blaze since my original confirmation back in May :nice:

purplehyacinth
2nd-October-2007, 08:54 PM
When was it sent? I've heard nothing from Ceroc about Blaze since my original confirmation back in May :nice:

Same situation for me - have heard zilch since confirmation e-mail in May.

pmjd
2nd-October-2007, 10:48 PM
Got my email about it and sent Franck my votes:grin:

DavidY
2nd-October-2007, 10:55 PM
When was it sent? I've heard nothing from Ceroc about Blaze since my original confirmation back in May :nice:If you haven't already done so, it may be worth checking your Spam filter as it seemed to come from a slightly different address to other forum emails (eg. notification of PMs) so it may not be on your "safe senders" list.

Mine came on Monday evening.

Keefy
3rd-October-2007, 12:23 AM
Same situation for me - have heard zilch since confirmation e-mail in May.I managed to track it down, it had triggered the ISP's anti-SPAM filter :rolleyes:

stewart38
8th-October-2007, 02:43 PM
why are these awards kept so secret ?

where do you vote etc :sick:

Tiggerbabe
8th-October-2007, 04:03 PM
If you look 6 posts up, Stewart, it tells you :D

I did start another thread here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/chit-chat/14256-forum-awards.html) in the Chit-chat section (which you had replied to, but you then deleted your post).
I've now made it sticky, so it will be more visible :hug:

Beowulf
8th-October-2007, 04:09 PM
Have voted... Just a shame I won't be there to see the winners.

However, every cloud has a silver lining and all.. instead of spending time with you bunch of reprobates ;) I get to spend it with Twirly in Aberdeen instead !! :clap:

good luck to all who have been nominated.

I've now made it sticky

how many times must Franck tell you.. no posting while eating iced buns !! :wink:

purplehyacinth
8th-October-2007, 09:24 PM
I managed to track it down, it had triggered the ISP's anti-SPAM filter :rolleyes:

Found mine caught in the spam filter too.

frodo
10th-October-2007, 12:43 AM
As the US champions visiting for Blaze II are WCS experts, most of their classes will be based around WCS though they will teach musicality, styling for men / women, footwork, syncopations and slides which can be applied to any dance style.
We will also have a wide range of teachers from Beginner level to experienced to improve all aspects or your Modern Jive. Amir will be back, Russell Saxby, Marc Forster, as well as Lorna, Mairi, Emma, Lisa, Steve and myself from Scotland and many more to be announced shortly...

The idea for Blaze II is to have a balanced week-end with a variety of styles and opportunities to improve and be inspired for everyone.

I'll make sure that class levels are even clearer than last time too, so that everyone can benefit from the classes they attend. ...

The classes look very attractive. Is there likely to be a DVD made ?

Franck
10th-October-2007, 01:10 AM
The classes look very attractive. Is there likely to be a DVD made ?Classes are going to be brilliant indeed :D and we will have a DVD produced during the week-end available on the Sunday and by order after the week-end. Since my initial post, we have added Lucky Skillen and Ruby to the line-up of incredible teachers, but unfortunately Amir won't make it this time due to other engagements.

I should have the full timetable of classes (and DJs) posted by tomorrow night on the Blaze website.

Of course, it's not too late to book a flight and join us :wink:

jinski
10th-October-2007, 09:15 AM
Of course, it's not too late to book a flight and join us :wink:

It is if you are female! :tears:

Tiggerbabe
10th-October-2007, 10:32 AM
It is if you are female! :tears:
PM to Frodo?

Tiggerbabe
11th-October-2007, 12:45 AM
Here's the Blaze II programme of classes and DJs. The weekend brochure will have a full description of the classes :D

Yliander
11th-October-2007, 11:22 AM
Here's the Blaze II programme of classes and DJs. The weekend brochure will have a full description of the classes :Dsome interesting looking workshops - although I have no idea what they are about - fishing? flip, flop & Fly?

is there a translation on the website?

Tiggerbabe
11th-October-2007, 11:26 AM
Both of those workshops are by Lucky Skillen.

The brochure you get on arrival will have more detail.

Fishing - Give a man a fish, and he’ll eat for a day; teach a man to fish, and he’ll dance for a lifetime. In this class you will learn how to lead by mimicking your follow’s natural creative movement.

Flip, Flop and Fly - Using exercises in shared weight bearing and partner connection, this class will teach fun lifts and dips to add to your dancing.

blackisleboy
11th-October-2007, 11:53 AM
All looks fab. Now if someone could perfect human cloning in the next two weeks so I can go to all of the workshops, that would be much appreciated. I'm sure there are some scientists on the forum...

Yliander
11th-October-2007, 12:07 PM
Both of those workshops are by Lucky Skillen.

The brochure you get on arrival will have more detail.

Fishing - Give a man a fish, and he’ll eat for a day; teach a man to fish, and he’ll dance for a lifetime. In this class you will learn how to lead by mimicking your follow’s natural creative movement.

Flip, Flop and Fly - Using exercises in shared weight bearing and partner connection, this class will teach fun lifts and dips to add to your dancing.Thanks for that - don't suppose there is a teachers list somewhere I can check out before I arrive?

Tiggerbabe
11th-October-2007, 01:30 PM
TW - Trevor Wright
EK - Elaine Knowler
M & J - Michael Keilbasa and Jennifer DeLuca
M & R - Marc Forster and Rachel Pears
ES - Emma Sabin
DR - Danielle Rathzel
SL - Steve Lampert
FP - Franck Pauly
MF - Marc Forster
LS - Lucky Skillen
LB - Lorna Baker
RS - Russell Saxby

(AG - is a mistake and should read ES)

The bios for the teacher's are in the programme.

Ruby
16th-October-2007, 05:54 PM
Howdy... Lucky and I are heading up to Glasgow a few days before Blaze, possibly Wednesday or Thursday are looking for a place to crash, hopefully with someone who will be going to Blaze. We're hoping to take the train up so we can see a little bit of the countryside on our way so we'd probably be coming into the main Glasgow train station (whichever one that is...)

If anyone is willing to take in a few out of town teachers (if you haven't met us at Blizz or Breeze, we'll also be teaching at Blaze and Splash) for a couple days, we'd be much obliged.

Drop me a note here or to ruby at ruby-red.com. Just putting the word out to the masses so we can figure out if we're buying plane or train tickets up there in the next day or two.

And yes... we are looking forward to sharing some great aerials moves with you all!

Little Monkey
16th-October-2007, 09:42 PM
Classes are going to be brilliant indeed :D

I went to a class with Michael and Jennifer in San Francisco a week ago, and was so impressed I promptly sent a message to pmjd to ask him to book a space for me at Blaze II!!! And I wasn't going to go until I'd seen these two in real life!

Jennifer and Michael are friendly, fun and approachable, and their class was a perfect mix of technique and humour. I'd strongly reccomend their classes to any WCS dancers who's still not sure if they're going to Blaze or not!

PS - No, Franck didn't pay me to say this.:wink:
PPS - Now I just need to get rid of my shoulder/arm injury and tendonitis, so I can actually do the workshops and enjoy the dancing! Been in pain for 4 weeks so far! :tears:

Wobbly Dave
17th-October-2007, 01:52 PM
If anyone needs a lift - I am travelling up by car from Birmingham late afternoon Friday - should be there by 10ish. Slight detours off the M6 are not a problem.
I am returning on Monday.

drathzel
17th-October-2007, 02:43 PM
OMG I AM SOOOO EXCITED NOW!!!!

under par
17th-October-2007, 05:49 PM
OMG I AM SOOOO EXCITED NOW!!!!

:sick::sad::sad: So sad we will not be returning for Blaze 2... :sad:

Hope you all have a great time:cheers::cheers:

Lory
17th-October-2007, 05:56 PM
OMG I AM SOOOO EXCITED NOW!!!!So am I! :clap:

I'm especially looking forward to the 'bring your own' Dinner Dance, it sounds like really fun idea! :nice:

:sick::sad::sad: So sad we will not be returning for Blaze 2... :sad:

I'm sad too :sad: who's going to force me into having a Bacardi and Coke for breakfast now? :hug:

Tiggerbabe
17th-October-2007, 06:05 PM
who's going to force me into having a Bacardi and Coke for breakfast now? :hug:
I'm sure we'll find someone up to the task :wink:

Lynn
17th-October-2007, 06:16 PM
:sick::sad::sad: So sad we will not be returning for Blaze 2... :sad: :yeah: Too many weekenders... not enough leave. :(

Tiggerbabe
18th-October-2007, 09:40 AM
Howdy... Lucky and I are heading up to Glasgow a few days before Blaze, possibly Wednesday or Thursday are looking for a place to crash, hopefully with someone who will be going to Blaze.
Did you get sorted yet, Ruby?

Jamie
18th-October-2007, 11:04 AM
Oh.. My... God...... So.......... Ex....CITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D

Tiggerbabe
18th-October-2007, 11:50 AM
You're doing that bouncy thing again, aren't you? :rofl:

Zara
18th-October-2007, 11:55 AM
I really want to go...but I just cant make up my mind! I would miss a day off Uni, would that be so bad?:rolleyes:
So many weekenders... I want to do them all :D
xxx:innocent:

drathzel
18th-October-2007, 12:00 PM
You're doing that bouncy thing again, aren't you? :rofl:

yup!!!

Caz
18th-October-2007, 12:56 PM
I really want to go...but I just cant make up my mind! I would miss a day off Uni, would that be so bad?:rolleyes:

Come to Blaze babe :D Uni can wait.. dancing takes priority :D

pmjd
18th-October-2007, 01:04 PM

Get some nice person to take notes? I'm sure you won't miss that much:whistle:

Gadget
18th-October-2007, 01:40 PM
Hang on... Clocks go back on the Sunday - does that mean we get another hour of dancing on Saturday :clap:

Wuzzle
18th-October-2007, 02:07 PM
Hang on... Clocks go back on the Sunday - does that mean we get another hour of dancing on Saturday :clap:

:yeah: Sweeeeeeeet........! :waycool:

Well i just ordered my new feet :D so I got at least 4 nights of dancing to break them in without killing my legs... :whistle:
Blaze is gonna be sooooo cool! :cheers: :clap: :cheers:

Wuzzle
18th-October-2007, 02:15 PM

Really depends on what you hope to learn while thinking about blaze.... I mean uni work... :whistle:

Come to blaze................! Can you think of much else you'd wish to do part from a great weekend of dancing?

Freudian Hips
18th-October-2007, 02:44 PM

Goodness. Student dedication has changed a lot since my day :rofl:

Shea
18th-October-2007, 05:36 PM
All looks fab. Now if someone could perfect human cloning in the next two weeks so I can go to all of the workshops, that would be much appreciated. I'm sure there are some scientists on the forum...

OK...I've been working on that one for some time now! I'm getting close!

:yeah: Too many weekenders... not enough leave. :(

I'm also working on a special formula to create annual leave days out of none! You can be the first to try it out!

Shea
18th-October-2007, 05:39 PM
And before I forget....

I can't wait for BLAZE!!!

And only 3hrs of travel to get there!!!

:clap: :clap:

pmjd
18th-October-2007, 05:45 PM
OK...I've been working on that one for some time now! I'm getting close!

I'm also working on a special formula to create annual leave days out of none! You can be the first to try it out!

Just send a clone in to do your days work:waycool:

purplehyacinth
18th-October-2007, 07:40 PM
Advice please.

This is going to be my first weekender. Any advice on what I should bring apart from the obvious - namely

me
dance shoes
baking
food
clothes
towel etc
and an extra bedcover just in case it's a bit chilly (well it is Scotland in October after all)

Little Monkey
18th-October-2007, 09:44 PM
Advice please.

This is going to be my first weekender. Any advice on what I should bring apart from the obvious - namely

me
dance shoes
baking
food
clothes
towel etc
and an extra bedcover just in case it's a bit chilly (well it is Scotland in October after all)

I'd bring a hot water bottle as well..... I was there in May, and nearly froze to death, despite being in one of the good and so-called heated caravans! This time I don't even have a man to snuggle up with to keep me warm, so will definitely need my hot water bottle, thick pyjamas and wooly socks!

There's been various threads on what to bring to weekenders before, have a look around. I'm too lazy to find the old threads, sorry...

The caravans (at least the gold ones) were well equipped with kitchen stuff, but you should probably bring washing up liquid, tea towels etc. And loo rolls!

drathzel
19th-October-2007, 12:41 AM
bring a home comfort. Some people bring mugs etc i bring my teddy, sounds daft but after a long night dancing, getting in at silly a.m. it really relaxes me and helps me sleep if i can cuddle up to something

robd
19th-October-2007, 10:14 AM
I notice on the schedule for Sat night from 20:30 to 22:30

Rob's Forum Faves - Most popular forum freestyle tracks.

Did I miss a vote on this one?

Sparkles
19th-October-2007, 11:46 AM
Rob's Forum Faves - Most popular forum freestyle tracks.

Did I miss a vote on this one?

:yeah: - you didn't tell me you were DJing... :cool:

Sparkles
19th-October-2007, 11:49 AM
I'd bring a hot water bottle as well..... I was there in May, and nearly froze to death, despite being in one of the good and so-called heated caravans! This time I don't even have a man to snuggle up with to keep me warm, so will definitely need my hot water bottle, thick pyjamas and wooly socks!

There's been various threads on what to bring to weekenders before, have a look around. I'm too lazy to find the old threads, sorry...

The caravans (at least the gold ones) were well equipped with kitchen stuff, but you should probably bring washing up liquid, tea towels etc. And loo rolls!

Is there and chance that those of us travelling a long way could pilfer some of the essentials (like washing up liquid) from friendly Blaze-goers who live closer? :flower: I know it's cheeky :blush:, but with only one piece of luggage and a plane flight I'm not sure I'll be able to carry everything I might normally take to a weekender... :(

Aleks
19th-October-2007, 11:58 AM
Is there and chance that those of us travelling a long way could pilfer some of the essentials (like washing up liquid) from friendly Blaze-goers who live closer? :flower: I know it's cheeky :blush:, but with only one piece of luggage and a plane flight I'm not sure I'll be able to carry everything I might normally take to a weekender... :(

PM a list of what you think you might need and I'll do my best to furnish them.

Sparkles
19th-October-2007, 12:00 PM
PM a list of what you think you might need and I'll do my best to furnish them.

:awe: that's really sweet of you... I'll see how organised I can be - if not I might just say in passing "have you got a ... I can borrow, please?" and pinch one from you at the time. Would that be OK?

Aleks
19th-October-2007, 12:11 PM
:awe: that's really sweet of you... I'll see how organised I can be - if not I might just say in passing "have you got a ... I can borrow, please?" and pinch one from you at the time. Would that be OK?

Of course.
I'll take extra tea, coffee, milk, honey (cos I know you like it in your tea) and tea towels.
If you've difficulty in packing towels let me know and I'll see what I can do. Mr & Mrs Par had my spares one last time!

Gadget
19th-October-2007, 01:11 PM
There is a shop on-site: I just got squeezy up liquid and tea-towels etc. from there last time.

(Although being a skinflint I will remember to pack them this time ;)... and probably some extras for borrowing :flower: )

Tiggerbabe
19th-October-2007, 08:45 PM
Vote for as many of the categories as you can eg. if you can only think of one thread or funny post, you don't need to spend days searching. :D

- Forum King (name any forum member you believe deserves the title. Franck as current title holder is disqualified from nomination)
- Forum Queen (name any forum member you believe deserves the title. Tiggerbabe as current title holder is disqualified from nomination)
- Court Jester (name the funniest / most entertaining forum member you believe deserves the title)
- Most helpful poster (name up to 3 forum members you have found to be helpful on the forum)
- Best Thread (name up to 3 threads that you believe have been the best for you this year)
- Best Post (name up to 3 posts that you think are worthy of the award - I suggest you look in the Reputation awarded area in your User Control Panel as a reminder of posts you've appreciated)

Please email bfg@cerocscotland.com or PM Franck (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=1) your nominations, before Tuesday 23rd October, so we have time to collate the results...
It is not long until Tuesday 23rd October Get voting!

drathzel
22nd-October-2007, 03:41 PM
4 more sleeps

Tiggerbabe
22nd-October-2007, 03:50 PM
4 more sleeps
Sleep! :rofl: I wish :D Way too excited, to sleep :D

drathzel
22nd-October-2007, 03:53 PM
Sleep! :rofl: I wish :D Way too excited, to sleep :D

that too! although i might get tonight tom and wed but thursday.... no chance!

Twirlie Bird
22nd-October-2007, 11:26 PM
Just a quick question..........

I have just been looking at the Haven site and the Blaze site looks lovely. I have already heard VERY good things about the accommodation at Blaze. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who mention this when I say I'm going to Blaze. :wink:

Anyway. How many of the facilities are still open? Will we be able to use the pool and will the water slides be open do you know? Thanks. :flower:

Cannot wait - Soooooooooooooooooooooo excited. :clap: :clap:

drathzel
22nd-October-2007, 11:39 PM
Just a quick question..........

I have just been looking at the Haven site and the Blaze site looks lovely. I have already heard VERY good things about the accommodation at Blaze. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who mention this when I say I'm going to Blaze. :wink:

Anyway. How many of the facilities are still open? Will we be able to use the pool and will the water slides be open do you know? Thanks. :flower:

Cannot wait - Soooooooooooooooooooooo excited. :clap: :clap:

according to the email i received you will obtain a pass when you arrive which will give you access to the "other" facilities

Tiggerbabe
23rd-October-2007, 12:16 AM

As far as I believe most of the faciltites are still open. Click here (http://www.havenholidays.com/Parks/scotlandNorthumberland/craigtara/entertainment/calendar.aspx?pageid=9-19863-64) for Craig Tara's entertainments calendar.

drathzel
23rd-October-2007, 09:26 AM
3 sleeps!!!

Wuzzle
23rd-October-2007, 11:25 AM
3 sleeps!!!

Then little sleeps.... :innocent: lots of dancing....:clap: :clap: :clap:

dutch courage... :blush: for those who need it....!

Wondering where my apartment will be. Me hopes nearer the venue. Kepted fairly good off the caffine.. so should be good for the weekend!

Not that i need much caffine... :D a decent dance is enough to keep me pumped up till the small hours. Though blues at night might rock me off to sleep if am not careful... :innocent:

Bex
23rd-October-2007, 11:34 AM
Yaye!! It looks like me and Billco will be coming up for dancing on Saturday night, very excited!! :clap:

Franck
23rd-October-2007, 01:42 PM
Hi guys,

I have just been informed by Haven that they would be enforcing their entertainments licensing hours strictly at the Blaze II weekender in October, therefore the bar will close at 2am and we might not be permitted to play music after this time. This is very disappointing and I have tried very hard to get an extension but so far to no avail.
I have updated timetable above to reflect the changes. As the clocks go back on Saturday night, I'm hopeful we'll get an extra hour of dancing as a result.

Myself and the team fully intend to make sure that we maximize the 42 hours of Freestyle dancing available and of course this will give us all time to organise wild 'After Party Parties in our caravans / Apartment and will ensure you're well rested for the incredible classes.

With my apologies,

Franck
23rd-October-2007, 01:43 PM
Yaye!! It looks like me and Billco will be coming up for dancing on Saturday night, very excited!! :clap:Brilliant news Bex, it will be great to see both of you, as it's been way too long since you visited us! :hug:

David Bailey
23rd-October-2007, 01:57 PM
I have just been informed by Haven that they would be enforcing their entertainments licensing hours strictly at the Blaze II weekender in October, therefore the bar will close at 2am and we might not be permitted to play music after this time. This is very disappointing and I have tried very hard to get an extension but so far to no avail.
What! :eek:

Right, that's it. I'm not coming, then.

Gadget
23rd-October-2007, 02:14 PM
The pool is a very good fun pool; three teirs with slides between, flumes over... unfortunatly the actual "swimming" pool is for members only :(

Never got to try any of the other facilities... too busy dancing :D:clap:

Tiggerbabe
23rd-October-2007, 03:02 PM
Right, that's it. I'm not coming, then.
Aw :tears: go on, you know you want to. I'll bet you've been writing your acceptance speech all week, just in case :wink:

Caro
23rd-October-2007, 03:04 PM
Aw :tears: go on, you know you want to. I'll bet you've been writing your acceptance speech all week, just in case :wink:

hmmm did I miss a category in the forum awards for the Grumpiest forumite ? :confused:

My vote's for DJ, obviously, if it's not too late to vote :na:

David Bailey
23rd-October-2007, 03:29 PM
Aw :tears: go on, you know you want to.
Nope, my mind is made up, I'm definitely not coming.

Someone's got to make a stand, godsdamnit.

I'll bet you've been writing your acceptance speech all week, just in case :wink:
Actually, it'd be kind of cool to have an "acceptance speech" thread - then the winners could simply post their speeches rather than give them. :)

robd
23rd-October-2007, 03:39 PM
therefore the bar will close at 2am and we might not be permitted to play music after this time.

Very disappointing though I have no doubt you've done your best to fight it Franck. A weekender without 5 and 6 am finishes will seem very strange indeed.

Guess it just means longer after-parties :wink:

Tiggerbabe
23rd-October-2007, 03:47 PM
Guess it just means longer after-parties :wink:
And more waffles :D

Sparkles
23rd-October-2007, 03:51 PM

:yeah: Mmm-mmmm :drool:

Caro
23rd-October-2007, 03:56 PM

is anybody bringing Nutella ? :drool:

Tiggerbabe
23rd-October-2007, 04:02 PM
ehrm, you? :D

Caro
23rd-October-2007, 04:07 PM
ehrm, you? :D

Deal. That'll be the 1L one then :D:yum:

Franck
23rd-October-2007, 04:16 PM
Very disappointing though I have no doubt you've done your best to fight it Franck. A weekender without 5 and 6 am finishes will seem very strange indeed.

Guess it just means longer after-parties :wink:Oh, we'll definitely party until 5-6am and make sure I have the waffle machine switched on from 3.00am onwards! :drool:

I have been fighting it with the park, but at the moment, the more I fight, the more they are digging their heels. My current battle is to make sure that doesn't happen for next year's Blaze so we can dance all night if we want to!

Freudian Hips
23rd-October-2007, 05:11 PM
is anybody bringing Nutella ? :drool:

:Remembers to pack maple syrup:

(Get real, I know I'm a good for nothing oldie who needs her bed :blush: I like to imagine that I'd be there though:waycool:)

I wonder how I manage to gain weight at weekenders :rolleyes::innocent:

Minnie M
23rd-October-2007, 05:15 PM
Oh, we'll definitely party until 5-6am and make sure I have the waffle machine switched on from 3.00am onwards.........

double double gutted I can't be there now ........... nothing better than a Franck waffle party to end a fab evening :respect:

drathzel
23rd-October-2007, 05:23 PM
Remember to tell me where to go. I seemed to miss all the parties at Breeze!!!!

However a 2am or whatever finish is good for us with early morning classes! And maybe we'll get more people out earlier!

Little Monkey
23rd-October-2007, 11:37 PM
Oh, we'll definitely party until 5-6am and make sure I have the waffle machine switched on from 3.00am onwards! :drool:

I have been fighting it with the park, but at the moment, the more I fight, the more they are digging their heels. My current battle is to make sure that doesn't happen for next year's Blaze so we can dance all night if we want to!

Oh well, no dancing after 2am will probably be good for me, as I'm strictly speaking not allowed to dance at all at the moment...:whistle:

Do you need an extra waffle maker, Franck, to cater for the masses? I can bring one if you want! If not, I shall at least contribute with carrot cake and banana-chocolate cake.:D

Keep fighting!

LM :hug:

Jamie
24th-October-2007, 03:04 AM
Aww! :tears:

Never mind, I'll have chocolate syrup please :D

Caz
24th-October-2007, 07:54 AM
Never mind, I'll have chocolate syrup please :D

:yeah: Chocolate :drool:

David Bailey
24th-October-2007, 04:29 PM
One question - why's it called Blaze? Doesn't sound very Scottish to me, or am I missing something?

(I know, the other Ceroc weekender names are also useless, but you'd imagine that there are many more obviously-Scottish names one could use)

pmjd
24th-October-2007, 04:34 PM
One question - why's it called Blaze? Doesn't sound very Scottish to me, or am I missing something?
Pass

I know, the other Ceroc weekender names are also useless, but you'd imagine that there are many more obviously-Scottish names one could use
Like?:whistle:

Freudian Hips
24th-October-2007, 04:36 PM
Pass

Porridge??

Stuart M
24th-October-2007, 05:00 PM
Clanjamfrey?

Stramash?

Stooshie?

Fling?

Houghmagandy - err maybe not...

ducasi
24th-October-2007, 05:50 PM
Based on the wind and weather theme, maybe something like pirl or (more likely!) dreich.

Gadget
24th-October-2007, 06:00 PM
I think you need to say it with a broad glaswegian accent for it to work :wink:

there is also the term "blazin" which equates to seriously inebriated... hmmm... :what:

Shea
24th-October-2007, 06:06 PM
What do you mean dreich??...it's always sunny in Inverness!! :D

pmjd
24th-October-2007, 06:07 PM
I'll go for Baltic:innocent:

Shea
24th-October-2007, 06:09 PM
Well....OK.
I will be bringing my duvet coat with me to Blaze!!

Jamie
24th-October-2007, 06:25 PM
Woo Hoo! It's nearly FRIDAY!! :D

ShinyWeeStar
24th-October-2007, 07:24 PM
Woo Hoo! It's nearly FRIDAY!! :D
:yeah: Only 2 more sleeps! :clap:

Mezzosoprano
25th-October-2007, 10:42 AM
Oh My!!! 1 SLEEP!!!

Blaze Alert! Blaze Alert!

Must Pack Cases!....note the plural!!

drathzel
25th-October-2007, 11:22 AM
Oh My!!! 1 SLEEP!!!

Blaze Alert! Blaze Alert!

bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy!

Woohoo

Tiggerbabe
25th-October-2007, 11:29 AM
No sleeps! :eek: I'm leaving (hopefully) in an hour and a half.

Sorry D - didn't have time for tablet :tears:

drathzel
25th-October-2007, 11:39 AM
No sleeps! :eek: I'm leaving (hopefully) in an hour and a half.

Sorry D - didn't have time for tablet :tears:

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:
lucky you!!! See you tomorrow!

Dreadful Scathe
25th-October-2007, 12:34 PM
hmm west coast of Scotland in October - Blaze is just a clever name isn't it :)

Mezzosoprano
25th-October-2007, 01:13 PM
hmm west coast of Scotland in October - Blaze is just a clever name isn't it :)

yup - if you own thermals bring 'em!! It ain't gonna be Blazing sunshine that's for sure......

ducasi
25th-October-2007, 01:26 PM
Porridge??
Having had this joke explained to me, I'd just like to say....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That better? :love:

Jamie
25th-October-2007, 02:14 PM
http://www.fjccentral.com/images/smilies/jumpin.gif*bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce* http://www.fjccentral.com/images/smilies/jumpin.gif

WHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :D

jacksondonut
25th-October-2007, 06:15 PM
:hug:See you all tomorrow..

just off to pack the last bits and pieces...:wink: just hope I can carry the bag...:eek::whistle:

everyone have a safe journey and see you all soon..:flower::flower:

lots of luv
Jan

:hug:

ShinyWeeStar
25th-October-2007, 07:39 PM
Phew, glad it's not just me! :D I was writing a list of what to take and thinking there's no way all this is gonna fit in just one bag! :sick:

Travelling light, what's that then? :whistle:

http://www.fjccentral.com/images/smilies/jumpin.gif*bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce* http://www.fjccentral.com/images/smilies/jumpin.gif

WHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :D
Jamie, am lovin' the bouncy smilie - having that thank you, my fellow pogo demon! :clap:

Freudian Hips
25th-October-2007, 07:55 PM
I went to my first weekender in February 2007. it took me four days to pack.

I started an hour ago and have:
Clothes case
Food bag
Shoes bag
Work clothes for Tuesday bag
Two bottles of wine (in case of emergency :wink:) and food blender - for the pumpkin!!
Oh and a pumpkin

Fine art or what!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

To pack tomorrow:
duvet
make up
HAIR STRAIGHTENERS
:D

Keefy
25th-October-2007, 10:01 PM
Just for once I thought I'd pack early for a weekend away, but after a bottle of wine.... awwww... to hell with it :waycool: I think I've got to be at Stansted by about 10 tomorrow morning, not sure, I'll check later... need to book a taxi to the airport at some point as well :what:

I'm sure it will all come together, at the last minute as usual (you should have seen me trying to cram stuff into my tiny car for Breeze :rofl:). By this time tomorrow evening I should be in Scotland, must try to meet up with some of the forumites, must not let the newbie nerves (I'm not good enough :blush::blush:) get to me too much...

Jamie
26th-October-2007, 03:25 AM
Hope you've all brought sweets and chocolate with ya, me and Caz are running round trick or treating everyone!! HAHA SEE YOU IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

drathzel
26th-October-2007, 06:38 AM
Just about to leave, see you at lunch time!!!

Keefy
26th-October-2007, 08:17 AM
Well that's the cab booked, for just over an hours time :eek: All I need now is for my suitcase to enter TARDIS mode :blush:

Beowulf
26th-October-2007, 08:41 AM
Have fun Y'all !!

Sorry Twirly and I won't be there.. we'll be having our own private little weekender in Aberdeen instead ;)

(I'm not good enough :blush::blush:)

OI !! :angry: That's MY catchphrase :wink: :na: :D

Rhythm King
26th-October-2007, 09:22 AM
Packed - at last! :blush: See Y'all later :clap:

Freudian Hips
26th-October-2007, 12:27 PM
Hope you've all brought sweets and chocolate with ya, me and Caz are running round trick or treating everyone!! HAHA SEE YOU IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

I'll save you some pumpkin soup then!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Shea
26th-October-2007, 12:40 PM
That's me - finally getting out of work!!! Ready to hit the road south!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
See you all later!

ducasi
26th-October-2007, 01:09 PM
OK, I guess I need to be ready to leave in about an hour or so... Think I should maybe pack now?

Dreadful Scathe
26th-October-2007, 01:23 PM
OK, I guess I need to be ready to leave in about an hour or so... Think I should maybe pack now?
no, i think you should leave it till the last minute :)

Stuart M
26th-October-2007, 01:27 PM
Didn't your copy of Leopard come with iPack? Awww... :rolleyes:

Jamie
26th-October-2007, 02:03 PM
Just packed and ON MY WAYSSSS! WOOOOOO *BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE*