PDA

View Full Version : Aftermath thread for............

under par
16th-January-2007, 01:05 PM
I attended a really great event that I was so excited about (select option from below).

1. Ceroc Hammersmith with blues room

2. Jive Addiction Southport with blues room

3. Utopia (by Ceroc)

4. Jango Tjive

5 . Ashtons

6. Berko with a blues room

7. other event (name it yourself)

I saw so many people enjoying their dancing at this event...

But I had a terrible time because...... (select reason option below)

1. there was lots of Hotshots there

2. it felt really elitist

3. it seemed so cliquey

4. there was lots of exclusivity about.

5. select own

Now once you have selected a reason please do not offer any evidence to support your choice... that would spoil the effect.

Once you have posted a few times on the thread you could learn to shorten your posts to a couple of numbers, ie: 4-2 is Jango Tjive...it felt really elitist

This will save you time typing and allow you to get on with happier things in your life.

Have fun everyone:kiss:

WittyBird
16th-January-2007, 01:07 PM
Deserves rep :worthy: :rofl:

drathzel
16th-January-2007, 01:09 PM
what if you didnt have a terrible time?

under par
16th-January-2007, 01:11 PM
what if you didnt have a terrible time?

don't post here! Easy!:whistle:

SuzyQ
16th-January-2007, 01:16 PM
Does that mean that you can state your honest opinion and NOT GET BASHED for it?!

Oh no ... the forum police might come after me again ...

stewart38
16th-January-2007, 01:37 PM
Does that mean that you can state your honest opinion and NOT GET BASHED for it?!

Oh no ... the forum police might come after me again ...

Thought we established DJ is the forum whip boy ? :nice:

SuzyQ
16th-January-2007, 01:53 PM
Not my experience

DJ has been a perfect gentleman!:nice:

Tis others who appear to get a kick out of bashing those who had a bad night ... and seem unable to just let it drop!

As for suggesting those who had a bad night made a song and a dance out of it - well you only have to look to see who decided that 2 posts which contained only a couple of lines required an essay length response :whistle:

Oh and even the nastiest things are OK if you follow them by a :flower:

:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

under par
19th-January-2007, 07:06 PM
7 and 5 yeuk!

fletch
20th-January-2007, 10:35 AM
Ok not sure i'm doing it right :what:

Off to Chester tonight its a new one for me let you know tomorrow :clap:

Andy McGregor
20th-January-2007, 01:10 PM
I'd like to be an exclusive, elitist hotshot - I might let you join my clique, then again, I'm so exclusive, I might stay the only member :innocent:

DianaS
20th-January-2007, 03:49 PM
UP you've missed
I'd never been seen dancing in X, the standards so low people dance with ANYONE:innocent:

rubyred
21st-January-2007, 03:12 AM
Chester

Absolutely brilliant night, the music was fantastic and it was so good to see other formurites whom I've not seen there before, that is Fletch,:flower: Dai, :flower: Tortoise :flower: and Oxo.:cheers: It was lovely to meet you Jiveme :flower: and I hope you do venture into the blues room at Southport!!!!. Dai what can I say you are one of the best female leads ever, thank you for my dances they were brilliant. Thank you to all the lovely men who danced with me and of course Blue Shoes who is just always amazing. :clap:

fletch
21st-January-2007, 09:18 AM
Chester

My first time at this venue, and it was lovely, I was met at the door with a lovely warm Northern greeting, thanks Steve. lovely dance to.:flower:

It was nice to see familiar faces from Stockport and Nantwich.

I loved the music after what seems like ages of slow stuff it was nice to get a good mix and of cause 'up North' we got Mowtown.:worthy:

I had some new discoveries, Nathan, WOW! at 6ft 10" I could still look up to you in heals, fab footwork, Mike 'red trousers' fab, i'm going to try and get more than one at Knutsford next week.:respect:

Keith, thank you for understanding, i'm not a refuser really.:blush: :wink:

Jive Me I hope you make it to Knutfsord it will be a good start to Southport, and lovely to meet you.:hug:

Thank you to my fellow forumties RubyRed, Tortoise, Dai, OXO'S, BlueShoes, for been such good company.:flower:

SuzyQ
21st-January-2007, 12:05 PM
Chester

I had some new discoveries, Nathan, WOW! at 6ft 10" I could still look up to you in heals, fab footwork, Mike 'red trousers' fab, i'm going to try and get more than one at Knutsford next week.:respect:

Lemme at him ....

jive_me
21st-January-2007, 06:01 PM
Chester was a great night! It was so lovely to meet some more forumites especially Fletch who was a 'mother hen' and introduced me to everyone :flower: Some wonderful dances. Having not seen Nathan for 4 weeks I'm sure he's gotten taller :what: I like the Blues room at Southport so no doubt you'll see me there

xXx:flower:

Gus
21st-January-2007, 08:53 PM
Lemme at him ....Ahem ... you may want to get permission from Lisa, his g/f first, if your intentions aren't honourable :wink:

SteveK
22nd-January-2007, 01:03 PM
But I had a terrible time because...... (select reason option below)

1. there was lots of Hotshots there

2. it felt really elitist

3. it seemed so cliquey

4. there was lots of exclusivity about.

5. select own

6. There were too many women over/not enough women over...

Really think this option should be included, based on the comments on here about some of the big christmas events such as the Ashtons B&W ball.

SuzyQ
22nd-January-2007, 01:48 PM
Ahem ... you may want to get permission from Lisa, his g/f first, if your intentions aren't honourable :wink:

Haha ... intentions honourable indeed (aren't they always ;)) ... only after him for his arms!

SuzyQ

Sheepman
22nd-January-2007, 02:07 PM
... only after him for his arms! Why?
I didn't think you were armless! :blush:

Greg

fletch
22nd-January-2007, 02:42 PM
Haha ... intentions honourable indeed (aren't they always ;)) ... only after him for his arms!

SuzyQ

oooo you big fibber,:na: I bet you would love to go out in a pair of high heals and still be able to look up to a man, as so would I :respect:

Why?
I didn't think you were armless! :blush:

Greg

Greg, when you are tall men bash you about the head cos they don't seem to be able to stretch over, and fluff you hair so it looks like a birds nest. :(

LMC
28th-January-2007, 10:14 PM
This thread is too good to let die...

So.

7 (HMS President)

5 (3 reasons: too cold to dance on deck, the water in the ladies was f***ing FREEZING, there isn't anything else to whine about)

Blah blah luvvie luvvie: great last minute decision to take Lynn to the boat, nice to catch up with Twirly and good to put a face to Jhutch's name (sorry the track wasn't a good one but enjoyed the dance :flower: ). I'll getcha another time Jammie :D

Over and out.