PDA

View Full Version : Who's attending what on weekend 19/20/21 Jan 2007?

robd
15th-January-2007, 10:24 PM
Another week, another poll.

If it's not listed, give details and a kind moderator may add it for you.

Tiggerbabe
15th-January-2007, 10:25 PM
Erm? 3rd Time lucky? :hug:

robd
15th-January-2007, 10:32 PM
I know. Too much wine does not an easy posting make. At least I remembered the scottish options :flower:

wayaay bird
15th-January-2007, 10:37 PM
Chiswick on saturday!

Tiggerbabe
15th-January-2007, 10:47 PM
At least I remembered the scottish options :flower:You did indeed :hug: and Aberdeen is where I'll be :D

robd
15th-January-2007, 10:54 PM
Chiswick on saturday!

Whoops! :blush:

Who's DJing there? Can Jamie tell us?

wayaay bird
15th-January-2007, 10:55 PM
Not sure, i'll try and find out for you.

wayaay bird
15th-January-2007, 10:59 PM
.. Annette and Dale.

TheTramp
16th-January-2007, 12:53 AM
You did indeed :hug: and Aberdeen is where I'll be :D

Me too... :D

Bluey
16th-January-2007, 03:24 AM
BIG Saturday- Ashtead - two dance halls

Minnie M
16th-January-2007, 08:30 AM
BIG Saturday- Ashtead - two dance halls

:yeah: :clap: :yeah:
Went there last month with Northants Girly and Dangerous Curves and had a fab fab fabby time (saw lots of forumites there too):yeah: :clap:

JiveLad
16th-January-2007, 10:04 AM
Please note - there is a freestyle on Stevenage on Saturday the 20th. I believe Jon Brett is spinning.

Can that be added to the poll (I guess I will be the only forumite going!).:nice:

fletch
16th-January-2007, 10:18 AM
i'm going to Chester on Saturday :clap:

Top Bird
16th-January-2007, 10:20 AM

Moi aussi. I'll save a dance for you, or more if you are lucky.:wink:

Top Bird
16th-January-2007, 10:23 AM

Must be too early in the morning, misread your post saying you were in Aberdeen and had Chiswick in my head, so Chiswick is where I will be.

jivecat
16th-January-2007, 10:31 AM
Evesham on Friday if I'm feeling strong enough.

Tango musicality course Sat/Sun daytime

Milonga on Sat night

Smooth jive/blues Tea dance at Beeston nr Nottingham on Sunday afternoon. Perhaps a kind moderator could add that one?

sidney
16th-January-2007, 10:46 AM
For me Coventry fri as I don't want to travel far on fridays after work, and maybe Notts sat see how I feel.:)

tsh
16th-January-2007, 10:56 AM
Please note - there is a freestyle on Stevenage on Saturday the 20th. I believe Jon Brett is spinning.

Can that be added to the poll (I guess I will be the only forumite going!).:nice:

I might go if nothing more exciting comes up, and i'm really bored...

robd
16th-January-2007, 11:20 AM
.. Annette and Dale.

Interesting. I enjoyed Dale's music at Breeze so this could be worth a look.

Could a kind moderator add Chiswick to the poll please? :flower:

{Stevenage} - I might go if nothing more exciting comes up, and i'm really bored...

I'm sure the good folks of Stevenage are waiting with baited breath for your decision :rolleyes:

TheTramp
16th-January-2007, 12:02 PM
Must be too early in the morning, misread your post saying you were in Aberdeen and had Chiswick in my head, so Chiswick is where I will be.

:what:

mikeyr
16th-January-2007, 01:06 PM

You can save a dance for me then....... or more if I am good:wink: :devil:

WittyBird
16th-January-2007, 01:08 PM

Just the one then eh :whistle: :blush: :wink:

MartinHarper
16th-January-2007, 01:12 PM
Fri - Utopia Evesham
Sat - board games with some friends
Sun - Duke's Place: Lindy nr Cheltenham

Jamie
16th-January-2007, 01:36 PM
Just the one then eh :whistle: :blush: :wink:

How many are we having baby? XXX

WittyBird
16th-January-2007, 01:40 PM
How many are we having baby? XXX

As many as you want sweetie :D

Top Bird
16th-January-2007, 02:15 PM

At least I appreciate how good you are Mike,:respect: so definitely more than 1, in fact as many as possible

WittyBird
16th-January-2007, 02:45 PM
At least I appreciate how good you are Mike,:respect: le

I always thought he was very very bad :wink:

Dance Demon
16th-January-2007, 02:57 PM
I'll be DJing the whole night at Route 66 in Edinburgh........My last one. I'm giving it up to concentrate on Red Hot & Blue, with a new music policy :cool:

SuzyQ
16th-January-2007, 03:01 PM
Not dancing - sore foot.

Think the Oxford do on 19th looks good and would go if I could do anything other than hobble!

Party to go to on Saturday with Almost an Angel and Modchick (;))

Have fun everyone!

SuzyQ

Gentabout
16th-January-2007, 06:02 PM
Probally going to drive up to Ashtons to give it a go, starting to like travelling to different venues to see what is going on. Might even drag Frankie along again to make up for my woefull skills.

Is it a ticketed night and how busy does it get?

Gent

Lee Bartholomew
16th-January-2007, 08:36 PM
Thinking of making the 150 odd mile round trip to Cricklewood this friday.

What I really want to know is......

Well just read the poll.

WittyBird
16th-January-2007, 08:40 PM
It's 16th today I think you mean 19th

No I won't be there. I will be at Utopia
There is already a thread about this :cool:

Double Trouble
16th-January-2007, 08:41 PM
I'll be there....what other reason do you need? Well worth the journey.:D

Lee Bartholomew
16th-January-2007, 08:55 PM
I'll be there....what other reason do you need? Well worth the journey.:D

Im on my way :yum:

ducasi
16th-January-2007, 09:16 PM
There is already a thread about this :cool:
I've merged woodface's thread into this one. :)

Sheepman
16th-January-2007, 10:34 PM
The "Twin freestyle" at Oxford has been mentioned for Friday 19th, but it's not on the list...
It seems like a group of Westies will be heading up there, so I'll try and give them what they want.

Greg

WittyBird
16th-January-2007, 10:35 PM
The "Twin freestyle" at Oxford has been mentioned for Friday 19th, but it's not on the list...
It seems like a group of Westies will be heading up there, so I'll try and give them what they want.

Greg

Please give us details :D

Sheepman
16th-January-2007, 10:51 PM
OK, probably best to check the Jiveplus (http://www.jiveplus.com/) website for details, basically it's 4 hours of freestyle at the Rover Club. Roman Way, Horspath Rd, Cowley, Oxford, OX4 6NL. Nigel in the Emperor Ballroom, me in the Empress Ballroom, £10 on the door

Greg

pawplay
17th-January-2007, 02:29 PM
Fri - Utopia Evesham

Need tickets now....got mine!!:clap:

fletch
17th-January-2007, 02:38 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

it was touch and go but I WILL be there :cheers:

Rocky
17th-January-2007, 05:33 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

it was touch and go but I WILL be there :cheers:

You better be, I'm coming all the way up from the Big Smoke just to dance with you...:wink:

Cruella
17th-January-2007, 05:48 PM
You better be, I'm coming all the way up from the Big Smoke just to dance with you...:wink:
Do i get one too?

Me too. :clap:

Rocky
17th-January-2007, 07:00 PM
Do i get one too?

You're a bit scarey, but OK - but hang on a minute...I dance with you ALL the time down here...

TheTramp
17th-January-2007, 07:15 PM
You're a bit scarey, but OK - but hang on a minute...I dance with you ALL the time down here...

Poor Rocky.

Or is that, poor Cruella? :whistle:

Rocky
17th-January-2007, 07:35 PM
Poor Rocky.

Or is that, poor Cruella? :whistle:

Poor Cruella... she's already experienced every single one of my 7 moves many times over.

Maybe I could pick her up and start swinging her around my head - now that would be 'legendary'....:whistle:

Cruella
17th-January-2007, 08:09 PM

Oh sorry, you misunderstood me. I was asking Fletch! :na:

TheTramp
17th-January-2007, 09:56 PM
Poor Cruella... she's already experienced every single one of my 7 moves many times over.

Maybe I could pick her up and start swinging her around my head - now that would be 'legendary'....:whistle:

Not to mention blooming impressive! :flower:

Bluey
18th-January-2007, 12:36 AM
:yeah: :clap: :yeah:
Went there last month with Northants Girly and Dangerous Curves and had a fab fab fabby time (saw lots of forumites there too):yeah: :clap:

HI I SEE TWO OTHER VENUES HAVE BEEN ADDED SINCE POLL STARTED.

will Ashtead Sat 20th be going on too??

under par
19th-January-2007, 09:42 AM
:yeah: Well after a shift swap or two I have got the evening free:yeah: and will be taking Mrs Par to listen to Sheepman and Nigel on the decks at Oxford:cheers:

Last time we went to Oxford Mrs Par won the main raffle prize ... will cross my fingers :whistle:

Anyone going?

Cruella
19th-January-2007, 09:44 AM
:Anyone going?

We'll be just up the road at Utopia, Sorry Paul. :flower:

under par
19th-January-2007, 10:14 AM
We'll be just up the road at Utopia, Sorry Paul. :flower:

Yeah considered Utopia but 5 hours of driving there and back was too much so just the 3 and half to Oxford for me tonight.... my poor old car:whistle:

fletch
19th-January-2007, 10:15 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

now let me think how may have I saved up :wink:

You're a bit scarey, but OK ..

thats just the laugh :na:

:

oooo good I will be able to keep up with you,:eek: can you try and make me look good Rocky:wink:

Oh sorry, you misunderstood me. I was asking Fletch! :na:

any time honey :flower:

Miguel
19th-January-2007, 05:50 PM
It's not listed but I'm going to a new Ceroc venue in Brighton (actually), Sunday 21st. http://www.cerocfever.com/

fletch
19th-January-2007, 05:57 PM
It's not listed but I'm going to a new Ceroc venue in Brighton (actually), Sunday 21st. http://www.cerocfever.com/

Lets hope not to many people get reffused :wink:

Miguel
19th-January-2007, 06:06 PM
Lets hope not to many people get reffused :wink:

You're very naughty. Pity you can't come, neaver mind. :kiss:

fletch
19th-January-2007, 06:42 PM
You're very naughty. Pity you can't come, neaver mind. :kiss:

:wink: :na:

MartinHarper
20th-January-2007, 02:27 AM
Utopia thoughts:
Some good dance(r)s.
Free water.
Floor was nice and fast.
About the right number of people for the space.
Good fans and other cooling.
Would have been nice to set the speakers back a bit from the floor.

Music was mostly good. Sadly, a couple songs had as much room for musical interpretation as a metronome. It was like the composer had decided to mark the even beats with a loud clicking sound, then lost interest and moved on to other projects. Click-click music is not more musical than thump-thump music.

Jamie
20th-January-2007, 12:00 PM
I had a wicked night at Evesham last night, thanks Witty & Cruella for helping me get there ok!

Had some great dances, loved the music, was right up my street on that one! Only thing was took me 2 n 3/4 hours to get there!! LOL

Floor was fantastic, love those types of floors, nice and slippy.. perfect for west coast.. of which I had loads of dances with different forumites, thanks for those!

Can't wait for the next one!

Whoop.

OXO'S
20th-January-2007, 12:15 PM
your comment on the musical interpretation was due to the fact that there was an announcement made after the class that 15 mins past the hour two fast tracks would be played and was announced by both djs when this happened.

TheTramp
20th-January-2007, 12:22 PM
your comment on the musical interpretation was due to the fact that there was an announcement made after the class that 15 mins past the hour two fast tracks would be played and was announced by both djs when this happened.

I didn't read it as a comment on the fast tracks. Just a couple of tracks at some point in the night that Martin really didn't like!

OXO'S
20th-January-2007, 12:42 PM
Perhaps i misunderstood point taken:respect:

MartinHarper
20th-January-2007, 05:18 PM

Actually, I liked the pairs of faster tracks, which, as you say, were well announced, and I didn't feel they were any less interesting musically than the regular tracks. I don't know whether it worked for the room as a whole, but I liked the mental break.

under par
21st-January-2007, 02:29 PM
Oxford twin room night Friday 19th.

Mrs Par and I attended the event on Friday.... what a little gem of an evening.

it wasn't really too busy and the main room had Nigel Anderson djing modern music early followed by bluesy stuff to the majority of the dancers. Then we had a second room with Sheepman playing WCS and blusey stuff.

I enjoyed dancing in both rooms although spent more in second room with Sheepy

This often only had 12 to 16 people dancing ... loads of room and lots of chilled tracks to play about with ......and some ace forumites there too ...

it was nice when lots of locals popped their heads into the room to observe and were grabbed up to dance. How many of them said "I've only danced ceroc before!!" as they were lead out onto the floor just wasn't worth counting but all seemed to have enjoyed dancing slower funkier dances.

Sheepman and I enjoyed a dance towards the end when there wasn't enough ladies:respect: you followed great:worthy:

Mrs Par had loads of helpful one to one tuition in WCS with several really lovely westies... THANKYOU guys and gals:hug: :clap:

lovely night all in all although could have done with a few more dancers.

Would venture to Oxford again if they put on a second room.:clap: :clap: Well done to Coralie and jive+

TheTramp
22nd-January-2007, 02:23 AM
Had a great time at the Aberdeen t-dance, with some lovely dances :flower:

tsh
22nd-January-2007, 03:34 PM
I made it to Oxford too, but I was very disappointed by Nigel's collection of 'Tracks played every week at all 500 modern jive venues' and '10 favourite swing tracks to play at MJ'. I guess they were at least danceable tracks, but not inspiring, or blues. I wasn't the only one to mention the repetition of some tracks either.

The music in the WCS room was great though, and some great dances.

Sean

Sheepman
22nd-January-2007, 03:41 PM
Sheepman and I enjoyed a dance towards the end when there wasn't enough ladies:respect: you followed great:worthy: And :respect: to you to sir! I had no idea what I was doing for most of that dance, but I think the :D on my face said it all!

I had a great weekend, with dances every night. Ashtead on Saturday was an excellent night, my first time there for just dancing, and I can see why it is there was such a long queue to get in.
Greg

under par
23rd-January-2007, 02:39 AM
I made it to Oxford too, but I was very disappointed by Nigel's collection of 'Tracks played every week at all 500 modern jive venues' and '10 favourite swing tracks to play at MJ'. I guess they were at least danceable tracks, but not inspiring, or blues. I wasn't the only one to mention the repetition of some tracks either.

The music in the WCS room was great though, and some great dances.

Sean

With so few people in there and I don't know who you are .... please if you see a 6'8" idiot dancing somewhere .. please say hello... :blush:

Jamie
23rd-January-2007, 02:45 AM
We haven't danced yet UP! I'll look out for you at Southport! Not that you're hard to miss...! :waycool:

under par
23rd-January-2007, 03:05 AM
We haven't danced yet UP! I'll look out for you at Southport! Not that you're hard to miss...! :waycool:

See you there... looking forward to more than the six male followers I lead at last Southport which I believe is about 10 sleeps away:whistle:

Jamie
23rd-January-2007, 03:20 AM
WHOOP 10 SLEEPS!!

I'm looking to be lead by as many people as possible!! I had lots at Camber, want MORE at SP!! HEHE

Cruella
23rd-January-2007, 09:08 AM
Beginning to wonder if there's any point in us ladies going dancing anymore. :whistle:

under par
23rd-January-2007, 10:41 AM
Beginning to wonder if there's any point in us ladies going dancing anymore. :whistle:
:na: :na: :na: :na:

tsh
23rd-January-2007, 10:46 AM
With so few people in there and I don't know who you are .... please if you see a 6'8" idiot dancing somewhere .. please say hello... :blush:

OK, I think I might recognise you now... Will say hi at Southport.

Sean

TheTramp
23rd-January-2007, 11:08 AM
OK, I think I might recognise you now...

Yeah. You can't really miss him! :yum:

Gentabout
23rd-January-2007, 01:48 PM
Well Frankie, Rentaghost and I all rocked up to Ashton's last Friday night and despite a slow start i think we all had a great time.

Was great to wander over and ask forum ladies for a dance once i had worked out who they were before introducing myself. Troubles face was a picture when i asked "would you like a dance Trouble" took the whole track before i let on who i was. Although i think DT's way of introducing her self to me was somewhat different, if only us guys could get away with doing the same :respect: :respect: :drool:. Had many many great dances with lots of forumites, can not remember all there names though, but thanks go to Lory Dizzy? DT and Trouble, Frankie and Rentaghost and any one else i forgot, for all helping make the evening fun.

Looking forward more and more to Camber now that i know more people to terrorise around the dance floor.

Gent

I am sure we will come back to scare you all again at some point, just a shame it is such a long drive.

Jamie
23rd-January-2007, 05:48 PM

Nope, no point at all... well ladies who lead are welcome to stay... :love:

:rofl:

Frankie_4711
23rd-January-2007, 07:23 PM
Well Frankie, Rentaghost and I all rocked up to Ashton's last Friday night and despite a slow start i think we all had a great time.

(snip)

Looking forward more and more to Camber now that i know more people to terrorise around the dance floor.

Gent

I am sure we will come back to scare you all again at some point, just a shame it is such a long drive.

:yeah:

(snip) Had many many great dances with lots of forumites can not remember all there names though, but thanks go to Lory Dizzy? DT and Trouble, Frankie and Rentaghost and any one else i forgot, for all helping make the evening fun.(snip)

From my side, thanks to RobD, ESG and Gent (and any others I've forgotten/didn't recognise/didn't find out who they were!) for the dances and to Lory and Dizzy for taking the time to say Hi :hug: .

Loved the music too - although I wouldn't say every track was great, I do enjoy dancing to something a bit different - our local venues tend to play mostly the same tunes week in week out and from one to another, so going further afield makes that difference too (plus I got to dance to one of my fave tracks - Dusty Springfield's version of Spooky :drool: - for the first time since Breeze ... or was it Bliss? :confused: I get confused so easily in my old age!).

Looking forward to going again ...

Bluey
25th-January-2007, 05:00 PM
I had a great weekend, with dances every night. Ashtead on Saturday was an excellent night, my first time there for just dancing, and I can see why it is there was such a long queue to get in.
Greg

yes it was really active and great music in both rooms, couldnt decide which one to stay in!! Good to see a few other well known faces there too on their 1st visit and raving about the LeRoc club. Next ones their Valentine dance 10th Feb, you can pre buy tickets but they keep a fair number back so dont worry you can buy on the door if you get there early you miss the queue too, why when they say the cut off point for reserved tickets (its to stop apparently people who reserve who dont show, to give dancers waiting the extra chance of getting in rather than being turned away) is ending, everyone turns up at last moment causing those ques but also miss great Music, Nice to know you playing on the night too.
Love the 3rd hall for chilling in and enjoyed those cakes & coffee, fab, glad I got in too before the mad rush! Love it!!

Whats on this weekend in the South??

Lory
2nd-December-2014, 05:55 PM
OMG! I picked Random Thread and this came up! I'm all melancholy now! :sad:

drathzel
2nd-December-2014, 06:01 PM
:yeah:

jivecat
2nd-December-2014, 08:37 PM

OMG, what a blast from the past. The notification just fell into my inbox. Hope you're OK Lory, been thinking about you.