PDA

View Full Version : Vonney's Charity Ball Friday 2/3/07

Vonney
15th-January-2007, 12:34 PM
Hi Guys,

Wanted to let you know that I am hosting a Fundraising Ball on Friday 2/3/07 at the Station Hotel in Ellon (a mere 16 miles north of Aberdeen).

A great excuse to put your Gladrags & dancing shoes on for a good cause!

Tickets are £10.00 each which will include:-

5 hours of dancing (7.30p.m. - 12.30a.m.)
Music by DJ Sheena 'Tiggerbabe'
Stovies
Raffle Prizes
And the warm fuzzy feeling you will get knowing that you are helping a Charity whilst having a great time!

As some of you may already know I am taking part in a Sponsored Trip to Everest Base Camp (17,000ft) in April & with a ittle bit of support hope to raise as much funds for CLAN House in Aberdeen as I can.

My mum was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2004 & since then has used CLAN House to meet people in a similar situation, get treatments & use their medical library to help educate herself aswell as the rest of us.

Basically I can't speak highly enough of this charity which is why i'm putting on my walking boots to raise funds.

If anyone is interested in buying tickets or wants more info then please PM me.
There is a Dundee party on the next evening for anyone wanting to make a weekend of it & i'm sure for anyone travelling accommodation can be sorted out too.

My sponsor site if anyone is kind enough to make a donation is:- www.justgiving.com/vonney

Thanks in advance,

Yvonne x

Yliander
15th-January-2007, 08:29 PM
Good luck :hug:

TheTramp
15th-January-2007, 08:38 PM
Hope it all goes well. Sorry again that I couldn't DJ - though I'm sure that Sheena will be fabulous.

Will be thinking of you while I'm at Storm! :yum:

Mr Fitz
16th-January-2007, 01:35 AM
Hiya Vonney,

Really looking forward to it, me and Louise will be there. Good luck on the fundraising effort,

Big hugs, Brian:hug:

cheeks
16th-January-2007, 01:56 AM
Hey Babes,

Looks like could be a busy month...if I can manage to persuade someone to give me lift etc I'll be there honey......so fingers crossed!

Give me a shout if there is anything I can do fundraising wise to babe as am back at college so plenty people to target for raffles etc .................I could also volunteer my services doing reflexology or massages etc to raise more money if would help just pm if any use hun!

:hug: :kiss: :hug:

Pauline :flower:

Vonney
16th-January-2007, 02:09 PM
Thanks guys,

Pauline - will let you know once I get tickets sold if anyone is travelling up from your neck of the woods as would be fab to have you there.
Desperately trying to get raffle prizes organised but once I do will send off some tickets to you to flog - thanks!

Brian - look forward to seeing you there - thanks.

Steve - thanks for the offer to DJ but i'm sure you'll have fun at Storm!

Megan - Hope you are well & thanks for good luck!

Yvonne x

Caro
17th-January-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi Vonney,

what a great initiative. I'll be there!
see you soon

Caro :hug:

cheeks
18th-January-2007, 02:31 AM
Thanks guys,

Pauline - will let you know once I get tickets sold if anyone is travelling up from your neck of the woods as would be fab to have you there.
Desperately trying to get raffle prizes organised but once I do will send off some tickets to you to flog - thanks!
Yvonne x

Thanks babe! No probs on the tickets front just let me know as soon as you get raffles sorted!

Have an idea on that front to so will pm you!

Hugs

Vonney
26th-January-2007, 02:28 PM
Thanks babe! No probs on the tickets front just let me know as soon as you get raffles sorted!

Have an idea on that front to so will pm you!

Hugs

Have now got some fab raffle prizes organised including a digital camera, palm top computer thingy, meal vouchers, massages, private dance lessons, signed football shirts....

The list goes on.

Are you at the Beach Ballroom Pauline? Can give you raffle tickets then if ok?

Can't wait to see everyone dressed up too!

cheeks
26th-January-2007, 02:49 PM
Have now got some fab raffle prizes organised including a digital camera, palm top computer thingy, meal vouchers, massages, private dance lessons, signed football shirts....

The list goes on.

Are you at the Beach Ballroom Pauline? Can give you raffle tickets then if ok?

Can't wait to see everyone dressed up too!

Hey babes,

Some fab raffle prizes......:clap:

Thats perfect babe......Yes wouldn't miss it will prob only be up for the parties but will be there!

Pauline. :flower:

cheeks
19th-February-2007, 12:38 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering and trying to do a bit of forward planning for once :whistle:

Is anyway travelling from Dundee or there abouts for event........that would like some company on the journey (will be fab night , also happy to share fuel costs!)

(Already got a few names from Lisa thanks babe, so fingers crossed)

Ps. Vonney still happy to sell some raffles at this end so will pm and sort out getting them down ...you can give them to Lorna if easier as would see her at her Brechin class on a Friday if that any good.:hug:

Pauline:flower:

Tiggerbabe
19th-February-2007, 05:13 PM
I'll be there - should have room in my car for one passenger :D

Vonney
19th-February-2007, 05:21 PM
Can't quite believe it is only a week on Friday now!

Have sold about 70 tickets so far with a mix of dancers, friends, family & work colleagues & am looking forward to it.

People travelling from London & Glasgow too & am so humbled by everyones support - all i've got to do in return is get myself to 17,000ft in a couple of months time - seems fair!

Will PM you Pauline ref Raffle Tickets.

Need to know final numbers this week to let the Hotel know how many big a pot of Stovies they need so anyone wantng to go get in touch!

Thanks again,

Yvonne x

Husky_Cat
19th-February-2007, 11:08 PM
Oooh just spotted this, am very tempted by this as it be great to return to my hometown lol .. (yes i lived in Ellon for 14 years and lived about 5 to 8 mins walk away fae station hotel) ... it is very tempting.. will have to look at my finances and see if ma dear dad would put me up for the night ... oooh dilemma dilemma.

:confused:

cheeks
20th-February-2007, 12:40 AM
I'll be there - should have room in my car for one passenger :D

would be greatly appreciated if you could squeeze me in baby :D

Tiggerbabe
20th-February-2007, 12:52 AM
Done :D

cheeks
20th-February-2007, 09:55 AM
Done :D

:yeah:

Thankyou babe!

Perfect transport sorted, ticket reserved for definate(:wink: Vonney)

Now what to wear........:whistle:

:flower:

Vonney
20th-February-2007, 02:20 PM
Oooh just spotted this, am very tempted by this as it be great to return to my hometown lol .. (yes i lived in Ellon for 14 years and lived about 5 to 8 mins walk away fae station hotel) ... it is very tempting.. will have to look at my finances and see if ma dear dad would put me up for the night ... oooh dilemma dilemma.

:confused:

Hi,

Would be great to have you there so let me know & I can reserve you a ticket.

The more the merrier!

Yvonne

Vonney
26th-February-2007, 05:14 PM
Hi All,

Party countdown has now begun ....4 days & counting.
Looks like we will have about 80 people on Friday but still room for anyone else who is at a loose end on Friday.

I'm at dancing on Tuesday & Thursday this week & mum will be there on Wednesday so you can still get tickets.

Thanks for the support so far...

Yvonne x

Piglet
26th-February-2007, 06:08 PM
Really sorry I won't be able to be there Vonney due to having an accident last week - signed off work til the end of this week at the very least.

Will definitely donate to your fund though.

Have a fabulous night :hug: Best wishes :flower:

Vonney
27th-February-2007, 11:24 AM
Hi Pamela,

Really sorry to hear you've had an accident - hope to see you back at dancing soon.

Thank you so much for the donation!

Looking forward to Friday now ... 3 sleeps to go (or in my case 3 lack of sleeps to go)!

Yvonne x

cheeks
3rd-March-2007, 04:33 PM
Well Done Yvonne!

What a fantastic night!

:respect: :respect: :respect:

And I'm sure everyone else will agree you should be so proud babes.....

Hugs to Sheena for the fab music that entertained everyone......:clap:

Took all the dancers little bit of time to remember what muggle dancing was :whistle: and to stop expecting someone else to lead.....:wink: but I think everyone managed to master it in the end........:whistle: Mr Fitz :waycool: I'm sure you used to secretly dance around to Wham! :worthy: so come on own up who did you pretend to be George or Andrew......? :rolleyes:

Even the Cha Cha Slide.....:rofl: went down a treat so glad there was no camera's around for that mind you .......:eek:

:hug: to Tiggerbabe for making room for me in car! and to everyone else who made it such a fab night......:respect:

Vonney
5th-March-2007, 10:38 AM
Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all who helped make Friday night a success.

Sheena - Fab music as ever & thanks for all your help!
Pauline - You truly are a superstar! Thanks for all your help with raffles & just for being you.

Last but not least to all the people who attended, donated raffles or bought raffle tickets - THANK YOU! You made the night!!

Total raised through ticket & raffle sales confirmed at an amazing £1475!!!

Much love,

Yvonne x