PDA

View Full Version : Berko tonight!

under par
14th-January-2007, 05:23 PM
Anyone else up for a 3rd consecutive night of blues?

Berko has a great room on Sunday evenings, so who is going to join Mrs Par and I?? :yeah: :clap: :clap:

stewart38
15th-January-2007, 01:20 PM
Anyone else up for a 3rd consecutive night of blues?

Berko has a great room on Sunday evenings, so who is going to join Mrs Par and I?? :yeah: :clap: :clap:

Very crowded again a result of its own success

Has to be the way forward for some other venues ?

Had a better night week before but its still good. OXO played a good set

Got a bit cold in there towards the end (blues room) maybe explained why the numbers drifted off a bit in there

Double Trouble
15th-January-2007, 01:28 PM
It was my first night at Berko last night.

I had a really nice time. It was busy, but the crowd were friendly and there wasnt to much shoving and space hogging. Loved the blues room.

Stewart..I tried to grab you but you managed to get away from me again. I'll get you at Ashtons on Friday.....i dont give up that easily.:D

under par
15th-January-2007, 04:10 PM
Had a better night week before but its still good. OXO played a good set

nice to see you there S38:cheers: ... and big hand for OXO played some blinding tracks really chilled out after weekends exertions.:worthy:

stewart38
15th-January-2007, 04:31 PM
It was my first night at Berko last night.

I had a really nice time. It was busy, but the crowd were friendly and there wasnt to much shoving and space hogging. Loved the blues room.

Stewart..I tried to grab you but you managed to get away from me again. I'll get you at Ashtons on Friday.....i dont give up that easily.:D

You must have hidden well i didnt see you :what:

WittyBird
15th-January-2007, 04:32 PM
Gutted I missed it, I love Berko :D

JiveLad
15th-January-2007, 05:22 PM
Gutted I missed it, I love Berko :D

As Berko nights go, it was good, not great. You can of course read about it in the (deep cough with hand over mouth and slight whisper) m.e.b.

Tonight calls for a visit to the place where I know I can more eaily learn Intermediate moves, where there is space on the floor to let yourself be expansive (?) and just............DanceYourselfDizzy.:clap:

WittyBird
15th-January-2007, 05:25 PM
As Berko nights go, it was good, not great. You can of course read about it in the (deep cough with hand over mouth and slight whisper) m.e.b.

Why would I want to do that?

mick s
15th-January-2007, 05:29 PM
I thought it was pretty quiet. Guess most people can not manage three nights in a row.

I am on my third tonight would have been four if I had made it to Utopia.

Wonder what the record is for dancing nights in a row.

Could be a poll coming!

stewart38
15th-January-2007, 05:42 PM
I thought it was pretty quiet. Guess most people can not manage three nights in a row.

There was barely room to move , which Berko did you go to :sick:

JiveLad
15th-January-2007, 05:49 PM

I am on my third tonight would have been four if I had made it to Utopia.

Wonder what the record is for dancing nights in a row.

Could be a poll coming!

I think someone mentioned last year they did 46 in a row.

Tonight will be 6 out of 7 for me. My record is 8 in a row.

mick s
15th-January-2007, 05:52 PM
There was barely room to move , which Berko did you go to :sick:

Clearly we have different levels of tolerance, blues room had about 10 couples when I went in.

Anyway, I was thinking of quality rather than quantity.

JiveLad
15th-January-2007, 05:53 PM
Why would I want to do that?

I don't know - except that when I was a beginner, you helped me a lot, especially with your enthusiasm - even when I was so obviously crap. Sometimes the taxis don't realise what an important influence they can have on beginners.

For me, you and 2 other taxis at St. Albans really helped shaped my outlook on dance - and got me through some tough weeks in the beginning.

So, thanks.

stewart38
15th-January-2007, 05:58 PM
Clearly we have different levels of tolerance, blues room had about 10 couples when I went in.

Anyway, I was thinking of quality rather than quantity.

yep i can be bump 12 times per hr and then i just dont smile :what:

noted been more crowded , yes blues room started slow got busy then died down again. My 'theory' with all windows open it got too cold in there.

yes seen a better of range of dances there

cant agree the quite comment pretty quite comment but there you go

ill count next time

WittyBird
15th-January-2007, 06:03 PM
For me, you and 2 other taxis at St. Albans really helped shaped my outlook on dance - and got me through some tough weeks in the beginning.

So, thanks.

Well thank you, it's very kind of you to say! You never ask me to dance though :tears:

JiveLad
15th-January-2007, 06:23 PM
Well thank you, it's very kind of you to say! You never ask me to dance though :tears:

Well.........(and there is a genuine upset in my face as I write this - and this is a bit personal)..........I find it quite hard to ask dancers who I know are really good - even though I know I have improved no end.

I just feel like it's not.......going to be good enough - and part of me wants to wait until I get even better......and then it will be a better experience - around the same kind of level.

Maybe it goes back to one experience I had when I was a beginner when I asked in my usual friendly (naive?) way to dance with a really good dancer - and.........well......she just made me feel....worthless.

Speaking to Mick (St. Albans) on Friday after the dance was interesting: he was telling me that he does get worried (probably the wrong word - more like apprehensive) if he is dancing with someone who is well 'above' him - I think he mentioned Nina (I think she is the only one). And Mick is like in the top 5 jivers in the country..........it was a really interesting chat.

Anyway - enough of this blabbering: I will ask you to dance next time I see you. A promise. And thanks again!

Double Trouble
15th-January-2007, 06:23 PM
You must have hidden well i didnt see you :what:

:tears: :tears: I feel rejected :tears: :tears:

I was dancing right next to you....smiling and waving....!

Double trouble starts to get the message.:sad:

robd
15th-January-2007, 06:50 PM
Speaking to Mick (St. Albans) on Friday after the dance was interesting: he was telling me that he does get worried (probably the wrong word - more like apprehensive) if he is dancing with someone who is well 'above' him - I think he mentioned Nina (I think she is the only one). And Mick is like in the top 5 jivers in the country..........it was a really interesting chat.

Mick Wenger?

F**k me, if he gets apprehensive then what hope the rest of us?

I must admit I haven't asked Nina again after having one dance with her in the past. She just felt out of my league (not through any reaction on her part I hasten to add, just my perception) and I want to improve further so I feel I can contribute more to the dance. There are a few other people I have never asked and don't yet feel comfortable to do so. No point naming names but hopefully I'll get past it this year.

JiveLad
15th-January-2007, 06:57 PM
Mick Wenger?

F**k me, if he gets apprehensive then what hope the rest of us?

I must admit I haven't asked Nina again after having one dance with her in the past. She just felt out of my league (not through any reaction on her part I hasten to add, just my perception) and I want to improve further so I feel I can contribute more to the dance. There are a few other people I have never asked and don't yet feel comfortable to do so. No point naming names but hopefully I'll get past it this year.

Yes - Mick Wenger. :respect: He is both a fantastic dancer and teacher. Another big plus for St. Albans.

Spin dryer
15th-January-2007, 08:25 PM
I had my first ever visits to Berkhamsted on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Both were great. Yesterday was my first attendance at the regular night. It's a very happy place and there was an interesting choice of music in both rooms. It was my fourth consecutive night of dancing, and my third of blues, following Utopia and Hammersmith. Think I frightened a few of the locals with some of my more louche moves.

Oh, and there's an excellent fish restaurant ("Eat Fish") just over the road.

TheTramp
16th-January-2007, 01:11 AM
I think someone mentioned last year they did 46 in a row.

:blush:

JiveLad
16th-January-2007, 01:49 AM
I had my first ever visits to Berkhamsted on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Both were great. Yesterday was my first attendance at the regular night. It's a very happy place and there was an interesting choice of music in both rooms. It was my fourth consecutive night of dancing, and my third of blues, following Utopia and Hammersmith. Think I frightened a few of the locals with some of my more louche moves.

Oh, and there's an excellent fish restaurant ("Eat Fish") just over the road.

Yes the Xmas eve at Berko was fantastic (and not as crowded as a regular Sunday) - probably one of the best nights of last year.