PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising Dance 4 Cancer Research UK.

Twinkle Toes
21st-June-2003, 04:20 AM
Yes, I am mad ... ... ... and to prove it, I have signed up for an “Ultimate Challenge” 12 day trek to the Himalayas - in aid of Cancer Research UK.
My first challenge though, is to raise £3000, hence my first Fundraising Dance on Saturday 5th July, 8pm - 1am.
The venue is at Marco’s, Grove Street, Edinburgh, with BTFC DD playing the best in dance music.

I have also arranged for some of your favourite dancers to come along and dance with you all, but since this is for a very worthwhile cause, you will have to pay £1 for the privilege.
Tickets for the event are only £6 and are now on sale. £1 tickets for the dancers can be purchased at the door.

So don’t delay,
Send a PM today,
Support Cancer Research U.K.
And dance the night away.

TT. x :cheers:

Dance Demon
21st-June-2003, 12:02 PM
Way to go TT.......a trek to the Himalayas.....do you get some hunky Sherpas to carry your gear:wink:
Looking foward to DJing this one TT...and the music will suit everyone...promise:innocent:
So come on folks..get out there and get your tickets to aid funds for ...TT's Tibetan Trek..:waycool:

PS...does this mean that I have to pay to dance with my competition winning partner:wink: :rofl:

Twinkle Toes
21st-June-2003, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dance Demon
... do you get some hunky Sherpas to carry your gear:wink:

They do have sherpas, but they only carry some of your gear, but knowing my luck they're bound to be old and wrinkly. :rolleyes:

... does this mean that I have to pay to dance with my competition winning partner :wink: :rofl:

Fortunately, I don't I come into that category. The dancers I have asked are much, much better than I and I'm sure you will have no qualms about spending a £1 on the others. Being fair of course, the ladies are in for a treat as well !!! :drool:

TT x :cheers:

Chicklet
23rd-June-2003, 04:40 PM
Looking forward to this one!!!!

Trying to organise a couple of mystery guests to bring along too.....

But got to ask - if I bring ALL my pocket money and find I can afford to donate more than £1 a dance has the menu of "extras" been published??:devil:

Dance Demon
23rd-June-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet

Trying to organise a couple of mystery guests to bring along too.....

But got to ask - if I bring ALL my pocket money and find I can afford to donate more than £1 a dance has the menu of "extras" been published??:devil:

Tsk...typical woman,.....always looking for a little bit extra:wink:
Never mind Chickie, Ive got a certain little Solomon Burke number reserved for you to dance to:waycool:

Twinkle Toes
24th-June-2003, 01:22 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chicklet

Trust you .... two minutes in the door and your already trying to lead my innocent dancers astray. :rolleyes: :innocent:

...... er ..... actually, there is an a-le-carte menu, but it will cost you at least a fiver just to see it. :yum:

Tip - you'll need to work some overtime this week, these guys don't come cheap. :wink: :drool:

TT x :cheers:

Chicklet
24th-June-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes
trying to lead my innocent dancers astray. :rolleyes: :innocent:

these guys don't come cheap. :wink: :drool:

that was nothing....

...should that be come "cheep" in my case????????:eek: :innocent:

Twinkle Toes
24th-June-2003, 02:05 PM
that was nothing.... ...should that be come "cheep" in my case????????:eek: :innocent:

No, that's chirpy, chirpy, cheep, cheep !!! :rolleyes:
However, I have been informed from one of the dancers ( who shall remain nameless for the mo) and I quote,

you can inform Chickie D the extras menu will be considerably more than even SHE could handle!!

... not sure if this was a promise or a threat, but I'm sure it will be a dream flight to a bird of your stature. :wink: :wink:

TT x :hug:

Grant
24th-June-2003, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Twinkle Toes

... not sure if this was a promise or a threat
[QUOTE]
Sounds more like a challenge to me and I'm sure Chicklet is up to it. Your mystery dancer should be afraid... very afraid.:wink:

Grant

Chicklet
24th-June-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Grant
[QUOTE][i]i Your mystery dancer should be afraid... very afraid.:wink:
Grant

Grant , your spelling is shocking - it's E X C I T E D not A F R A I D:D :eek:

Grant
24th-June-2003, 04:26 PM
Grant , your spelling is shocking
Sorry, still recovering from the weekend. You should have been there Chickie.:D

Grant

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
24th-June-2003, 07:07 PM
TT- who are these mystery dancers?

Twinkle Toes
25th-June-2003, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Basil Brush
TT- who are these mystery dancers?

Ah, that's for me to know and you to find out. All will be revealed -in time.

Will you be wearing your red high heels again ? - I'll donate a fiver if you do. :D

TT x

Chicklet
27th-June-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Never mind Chickie, Ive got a certain little Solomon Burke number reserved for you to dance to:waycool:

Right - we need to organise some kind of signal thing for this - so I can manouver myself into position in plenty of time to be asking the pleasure of someone who can do it justice!!

any ideas??:D

Twinkle Toes
27th-June-2003, 03:16 PM
Right - we need to organise some kind of signal thing for this - so I can manouver myself into position in plenty of time to be asking the pleasure of someone who can do it justice!!

Well, he could always just say that it's going to be the next one played ........ or is that too simple.

:sorry .... I like straight forward, uncomplicated things.

Chicklet
27th-June-2003, 03:21 PM
Well, he could always just say that it's going to be the next one played ........ or is that too simple

you know Baldrick, that might just work!!!!:hug:

Dance Demon
27th-June-2003, 04:18 PM

Weeelllll.............I might just be tempted away from the decks for 2-3 mins.......but you'll have to dance close to them so I can run away to play the next tune in time:D

Twinkle Toes
28th-June-2003, 12:33 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dance Demon
Weeelllll.............I might just be tempted away from the decks for 2-3 mins.......but you'll have to dance close to them so I can run away to play the next tune in time:D

Don't be tempted DD, just do it ...............

.......... that means I can nab BTC Bill. :devil: :yum: :D

Twinkle Toes
30th-June-2003, 01:45 PM
Just an update for the Dance this Saturday:

The smoother than guinness Brady will be doing a fun class from 8pm, along with Wendy from Edinburgh. (That's the tall, dark good looking one - talking about Wendy of course !!!) :D

Something else to look forward to I reckon.

:cheers:
TT x

Lindsay
1st-July-2003, 10:18 AM
Hi TT....

Really looking forward to Sat night, should be a laff!

BTW, Denise thinks it's on Friday night- maybe someone should tell her??

See ya Wed......

Twinkle Toes
1st-July-2003, 11:01 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lindsay
Really looking forward to Sat night, should be a laff!

BTW, Denise thinks it's on Friday night- maybe someone should tell her??

I'll get Neil to point out the date on her ticket. :rolleyes: :D

Looking forward to seeing you too, but when you do the number with the Blues Sisters, will you have more clothes on ? :eek: ... as I get embarrassed very easily. :innocent:

TT x

Dreadful Scathe
1st-July-2003, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lindsay
[B]Looking forward to seeing you too, but when you do the number with the Blues Sisters, will you have more clothes on ? :eek: ... as I get embarrassed very easily. :innocent:

wha? nobody said the Blues Sisters were scantily clad :drool: when? where? etc.. :)

Chicklet
1st-July-2003, 11:37 AM
DS can you please get back into the ladies break thread and finish what you started, Grant is trying to suggest you'll have lovely wee Ruth somewhere about your person and he needs to be told that she'll be at this Do and won't be going up your nonsleeve - all of which will make sense if you have a look.......

Grant
1st-July-2003, 01:02 PM
DS can you please get back into the ladies break thread and finish what you started, Grant is trying to suggest you'll have lovely wee Ruth somewhere about your person and he needs to be told that she'll be at this Do and won't be going up your nonsleeve - all of which will make sense if you have a look.......
i can't believe you read that into what i wrote:what: :really: :devil:

Grant

azande
1st-July-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
wha? nobody said the Blues Sisters were scantily clad :drool: when? where? etc.. :)

That's because you missed their performance at the Swing Riot!

TheTramp
1st-July-2003, 03:39 PM
So. Is there a video then?

At least photos...... :drool:

Steve

Brady
1st-July-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
So. Is there a video then?

At least photos...... :drool:

Steve

I've got video footage of the Blues Sisters, but it's going to cost you big ££££££££!!!!!! Perhaps I'll post a wee preview tomorrow if I get round to it.

Brady

1st-July-2003, 07:26 PM
I have just seen the pictures here (http://boogie.webspace.fish.co.uk/photos6.htm) (but have saved the naked ones for private viewing). What an exhausting weekend- our first experience of boogie-ing, swinging and shagging in the one day! Nice to meet some forum members there too!

Dreadful Scathe
1st-July-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Basil Brush
first experience of boogie-ing, swinging and shagging in the one day!

Reminds me of a joke from 'The Detectives'. "To birdwatchers its a type of bird. To others its a tobacco, to some its a kind of dance. To me its just a remote possibility."

Twinkle Toes
2nd-July-2003, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Reminds me of a joke from 'The Detectives'. "To birdwatchers its a type of bird. To others its a tobacco, to some its a kind of dance. To me its just a remote possibility."

... that's not what I heard !!!:devil:

TT

:hug:

6th-July-2003, 12:32 PM
Well done Twinkle Toes - we had a Ball last night!!! :D :D

Didn't manage to grab you for a dance though- maybe next time!

Twinkle Toes
7th-July-2003, 04:11 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Basil Brush
Well done Twinkle Toes - we had a Ball last night!!! :D :D

Didn't manage to grab you for a dance though- maybe next time!

Glad you enjoyed it Foxy and am sorry I didn't get a dance with you. Looked for the red high heels and furry bits, but no sign. You were obviously in disguise as a man.
Ah well, if your at Glasgow on Saturday night, you'll have to introduce yourself - then I'll know who to borrow the high heels from. :devil: :D

TT x

Dreadful Scathe
7th-July-2003, 10:10 AM
Really sorry me and Fi couldnt make it TT. Too many arrangements so little time :( As it was a charity event, Id still like to make a donation though.

Twinkle Toes
7th-July-2003, 06:25 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Really sorry me and Fi couldnt make it TT. Too many arrangements so little time :( As it was a charity event, Id still like to make a donation though.

Don't worry DS you will get another chance in September.
Watch this space.

TT x