PDA

View Full Version : Help! Stranded Englishman desperate for lift to Glasgow party!

Magic Hans
12th-January-2007, 08:51 PM
Hayyyeeelppp!!! Hayyeeellllpp!!

I'm stranded up at Rosyth, and can't get there and back to the Uni at Glasgow tomorrow.

Alternatively, if someone has a spare bit of floor space and a blanket, then I'd really appreciate being able to stay 'till the very last minute.

Can anyone out there help me? [Really short notice, so I'll not be holding my breath]

Please pm me!

Cheers ... Ian

Little Monkey
12th-January-2007, 11:50 PM
Sorry that I won't be able to help you..... I could offer you a sofa to sleep on (proper duvet and all), but unfortunately live in Dundee..... So no good for you, really!

However, I'm also hoping to get to Glasgow tomorrow, if any of my driving friends are thinking of going (shamelessly hijacking your thread to my own benefit!!:blush: ).

Good luck, hope someone can help you! If we're both lucky and get lifts, I'll see you at the party tomorrow. :hug:

Freya
13th-January-2007, 12:01 AM
Stupid question I know but it's late....But wheres Rosyth?

Little Monkey
13th-January-2007, 12:03 AM

Fife. Near Forth Bridge.

pmjd
13th-January-2007, 12:05 AM

Next to North Queensferry and the Forth Road bridge.

Sorry but I'm not going to Glasgow so can't help out with any lifts:( Hope you all make it though and have a great time!

Freya
13th-January-2007, 12:14 AM
Ahhh! Don't think I'm going! Peter (Mcjester) is up here and not sure if he's staying till sunday or not!

I'm absolutely shattered anyway!

Would have been nice to meet you magic hans!

Magic Hans
13th-January-2007, 07:39 PM
Ahhh! Don't think I'm going! Peter (Mcjester) is up here and not sure if he's staying till sunday or not!

I'm absolutely shattered anyway!

Would have been nice to meet you magic hans!

No worries, I'll simply have to kerb my enthusiasm until Edinburgh's weekend freestyle.:tears:

At least I can rest assured that I'll have somewhere to rest my weary head for any Dundee weekend dancing!!:wink: [Thanks LM!]

Freya
14th-January-2007, 11:04 AM
How long are you up here for magic hans?

Magic Hans
14th-January-2007, 11:30 AM
Who knows!!! But at least six months. I have a contract with Fife Council at Kirkcaldy.

So, I'm sure they'll be more opportunities.

Freya
14th-January-2007, 12:31 PM
well you should come up tp the beach ballroom in feb. there's also a workshop and tea-dance next weekend up here in aberdeen!

Little Monkey
15th-January-2007, 12:35 AM
At least I can rest assured that I'll have somewhere to rest my weary head for any Dundee weekend dancing!!:wink: [Thanks LM!]

No problem!:flower:

Did you get to the party in the end? I didn't, went to cinema instead (saw 'Perfume', which was really good). Haven't danced since Monday now, and already starting to feel rusty!:eek:

Hope to catch you for a dance or two at a party sometime soon.

LM

TheTramp
15th-January-2007, 02:33 AM
Haven't danced since Monday now, and already starting to feel rusty!:eek:

So we'll see you there on Monday then? :flower:

Little Monkey
15th-January-2007, 12:14 PM
So we'll see you there on Monday then? :flower:

Quite possibly not. One hour of freestyle just ain't enough to tempt me into making the trek up to the Invercarse. And I don't feel very well today, either, so I shall be in my bed with a good book and a big mug of cocoa.

I'll see if I'll make it along on Wednesday, though.... Have promised Skippy I will, just need to make myself better first!

TheTramp
15th-January-2007, 12:44 PM
Quite possibly not. One hour of freestyle just ain't enough to tempt me into making the trek up to the Invercarse. And I don't feel very well today, either, so I shall be in my bed with a good book and a big mug of cocoa.

I'll see if I'll make it along on Wednesday, though.... Have promised Skippy I will, just need to make myself better first!

Hmmm. There you go. You'll be even rustier by Wednesday. But I expect that I'll be there, so save me a red-coloured dance.

Sorry to hear that you're unwell though. Hope you feel better soon :flower:

Magic Hans
16th-January-2007, 09:13 PM
well you should come up tp the beach ballroom in feb. there's also a workshop and tea-dance next weekend up here in aberdeen!

Would love to :grin: but won't make it!:tears:

Back to Nottingham that weekend!

Might well make Beach Ballroom though, 'specially if CJ's driving!!:D

[I will be travelling back to Nottingham every 2/3 weekends, so it'll be a bit 'o hit 'n miss]:sick:

CJ
16th-January-2007, 11:42 PM
As I'll be finishng my snowboarding holiday, that weekend, I shan't be there :tears::clap: (where's the getting big air smillie:rolleyes: )

So... Anyone passing from Edin want to give Magic Hans a lift?!?:eek: