PDA

View Full Version : Champs Speculation

Sparkles
12th-January-2007, 03:14 PM
OK, I know it's a little way off yet, but I was looking forward to the Ceroc Champs in May and I can't see that Ceroc London are putting on any 'pre-Champs' events - you know to get us in the mood for the big day.

Previously I think there was something on at Hammersmith, but this time it looks not to be the case.
Also previously, there was a T-dance aboard the ship planned for the Monday, I wonder if that is happening this year for those who wish to make a weekend of it?
I did hear that there might be a 'Slinky's' on in Greenwich for the Saturday night, but I'm not sure about that either.

Does anyone else have any more info about that weekend (the 5th/6th May)?

Thanks in advance!

drathzel
12th-January-2007, 04:52 PM
I did hear that there might be a 'Slinky's' on in Greenwich for the Saturday night, but I'm not sure about that either.

well i was asked was i attending it by mr hudson so i am assuming its on! Sounds like a good night to be at if the previous ones are anything to go by, if i can make it i will be there!!!!

:D

Mary
12th-January-2007, 06:46 PM
Except there doesn't appear to be a Ceroc Champs 2007 website yet - unless I'm googling in the wrong places!!!

M

drathzel
12th-January-2007, 06:50 PM
Except there doesn't appear to be a Ceroc Champs 2007 website yet - unless I'm googling in the wrong places!!!

M

try the escape website

Mary
12th-January-2007, 09:50 PM
try the escape website

That's the 2006 Champs website - it hasn't been updated with any info about 2007 Champs!!!

M

under par
14th-January-2007, 02:15 PM
That's the 2006 Champs website - it hasn't been updated with any info about 2007 Champs!!!

M

Are Ceroc tm juggling too many balls at once?:wink:

Astro
24th-January-2007, 07:06 PM
Are Ceroc tm juggling too many balls at once?:wink:

Hammersmith Palais is to be DEMOLISHED, but i don't know when.

Stuart
24th-January-2007, 11:35 PM
Hammersmith Palais is to be DEMOLISHED, but i don't know when.

Top London Music Venue to close (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6294747.stm)

Twirly
25th-January-2007, 11:02 AM

Well Slinky's (http://www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk/slinky's.htm)is on the Ceroc Greenwich website, so it looks like it is on. Looking forward to it as haven't been to a Slinky's before.

Have it in my diary already :D

Dan Hudson
25th-January-2007, 06:57 PM
Slinky's is definately on! :cheers: :clap:
we are trying to orgsnise a hotel deal for those that travel a long way.:waycool:
Dj's will be Dan Hudson, Erick and Marc Foster:drool: :drool:

2 rooms.. the usual slinkys:waycool: :drool: :worthy: :worthy:

robd
25th-January-2007, 09:03 PM
Dj's will be Dan Hudson, Erick and Marc Foster:drool: :drool:

Dan

D'you have that track '2 out of 3 ain't bad' :rolleyes:

Sorry, I really wanted to post to say 'Slinky's ROCKS!' Been twice and both nights in my top 5. Be there people, you won't regret it :clap:

Robert

WittyBird
25th-January-2007, 09:09 PM
Dan

D'you have that track '2 out of 3 ain't bad' :rolleyes:

Dan aint that bad a DJ :rofl:

Sparkles
28th-January-2007, 12:30 PM
So can anyone from Ceroc London tell us where the Champs are to be held this year, please? :flower:

Rhythm King
29th-January-2007, 08:31 PM
So can anyone from Ceroc London tell us where the Champs are to be held this year, please? :flower:

Why - are you gong to enter this year? :devil: :worthy:

robd
29th-January-2007, 08:42 PM
Why - are you gong to enter this year? :devil: :worthy:

Does this mean you think she's a medal cert?? :grin:

Dan Hudson
15th-February-2007, 11:39 PM
ok... its all on.... www.cerocchamps.co.uk

:cheers:

Dan Hudson
15th-February-2007, 11:40 PM
Pre Champs Slinkys tickets now available online :worthy:

www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk

We are organising a cheap (ish) hotel deal for anyone who wants to do both and stay close by:waycool: PM for more details...

Dan

foxylady
16th-February-2007, 12:04 AM
ok... its all on.... www.cerocchamps.co.uk (http://www.cerocchamps.co.uk)

:cheers:

www.cerocchamps.com (http://www.cerocchamps.com) actually. The other link is to a listings page..

mikeyr
16th-February-2007, 01:24 PM
Pre Champs Slinkys tickets now available online :worthy:

www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk

We are organising a cheap (ish) hotel deal for anyone who wants to do both and stay close by:waycool: PM for more details...

Dan

WooHoo the TROXY, even though I have never been in it, it means I can literally walk there from my house. A real old East End Gem, other notables that have performed there are The Andrews Sisters, Gracie Fields, Petula Clark and even Clark Gable, star stuuded. Not sure what the parking is like round there, not the prettiest of surroundings either.

Anita
16th-February-2007, 04:55 PM
It's really sad that the Palais is going, so many fine ballroom dancer competed there.

The new venue for the champs does look great though :nice:

Rhythm King
17th-February-2007, 09:52 AM
WooHoo the TROXY, even though I have never been in it, it means I can literally walk there from my house. ~snip~ Not sure what the parking is like round there, not the prettiest of surroundings either.

:yeah: Amazing - I've never heard of it, yet it's no distance away. (Unless it's masquerading as an old bingo hall - that's the only building I can think of, off hand). Convenient with the Slinky's too, how nice to have quality dance events just to the East of the centre (City of) London, instead of having to traipse out West all the time :whistle: (although I still can't understand why more people who live this way don't go to Bow...).

Does this mean you think she's a medal cert??

:blush: I hadn't noticed that! :rofl: :rofl: So are you entering, or what? :devil:

ducasi
17th-February-2007, 10:14 AM
:yeah: Amazing - I've never heard of it, yet it's no distance away. (Unless it's masquerading as an old bingo hall - that's the only building I can think of, off hand). Well, on the web site (http://www.cerocchamps.com/geninfo.htm) it says "next to the Brewery Tap Public House (noted on map below)", and on the map, right next to the noted "Brewery Tap" is a noted "Bingo Hall". :)

Donna
17th-February-2007, 04:27 PM
It's really sad that the Palais is going, so many fine ballroom dancer competed there.

The new venue for the champs does look great though :nice:

I agree, it's a real shame. :sad:

Can't wait to see what the other venue's like though.

Rhythm King
17th-February-2007, 06:10 PM
Well I've just walked up to the venue, and even at my slow, old, bad-back induced stroll, it took me just under 12 minutes :D . If you have Google Earth, it's very easy to spot.

It was the old bingo hall/former cinema, it's now been completely renovated in an Art Deco style, consistent with the original building. There were people there working, when I peered through the doors.

It's on a couple of bus routes, running to Paddington and Stratford, through the night, and very near to the Limehouse DLR and C2C mainline stations. The main road is a red route Monday to Saturday, which means you can park there on a Sunday. The side streets are mostly residents parking, but again this is in force Monday-Friday 08:30-18:00. I would venture to suggest that some of the side streets are a little, shall we say, unsavoury, and I wouldn't want to be walking back to my car, alone, late at night. On the other hand, some look very pleasant (eg Albert Gardens, no not Square :rolleyes: ).

It's not like King Street, there are no big shops nearby. There are a number of local grocery stores and off licences on the Commercial Road. A couple of pubs are adjacent, but I would head East slightly, where there are some nice bars that do food, like "The Mariners", opposite the Renault dealer. There are several fast food places, mostly Indian or fried chicken, and one, or two reasonable restaurants, including a good chinese. If you don't mind going a little further then there are more up-market pubs, bars and bistros in Limehouse proper, together with a fab Italian Delicatessen. Wapping is nearby too, with a Pizza Express and a range of other eateries and pubs.

There is a holiday Inn Express, less than 10 minutes walk away, on The Highway. If you book now, it's £53.50 per room, rising incrementally to £79, the longer you leave it. Dan has already mentioned about staying in Greenwich, but I would also consider the collection of modern hotels serving both Canary Wharf (prob expensive) and the Excell Exhibition Centre, (Royal Docks, Silvertown, or Custom House) both of which are but a few stops on the DLR, for the princely sum of £1.50.

Well done David, for finding what looks like being, potentially, a really good new venue for the Champs. Only thing is, I think I'm away when they're on :eek:

Dan Hudson
17th-February-2007, 07:03 PM
We should have some good hotel deals by Monday.... Holiday Inn express being one of them:D ... hopefully get a good group discount:clap: