PDA

View Full Version : Virgins going to Ashtons - any tips?

JiveLad
12th-January-2007, 09:48 AM
I am an Ashtons virgin - and thinking of going next week (with a similar male virgin).

I wonder if you have any tips or thoughts or 'watch out fors' which would help to break us in gently..................

David Bailey
12th-January-2007, 10:01 AM
I am an Ashtons virgin - and thinking of going next week (with a similar male virgin).

I wonder if you have any tips or thoughts or 'watch out fors' which would help to break us in gently..................
Don't go on the balcony with Double Trouble :wink:

Slightly more seriously, whilst of course I'd never condone bringing your own water, because that's Just Wrong, bear in mind that the bar isn't particularly cheap. :innocent:

Is that Wednesday or Friday you're going?

stewart38
12th-January-2007, 10:15 AM
Slightly more seriously, whilst of course I'd never condone bringing your own water, because that's Just Wrong, bear in mind that the bar isn't particularly cheap. :innocent:

Correct you will find a student bar in Cumbria selling Adams off ox ale nats brew for 99p a pint. However its still about 3 times cheaper then the city a few miles down the road

Bring on the free water debate

JiveLad
12th-January-2007, 10:31 AM

Is that Wednesday or Friday you're going?

It would be on Wednesday. I normally just drink orange squash - and the going rate is about £1 a pint (although it varies from 50p through to £1.50).

What happens on the balcony with Double Trouble - or dare I ask? (No gargling I hope).

David Bailey
12th-January-2007, 10:33 AM
What happens on the balcony with Double Trouble - or dare I ask? (No gargling I hope).
See here... (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10543)

WittyBird
12th-January-2007, 10:37 AM
I'll be there probably :D

JiveLad
12th-January-2007, 10:39 AM
See here... (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10543)

So - the vertical (or horizontal? - do they have sofas?) realisation of horizontal desire in all it's glory...........do the toilets have condom machines? (I assume they do have toilets).

under par
12th-January-2007, 11:11 AM

Where!!! On the balcony!!!

WittyBird
12th-January-2007, 11:17 AM
Where!!! On the balcony!!!

No there on the stair....

Right there.

A little bird with clogs on.......

fletch
12th-January-2007, 11:17 AM
(No gargling I hope).

:eek: :sick:

.........do the toilets have condom machines? (I assume they do have toilets).

and I had you down as a boy scout :wink:

I don't thing they have disabled toliets the others are a bit to busy :whistle:

not Evesham :confused:

David Bailey
12th-January-2007, 11:38 AM
I don't thing they have disabled toliets the others are a bit to busy :whistle:
Most pubs etc. have caught on to that one, and they lock the disabled toilets up. So I've heard.

fletch
12th-January-2007, 11:44 AM
Most pubs etc. have caught on to that one, and they lock the disabled toilets up. So I've heard.

and i have dissable registration :wink: just carn't find anyone to take me up on it :innocent:

Double Trouble
12th-January-2007, 01:22 PM

You're only jealous because I have never asked you to come to the balcony.

:devil:

Double Trouble
12th-January-2007, 01:31 PM
So - the vertical (or horizontal? - do they have sofas?) realisation of horizontal desire in all it's glory...........do the toilets have condom machines? (I assume they do have toilets).

Dont get any ideas, cowboy. I'm going to Ashtons on Friday, I dont want to visit my favourite spot on the balcony just to see your @rse a blur. :D

fletch
12th-January-2007, 01:53 PM
You're only jealous because I have never asked you to come to the balcony.

:devil:

shouldn't it read :confused:

You're only jealous because I have never asked you to come on the balcony

:innocent:

JiveLad
12th-January-2007, 01:57 PM

:rofl:

JiveLad
12th-January-2007, 02:06 PM
Dont get any ideas, cowboy. I'm going to Ashtons on Friday, I dont want to visit my favourite spot on the balcony just to see your @rse a blur. :D

Well I did start this thread by indicating that I was an Ashtons virgin - and it very quickly got onto the balcony - telling me that maybe you are the kind of person who could 'break me in gently' and show me the full Ashtons experience.

I have just one question for you, which may indicate to me whether you are the appropriate person for this.

PS My ass only becomes a blur when the DJ plays something above 160BPM. Above 220BPM it starts to turn red hot and vaporise.

Double Trouble
12th-January-2007, 02:09 PM

that was sort of the point....oh...never mind.:rolleyes:

stewart38
12th-January-2007, 02:12 PM
I wonder if any Virgin has ever been to Ashtons

Start with a forum poll ?

Im one :grin:

Double Trouble
12th-January-2007, 02:31 PM

Me too.

Gav
12th-January-2007, 02:34 PM

Start with a forum poll ?

Me too.

Sounds like a poll for who can come up with the most silly lies?

JiveLad
12th-January-2007, 02:42 PM
The following attachment made me laugh my tits off:

Having spent a lot of my life in Stockholm (and 6 months in the other place) - I wondered which of these 2 options Ashtons most resembled?

Any views?

Dai
12th-January-2007, 03:54 PM
well looking at that - i'm thinking im heading to stockholm asap, who wants to come with me??

Gav
12th-January-2007, 03:58 PM
Amazing how the pig & whistle in Newcastle looks like every pub, club and bar in Great Yarmouth? :rolleyes:

No, seriously. :what:

JiveLad
12th-January-2007, 04:08 PM
well looking at that - i'm thinking im heading to stockholm asap, who wants to come with me??

Having spent about a third of my life there in the last 12 years - I would urge anyone hasn't been to go there - and not just because of the beautiful people............although that is a big plus.

The only drawback is lack of a social dancing scene in the way we have it.

A couple of my top 10 dance moments of 2006 were though Swedish connected - see my (mildly entertaining) blog at http://ceroc.blogspot.com/2006_12_01_ceroc_archive.html

MartinHarper
12th-January-2007, 04:16 PM
The only drawback is lack of a social dancing scene in the way we have it.

I'm told there's a fair amount of Lindy danced in Sweden. Is that a misconception?

JiveLad
12th-January-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm told there's a fair amount of Lindy danced in Sweden. Is that a misconception?

Yes there is a Lindy scene - and one of my top 10 moments was dancing with the 2004 World Lindy champion - who is Swedish (see my blog). Incidentally she said she was honoured to be in the top 10 - the Swedes do have an ironic sense of humour as well as the Brits.

The social dancing seems more structured - well in fact there isn't the same kind of structure we have or anything like it. There is a Swing Scene as well - and I was going to go to lessons - but it was more like a course than a 'drop in' as you go kind of thing - and NO freestyle.

ducasi
12th-January-2007, 04:54 PM
I wondered which of these 2 options Ashtons most resembled?
I can't say anything about Ashtons, but that Swedish club looks a lot like the Beach Ballroom after-party parties we have up here – looking forward to one next month. :wink: :whistle:

Yogi_Bear
12th-January-2007, 09:40 PM
This might be a good place to post my impressions of Ashtons after my first ever visit this Wednesday.

I arrived bang on 7.30, to find the doors about to open. The lesson began at 7.45. Lesson number one: in London, the time given for the strart of the first lesson is actually the time then open the doors and admit the punters. Fine, I just need to remember that. Reasonable beginners class, numbers and sex ratio OK, the main thing I remember was the great music they used for the class ('Temptation' for a beginner class....can't get much better). And they actually encouraged people to listen to the music - I can't fault that.

Fairly shortly afterwards onto the intermediate class, an interesting couple of moves and again the emphasis on musical interpretation, varying the speed of the dance....the time taken to go through the steps seemed about right. The second of these moves, a kind of first move with twist walks, a tight rotation and twist, some more nice steps and a double inside turn to exit followed by lady's adornments......fabby, could have been a class in itself to do it justice, methinks.

And so on to freestyle. Music rather more mainstream MJ here on in, numbers filling up quite well, had some good dances and some pretty good dancers to observe. I also noted the extent to which the women were dressed up (all this, for a Wednesday night?) - most impressive. No Forumites spotted though.

And then, just as I was about to leave, I ran into Cee Cee (who had arrived after her tango class) and had time for a quick chat. Nipped out about 10.30 to be sure of catching the last train back to Norwich....arrived at Liverpool St about 11.05 and realised I could have risked maybe another 15 mins at the venue...

All in all, not a bad evening out. OK, I was on a freebie though....

littlewiggle
13th-January-2007, 11:00 AM
Well my advice would be take a peg for your nose first and foremost - it smells and looks a bit like an old folks home! My first impression was oh my God what have I come to? Oh and I hope you can hold your water all night 'cos the toilets were putrid!

Any way, dancing......saw some great dancers - could watch Lory dance for ages - lovely style! It all seemed a bit surreal to begin with and took me a time to relax into it. So many different styles of dancing to see that it was good to just sit out at times and take it all in.

As ever though with any venue, it's just lovely to have so many like-minded people all in the same place and all having a great time.

JiveLad
25th-January-2007, 01:26 AM
It happened tonight.

It was quite a pleasurable experience overall.

Things came to a climax after about an hour with a really good dance and then I came back for more.

A full report is on the (mildly entertaining) blog.

PS I did not venture on to the balcony this time.

Trouble
25th-January-2007, 01:29 AM
It happened tonight.

It was quite a pleasurable experience overall.

Things came to a climax after about an hour with a really good dance and then I came back for more.

A full report is on the (mildly entertaining) blog.

PS I did not venture on to the balcony this time.

no point Double Trouble wasn't there. :whistle: xx