PDA

View Full Version : Beach Boogie Summer 2007

Northants Girly
8th-January-2007, 11:46 PM
I have 2 words for you:

BEACH BOOGIE!

Dates are: Friday 17th August to Monday 27th August.

Modern Jivers will be catered for from Friday 17th to Friday 24th.
Lindy Hoppers will be catered for from Monday 20th to Monday 27th.

[URL="http://www.jumpnjive.co.uk/FrameBeach.htm"]http://www.jumpnjive.co.uk/FrameBeach.htm[/URL

Yeah....................

i'm booked in with the children :clap:

they have been dancing ever since the last one,:clap: its will be interesting watching Joe dance with you Suzy he knocks my head off :rofl:

oooooo! what a nice thought, remember the weather last year :love:

somthing to brighten these dark January nights :flower:Eh eh eh? Don't understand . . . . . DUH :confused:

Isn't there usually a Beach Boogie week for Modern Jivers and then a separate one for Lindy Hoppers??

I was thinkin bout bookin but I'm confused now :confused:

What's going on??

fletch
9th-January-2007, 11:21 AM
There are 3 different sections this year.

The first 2 the children can go and, is as normal, but then there is an extra 3 days making 10 days in total the last 3 are more for Lindy, and the children arn't allowed. Adults only.

Linda and Mat book :clap: book:clap: book :clap:

Almost an Angel
9th-January-2007, 11:24 AM
Eh eh eh? Don't understand . . . . . DUH :confused:

Isn't there usually a Beach Boogie week for Modern Jivers and then a separate one for Lindy Hoppers??

What's going on??

There used to be a series of 3 splurges a mix of Jive, Lindy and Blues which you could book on as you wished. The last few years the splurges have been completely separate having a Jive week and a Lindy weekend.

They're heading back to the old system of Splurges running after each other with each being 3-4 days and you being able to book on as many as you feel able to cope with. From my understanding there is a Jive Splurge a Jive and Lindy Splurge and a Lindy Splurge, with Kids being welcome for the first two splurges. Basically you can if you wish make a week of it by booking onto 2 or more splurges or just have 3 or 4 days away. Or if you're mad enough and up for it handle all 3 splurges.

Have a look at the Jumpnjive web site it explains it all very simply. www.jumpnjive.co.uk

Angel xx

Chef
9th-January-2007, 11:26 AM
Eh eh eh? Don't understand . . . . . DUH :confused:

What's going on??

My understanding is that there are sessions for Modern Jivers and Lindy Hoppers but there is a small amount of overlap between the two. So if you are an MJer and want to try a bit of lindy or a hopper who wants to try some of the latin or WCS stuff then you will have an opportunity to do so.

This tread has reminded me that I need to get my booking in.

clevedonboy
9th-January-2007, 03:27 PM
Seems daft to me that the Lindy splurge clashes with the Glenn Miller Festival hey ho, it'll save me some dosh I suppose

Bill
9th-January-2007, 04:28 PM
Well ....I was just thinking of BB yesterday but Fran's new term starts on the 13th - so may have to give it a miss.

I know Scottish schools break up earlier than English ones so may have to think of an alternative holiday :( . May be a few Scots in the same boat!!!

fletch
9th-January-2007, 04:35 PM
This tread has reminded me that I need to get my booking in.

I book last year while I was there, and most of the child places had already gone:eek:

Maddy has been dancing since the last BB i'm sure you will notice the difference, Maddy wen't a Tom boy and came back a young lady:clap: and now at 5ft 7in sharing my clothes :rolleyes: :D well not the sparkly frocks, Joe wears them ...:na: ......only joking :D

any news on the DVD's :what:

SuzyQ
9th-January-2007, 08:53 PM
Apparently the lindy DVDs have been out for ages, but not the jive ones. I'm rather hoping that they have lost all the footage so I don't have to see what I looked like break dancing in a bikini top and silly short skirt. And we were only doing the class cos hardly anyone turned up and nobody said it was gonna be break dancing!! :sick:

I may never show my face in public again :tears:

SuzyQ

Lindsay
10th-January-2007, 01:23 AM
Glad they've gone back to the old format....
:nice:
A great event, highly recommended
:worthy:

SuzyQ
11th-January-2007, 01:15 AM
... forgot to say ...

BEACH BOOGIE IS BRILL

I booked in for 2007 2 days after I got home from Beach Boogie 2006!!

fletch
11th-January-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm rather hoping that they have lost all the footage so I don't have to see what I looked like break dancing in a bikini top and silly short skirt. And we were only doing the class cos hardly anyone turned up and nobody said it was gonna be break dancing!! :sick:

I may never show my face in public again :tears:

SuzyQ

I know what you meen :blush:

there will proberbly be some of me on the 'its a knock out' day wet in a white top :eek: :blush:

I suppost it was worth it we did win :clap:

stewart38
12th-January-2007, 04:16 PM
Seems daft to me that the Lindy splurge clashes with the Glenn Miller Festival hey ho, it'll save me some dosh I suppose

whats a 'splurge' ?

Ive hear a lot about these events

I assume its mainly for family kids etc

SuzyQ
12th-January-2007, 04:48 PM
whats a 'splurge' ?

Ive hear a lot about these events

I assume its mainly for family kids etc

Hmm not sure who came up with the term 'splurge' - it is just how they have carved up the time this year - there are 3 of them ... each lasting 3-4 days. So you could do a week or you could do a weekend ... completely flexible!

Beach boogie is smaller than other dance holidays but I reckon that is its beauty - you can get to know everyone there and there is such a sense of community!

Beach boogie can also be longer than other holidays and so you can spend some lovely time relaxing in the sun chatting with friends or playing crazy games.

I'm not a child and no family to bring along and I LOVED it. Just the fact that there are some families around makes it even more diverse and fun!!

Most people however are singles/couples just like any other dance event (I think there were about 20 kids last year).

Hope this helps :)

SuzyQ