PDA

View Full Version : car boot sale?

Dreadful Scathe
18th-June-2003, 11:37 AM
Anyone know where a really good car boot sale is ? Anywhere Central Belt or Fife will do.

Got loads of stuff to sell and what to got rid of it all in one day if possible. Course if any of you lot want to buy anything ...
I have loads of computer bits and a couple of complete computers, 2 antique granny chairs, a 14" tv, cd/dvd stands, egyptian rugs, cd's, videos and other things ill remeber later..... :)

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
18th-June-2003, 11:57 AM
Ingleston market (Sundays I think), or in that car park at the top of Leith Walk in Edinburgh (not sure if that one still happens). There must be one in Stirling? Why not do a search on the net?

azande
18th-June-2003, 12:08 PM
Are the complete computers PCs or Macs?

DavidB
18th-June-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by azande
Are the complete computers PCs or Macs? ie are they for work or just drawing pretty pictures?

Franck
18th-June-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
ie are they for work or just drawing pretty pictures? I could reply to that... I really easily could... but I will refrain :D

Franck.

Dreadful Scathe
18th-June-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by azande
Are the complete computers PCs or Macs?

all pcs im afraid - got a mac but not selling it :) may sell an Amiga 4000 though :)

John S
18th-June-2003, 12:40 PM
The trouble with most car boot sales is that they're outdoors so with Scottish weather it's difficult to plan ahead with any certainty.

However, Kinross has a large INDOOR car boot sale every Saturday - £10/car, doors open at 6am for set-up, open to the public 8am - 2pm. The URL is:
http://www.smag.fsbusiness.co.uk/CarBootSale.html
It's in the same place as the Kinross Sunday Market, if you know that.

I suggest you go along as a visitor first to get a feel for the set-up and prices, to see if it's worth your while (eg there is a guy who is regularly there selling computer bits and pieces).

There are also biggish (outdoor) sales at Tayport and Elie that I know of, as well as the usual local ones in most towns - see local papers.

However, there's a lot of junk at most car boot sales and the prices for good articles often suffer as a result - if you've got a "Free Ads" section in the local paper for items up to say £50 you'll probably get better prices for less effort than at a car boot sale.

Gadget
18th-June-2003, 01:35 PM
Why not try e-bay as an alternative to a boot sale?

Dreadful Scathe
18th-June-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
Why not try e-bay as an alternative to a boot sale?

what the hell is that? your avatar i mean :)

ebay seems like a lot of hassle to me, packaging and posting items takes time a simple exchange of money for item is much easier :)

Gadget
18th-June-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
what the hell is that? your avatar i mean :)
Looks better on the dark grey background -when did the posts start alternating between light and dark grey? {or am I just blind :cool: }

Gadget
18th-June-2003, 05:25 PM
see

Dreadful Scathe
18th-June-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
light and dark grey

im pretty sure they always did ! youve still not said what it is, looks like a hand in close up 'squashing the head' of a person in the distance :)

damn - i hope its not one of those ink blot test things

Gadget
18th-June-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
im pretty sure they always did ! youve still not said what it is, looks like a hand in close up 'squashing the head' of a person in the distance :)
it does a bit, dosn't it...
well, as you asked:
It's meant to be a styleised couple dancing - man on left, lady on right; smooth lines and curves indicate the flowing nature of the dance. The lines under the lady convey movement and turning. The loop of linked hands above the lady's head form a 'ribbon' indicates the joining of the couple. The minimalist lines and form try to mimic the japanese linear artwork with a contemprary twist.
...:what:
Actually it's a doodle that I drew and liked, so reproduced for an avatar - not as good as the origional sketch, but that's always the case.:waycool:

Dreadful Scathe
19th-June-2003, 12:00 AM
i prefer the first explanation :)