PDA

View Full Version : Beach Ballroom February

The Passion Harem
7th-January-2007, 03:58 PM
Anyone (Nudge - Franck)know the teachers/ workshops/ parties/ DJs lined up for the Beach Ballroom weekend in February?

:hug:

Tiggerbabe
7th-January-2007, 06:25 PM
Hiya, Teachers are Simon Rich and Nicole Beckey. Workshop details will be posted this week.
There will be a party on the Saturday night in the fabulous Beach Ballroom and Sunday's Chill Out Party in the Northern Hotel. All workshops are in the Northern Hotel this time :D
There's a Valentines Ceroc party in the Bonar Hall, Dundee on the Friday night too, in aid of Barnardos Charity.

under par
7th-January-2007, 06:27 PM
Hiya, Teachers are Simon Rich and Nicole Beckey. Workshop details will be posted this week.
There will be a party on the Saturday night in the Beach Ballroom and Sunday in the Northern Hotel. All workshops are in the Northern Hotel this time :D

should you not call the event "Northern Hotel "then!!:whistle: :rofl:

Tiggerbabe
7th-January-2007, 06:38 PM
:na: no siree, the highlight of the weekend is definitely the "Beach Ballroom" Saturday night party :hug:

under par
7th-January-2007, 06:40 PM
:na: no siree, the highlight of the weekend is definitely the "Beach Ballroom" Saturday night party :hug:

Of course and Mrs Par and I will get to see it one day soon we hope. :yeah: :hug:

Little Monkey
7th-January-2007, 10:43 PM
There will be a party on the Saturday night in the fabulous Beach Ballroom and Sunday's Chill Out Party in the Northern Hotel. All workshops are in the Northern Hotel this time :D
There's a Valentines Ceroc party in the Bonar Hall, Dundee on the Friday night too, in aid of Barnardos Charity.

Excellent!! Dancing the whole weekend!:clap:

The Wooly one and myself will be there - at least at the Friday and Saturday parties, unless we decide to stay over in Aberdeen and do the Sunday, too... That would be good....

Anyone (apart from Sheepy) coming up from the Deep South that weekend? After dancing wit a lot of my favourite London dancers in December, I might get very bad withdrawal symptoms if I don't get more dances with you guys soon, so please come and visit!

A Happy Little Monkey :D

Tiggerbabe
8th-January-2007, 12:12 AM
please come and visit!

I'll second that plea! :clap:

fletch
8th-January-2007, 12:18 AM
what's the date in Feb, I carn't see it ?

I loved Scotland when i came last year I fancy another trip if I can queeze it in :cheers:

Tiggerbabe
8th-January-2007, 12:21 AM
The Dundee charity party is Friday 16th February 2007.
Beach Ballroom weekend is Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th February 2007. :)

fletch
8th-January-2007, 12:25 AM
The Dundee charity party is Friday 16th February 2007.
Beach Ballroom weekend is Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th February 2007. :)

Thanks honey :flower:

its looking good for baby sitting its a real possibility :clap:

TheTramp
8th-January-2007, 12:27 AM
Be good to see you there fletch :D

Should be a great weekend.... :clap:

Caro
8th-January-2007, 09:12 AM
I'll be there too!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

Could we have a moderator to please add a poll to this thread?

Ans yes it would be great to see plenty of people from 'down south' coming up! Come on guys, you know you want to :wink:

Beowulf
8th-January-2007, 09:31 AM
I'll be at the beach ballroom and so will Twirly. We might even make it to the Sunday night chill out this time as well. :clap:

don't think we'll be doing any of the workshops though

Will be good to see some more lovely forumites :)

Twirly
8th-January-2007, 11:44 AM
Yup, planned for that weekend specifically to make this. :D Very much looking forward to dancing up in Scotland and meeting lots of lovely forum folks... :clap:

Flying up Friday and down on Monday night.

Caro
8th-January-2007, 11:55 AM
We might even make it to the Sunday night chill out this time as well.

great :clap: ! The sunday night is IMO the best one, small (intimate) venue, floor ok, and the music is just :drool: :awe: ...
Beach Ballroom is a great venue with a brilliant floor (fast and sprung), but since it is just one room the DJ has to cater for all tastes... which is why the chilled out sunday night is usually my favorite :D

Who's DJ-ing then on sat and sun? I'm assuming there'll be both TB and Trampy?

TheTramp
8th-January-2007, 12:26 PM
Who's DJ-ing then on sat and sun? I'm assuming there'll be both TB and Trampy?

I'm doing the Saturday night. Don't know yet who's doing the Sunday...

Genie
8th-January-2007, 12:28 PM
Yup, planned for that weekend specifically to make this. :D Very much looking forward to dancing up in Scotland and meeting lots of lovely forum folks... :clap:

Flying up Friday and down on Monday night.

Excellent! It will be good to see you again. This your first Beach Ballroom I take it? I will definately be going. Just try and stop me. I may starve for a week to pay for it, but I will be going :clap:

Beowulf
8th-January-2007, 12:36 PM
I may starve for a week to pay for it, but I will be going :clap:

You starve for a week to pay for it? if you starve for a week there'll be nothing of you left to attend the parties :)

Don't worry I'll feed you up on the preceding Tuesday :wink: I have this nice new high protein pulse I want to try out on you ;) (only kidding)

Freya
8th-January-2007, 12:39 PM
I'll be there...As always! Won't be doing the workshops coz I can't afford it again! Especially after southport!!!!

But it'll be fab as always!!!

Little Monkey
8th-January-2007, 02:00 PM
Will be good to see you Fletch! And it'll be good to catch up with lots of Scottish forumites I've not seen in ages, too!

Oh, and did I mention it's someone's birthday on the 17th......? :whistle:

under par
9th-January-2007, 01:55 AM
Unfortunately I will be taking Mrs Par to New York for 5 days for Valentines and we will have to try to get up north of the border later in the year!
It is only February so there is lots of time yet!!

Sheepman
9th-January-2007, 02:14 PM
Unfortunately - snip -

That's so unfortunate, my heart bleeds for you! :really:

Tiggerbabe
9th-January-2007, 02:36 PM
Workshop details and prices here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/Beach.htm) :D

Beowulf
9th-January-2007, 04:41 PM
Zoinds! Going by the voting I may yet get to meet the Dreadful Scathe himself.

:worthy: We're not worthy! We're not worthy! :worthy:

Little Monkey
9th-January-2007, 06:57 PM

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not seen the Blue Man for bl**dy ages! Will be fab to see you again, Mr. Smurf! Make sure to save me a dance or two, will you?:hug:

TheTramp
10th-January-2007, 02:37 AM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not seen the Blue Man for bl**dy ages! Will be fab to see you again, Mr. Smurf! Make sure to save me a dance or two, will you?:hug:

:yeah:

Wuzzle
10th-January-2007, 11:44 AM
Yup sounds like fun!! Missed the last one: beginners cold feet. Definately up for it this time round. :grin: Will be nice to meet people from the forum. Being newish...:cheers: see you all there.

Twirly
10th-January-2007, 02:35 PM
Workshop details and prices here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/Beach.htm) :D

Am planning on doing the spinning workshop (been wanting to do one for ages - am told I spin well but don't feel that I do, or at least could do it much better).

But I'm curious as to why they are so expensive? £20 for 2 hours seems like a lot - I'm used to the London ones which are 4.5 hours for £30. And yet usually things in London are more expensive... :confused:

Tiggerbabe
10th-January-2007, 03:32 PM
Am planning on doing the spinning workshop (been wanting to do one for ages - am told I spin well but don't feel that I do, or at least could do it much better).

But I'm curious as to why they are so expensive? £20 for 2 hours seems like a lot - I'm used to the London ones which are 4.5 hours for £30. And yet usually things in London are more expensive... :confused:
Will be great to finally meet you :D

As for the pricing, it is based on flying and accomodating top quality teachers to Scotland (plus their fee obviously) and the price comes down significantly when you book more than one workshop.

These are always top quality weekends with the best teachers and the best venue for the Saturday night parties. The after party parties alone are worth the trip :wink:

Freya
10th-January-2007, 03:36 PM
The after party parties alone are worth the trip :wink:

Definately! Who's room is it this time???? And hopefully not one that smells of Cats Pee!

Beowulf
10th-January-2007, 06:02 PM
The after party parties alone are worth the trip :wink:

Yup for the A-list crowd ;)

Speaking of Post Party party's .. Freya, are you doing your normal pre-party soiree? If not I could be easily persuaded to bung some sausage rolls in the oven and arrange some nibbles at my place before hand this time if you like? If it would save you any bother?

Can promise my flat won't smell of cat pee... hamster pee perhaps but cat pee.. No !!! :innocent: :wink:

Beowulf
11th-January-2007, 02:11 PM
nibbles at my place before hand this time

erm... ok, sorry I won't be able to host this soiree after all, as I had plans for that afternoon I'd forgotten to take into consideration.

.. besides you've seen my flat. it's pretty much filled with me and the Hamster.. let alone anyone else ;)

I have got a new baking book though so should be testing out some cakes and what not to bring along with me to the ballroom ;)

Dreadful Scathe
11th-January-2007, 02:51 PM

:worthy: We're not worthy! We're not worthy! :worthy:
er...I'm flattered :) I would have voted for "Wouldn't miss it, but may have to" but there wasn't that option. So its still a very much "I'd like to" at the moment. Will keep my fans informed - which I assume is more a morbid curiosity similar to what people experience at car crashes rather than "fans" , but, hey, ill take what i can get :)

Beowulf
11th-January-2007, 04:23 PM
er...I'm flattered :)

Will keep my fans informed

So what's the norm upon greeting? A cheery hello and a handshake or Vulcan hand gesture and the Phrase "Live long and Prosper" :wink:

TheTramp
12th-January-2007, 11:41 AM
So what's the norm upon greeting? A cheery hello and a handshake or Vulcan hand gesture and the Phrase "Live long and Prosper" :wink:

There might be some hand gesture towards you, you non-attender of dance classes on Tuesday :na:

Beowulf
12th-January-2007, 04:06 PM
There might be some hand gesture towards you, you non-attender of dance classes on Tuesday :na:

"I have walked my way since the beginning of time. Sometimes I give, sometimes I take, it is mine to know which and when!"
Merlin - "Excalibur (1981)"

Don't remember there being a compulsory attendance order on the membership form when i signed up..:rolleyes: :na:

As it happens i had a perfectly valid reason (you may say excuse) for Tuesday but I only dance when I feel like it. I refuse to let my hobby become a chore :na:

Simon r
12th-January-2007, 04:13 PM
Really looking forward to coming up and meeting you all please save us some dances, we should get there for friday afternoon and would love to go dancing that night any suggestions / offers of lifts from Aberdeen.

See you soon

Simon

Caro
12th-January-2007, 05:12 PM
we should get there for friday afternoon and would love to go dancing that night any suggestions / offers of lifts from Aberdeen.

there's a party in Dundee that night (1 hour drive), I'm sure plenty of peeps from Aberdeen will be going. I can give you a lift if you want :flower: , we can arrange that closer to the time.

The Passion Harem
17th-January-2007, 11:14 PM
Anyone tried to book online for this yet? Would like to do the Bronze package however no option on the booking online. Opting for the 2 workshops, £40 and 2 parties, £12 & £8 for a total of £60 and not the £50 Bronze package price.

I can get the price closer £50 by picking the two parties £17 & two workshops for £20 each, £57.

I would like to also book this with Nessiemonster but unsure if me completing the online booking form guarantees we both make the workshops.

Help...

Genie
17th-January-2007, 11:45 PM
There should be a contact email address on the ceroc scotland site. Sending them a query would probably be answered quicker. hi@cerocscotland.com (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/../Beach.htm#)

Tiggerbabe
18th-January-2007, 01:20 AM
Anyone tried to book online for this yet? Would like to do the Bronze package however no option on the booking online. Opting for the 2 workshops, £40 and 2 parties, £12 & £8 for a total of £60 and not the £50 Bronze package price.

Hi Andrew,

You should book the two workshops at a total of £40, this then allows you to book the Saturday and Sunday Extras- which are the parties at a cost of £5 each.

You can book for both yourself and Nessa. :D

edit: I've changed the description for booking the £5 parties, so hopefully it's a little clearer on the online booking page :blush:

The Passion Harem
18th-January-2007, 08:17 AM
Cheers Shena :flower:

Booked, much easier this time...:D

:hug:
Andrew

Twirly
18th-January-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm booked on the spinning workshop :D Anyone else doing it?

Beo is in charge of party tickets. Genie, Gadget, Trampy - don't let him forget!!

firefly
18th-January-2007, 04:31 PM

Yep, me. I hadn't actually planned to do the workshops, but I certainly need help with my spinning! Will be nice to meet you, Twirly :flower:

TheTramp
18th-January-2007, 04:34 PM

Beo is in charge of party tickets. Genie, Gadget, Trampy - don't let him forget!!

I'll be there!

Beo. Don't forget the party tickets..... :rolleyes:

Freudian Hips
18th-January-2007, 05:49 PM
Room booked - check :D

party tickets, party tickets, party tickets - good idea .......... :flower:

Twirly
18th-January-2007, 05:53 PM
Yep, me. I hadn't actually planned to do the workshops, but I certainly need help with my spinning! Will be nice to meet you, Twirly :flower:

Likewise!

I'll be there!

Beo. Don't forget the party tickets..... :rolleyes:

Hmm, very funny Trampy. Try it again, in person, on a Tuesday when they've got the tickets on sale please!!

Genie
18th-January-2007, 09:08 PM
That's assuming he's there :-(

Jamie
18th-January-2007, 10:23 PM
Thinking about coming... Will see if a group of us can come up! :grin:

Caro
19th-January-2007, 06:35 PM
Thinking about coming... Will see if a group of us can come up! :grin:

Yeah!!! :clap: More men :clap: :D
Make sure you save me a dance :wink:

TheTramp
20th-January-2007, 02:41 PM
Yeah!!! :clap: More men :clap: :D

Yeah right. It always seems to be girls around Jamie. Oh, and CentrAlex :na:

BeccaB
20th-January-2007, 02:44 PM
oooo I wanna come!!!

TheTramp
20th-January-2007, 02:49 PM
oooo I wanna come!!!

Look forward to seeing you then! :D

BeccaB
20th-January-2007, 05:28 PM
I'll be there if I can get there! :D
Just need to find a floor and magic fuel that is free for my car! :confused:

DavidY
20th-January-2007, 06:36 PM
Just need to find a floor I dunno if the locals have any recommendations for cheap accomodation (or offers of floors), but I notice that the Travelodge at the airport still has rooms for £15/night that weekend, which may be viable if you were planning to take your car..

Tiggerbabe
20th-January-2007, 07:04 PM
It's a fair bit away from the Beach Ballroom itself, (it's a long 4 and a half miles IMHO) David :( However, for £15 a night it might be worth it, as the workshops are in the Northern Hotel, which is closer to the airport.

Jamie
23rd-January-2007, 02:48 AM
Yeah right. It always seems to be girls around Jamie. Oh, and CentrAlex :na:

Oh hush you! :rofl:

under par
23rd-January-2007, 03:10 AM
Can't make this Beach Ballroom as I'm taking Mrs Par to New York for Valentines and we won't be back till 21st February.... god she's a lucky girl:whistle:

Freya
23rd-January-2007, 03:14 AM
Can't make this Beach Ballroom as I'm taking Mrs Par to New York for Valentines and we won't be back till 21st February.... god she's a lucky girl:whistle:

Just had to point that out again???????

under par
23rd-January-2007, 03:16 AM
Just had to point that out again???????

I mustn't drink wine and post..... I must not drink wine and post.... my apologies Freya:hug:

Freya
23rd-January-2007, 03:27 AM
It's ok we're just Jealous! :hug:

TheTramp
23rd-January-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm not. I'd much rather go to the Beach Ballroom :D

Oid
14th-February-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi Folks,

Know it's close to Saturday now, but I wondered if there are any guys out there who'd be able to partner me for the Posture, Movement and Spinning workshop on Saturday morning. I'm coming up with friends from Glasgow, and managed to get booked on the other workshops, but have ended up on the waiting list for this one, and it's the one I'd like to do most of all. I'm a familiar face in Aberdeen, though not many of you will know me as Oid. I'm Lindsey (not the former taxi dancer and double trouble champ - the other one). Formerly known by Mr Hancock and friends as Linzoid, hence the Oid part. I moved down the road near the end of last year, though was working and coming back at weekends before that, and ended up dropping out of the scene. It'll be great to see you all again, to catch up and have a dance. Hope you're all doing well.

My friend Nigel also wonders if there is a guy looking for accommodation for the Sat and Sun nights. We're booked into the Premier Travel Inn on West North Street (near the BB and the Northern Hotel), and he has a twin room, at the rate of £27pppn.

If you're interested in either of these things, please let me know.

See you soon.

Lindsey xx

Beowulf
17th-February-2007, 10:54 AM
Hi,

Any one from the west end side of Aberdeen (The posh side :wink:) heading towards the beach ballroom tonight?

I'm looking for a lift down for Myself and Twirly.. I've texted one of my regular friends so I may already be sorted.. but I'm just covering my bases just in case :)

Pete

Beowulf
19th-February-2007, 01:39 AM
What an utterly fantastic weekend. The Saturday night Beach Ballroom event was astounding. And the cabaret was fantastic .. Simon and Nicole were superb.. although I doubt I'll ever manage to do this little drop they taught us.. was still very cool. I can't comment on the workshops as I didn't attend any , but Twirly did the Saturday morning one and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The sunday night chill out was "interesting" too. Was a bit of a blues virgin but before hand Twirly and I watched the beginners blues DVD and I went armed with a crib sheet of notes in my back pocket ;) The boy dances blues now :)

By the end of the night I'd danced with Tiggerbabe :drool: I didn't spontaneously combust after all, she's not as scary as I imagined :) I also ended up leading McJester !! oh and Caro leading a double trouble with McJester and Me !! :eek: (I believe pictures were taken.. unfortunately :wink: ) I don't follow at all so let us just say my interpretation of Caro's double trouble lead was ..well... singularly unique.

But hats off to Franck , Sheena, Trampy , Simon and Nicole for providing such a fun weekend.. and of course, much :respect: and :awe: to all the lovely dancers I danced with.. far too many to mention.

2 nights dancing in a row? I'll be thinking I can dance next :wink:

Genie
19th-February-2007, 01:25 PM
I had a great weekend too. Thanks to Ducasi for a lovely dance (despite being shattered) and pmjd on saturday. And thanks to NZ Monkey and PretzelMeister for some fab dances on Sunday. Lovely weekend, lots of people, just a shame it's all over until July :(

Gadget
19th-February-2007, 02:19 PM
oooh my muscles are feeling tight today... :D

First, thank you to everyone who danced with me, and appologies to anyone I trod on or head-butted {:blush::flower:} It's the dances that make the night for me and I had two amazing nights.

The workshops on Saturday were packed with information, so we were all trying to concentrate hard on them. I think that dual teachers have more they can give a class than a single one might, especially when the two roles are doing different things.
Spinning - the core to this was/is balance (and control to avoid pushing yourself off-balance) with some excercises to improve both. I found moving the upper and lower parts of the body to do different things in different directions really difficult: too many little things to think on that all peice together to make the whole.

Musicality - Not sure that I got much from this. Basically it was saying that the follower is musical, the lead just stomps, so leads: give the follower some space to do their thing. (and followers - if they aren't, take some space and do it any way.) More on how to invite the followers to play and recognise when they are playing rather than any information on when or how to express the music. It's a wide topic, you can't do it all in the time allocated.

Saturday partyMusic was playing, dancers filled the floor, iced water and chocolates on the table, amazing dancers in amazing dresses, fast and spring floor, ... what more could a boy want? :D ... as ever, the music stopped before I wanted to, but that's the only flaw I can think on to an excelent evening.

Sunday workshops I didn't do, so can't comment on.

Sunday Party... blues... :cool: ... mmm... :cool: I was in my elephant... got lost in so many dances that I was surprised when the music stopped; not only that it stopped so soon, but that it stopped so late: "but I only started dancing a moment ago... didn't I ?? erm... except for those dances that lasted one long exhail where time was immaterial..."
..can we have more please?

:worthy: to Franck (and Sheena) for another fantastic Beach Ballroom weekend. :clap:

ducasi
19th-February-2007, 03:24 PM
I had a great weekend too. Thanks to Ducasi for a lovely dance (despite being shattered) and pmjd on saturday. And thanks to NZ Monkey and PretzelMeister for some fab dances on Sunday. Lovely weekend, lots of people, just a shame it's all over until July :(
Thank you, I enjoyed my dance with you too, and all my dances on Saturday night, despite bouts of tiredness and general rustiness. Apologies if some of my dances were not up to my usual standards.

Also, apologies to those I had hoped to dance with, but didn't manage to. Hope we get another chance soon.

I'm sorry that I was unable to do any of Simon & Nicole's workshops, based on everything I've heard and read they would been definitely worth attending.

Looking forward to the next Beach Ballroom in July already!

Nessiemonster
19th-February-2007, 03:36 PM
:respect: to Simon and Nicole for Excellent workshops and to Franck for organising the event. The workshop on spinning and posture was everything I wanted it to be, despite having to sit out for the second half of it (opportunity to write notes on all the exercises from the first half!)

Fantastic weekend, marred only by my inability to dance and spin as well as usual due to flu recovery. Thanks to all. :flower:

Lorna
19th-February-2007, 04:11 PM
Hi all,

Had a brill night. Great music Steve. :respect: As usual I spent a lot of time catching up with people, but I did do a lot of dancing too. Thanks to all who danced with me. :flower:

First time that I have met Simon and Nicole and I had a dance with both. (Mind you it did take me till about 12.30 to pluck up the courage to ask Simon, :blush: and then he told me that it was one of his favourite tracks :eek: :eek: but it was lovely, thank you).

Might not make the next BB as I may be on holiday. Such a shame too as it falls on my birthday weekend!!

Lotsa love lorna x-x

Beowulf
19th-February-2007, 04:35 PM
apologies to anyone I trod on or head-butted {:blush::flower:}

Twirly says not to worry about it.. she would post that herself but she's just out of hospital where she spent the night with concussion :wink:

Caro
19th-February-2007, 07:05 PM
As usual with BBR week-ends, I had a very good time :clap:

I did all the workshops (I book them all everytime by principle) and I really enjoyed them. Some interesting techniques and style variations were taught, especially on saturday. Some good stuff to practice now (need to find a vict-sorry a patient leader now)!
I like the way S&N asked the follow to lean into the leader's arm at the start of the dance - that actually made the step back leadable (not that I am a big fan of the step back at the beginning / end of every move :whistle: :devil: ).
Really enjoyed the cabaret as well (am I going to get shot for saying it was WCS without footwork? :whistle: ).

Parties were very good as usual, although it seems sunday was a bit quieter than usual? Nice to see some new faces getting into blues (hey Beo :wink: ).

Had some great dances all week-end, too many to mention and I am bound to forget some peeps so thanks all :flower: :hug: .

Too bad we have to wait until July for the next one... can't wait to have David and Lily teaching us :clap:

Tiggerbabe
19th-February-2007, 07:15 PM
I had an incredible weekend :respect: to Simon and Nicole, they were awesome, and they worked so hard all weekend. Even driving down to Dundee for the Charity party on Friday, after driving overnight on Thursday to get to Aberdeen.
4 Fab workshops, although I've got so much homework to do now :tears:

Had a great time on Saturday night at the Beach Ballroom, just love that venue :drool: music was brill (thanks Trampy :hug: ) danced my wee sox off :clap:
More :respect: to Simon for managing to fit that class into the 15/20 mins he was allowed :wink: and :waycool: cabaret guys!

Laughs a plenty at the APP, :rofl: hoovering will never be the same again :wink:

Sunday's chill-out party was great, everyone was just sooooooooo relaxed :blush: Unfortunately Simon and Nicole couldn't stay for this and I missed out on another dance with NZM, too :tears: Beowulf, I'm glad you didn't combust :)

Looking forward to July, too, David and Lily B :hug: :drool:

Franck
20th-February-2007, 02:57 PM
Too bad we have to wait until July for the next one... can't wait to have David and Lily teaching us :clap:Yes, July seems like a long way away. Will be great to get DavidB and LilyB teaching us again, we're working on a great set of workshops!
In the meantime, we have Blaze to look forward to, especially as Simon and Nicole just confirmed they were available, so they are back in May!

As for this Beach Ballroom, well, it didn't disappoint again! So many great dancers, a friendly atmosphere in my favourite ballroom ever!
I had some incredible dances, thanks to top music from Steve, the night ended too quickly, leaving us on a high for the after party party! :wink:

I learnt loads from Simon and Nicole too, as I just told them in an email:

The mix of workshops you offered and your reputation as dancers ensured the workshops were well booked and your energy, professionalism, obvious talent and expertise generated great feedback from all attending.

The Sunday chill-out party with tunes from Tiggerbabe was yummy as ever, relaxed atmosphere, sexy dances and a great end to a fab week-end.

Thanks to everyone attending, once again, you made the week-end special for me and everyone else! :hug:

Simon r
20th-February-2007, 02:57 PM
A big thank you to everyone for making us feel so welcome...:D

What a great group of dancers you have up there it was lovely to meet so many people....:respect:

Thank you for all the private messages and comments, we were very nervous doing the first performance of our new showcase and it was great to have such vocal support keeping us going.

Franck has already spoken to us about some future work up in Scotland so we should be back soon.

Lots of love Simon and Nicole:love:

Twirly
20th-February-2007, 05:45 PM
I too had a fab time at my first Beach Ballroom.

The spinning workshop was really useful, although my foot was hurting so I was hobbling a bit. :sad: Will try and remember and practice what I learnt though.

Had a bit of a slow start on Saturday night as was in shy mode early on and wasn’t getting asked to dance by anyone other than Beo and Gadget. But then PMJD popped up and asked me, and that set me off on a good time for the rest of the evening – so thank you. :hug: The cabaret was great to watch. :clap: And then afterwards, I got asked to dance a few more times, and my confidence restored I pottered off to ask a few strangers to dance. And kept Beo there till 1am :D (which I understand is a first!).

Sunday was probably the best night for me. Beo and I practised some moves from the Blues DVD in the afternoon, and much to his own amazement he managed to lead them pretty well when we got to the dancefloor (see I am a good influence!:na: ). Had lots of lovely dances… though I don’t think that I’ve ever been quite so dizzy as when Lisa got me in a close hold and whizzed me round at high speed :sick: (surprised we didn’t drill a hole in the floor!). She's very powerful and yet she’s so small!! :really:

It was lovely meeting so many forum folks and dancing with many of you too. Just please forgive me if I can’t remember (either) of your name(s) next time we meet… :blush:

The only sad point for me was saying goodbye to the lovely NZMonkey… thanks for all the dances (and your patience and advice) this weekend and over the last six months or so. Am going to miss you. :hug:

Right, when’s the next one so I can get my ticket booked?! :D

Freya
21st-February-2007, 12:30 AM
I had a fab time! Thats all I need to say!

Thanx for all my dances people!

Here's some pictures from the Sunday Night!

Freya
21st-February-2007, 12:33 AM
And a few more!

Beowulf
23rd-February-2007, 04:33 PM
Great pics Freya. There were quite a lot of flashes going off that night.

(and if you look carefully you can just make out Twirly sitting by the dance floor ;) )