PDA

View Full Version : Why did you go to your first class?

MJ in the USA
5th-January-2007, 06:47 PM
Flyers and other marketing materials highlight so many different 'features & benefits' for Ceroc (and MJ in general). What was it that took you to your first class?

Perhaps you already danced & just wanted to add another style to your repertoire?

Maybe your social life needed a boost? Or you were looking for a boy/girlfriend

Did you want to lose weight without slaving away at the gym?

I first saw Ceroc at a party and the dancers seemed to be having so much fun I had to give it a try. That was eleven years ago...

Dai
5th-January-2007, 06:55 PM
I used to work behind the bar at a ceroc night, i always wanted to have a go - so when i stopped working behind the bar, and started dancing. However before i worked on the ceroc evenings - i had never heard of ceroc, so i guess i'd never have started dancing at all if i hadn't worked behind the bar.

The other reason was that whislt i was working i had met someone whom i wanted to date, and so when i stopped working i had to attend the ceroc classes in order to remain in contact with them.

I didn't join originally to pull this someone though, the dancing looked like fun, and the other justed added to the enjoyment!!

fletch
5th-January-2007, 06:56 PM
I had stoped drinking alcohol and I needed somewhere to go other than pub's and club's I was also on a diet, I had lost one and a half stone but had another 3 and a half to go, and a friend introduced me, I very nearly backed out, I hadn't been out properly for 3 years, just works 'do' and stuff like that.

It has changed my life not to mention the way I look :clap:

I often say 'gosh what would I be doing if I hadn't found dancing'

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Paulthetrainer
5th-January-2007, 08:47 PM
Got dragged reluctantly along by an old girlfriend. We only went twice though because we both weren't free on the same night. Astonished that I could actually do it, I decided that if I was ever at a loose end I would give it another try. A few years later, after splitting up with the girlfriend that took me, I went along again. Did it for a few months then kind of drifted away from it. Then in 2004 I went back, made loads of friends (which was the best bit), and have been going ever since.

DJ Beccy
5th-January-2007, 09:13 PM
I agreed to go along with a friend who wanted to loose weight she had put on when she was pregnant.

I got hooked on the first night and haven't looked back since.

Shame about my friend she gave up after a couple of years.

Thank was back in 1999, my doesn't time fly when you're having fun on the dance floor!!

:grin:

Gav
6th-January-2007, 01:30 AM
A colleague at work who I fancied the pants off suggested it just after I got seperated, so being a bloke of course I went even though I was petrified.
Hooked straight away, we never got together but we did end up best friends because of it.
Thanks to Ceroc I have a great best friend and a consuming passion for dancing :clap: :flower:

MartinHarper
6th-January-2007, 01:47 AM
I think you want to read The road to Ceroc (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1417)

MJ in the USA
6th-January-2007, 04:43 AM
I think you want to read The road to Ceroc (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1417)

Thanks for the link, lots of stories there about how people heard of Ceroc.

This thread is more about motivation, WHY did you go rather than HOW did you hear about it.

Bear your soul...

ducasi
6th-January-2007, 03:36 PM
I had decided I needed to widen my social circle, get out a bit more and get a bit more active. Ceroc ticked all these boxes, it looked like a lot of fun, and I enjoyed ceilidh and club dancing. :)

Plus I was trying to impress a girl... ;)

Lynn
6th-January-2007, 03:58 PM
It was part of a holiday I went on - I'd always wanted to try partner dancing though and it was part of why I opted to go on that holiday.

But the first night of the holiday there was a demo and I thought 'I want to learn how to do that!' I guess I was hooked from then.

Hooked enough to perservere even when there were no classes to go to in NI.

Husky_Cat
6th-January-2007, 06:17 PM
I always been interested in dancing but never got the courage to actually join a class until last year , i got separated from my husband and had suffered bereavement (spelling?) of my dear grandfather that i thought that life was too short and decided to take a chance and found the ceroc website and made some enquires and joined on dundee wednesday evenings and now i am addicted!! :D :D

Shona
xxx:hug:

Northants Girly
7th-January-2007, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the link, lots of stories there about how people heard of Ceroc.

This thread is more about motivation, WHY did you go rather than HOW did you hear about it.

Bear your soul...and that thread was started in 2002 Martin!

New members are allowed to ask questions even if they have been asked heaps of times before in the past :wink:

ducasi
7th-January-2007, 01:24 AM
and that thread was started in 2002 Martin!

New members are allowed to ask questions even if they have been asked heaps of times before in the past :wink:
And that thread has been active much of the time since. :wink:

New members are allowed to ask questions even if they have been asked heaps of times before in the past, but they may also like to read what other people have written in the past on the same or similar subjects. :nice:

MartinHarper
7th-January-2007, 01:49 AM

Of course. If I disapproved I would have used the rep facility rather than providing a helpful link.

purplehyacinth
7th-January-2007, 01:58 PM
Why?

Because my legs were unhappy at not getting enough dancing!

I was travelling around a lot with work, wasn't able to make it to my regular dance group(s), and my leg muscles were beginning to express their discontent. So I needed to find some form of dancing that would fit in with a nomadic life, to get my legs to stop whinging at me.

Had heard about ceroc 4 years before (!), checked out the website and found that there were ceroc classes in most major (Scottish) cities I visited, in locations which were get-to-able, and having e-mailed ceroc Scotland, found out that they had a nice, relaxed attitude to random strangers wandering in off the street on any given night. So went along.....:nice:

and then I kept going back......

SeriouslyAddicted
7th-January-2007, 10:30 PM
I first saw Ceroc at a party and the dancers seemed to be having so much fun I had to give it a try. That was eleven years ago...

:yeah:

Plus I used to Salsa dance and so already knew how much I enjoyed dancing - just wanted to try something different.

SuzyQ
7th-January-2007, 11:17 PM
I got twirled round by my housemate's boyfriend at her leaving do (follow that?!) found myself imitating a tickle-me-elmo (giggling and bouncing uncontrollably) for at least 30mins after the dance had finished. How could I not go and find a class.

Nearly gave up after my second lesson as I fell over landing rather spectacularly on my bottom after saying quite loudly "I can spin on my left foot" ... hurah for having no shame!!

I totally understand Fletch's comment - what would I be doing if it wasn't for dancing?!

I think I'd be bored.

sidney
8th-January-2007, 09:47 AM
I came across ceroc six years ago in NZ, and I checked it out to find there was local classes which I then went to for a couple of months till I camr back to England, and did not start again till three years ago after I split up with someone, and was at a loose end where I did not want to go down the pub and club scene so Donna who taught at my local gym who also was a ceroc teacher said why don't I come along to her class, and the rest is history:nice: