PDA

View Full Version : New Year DANCE Resolutions

Minnie M
29th-December-2006, 11:44 PM
Are you making any dance related resolutions for 2007 ?

I would like to learn 'smooth' lindy properly (looking forward to Blaze):yeah: :clap:
To ask more men to dance

Caro
29th-December-2006, 11:54 PM
1. I will never again ask for an assignment in a country where there's no partner dancing available. Almost died of withdrawal symptoms :eek:

2. When back in Aberdeen, will attend the tango classes more regularly :blush:

3. Will make one trip to a major WCS comp in the US (New York in June anybody? :wink: ) (needless to say that'll be just to watch the comp)

4. Will give a go to lindy :cool:, blaze for a start and probably the sea sun and swing camp in France in the summer :clap:

MartinHarper
30th-December-2006, 04:03 AM
Open to suggestions, but currently:

1. To get round to seeing what I look like on video and thus start fixing the stuff I don't know about.

2. To do the local dance course that promises to teach me Argentine Tango in six easy lessons.

Lynn
30th-December-2006, 01:52 PM
To ask more men to dance:yeah: Always.

1. To get round to seeing what I look like on video and thus start fixing the stuff I don't know about. Sounds like a good idea. Scary, but helpful I guess.

2. To do the local dance course that promises to teach me Argentine Tango in six easy lessons.Ah, misprint on their info I suspect. They meant six difficult years. Well, to get the basics anyway. :D

On that note
- To make some progress with AT and not get frustrated at lack of progress or lack of dancing/lesson options.

And
- To maybe get beyond 'lesson one' of WCS somehow
- To aim to have a few more regular dance partners so that we can work on different aspects

Finally - not strictly a 'resolution' but I guess it would be good to have one thing on the list that I know I will definitely be able to look back at the end of the year and say 'I achieved that' -

- To get a new pair of dance shoes. :wink:

Georgious dancer
30th-December-2006, 04:19 PM
I think my New Year Dance resolution has to be to actually get out dancing more! Since starting my new job I have been rubbish and as a result my dancing has not got any better (probably worse) and I haven't seen very much of my friends! :sad:

David Bailey
30th-December-2006, 04:23 PM
2. To do the local dance course that promises to teach me Argentine Tango in six easy lessons.
Fantastic, can I come along too? :)

jivecat
30th-December-2006, 04:48 PM
1.Appreciate the small pleasures of partner dancing and be continually delighted rather than hanker for the perfect dance experience and be continually disappointed.

2.Buy some proper tango shoes.

3.Go to the Tango Tangk just to check it out.

3.Make a serious effort to learn WCS.

4.Find a WCS practice partner.

4.Go dancing at least once a week and dance with five complete strangers each time.

5.Don't ask people to dance who never ask me back.

6.Seek out people who I know enjoy dancing with me and make them happy.

7.Finally sort out that arm-styling thing.

8.Buy some low-heeled, soft dance shoes.

9.Dance fearlessly.

10.Stop wearing black.

Just remind me of these in approx 365 days time, please.

Gav
31st-December-2006, 03:31 PM
Well I make a point of not making new years resolutions, because if I want to do something or change my life in some way, I'll do it at the most appropriate time for me.

However, I have recently decided that I'm going to give Argentine Tango a go next year.:eek:

Wish me luck, it's my first attempt at "real" dancing. :blush:

dave the scaffolder
31st-December-2006, 03:40 PM
must try Argentinian Tango

JiveLad
31st-December-2006, 04:01 PM
I resolve to:

- go to Stockport again
- dance with at least 5 forumites (excluding Fletch)
- try Blackcurrant Tango

tiger
31st-December-2006, 05:49 PM
Why excluding Fletch,what has he/she done?

JiveLad
31st-December-2006, 05:56 PM

She's already danced with me (and very enjoyable it was)! She's the only forumite I have danced with (at least that I know of).

Maybe I should have said 5 new forumites - I realise now it looks like I don't want to dance with her - and of course the opposite is true!.

PS You can read the encounter with Fletch on my (mildly entertaining) blog at http://ceroc.blogspot.com/2006/11/stockport-vignettes.html

DianaS
31st-December-2006, 06:21 PM
New year 2000 and 7 resolutions
TO GO DANCING AGAIN after almost year off! Wey hey
To take my silver ballroom and latin medals an maybe gold too if i can get that for in a year!
To continue with tango
and to actually organise things more than 1/ an hour before a freestyle

Diana

fletch
31st-December-2006, 07:19 PM

so do I look like a man:confused:

Mr Cool
31st-December-2006, 07:45 PM

Fletch do you really have to ask:confused: your the quintessential woman:blush:
and superb dancer :worthy:
save me a dance or two always:yeah:

:waycool: :waycool: :waycool: :waycool:

Double Trouble
31st-December-2006, 07:59 PM

With those t*ts? Are you kidding?

Andy McGregor
2nd-January-2007, 02:26 AM
so do I look like a man:confused:Fletch is far too scary to be a guy...

StokeBloke
2nd-January-2007, 11:23 AM
My resolution for 2007 is to leave the shelter and safety of Midlands Ceroc and venture out into the big bad world, where Ceroc meets WWF wrestling. Where dancers regularly refuse each other dances, twist and yank each other's arms, come home with bruises, broken jaws or broken backs!

Sounds delightful... maybe I'll give it a go next month... or maybe the month after that... or... maybe I'll stick to Stoke, Stafford, Burton, Wolverhampton, Walsall and The J11 Club until my BUPA membership comes through :wink:

Seriously, I am going to try and venture further afield in 2007 - see you on the dance floor :D

Dai
2nd-January-2007, 01:57 PM

No sweetheart - how could you even ask such a thing???

Resolutions -

1. ask more women to dance - (ones i don't know)
2. learn to follow
3. gain more confidence in dancing blues

rubyred
2nd-January-2007, 03:17 PM
My resolutions so far are:

1. to retart lessons in Agentinian Tango.
2. to become more proficient in ballroom and latin.
3. to go to more ceroc/mj venues outside my local area.

Lou
2nd-January-2007, 04:08 PM
TO GO DANCING AGAIN after almost year off! Wey hey
:yeah: For various reasons, I didn't really dance much last year. :rolleyes: So, I hearby resolve to dance at least 1.5 times a week*. :wink:

Oh, and I'd like a dance with DavidJames sometime this year, too. I promise not to hijack... :whistle:

*OK, it's not the 5 times a week I was managing in '05, but I'm not Trampy!

Gav
2nd-January-2007, 04:31 PM
My resolution for 2007 is to leave the shelter and safety of Midlands Ceroc and venture out into the big bad world
Seriously, I am going to try and venture further afield in 2007 - see you on the dance floor :D

You won't regret it.
I stuck to Norfolk and Suffolk for my first 9 months, then thanks to encouragement from many friendly forumites, I've now been to Chelmsford, Cheshunt, Ashtons, Derby, St. Neots, Orpington and Bow.
Not as long as many other peoples lists, but I've had some great dances, met some lovely people and now have many more friends that I otherwise wouldn't have.
Planning to expand that list over the coming year too.

David Bailey
3rd-January-2007, 10:06 AM
Hmmm:

2. When back in Aberdeen, will attend the tango classes more regularly :blush:

To make some progress with AT and not get frustrated at lack of progress or lack of dancing/lesson options.

3.Go to the Tango Tangk just to check it out.

However, I have recently decided that I'm going to give Argentine Tango a go next year.:eek:

must try Argentinian Tango

To continue with tango

1. to retart lessons in Agentinian Tango.

You know, there's some subtle common theme running through these posts, but I can't quite figure it out... :innocent:

MartinHarper
3rd-January-2007, 10:20 AM
You know, there's some subtle common theme running through these posts, but I can't quite figure it out... :innocent:

I'm only thinking of the six week course in order to horribly murder it when in the presence of AT fans, though.

Gav
3rd-January-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm only thinking of the six week course in order to horribly murder it when in the presence of AT fans, though.

It's taken DJ years to be able to murder it thoroughly and you want to get that in 6 weeks? :D

Tortoise
3rd-January-2007, 10:30 AM
New year resolutions. i still have the last years made to yet achieve.

. give up smoking ----- urm cant quiet do it!!! where is my will power????

ok so forget that one lets set a new one.

My great grandma once said to me "To live life not instead of allowing life to live me". I guess i had never thought of the meaning behind that. I now will for the rest of the year. :nice:

David Bailey
3rd-January-2007, 05:01 PM
1. Dance more AT than MJ.
2. Devise a cunning way to locate AT dancers at MJ venues. I'm thinking wristbands :wink:

Gav
3rd-January-2007, 05:07 PM
2. Devise a cunning way to locate AT dancers at MJ venues. I'm thinking wristbands :wink:

Easy, they're the ones jumping up and down and frantically looking around the room every time a Tango track comes on.
Also sometimes seen desperately trying to wriggle free of DoubleTrouble and failing!

David Bailey
3rd-January-2007, 05:10 PM
Easy, they're the ones jumping up and down and frantically looking around the room every time a Tango track comes on.
Jumping? Blimey, you'll be accusing me of bouncing next. :tears:

Also sometimes seen desperately trying to wriggle free of DoubleTrouble and failing!
She has a vice-like grip, indeed. Ahem.

JiveLad
3rd-January-2007, 05:44 PM
Hmmm:

Hey - you didn't mention my resolution about trying Blackcurrant Tango!:confused:

David Bailey
3rd-January-2007, 05:49 PM
Hey - you didn't mention my resolution about trying Blackcurrant Tango!:confused:
Ah yes, that was it - the common theme is drinking.

Duh, silly me.

MartinHarper
3rd-January-2007, 05:53 PM
It's taken DJ years to be able to murder it thoroughly and you want to get that in 6 weeks? :D

Well his extensive experience allows him to murder it very thoroughly indeed. I only expect to be able to murder parts of it. However, the parts I can murder will surely be truely gruesome.

JiveLad
3rd-January-2007, 06:33 PM
Ah yes, that was it - the common theme is drinking.

Duh, silly me.

Drink? I'm talking about the new dance craze that is sweeping parts of South America. Apparently it's even sexier than Argentinian Tango, being described by recent converts as "fruity" and "a re-energising experience".

PS - New Year - new name: cronshd is now jivelad

whitetiger1518
4th-January-2007, 04:51 PM
#1 Give up most non Dance occupations ASAP so I can spend more time and money on Dancing :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

#2 Persuade more of my guy friends to come along :waycool:

#3 Get (much) better at MJ (About time too!! :rofl: )

#4 Go to more venues :clap: :clap:

That will do for now - I will catch up with the rest of the forum and probably add more resolutions to this lot tomorrow

Happy New Year

Whitetiger

Lynn
4th-January-2007, 10:40 PM
Easy, they're the ones jumping up and down and frantically looking around the room every time a Tango track comes on. Almost. Looking round the room, yes. But not jumping up and down - that's not going to attract AT dancers.

And if you can't get to tango to a tango track - often good to have a look around and see if anyone else is tangoing - and mark them out to ask next time.

Beowulf
5th-January-2007, 12:29 PM
To try and attend my classes more diligently and not succumb to lethargy, apathy and/or inertia
To try and enjoy dancing more and not be so down on myself for not being as good as I would like to be.
To get a pair of dance shoes/trainers ;) Then I'll HAVE to go dancing more.
To think less about "The Moves" and more about "The Dance"
To apologise less ;) :blush:

Lynn
8th-February-2007, 10:48 PM
- To make some progress with AT and not get frustrated at lack of progress or lack of dancing/lesson options.Still frustrated at lack of progress - most notable when I tried to follow at Southport.:(

- To maybe get beyond 'lesson one' of WCS somehowYay - managed to have a go at following at Southport. Progress already.

- To aim to have a few more regular dance partners so that we can work on different aspectsAlso well on the way with this.

- To get a new pair of dance shoes. Not managed this yet - plan to remedy that this weekend.

Anyone else made any progress on their dance goals? I think I need to set a few new ones.