PDA

View Full Version : Hunt and Destroy

Amir
29th-December-2006, 09:08 AM
Actually just hunt.

I downloaded the following clip off the internet somewhere a long time back:

"Jason and Katie - US Open 2004.wmv"

But I can't remember where from, and google hasn't been much help finding it.

Perhaps someone here may know how to do a better search.

I still have the clip on my computer, but I would like to recommend it to other people. It is one of the most brilliant choreographies I have ever seen! (There's the incentive!)

Thanks

Amir

David Franklin
29th-December-2006, 10:02 AM
Like you, I have the video clip, but can't find it on the 'net. I'm fairly sure the video originally came from the Dynamic Poetry (www.dynamicpoetry.com) website, but it's had a major redesign since then and it's no longer there.

ducasi
29th-December-2006, 10:13 AM
I don't think this is it, cos it's not the US Open, but it's Jason & Katie in 2004, apparently winning the "Classic Division" of SwingDiego.

http://216.55.128.31/fastpack/swingdiego_vid/classic.wmv

(From this page (http://studentorg.cua.edu/ballroom/vid_wcs.htm).)

Amir
29th-December-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks ducasi - I have seen that one too but it is not filmed or danced nearly as well as at the US Open. :(

Andreas
29th-December-2006, 10:23 AM
You could also go and hunt at http://www.wcs.fr/

Not completely sure the one you are after is on their FTP server but it is very likely.

David Franklin
29th-December-2006, 10:38 AM
Thanks ducasi - I have seen that one too but it is not filmed or danced nearly as well as at the US Open. :(Er, not to state the obvious, but it's also not even the same routine! (Unless we have very different files labelled Jason and Katie - US Open 2004!). The US Open is in November and is generally(*) the place people debut their new routines, while Swing Diego is early the next year. So in this case, Jason and Katie's routine for SwingDiego 2004 was essentially the same routine they did for US Open 2003. The US Open 2003 performance is on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E44T_3YvRTY), incidentally.

(*) Not always, however - J&T's "Pump It" routine seemed pretty ubiquitious on websites in the run-up to 2006.

FWIW, I had a brief look on www.wcs.fr but I didn't see it. Doesn't seem to be as much WCS stuff on there as I recalled - maybe they've done a prune as well.

Amir
29th-December-2006, 11:58 AM
Er, not to state the obvious, but it's also not even the same routine! (Unless we have very different files labelled Jason and Katie - US Open 2004!). .

No you're right - it isn't the same routine. I said I had seen it without even checking it, assuming that it was the other version I have seen of the same routine. Oops. Anyway, it is the US open version in particular that I am looking for since, as I say, it is danced better and filmed better than other versions I have seen.

Would the Dynamic Poetry site perhaps have been hosting the routine without permission and have to remove it?

David Franklin
29th-December-2006, 12:23 PM
Would the Dynamic Poetry site perhaps have been hosting the routine without permission and have to remove it?Well, they were pretty obviously ripping the files off the official Video/DVDs, so it's certainly possible. On the other hand, seems everyone does it these days - YouTube is absolutely filled with them.

TheTramp
29th-December-2006, 01:14 PM
I can understand the hunt bit. But why would you then want someone to destroy it? Or am I being too literal here?

Anyhow, if you have a copy, why don't you just post it on YouTube. It's probably against copyright, but as David says, everyone else is doing it anyhow.....

Dreadful Scathe
29th-December-2006, 02:50 PM
I can understand the hunt bit. But why would you then want someone to destroy it? Or am I being too literal here?

The first thing Amir said was "Actually just hunt" ;)

bigdjiver
29th-December-2006, 08:09 PM
Looks like you have to pay to see their performance:-

http://www.usopenswingdc.com/2004_division_winners.html

Amir
29th-December-2006, 08:30 PM
Anyhow, if you have a copy, why don't you just post it on YouTube. It's probably against copyright, but as David says, everyone else is doing it anyhow.....

what was it you were studying again?

well I got pretty annoyed when someone posted excerpts of my DVD on Youtube. Not very annoyed, since it is probably good advertising, but still annoyed not to be asked first.

I guess it is much the same thing trying to find someone else who has already done it. It is probably hypocritical, but then everyone one is doing hypocrisy these days. She is such a slut.

Msfab
29th-December-2006, 11:08 PM
I guess it is much the same thing trying to find someone else who has already done it. It is probably hypocritical, but then everyone one is doing hypocrisy these days. She is such a slut.

Why does hypocrisy have to be a she?:(

bigdjiver
29th-December-2006, 11:25 PM
Why does hypocrisy have to be a she?:(***** spells it hepocrisy ...

Amir
30th-December-2006, 08:21 AM
Why does hypocrisy have to be a she?:(

She probably isn't. But then all men are hypocrites so its only fair that hypocrisy isn't.

[Moderator alert: low flying absurdity zone]