PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Dance Moments of 2006

JiveLad
28th-December-2006, 11:22 PM
Hi

These are my top 10 dance moments/experiences of 2006 (as described in full on my mildly entertaining blog at http://ceroc.blogspot.com/)

The number 1, I know is something some people don't like (slowness) - however it hits my sweet spot.

10 - Dancing with Sandra, the World Lindy Hop Champion 2004.
9 - All Shook Up
8 - Dancing to 'Better together' at Chesham, September.
7 - Stomping in Sacramento
6 - Hot weekend at Warmwell (Dorset)
5 - Dancing with a stranger in Stockholm
4 - The Stockport 'lick'
3 - Dance with Epsom at Warmwell
2 - Crazy Chick Charlotte Church

........................cue trumpet fanfare.......

Number 1 - I Don't feel like dancin'

Does anyone else have top (dance related) moments of 2006 they can share?:)

And I promise to get out more in 2007!

rubyred
29th-December-2006, 03:29 AM
Hi

4 - The Stockport 'lick'
Hi Cronshd, what pray tell is 'the Stockport 'lick' ' ? :confused:

JiveLad
29th-December-2006, 11:23 AM
Hi Cronshd, what pray tell is 'the Stockport 'lick' ' ? :confused:

Well - it was just the title I happened to give it (the evening in Stockport)...........I think I was listening to 'The Staunton Lick' by Lemon Jelly (on the album KY) at the time. 'Lick' is a short phrase used by jazz musicians..............as well as some other definitions which you can see at http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lick - but I won't repeat here.

It wasn't referring to any activity that happened during the evening! (At least that I can remember). Although I did get 'licked' in another sense (see the urban dictionary) during the evening:

Dancing with a lady, blond 45(ish)? (I'm crap at guessing ages). Did the standard In-Out, In-Out move 3 times then let go - allowing the lady to push you with her hands in the chest. Well, instead of this, she did a double face slap - a bit like Morecambe and Wise used to do.
"That's a new one!" I said
"Yeah - I'm an Aries - that means I'm dangerous"
"Ok - well I'm a Taurus"
"You're stubborn then"
"Yes and I always get even with Aries"

Well we laughed a bit and I was working out how I could even this out in an urbane kind of way.........then the music just ended before I could..............so next time!

jivecat
29th-December-2006, 11:32 AM
:

Dancing with a lady, blond 45(ish)? (I'm crap at guessing ages). Did the standard In-Out, In-Out move 3 times then let go - allowing the lady to push you with her hands in the chest. Well, instead of this, she did a double face slap - a bit like Morecambe and Wise used to do.

:respect: :respect: to the 45ish lady. I vote this should be a standard part of the move from now on.

TheTramp
29th-December-2006, 11:34 AM
:respect: :respect: to the 45ish lady. I vote this should be a standard part of the move from now on.

Ummmm. Remind me not to do that move with you tonight then (assuming you're coming to Daventry!) :yum:

jivecat
29th-December-2006, 11:54 AM
Ummmm. Remind me not to do that move with you tonight then (assuming you're coming to Daventry!) :yum:

I think you could possibly manage to dredge up one or two more interesting things from your repertoire.:worthy:

Dorothy
4th-February-2007, 02:00 PM
Greatest moments in 2006:-
Dancing with Amir
Improving at WCS and being able to dance a complete track!
Re-starting Tango classes in Edinburgh :nice:

TheTramp
6th-February-2007, 01:05 AM
Best dance of 2006:-

A certain track with a certain lady at about 10:50 in Berkhamsted on New Years Eve :blush:

CentrAlex
6th-February-2007, 01:21 AM
Mine has to be at the ceroc champs competing and my partners boob popping out...for those of you who know me...you know I always like to please the crowd...or at least half of them!! LOL!! :D

Sheepman
6th-February-2007, 01:53 AM
Mine has to be at the ceroc champs competing and my partners boob popping out...
So that moment beat taking the trophy then? :whistle:
The champs has to be one of my many highlights too, not for a single moment, but due to going as far as the DWAS semis with a lovely, very nervous, and overly modest, lady with about a year's experience of dancing. Despite her continuing modesty, it was great to see her enjoyment & boost to her self confidence.
And going back to Alex's boob, I'm afraid it pleased 50% of the audience minus 1, I was there, I was watching, but didn't spot a thing apart from a slight hesitation, why am I always at the wrong angle? :sad:

Greg

CJ
6th-February-2007, 02:19 AM
Top 10?!?!?!?!?????

Not a chance...

Top 3:

3) Teaching first attitude/style class:eek:
2) Watching the penny drop and being able to share in the moment when the first Musicality II W/shop guys got the concepts of dancing to instruments, and not the beat: thus bring them back into their (hugely expanded) comfort zone, but with new info under their belts.:D
1) approx 70 minutes, possibly 16 tunes, one dance.:awe: :tears: :flower: :worthy: